Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Vikings TV show

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

After watching the first 3 seasons and being in the middle of 4th I find myself really confused as to why do I like the show but dislike all of the characters.

Anyone else who watches it feels the same?

Or if you feel different about the characters why?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

if you enjoy that look up the last kingdom trailers are on youtube

over a year ago

I watched a couple of seasons then lost interest. It could be their barbaric nature that puts you off the characters.

over a year ago

"I watched a couple of seasons then lost interest. It could be their barbaric nature that puts you off the characters. "

It could be, I thought that I will like Bjorn but even he failed me after he left his daughter and wife.

They all turn out to be a dickhead in one way or the other.

over a year ago

"I watched a couple of seasons then lost interest. It could be their barbaric nature that puts you off the characters.

It could be, I thought that I will like Bjorn but even he failed me after he left his daughter and wife.

They all turn out to be a dickhead in one way or the other."

Totally agree!!!

over a year ago

"I watched a couple of seasons then lost interest. It could be their barbaric nature that puts you off the characters.

Totally agree!!! "

To me it became a game of who I hate the least!

Queen Asslug or whatever her name is, is welcome to die anytime!

By *astofthevikingsMan
over a year ago

N

I was an extra in the last season!! Never seen so many bearded men in one place!!

over a year ago

Totally agree!!!

To me it became a game of who I hate the least!

Queen Asslug or whatever her name is, is welcome to die anytime!"

Aslaug, yeah -- ugh.

I watched for Ragnar and/or Lagertha sex appeal, depending on which way I was feeling inclined at any given time.

over a year ago

How can you not like Ragnar or Lagatha?

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

I watched it for Ragnar and his devious blue eyes and Lagathar is an excellent character

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

[Removed by poster at 24/06/17 15:07:34]

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

"I was an extra in the last season!! Never seen so many bearded men in one place!!

One guy at work, his brother was an extra.

Another guy at work, his in-laws live next to one of the filming locations.

He said it's not unusual to see a load of vikings in their back garden as the tv company use their jetty to mooor the long-boat..."

edited...

over a year ago

"How can you not like Ragnar or Lagatha?"

He's a junkie.

Lagatha in my opinion doesn't have the x-factor for me to like her. She needs to get her shit together because right now she's being easily led by others.

over a year ago

"How can you not like Ragnar or Lagatha?

He's a junkie.

Lagatha in my opinion doesn't have the x-factor for me to like her. She needs to get her shit together because right now she's being easily led by others."

He does weaken as a person but that doesn't alter who he is or what he's achieved.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

He's a junkie.

Lagatha in my opinion doesn't have the x-factor for me to like her. She needs to get her shit together because right now she's being easily led by others."

Handing watched them all I can tell you that Lagatha is her own woman

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

He's a junkie.

Lagatha in my opinion doesn't have the x-factor for me to like her. She needs to get her shit together because right now she's being easily led by others.

Handing watched them all I can tell you that Lagatha is her own woman "

Having

over a year ago

I'm not sure if I can watch the new series without ... (no spoilers), so it's finished for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it though.

over a year ago

He's a junkie.

He does weaken as a person but that doesn't alter who he is or what he's achieved."

You can't ride on your past glory to the grave. He had a loving wife and child and left her, then he had another stunning wife and he cheated on her and pretty much left her.

Doesn't care about his friends and seems to be obsessed with foreigners.

Now he's a junkie on top of that.

over a year ago

He's a junkie.

In my opinion she still lives in the shadow of Ragnar.

over a year ago

He's a junkie.

He does weaken as a person but that doesn't alter who he is or what he's achieved.

You can't ride on your past glory to the grave. He had a loving wife and child and left her, then he had another stunning wife and he cheated on her and pretty much left her.

Now he's a junkie on top of that."

I think judging history by modern standards is the issue here.

over a year ago

"I'm not sure if I can watch the new series without ... (no spoilers), so it's finished for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it though."

That's why I stopped.

over a year ago

Just about to start season 4 and loving it. Ragnar does my head in, Lagertha is fit as fuck , floki is as mad as a box of frogs and don't get me even started on the 'english'.

over a year ago

He's a junkie.

I think judging history by modern standards is the issue here. "

Perhaps you are right.

over a year ago

"I'm not sure if I can watch the new series without ... (no spoilers), so it's finished for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it though.

That's why I stopped. "

You two should never watch GoT then

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I've only seen odd minutes of it but thought Ragnar attractive, though not due to his character - and showings are out of step when I'm in the USA to here.

over a year ago

"I'm not sure if I can watch the new series without ... (no spoilers), so it's finished for me. I thoroughly enjoyed it though.

That's why I stopped.

You two should never watch GoT then "

Bit late for that. But there isn't one main character in GoT.

over a year ago

That's why I stopped.

Bit late for that. But there isn't one main character in GoT. "

What he said

over a year ago

We have to remember it's set in times when people weren't particularly civilised and had to fight to survive. They made use of what they found and fought for and didn't really like sharing.

over a year ago

That's why I stopped.

What he said "

Utter bollocks! We all know Hodor was the main character!

He's had some killer one liners in the show!

By *ayingthepipeMan
over a year ago

N wales

I watched them all and loved it except the last few episodes ?? If you haven't seen them all I won't spoil it for you

over a year ago

That's why I stopped.

What he said

Utter bollocks! We all know Hodor was the main character!

He's had some killer one liners in the show!"

over a year ago

"

He's had some killer one liners in the show!"

Bravo.

By *mojeeCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Season 3 was a bit meh tbh but loved season 4 and can't wait for 5. Ragnar is torn by what he was taught to believe and what he wants to find out for himself and struggles with the thoughts of a god or God's who rule everything the Vikings are supposed to do.

Ivar is a complete mentalist also lol

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

He's a junkie.

Now he's a junkie on top of that."

I'm not sure we saw the same programme because what I saw was a farmer who became and earl and then a king, a man who wanted rich pasture for farming and to carry on his heritage this side of the channel, he wasn't obsessed with the English he was obsessed with the land.

over a year ago

He's a junkie.

I'm not sure we saw the same programme because what I saw was a farmer who became and earl and then a king, a man who wanted rich pasture for farming and to carry on his heritage this side of the channel, he wasn't obsessed with the English he was obsessed with the land. "

He was obsessed with fame, and that's what took him to Paris instead of back to England where he should have gone.

By *ieman300Man
over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

They all turn out to be a dickhead in one way or the other."

Exactly. They all have bad things within their character traits. Great series though.

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

He's a junkie.

I'm not sure we saw the same programme because what I saw was a farmer who became and earl and then a king, a man who wanted rich pasture for farming and to carry on his heritage this side of the channel, he wasn't obsessed with the English he was obsessed with the land.

He was obsessed with fame, and that's what took him to Paris instead of back to England where he should have gone."

He always wanted to go and so he did

over a year ago

He's a junkie.

Yep I like Lagatha too

over a year ago

Oh I forgot to add, they're some right swingers

Post new Message to Thread