Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Prove your real .. ! Offensive???

Jump to newest

By *heekychappy22400 OP   Man
over a year ago

North east lincs

So I had a message of someone last night and they had no verifications (I haven't either) but they wasn't photo verified either... so I was speaking and then I asked them to take a picture of themselves with my name on a bit of paper .. they went ballistic and was really offended .. now me personally I am willing to prove I am genuine and would not be offended in any way as I think it's understandable to ask for reassurance ...

Other people thoughts on this please .. obviously my thoughts are well they must of been a fake profile ..

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Honestly I think you've probably over stepped the mark, there's got to be a degree of trust

over a year ago

That should be understandable to anybody with the slightest experience of sites like this. So yes, fake as a three pound note.

over a year ago

maybe you were a bit too quick to ask this...and possibly in the manner you may have asked...

over a year ago

Fake fake fake

over a year ago

So fake

over a year ago

I can't see a problem with it. It's the Internet after all an not everyone is on here with good intentions!! I read last year that on the fabguys site someone arranged a meet an was beaten and mugged.

over a year ago

North east lincs

I just think what's the issue if you are real it's no hard ship to take a quick photo surely

Nothing to hide then where is the issue...??

Anybody who has been in this scene for a while knows how many fakes are out there .. so thought it was kind of a given that we should all be more than willing to show we are genuine people ..

over a year ago

If you're suspicious just simply walk away, besides as a single guy you should be grateful you got a reply

over a year ago

North east lincs

"If you're suspicious just simply walk away, besides as a single guy you should be grateful you got a reply "

Grateful for a reply of a fake ??

over a year ago

"I just think what's the issue if you are real it's no hard ship to take a quick photo surely

Anybody who has been in this scene for a while knows how many fakes are out there .. so thought it was kind of a given that we should all be more than willing to show we are genuine people ..

"

I must admit I wouldn't like doing that. I am very self critical and if the photo isn't showing my best, I couldn't send it. However I do send a face pic if asked.

over a year ago

Fake! Wouldn't hurt would it? Plus with the new feature it's pretty easy!

over a year ago

They definitely are fake/timewasting. I have been on the sister site fabguys for a while on and off, the amount of guys with the stupidest of excuses for not having a face pic to send!

My advice: never bother contacting anyone who isn't verified/has no pics! Just block their messages! Or block them completely!

By *un KnightsCouple
over a year ago

South West

No veri not even standard photo one via site. We would ask for a bit more proof before getting into conversations other than idle chit chat. If they get upset by it that confirms they are fake for us.

Photo verried by FAB is a minimum now for us before we will bother to have a one to one interaction, happy to partake in forum chats though.

We get messages from people who joined over a year ago and still have no veris no pictures and expect us to send them ones so they can decide if they like us. Yeah right, we will send them as soon as we finish answering the email from a man in Africa who needs our help getting his millions out of the country.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"So I had a message of someone last night and they had no verifications (I haven't either) but they wasn't photo verified either... so I was speaking and then I asked them to take a picture of themselves with my name on a bit of paper .. they went ballistic and was really offended .. now me personally I am willing to prove I am genuine and would not be offended in any way as I think it's understandable to ask for reassurance ...

Other people thoughts on this please .. obviously my thoughts are well they must of been a fake profile .."

I wouldn't do it either. I'm not a performing monkey will to jump through hoops for a fuck. If you think they aren't genuine don't talk to them and find someone who you think is.

By *roticGoddessXXWoman
over a year ago

Richmond

Not necessarily fake--here's my perspective.

As a woman on here with no pictures I'm regularly accused of being a man in disguise.

I do NOT ask for pics, and I don't like sex chat (though talk about sex comes up at times, and I go along with it as long as it's humorous).

I specifically state no pics required, and I think my chat style indicates I am who I say I am.

I have plenty of non paranoid chat partners to message with, so when I get the ones who demand pics right away or go on a rant about how fake I am, I block and move on.

This does NOT make me a man, it simply means I have no time for those who are pushy and can't just take things as they go.

over a year ago

"If you're suspicious just simply walk away, besides as a single guy you should be grateful you got a reply

Grateful for a reply of a fake ?? "

Sarcasm

over a year ago

I wouldn't have done it when I had no verifications.

over a year ago

North east lincs

"I just think what's the issue if you are real it's no hard ship to take a quick photo surely

I must admit I wouldn't like doing that. I am very self critical and if the photo isn't showing my best, I couldn't send it. However I do send a face pic if asked."

Me and an ex partner used to request for new people to hold an object up of our choice ...

Si many people have said "ok yes we do something similar" due to time wasters x

over a year ago

I must admit I wouldn't like doing that. I am very self critical and if the photo isn't showing my best, I couldn't send it. However I do send a face pic if asked."

normally I would chat for a bit, fakes tend to start asking more sexual questions..you can often sense the person on the other side might not be so genuine. thats my experiences...I wouldnt jump to quick 'prove you are real' so quickly

over a year ago

North east lincs

"Fake! Wouldn't hurt would it? Plus with the new feature it's pretty easy! "

Exactly... cmon how is it offensive to ask someone to prove they are genuine x

By *esparate danMan
over a year ago

glasgow

They mustve thought you were being a cheeky chappie

over a year ago

evesham

"

Been on here nearly 10 years and can count the mo of faked I've encountered on one hand. Beginning to feel a bit left out lol

By *wo4FemCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

Definately a fake.

There was nothing wrong in asking for them to verify themselves as genuine by sending you a face pic holding a piece of paper with yours and their name on it.

over a year ago

North east lincs

"No veri not even standard photo one via site. We would ask for a bit more proof before getting into conversations other than idle chit chat. If they get upset by it that confirms they are fake for us.

Photo verried by FAB is a minimum now for us before we will bother to have a one to one interaction, happy to partake in forum chats though.

We get messages from people who joined over a year ago and still have no veris no pictures and expect us to send them ones so they can decide if they like us. Yeah right, we will send them as soon as we finish answering the email from a man in Africa who needs our help getting his millions out of the country.

"

Hahahhahahahahjahhahahahahah

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It's not offensive for you to ask for a pic with your name on.

It's not offensive for them to say no.

It is a tactic to yell offence. People do it to make you think you have done wrong.

If they protest too loud they are hiding something even if it is just that they are married or scared to meet.

over a year ago

I must admit I wouldn't like doing that. I am very self critical and if the photo isn't showing my best, I couldn't send it. However I do send a face pic if asked.

Me and an ex partner used to request for new people to hold an object up of our choice ...

Si many people have said "ok yes we do something similar" due to time wasters x"

How does a photo prove someone is 'genuine' ( wotever that means) and not a timewaster?

I'm confused

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

If someone requested this after a few messages, I'd just leave them to it, I'm not here to jump through hoops

over a year ago

North east lincs

"Definately a fake.

There was nothing wrong in asking for them to verify themselves as genuine by sending you a face pic holding a piece of paper with yours and their name on it."

I totally agree .. I would do the same and I would understand if somebody asked that of me ..

Also it wasn't like we had swapped just one message each they had sentered a naked pic and was asking me about the last time I had sex etc it was getting a bit watt so to speak so before I went forward I just wanted reassurance that was all

over a year ago

North east lincs

Si many people have said "ok yes we do something similar" due to time wasters x

How does a photo prove someone is 'genuine' ( wotever that means) and not a timewaster?

I'm confused"

Well it just prove at the very least the face pic they are using as there profile is genuinely the person your messaging .. ok given they could still end up wastin your time but not half as much as a complete fake profile ..

Do you not see this ??

over a year ago

"If you're suspicious just simply walk away, besides as a single guy you should be grateful you got a reply "

Haha. Once suspicions set in, it's hard to ever be reassured I think. Just my opinion, it means nothing.

over a year ago

North east lincs

"If someone requested this after a few messages, I'd just leave them to it, I'm not here to jump through hoops "

Absolutely. . But we are all here for safe mutually respetful fun ...

I politely said well if you are genuine and I've offended you I do appologise but.... before we can carry on chatting I need you to do this for me ... if not then good luck and happy fabbing

over a year ago

"Fake! Wouldn't hurt would it? Plus with the new feature it's pretty easy!

Exactly... cmon how is it offensive to ask someone to prove they are genuine x"

Did you send them one of you with there name on a piece of paper first?

over a year ago

evesham

"If someone requested this after a few messages, I'd just leave them to it, I'm not here to jump through hoops

I politely said well if you are genuine and I've offended you I do appologise but.... before we can carry on chatting I need you to do this for me ... if not then good luck and happy fabbing "

Calling people out as fake is not being respectful

over a year ago

North east lincs

Did you send them one of you with there name on a piece of paper first? "

No but I said any request you have of me I will return the favour

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with wanting to know that who you're speaking to is who they say they are OP.

What does that person expect, what if you were going to meet, you'd need to know that they are genuine before hand. So they'd have to show you at some point.

I'd chalk them up as another idiot fantasist, block, move on and don't bother thinking about them again. Those that really are part of this way of life won't bat an eyelid at such a request, to do the things we do through this site and others requires trust and honesty from the beginning. Sharing a pic up front that puts the other at ease is a minor request.

over a year ago

Did you send them one of you with there name on a piece of paper first?

No but I said any request you have of me I will return the favour "

We would consider it to be polite, but you asked so should have proved yourself first

over a year ago

North east lincs

"If someone requested this after a few messages, I'd just leave them to it, I'm not here to jump through hoops

I politely said well if you are genuine and I've offended you I do appologise but.... before we can carry on chatting I need you to do this for me ... if not then good luck and happy fabbing

Calling people out as fake is not being respectful "

I never said they were fake I just asked them to confirm they were real

I'm sorry but I really am struggling to see how its offensive or disrespectful

over a year ago

The amount of catfish that goes on these days I would ask for some kind of proof if I was unsure. Normally you can spot it a mile off. With the latest feature allowing you to take a picture and send in a message there is no excuse.

over a year ago

I'd say real, the fact they kicked off or went ballistic (female trait) the fact that they weren't willing to take a picture right here right now, also makes me think it was a female. I take about 30 face pictures with my hair done and make up done just to get one half decent face picture. If some guy asked me to take a picture of myself with his name on a piece of paper I wouldn't be able to.

I'd swap kik details and send an instant picture of my boobs to prove I'm the person in my pictures on here, but I couldn't send a live instant face picture of the guy was demanding it.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"I'd say real, the fact they kicked off or went ballistic (female trait) the fact that they weren't willing to take a picture right here right now, also makes me think it was a female. I take about 30 face pictures with my hair done and make up done just to get one half decent face picture. If some guy asked me to take a picture of myself with his name on a piece of paper I wouldn't be able to.

I'd swap kik details and send an instant picture of my boobs to prove I'm the person in my pictures on here, but I couldn't send a live instant face picture of the guy was demanding it. "

This would also apply to myself

over a year ago

"I'd say real, the fact they kicked off or went ballistic (female trait) the fact that they weren't willing to take a picture right here right now, also makes me think it was a female. I take about 30 face pictures with my hair done and make up done just to get one half decent face picture. If some guy asked me to take a picture of myself with his name on a piece of paper I wouldn't be able to.

I'd swap kik details and send an instant picture of my boobs to prove I'm the person in my pictures on here, but I couldn't send a live instant face picture of the guy was demanding it. "

Don't think he said he demanded a face pic, but asked for reassurance that the person he was talking to was who they said they were.

Not an unreasonable request and an easy one to appease, even with a boob shot, maybe with his name written on them.

As many have said, this site is full of time wasters, surely the genuine ones know that such requests are going to come their way at some point and so should be prepared to show that they are walking the walk as well as talking the talk.

over a year ago

"That should be understandable to anybody with the slightest experience of sites like this. So yes, fake as a three pound note."

What about three pound coins? I've been saving them up in whiskey bottle

over a year ago

again I'm going back to the instance OP, Ok I get that others are saying that in this day and age etc etc..

you havent actually said much, does/did she have a pic that could have been sent?

was there any mention of an upcoming meet?

as I asked before, was there sexual content coming from the messages-viewing to meet etc

would you have been able to do a vocal chat on phone/kik?

Personally I'd never jump on the band wagon so quickly to get a 'genuine' picture...in fact, it might have made YOU look like the pic collector/fantasist...

and you did this same routine when part of a couple?- did you get many meets from that?

over a year ago

I always send a face pic ( full top half of torso)with my first message..

My tattoos are very distinctive and can be seen in a number of my other photos.

I still struggle though. It seems not many couples like single bi crosdressers.. guess my age (50) doesn't help either. I know I could pass for much younger, but am not going to lie about my age for anyone. Will keep trying, although I do get the distinct feeling that I am on the scrapheap. Hey ho that's life

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"So I had a message of someone last night and they had no verifications (I haven't either) but they wasn't photo verified either... so I was speaking and then I asked them to take a picture of themselves with my name on a bit of paper .. they went ballistic and was really offended .. now me personally I am willing to prove I am genuine and would not be offended in any way as I think it's understandable to ask for reassurance ...

Other people thoughts on this please .. obviously my thoughts are well they must of been a fake profile .."

No way would I do that! I wouldn't do anything you tell me. Who do you think you are!

over a year ago

I'd swap kik details and send an instant picture of my boobs to prove I'm the person in my pictures on here, but I couldn't send a live instant face picture of the guy was demanding it.

Don't think he said he demanded a face pic, but asked for reassurance that the person he was talking to was who they said they were.

Not an unreasonable request and an easy one to appease, even with a boob shot, maybe with his name written on them.

As many have said, this site is full of time wasters, surely the genuine ones know that such requests are going to come their way at some point and so should be prepared to show that they are walking the walk as well as talking the talk."

He gave the person an ultimatum, send the picture he wanted right there and then or the conversation stops, that sounds quite demanding to me.

over a year ago

This is no more than a series of life choices.... Get over it

over a year ago

As many have said, this site is full of time wasters, surely the genuine ones know that such requests are going to come their way at some point and so should be prepared to show that they are walking the walk as well as talking the talk.

He gave the person an ultimatum, send the picture he wanted right there and then or the conversation stops, that sounds quite demanding to me.

"

Asking someone to show they are who they say they are is a fair request, if the person says no, then it's fair for the OP to end the conversation, why should he forsake his comfort for anyone. He wasn't comfortable speaking to someone he didn't think was who they said they were and said that if they couldn't prove it, he would stop chatting.

A fair way to be in my opinion.

over a year ago

evesham

I'm sorry but I really am struggling to see how its offensive or disrespectful "

I know I'm real, I know I'm genuine, fir someone to ask me to jump through hoops because they don't believe I'm real is disrespectful to me. I wouldn't get offended by it but I wouldn't continue talking to you after you asked me to prove my worth to you

over a year ago

North east lincs

Wow there really alot of people thinking badly here ...

She had said that she was looking at a meet etc

Then she first said " you have nice lips would you please send me a pic if you like pouting blowing a kiss"

To which I replied "could you please send me a pic of you with my name on a bit of paper.. hope you understand and are not offended.. and then I will send you any pic of me that you requset"

She went a bit angry etc then I said "well I'm sorry if you are genuine and appologise for any offense .. we are all here to be respectful of each other and this is just a thing I do to be sure .. the ball is in your court happy fabbing"

Is all this sooo unreasonable? ?

over a year ago

"Wow there really alot of people thinking badly here ...

Then she first said " you have nice lips would you please send me a pic if you like pouting blowing a kiss"

To which I replied "could you please send me a pic of you with my name on a bit of paper.. hope you understand and are not offended.. and then I will send you any pic of me that you requset"

She went a bit angry etc then I said "well I'm sorry if you are genuine and appologise for any offense .. we are all here to be respectful of each other and this is just a thing I do to be sure .. the ball is in your court happy fabbing"

Is all this sooo unreasonable? ?"

Who cares wether it's unreasonable or offensive or made her go boo hoo.

It's life choices that your both making, your free to ask she's free to tell you to fuck off.

over a year ago

evesham

So you didn't comply with her request and instead made a request of her then got upset because she was offended?

Right.... Ok

over a year ago

I'm sorry but I really am struggling to see how its offensive or disrespectful

I know I'm real, I know I'm genuine, fir someone to ask me to jump through hoops because they don't believe I'm real is disrespectful to me. I wouldn't get offended by it but I wouldn't continue talking to you after you asked me to prove my worth to you "

This! I've been asked to complete similar 'tasks' and I politely decline. If they choose to not accept that then I am completely fine with it. I never ask anyone to do something I wouldn't do myself. Maybe I'm too trusting...

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

OP you're a bit too demanding with women on here! I would NOT send you any pics with your name written on them! The first thought you assumed I was fake then you would have been blocked.

over a year ago

sounds a bit different from your OP.........I'll leave it at that.

By *ornylittlesubWoman
over a year ago

Grangemouth

sounds a bit different from your OP.........I'll leave it at that.

"

lol..I was just thinking "THATS not how it went down"

over a year ago

sounds a bit different from your OP.........I'll leave it at that."

That's what happens when the responses don't suit!

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

I don't believe you're real ... please prove !

Even the more detailed version doesn't paint OP in a great light. To ask for a face pic before you send a lips pic sounds like you've had some kind of negative reaction. She's taken a bit of a subtle approach to testing you out and you've taken a subtle approach to taking offence ! Either which way, you guys are bad chemistry. Move on cowboy.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

I don't see any harm is asking people to prove they are who they say they are, but if someone refused it would just make me think they don't like the idea rather than automatically thinking they were fake.

over a year ago

I've been on here almost 7 years and my way of doing things, when I'm accepting messages I'll respond to the one s I like or I'll message guys I like. I'll look at all the pictures they have public, I'll ask if they have one already on here of their face or willy (whatever one I haven't seen) I'll also send face or fanny picture that's already on here and if I want more we'll exchange kik details.

You can send instant live pictures on there and the pictures I ask for and they ask if me are more like polite requests that are sent and then complimented on.

I wouldn't say to a guy, right then, write my name on a piece of paper and send it to me or I will stop talking to you, I think it sounds quite rude. I could ask guys to do it and they probably would because I'm female but I wouldn't make demands like that.

over a year ago

Not necessarily a fake. I certainly would not have responded to a request to prove I was not fake. Ive had that sort of message before on my old profile, which had over 100 veris. I jump thro hoops for no one and they may have been the same.

over a year ago

If the aren't verified in any way, I prefer not to chat. I've never asked someone to prove their genuine.... perhaps because I don't chat to them

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Hmmm we see lots of people on the forum telling men ( mainly ) to not fall for any fakes on here by making sure they do checks before meeting or even arranging a meet.There has also been people asking why men ( mainly ) waste time talking to people if they think they are not who they say they are, yet now the comments are more he is asking way too much of a women on the website.

He can't win

To the OP, if your gut says it doesn't sound right, walk away to the next one

By *wo4FemCouple
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Definately a fake.

There was nothing wrong in asking for them to verify themselves as genuine by sending you a face pic holding a piece of paper with yours and their name on it.

I totally agree .. I would do the same and I would understand if somebody asked that of me ..

Also it wasn't like we had swapped just one message each they had sentered a naked pic and was asking me about the last time I had sex etc it was getting a bit watt so to speak so before I went forward I just wanted reassurance that was all "

Of course the other way you could go about gaining reassurance that they are who they say they is to ask them to go on chat in the cam rooms and put their web cam on. Just a thought.

over a year ago

North east lincs

"Hmmm we see lots of people on the forum telling men ( mainly ) to not fall for any fakes on here by making sure they do checks before meeting or even arranging a meet.There has also been people asking why men ( mainly ) waste time talking to people if they think they are not who they say they are, yet now the comments are more he is asking way too much of a women on the website.

He can't win

To the OP, if your gut says it doesn't sound right, walk away to the next one"

Well I'm glad someone's not lynched me I feel like I've just been attacked ..

over a year ago

evesham

"Hmmm we see lots of people on the forum telling men ( mainly ) to not fall for any fakes on here by making sure they do checks before meeting or even arranging a meet.There has also been people asking why men ( mainly ) waste time talking to people if they think they are not who they say they are, yet now the comments are more he is asking way too much of a women on the website.

He can't win

"

Really?!

By *ilent.KnightMan
over a year ago

Swindon

He can't win

"

Wow. I'm hoping you're prone to hyperbole (in which case the OP may need to be taken with a pinch of salt. If not, and you've taken this genuinely to heart, then apols.

over a year ago

North east lincs

Everyone has seen the show CATFISH right ???

over a year ago

"Everyone has seen the show CATFISH right ???"

Yes and I see absolutely nothing about you that makes me think you're fake, does that make you feel nice?

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Everyone has seen the show CATFISH right ???"

Hope this isn't you telling us in a round about way to watch catfish!!! You are so demanding, issuing instructions left, right and centre.

Lol.

over a year ago

"That should be understandable to anybody with the slightest experience of sites like this. So yes, fake as a three pound note."

£3 notes sre fake?.. Bastard!

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

He can't win

"

I wouldn't say you have been attacked, but I would say if you had posted " I arranged a meet and with a woman with no pics and who wouldn't show me any indication that she was female and she didn't turn up at the meeting point" you would have been told it was all your fault and you selection process is shit as you didn't ask the woman to prove who she was.

Funny old place on here sometimes

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

your*

By *ilverhaloMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

I live to be verified

over a year ago

North east lincs

"Everyone has seen the show CATFISH right ???

Hope this isn't you telling us in a round about way to watch catfish!!! You are so demanding, issuing instructions left, right and centre.

Lol. "

Hahha I'm glad to see some sense of humour back in the room ??

over a year ago

North east lincs

"Everyone has seen the show CATFISH right ???

Yes and I see absolutely nothing about you that makes me think you're fake, does that make you feel nice?"

What do you mean ??

over a year ago

I don't think in and of itself asking for some sort of confirmation is rude, as PP said from the flip side if you'd been complaining about being stood up people would be asking what you did to verify they were who they said.

That said it depends on how and when you ask, and I personally wouldn't be impressed if it was presented as a specific demand for x pic with y content. If it was presented as "We're both unverified, could we cam/chat on the phone/send a particular pic to each other so we both have a little peace of mind" I'd be more receptive.

I think freaking out about a request like yours is a bit of overkill though and moving swiftly on would be your best bet.

over a year ago

North east lincs

"I don't think in and of itself asking for some sort of confirmation is rude, as PP said from the flip side if you'd been complaining about being stood up people would be asking what you did to verify they were who they said.

That said it depends on how and when you ask, and I personally wouldn't be impressed if it was presented as a specific demand for x pic with y content. If it was presented as "We're both unverified, could we cam/chat on the phone/send a particular pic to each other so we both have a little peace of mind" I'd be more receptive.

I think freaking out about a request like yours is a bit of overkill though and moving swiftly on would be your best bet. "

I think that's the best way to put it ... I have learned from this and the approach if unsure in the future will be handled differently. . As you said above is worded alot better than how I worded it .. shame coz she was gorgeous too haha

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"I don't think in and of itself asking for some sort of confirmation is rude, as PP said from the flip side if you'd been complaining about being stood up people would be asking what you did to verify they were who they said.

I think freaking out about a request like yours is a bit of overkill though and moving swiftly on would be your best bet.

I think that's the best way to put it ... I have learned from this and the approach if unsure in the future will be handled differently. . As you said above is worded alot better than how I worded it .. shame coz she was gorgeous too haha "

Plenty of fish in the sea OP! LOL actually not really on here, 15 men to 1 women! Odds against you then, plus with your demanding streak you may struggle more.

You have given us something interesting to comment on on a boring Saturday so I thank you for that OP.

over a year ago

How's my odds with you Bhubaysi?

over a year ago

North east lincs

All very welcome ha ..

Post new Message to Thread