Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Faith restored in human nature...

Jump to newest

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

So we had to take our young grandson to Leyton orient training ground for a football match yesterday and managed to get lost in rush hour traffic! Stopped to ask a guy working in his garage, for directions,he said 'cant help you'. Asked a council worker, 'dont speak English'. Found a meter man, talking to a young lad in his car, the lad asked what time grandson should be there, I said 5 minutes ago! He said, follow me, I will take you. Bless him, he took us through the traffic,straight to the door!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Nice one

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Nice man!

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Nice one"

Great isn't it, couldn't believe people were so unfriendly, we were quite close, found it hard to understand the others didn't know where it was!

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Nice man!"

Very nice, don't think we would have found it on our own! People will complain about young people, but he went out of his way to help us.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Nice one

Great isn't it, couldn't believe people were so unfriendly, we were quite close, found it hard to understand the others didn't know where it was! "

Some people are too wrapped up in their own little bubble to take a few seconds or minutes to help someone else.

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Nice one

Great isn't it, couldn't believe people were so unfriendly, we were quite close, found it hard to understand the others didn't know where it was!

Some people are too wrapped up in their own little bubble to take a few seconds or minutes to help someone else."

That's so true and a shame, the other guys were very unfriendly too.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"Nice one

Great isn't it, couldn't believe people were so unfriendly, we were quite close, found it hard to understand the others didn't know where it was! "

It's not that they don't know a lot of the time they don't want to.

Years ago pre sat nav I regularly drove to London for work, everywhere else in the country you could stop your car and 8 or 9 out of ten people would stop and point you in the right direction.

In London it was half of that if you were lucky with a combination of them turning deaf and walking past, to busy, just rude, I don't know etc

Pleased there are some good people still out there as you never know it might be there wife, mum list one day

over a year ago

Get a lot of people getting lost and come into my works for directions.

If I don't know where it is I ask the other staff if they don't know I will look it up on my phone and get some directions for them

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Nice one

It's not that they don't know a lot of the time they don't want to.

Years ago pre sat nav I regularly drove to London for work, everywhere else in the country you could stop your car and 8 or 9 out of ten people would stop and point you in the right direction.

In London it was half of that if you were lucky with a combination of them turning deaf and walking past, to busy, just rude, I don't know etc

Pleased there are some good people still out there as you never know it might be there wife, mum list one day"

Last minute journey for us,had directions from AA, which were correct, but missed turning, in the heavy traffic! Now going to buy a sat nav!

over a year ago

Use the maps on your phone. Much better as they have up to date traffic etc.

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Get a lot of people getting lost and come into my works for directions.

If I don't know where it is I ask the other staff if they don't know I will look it up on my phone and get some directions for them"

That's a very kind thing to do and something I would do, hate to see people in a muddle and would always help, where I could.

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Use the maps on your phone. Much better as they have up to date traffic etc. "

Benefit of hindsight, you can tell I'm not very techy!

over a year ago

Me too but maps on my phone are very good same as a sat nav just have to listen and look what it's telling you to do then put it into practice on the road lol

over a year ago

Great profile pics btw

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Me too but maps on my phone are very good same as a sat nav just have to listen and look what it's telling you to do then put it into practice on the road lol"

Yes, it's on the shopping list this week!

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Great profile pics btw"

Ah, thank you.

over a year ago

hope you verified him

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"hope you verified him "

over a year ago

"Great profile pics btw

Ah, thank you. "

Your welcome

By *izzy RascallMan
over a year ago

Cardiff

"So we had to take our young grandson to Leyton orient training ground for a football match yesterday and managed to get lost in rush hour traffic! Stopped to ask a guy working in his garage, for directions,he said 'cant help you'. Asked a council worker, 'dont speak English'. Found a meter man, talking to a young lad in his car, the lad asked what time grandson should be there, I said 5 minutes ago! He said, follow me, I will take you. Bless him, he took us through the traffic,straight to the door!"

He might be a midget but he's one of the more friendly ones.

He obviously wasn't an imp.

over a year ago

I've lived in my road almost all of my life, but when someone asks me if I know how to get to such and such street I draw a blank, most of the time. Unless it's a street off of mine my brain has nothing. Or, I'll have an idea where the street is but not which streets to go down to get there.

So, I google map it on my phone

over a year ago

"I've lived in my road almost all of my life, but when someone asks me if I know how to get to such and such street I draw a blank, most of the time. Unless it's a street off of mine my brain has nothing. Or, I'll have an idea where the street is but not which streets to go down to get there.

"

I'm the same

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"So we had to take our young grandson to Leyton orient training ground for a football match yesterday and managed to get lost in rush hour traffic! Stopped to ask a guy working in his garage, for directions,he said 'cant help you'. Asked a council worker, 'dont speak English'. Found a meter man, talking to a young lad in his car, the lad asked what time grandson should be there, I said 5 minutes ago! He said, follow me, I will take you. Bless him, he took us through the traffic,straight to the door!

He might be a midget but he's one of the more friendly ones.

He obviously wasn't an imp."

Hehe love it! Just overwhelmed, he actually took the time to guide us there, bless him!

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I've lived in my road almost all of my life, but when someone asks me if I know how to get to such and such street I draw a blank, most of the time. Unless it's a street off of mine my brain has nothing. Or, I'll have an idea where the street is but not which streets to go down to get there.

"

That's understandable but this was a big football stadium, in their district, obviously not football fans, maybe they were West Ham supporters

over a year ago

That's understandable but this was a big football stadium, in their district, obviously not football fans, maybe they were West Ham supporters "

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

That's understandable but this was a big football stadium, in their district, obviously not football fans, maybe they were West Ham supporters

"

Strangely enough, we drove right by West Ham stadium!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Pay it forward, always help others and listen.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

So uplifting when you find those helpful kind people

Miss

over a year ago

Had the same once when I was in Paris.. not a scooby where an industrial estate was and couldn't read French! Lucky for me I asked a French policeman where I'm bad to go (showed him my work doc) and he said to follow him.... right to the door!

There are good and bad in most people, it all depends in how something is asked

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"So uplifting when you find those helpful kind people

Miss"

It actually is heartwarming

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Had the same once when I was in Paris.. not a scooby where an industrial estate was and couldn't read French! Lucky for me I asked a French policeman where I'm bad to go (showed him my work doc) and he said to follow him.... right to the door!

There are good and bad in most people, it all depends in how something is asked "

over a year ago

"Nice one

Some people are too wrapped up in their own little bubble to take a few seconds or minutes to help someone else."

I know it's ludicris they dont take a few seconds to learn a new language to give directions to the 5 people on the planet without Google maps...

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Nice one

Some people are too wrapped up in their own little bubble to take a few seconds or minutes to help someone else.

I know it's ludicris they dont take a few seconds to learn a new language to give directions to the 5 people on the planet without Google maps..."

I found it ludicrous that he was employed by the local council, without speaking English

By *amiss OP   Couple
over a year ago

chelmsford

This thread was meant to show our appreciation of the young man, rather than to highlight the ignorance of others.

Post new Message to Thread