Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Someones bored

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

Well if a 12 year old can get an 11 year old preggers....

But personally i like a bit of hair on the face and chest.....that means they have to be at least 15.

By *resh freddieMan
over a year ago

Penistone

"would you???"

FFS Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Definately not, would mean that some guys would take advantage of the lowering of the age.

By *he Happy ManMan
over a year ago

Merseyside

"would you???"

No it would just encorouage peadophiles.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"would you???

No it would just encorouage peadophiles. "

How so?

It would be legal, as long as they stayed in the legal age of course

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

How low do you take it, when does it stop

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"How low do you take it, when does it stop"

ive no idea, i think it is fine as it is...i was just throwing out the question

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No way, it's probably too low already

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

there is evidence that in other european countries with a lower age of consent than ours, their teen pregancy and teen birth rates are much lower than ours. The average range is between 14-17 yrs for most of europe ..and there are often additions to the law to cover the younger end of the range ( where its 14/15 ) that include age differential between partners and ability to understand the act.

have worked with a number of young lads in this country who have ended up with a sexually offending conviction due to the girl not being quite 16

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"No way, it's probably too low already"

too low????

My teenage sister was taking pregnancy test kits home at 12.

As do most of her school mates.

I think they actually need more education- i would rather she was carrying around condoms than pregnancy kits.

My view - sorry if offends anyone - i can see people are tetchy tonight!

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

I think its about right at 16, but a lot depends on the maturity of the people involved. Someone also mentioned about the age range of the people involved, and again I agree. A guy of 40 having sex with a 16 yr old just doesnt seem right, (my opinion anyway) so I guess that should have a bearing too.

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

I think its about right at 16, but a lot depends on the maturity of the people involved. Someone also mentioned about the age range of the people involved, and again I agree. A guy of 40 having sex with a 16 yr old just doesnt seem right, (my opinion anyway) so I guess that should have a bearing too.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I find this a hard question to answer. Different people mature at different ages. I matured very quickly, my son is slow at maturing. Most wouldnt bat an eyelid at a 15 year old girl going out with a 18 year old lad but would be horrified if a 15 year old girl was going out with a 40 year old guy. The age of consent is there to protect the young of being taken advantage of and the law says you are able to make sexual decisions of your own when you are 16.

I think i would prefer the age of consent to stay at 16 although individual cases should be looked into if someone is going to be prosecuted.

Instead of lowering the age of consent i think they should teach children from a very young age to have respect for themselves and to have there own mind.

I taught my son about relationships, respect and knowing when the time "was right". Hes 18 and has the utmost respect for girls, now whether that is through my teaching or an individual choice i dont know but it seems to have worked.

By *habsMan
over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Personally, I think 16 is too low already as it is! I knew I certainly wasn't ready when I was 16 (and I had my head screwed on back then!) and certainly very few today do.

It broke my heart when it was lowered from 18 to 16 and one minister's justification was "It would be wrong to criminalise kids, afterall, 17 year olds are already doing it!"

If I had the chance, I'd ask him today "Seeing as 11 and 12 yr olds are doing t, does your argument still stand and would you hence reduce it to say 10, so as not to criminalise kids?"

Its wrong wrong wrong!

Post new Message to Thread