By *URACELLBUNNY67 OP   Man
over a year ago

padgate, warrington

"Google has all the answers. "
tar

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Don't use Halfords ffs, they're shite, find an independent.

over a year ago

"Don't use Halfords ffs, they're shite, find an independent. "

Halfords are the devil when it comes to mountain bikes, how they still sucker people in to buy there bikes blows my mind

over a year ago

"Don't use Halfords ffs, they're shite, find an independent.

Halfords are the devil when it comes to mountain bikes, how they still sucker people in to buy there bikes blows my mind"

Usually cause it's people who are buying bikes for the first time and don't really know, Halfords market themselves very well on it, just a shame the brain dead fuckwits that work there don't know how to properly set a bike up.

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Is this some kind of new fetish genre that I am completely out of the loop on

over a year ago

Halfords are the devil when it comes to mountain bikes, how they still sucker people in to buy there bikes blows my mind

Usually cause it's people who are buying bikes for the first time and don't really know, Halfords market themselves very well on it, just a shame the brain dead fuckwits that work there don't know how to properly set a bike up."

I actually bought my first bike there, as I was navigating some steep hills the handles bars come loose and I went head over tit. And I've never heard a good thing about them since

over a year ago

Use the internet for tutorials. I've not used a bike mechanic since I had my road bike. Saved a packet.

over a year ago

Usually cause it's people who are buying bikes for the first time and don't really know, Halfords market themselves very well on it, just a shame the brain dead fuckwits that work there don't know how to properly set a bike up.

I actually bought my first bike there, as I was navigating some steep hills the handles bars come loose and I went head over tit. And I've never heard a good thing about them since"

They never tighten anything up, it's like they use their hands instead of actual spanners

over a year ago

You don't need a cycle shop ffs do it your self there's hardly anything to them and you'll save on £££££

By *ovice_subTV/TS
over a year ago

Warrington

Use either D&M cycles in Sankey or there is a guy who is in the chapel house pub who does it as part of their cycling club

By *AM2214Man
over a year ago

Manchester Area

Use GCN Network or Cyclemech via you thingy ..one thing a few halfords dont do is torqu bokts ...as .any are only 6Nm ...more critical to have the correct torque at low levels..if you are after a bike at decent monet pop into a decathlon ..if you want LBS Local Bike Shop there are a few in warrington ..but never open early enough for when i am blowing through my arse ..whats the problem might be able to help

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

I'm a bike mechanic nr Cambridge

.... Love the You tube / GCN stuff.... Brings me tons of work when they f*ck it up and make the problem worse ...lol....

over a year ago

Halfords are the devil when it comes to mountain bikes, how they still sucker people in to buy there bikes blows my mind"

It was great to see their TV ad last Christmas. The forks were on back to front...

By *relanddirectMan
over a year ago

cheshire

Thatto Cycles in St Helens best in the west by a long way

over a year ago

To be honest I've actually got little faith in the average cycle mechanic based on my experiences in the bike shops of Bristol.. And that's includes some of the better ones too not just the likes of halfords etc.

At first I felt a little intimidated about tinkering with derailleurs etc when I had only just started riding bikes again about 5 years ago and would use different shops until job by job I worked out I could definitely do it better myself with just a little research.

I tend to use artscyclery or Sheldon brown etc on the web when I haven't been quite sure.

If it doesn't quite work out.. Just start again

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

Usually cause it's people who are buying bikes for the first time and don't really know, Halfords market themselves very well on it, just a shame the brain dead fuckwits that work there don't know how to properly set a bike up."

over a year ago

"I'm a bike mechanic nr Cambridge

.... Love the You tube / GCN stuff.... Brings me tons of work when they f*ck it up and make the problem worse ...lol.... "

Can't beat the GCN videos, helped me sort a few bits

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

The bike mechanic in my local Halfords has a great rep and often doesn't charge. My local independent is crap

By *ranfondoMan
over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

.... Love the You tube / GCN stuff.... Brings me tons of work when they f*ck it up and make the problem worse ...lol....

Can't beat the GCN videos, helped me sort a few bits "

They are fine if you have a bit of a clue ....but I find most cycle owners Don't and they end up coming to me..... After one visit to me I end up being the default service for anything bike related for them... I guess it's all down to customer service ....

By *ugga81Man
over a year ago

West Malling

Although I do a fair bit myself, I do like to support my local independent. I like the idea of using the local economy and if you're a regular biker its never a bad idea to Foster a relationship with someone who you'll inevitably rely on at some point.....

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Can't beat the GCN videos, helped me sort a few bits

They are fine if you have a bit of a clue ....but I find most cycle owners Don't and they end up coming to me..... After one visit to me I end up being the default service for anything bike related for them... I guess it's all down to customer service ...."

I spend at least 10hrs a week, rerighting home bodge jobs, or stuff that Halfords cocked up.

Post new Message to Thread