Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Glastonbury and politics!?

Jump to newest

By *awklord69 OP   Man
over a year ago

Bridgnorth

Just watching Radiohead live at Glastonbury and can imagine Jeremy Corbin in the audience or even onstage, whereas Theresa may would be talking to the Somerset police trying to shut it down! Maggie Thatcher stopped the Stonehenge free festival in 1985 by brutal force but the battle of the bean field will never be forgotten or forgiven and the action of the blues are unforgiveable! Long live freedom and rock n Glastonbury roll! We are all one and live under the same sun, so why can't we live as one? Namaste x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Never heard of the Battle of tge Beanfield.

RadioHead were so awful I wish the police had closed it down!

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Not heard of it either.

Some types just aren't the loving, free-spirited souls that the rest of us are. Judgmental, critical, cruel and harsh types lean a certain way with their bitterness devouring their beauty

over a year ago

Seen Tony benn talk at glasto before

By *im himCouple (MM)
over a year ago

bedworth

"Just watching Radiohead live at Glastonbury and can imagine Jeremy Corbin in the audience or even onstage, whereas Theresa may would be talking to the Somerset police trying to shut it down! Maggie Thatcher stopped the Stonehenge free festival in 1985 by brutal force but the battle of the bean field will never be forgotten or forgiven and the action of the blues are

unforgiveable! Long live freedom and rock n Glastonbury roll! We are all one and live under the same sun, so why can't we live as one? Namaste x"

Was there in 1985 , we ended up in westbury surrounded by police . Hawkwind still managed to play there .

Here's here ! Unforgivable! And definitely never forgotten

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

The crowds chanting Corbyn's name keeps appearing on TwitTwat.

Big events get mildly political at times like these.

By *icolerobbieCouple
over a year ago

walsall

Radiohead were fantastic......

over a year ago

Glastonbury had always been political (and left-wing), it was a CND festival for years. It's never likely to turn into an annual Young Tory event, unless the Eavis's bail out completely, and then it's still unlikely!

If you've never heard of The Battle of the Beanfield just do some reading, or listen to The Levellers!

By *hips n FursMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

The Battle of the Beanfield and Glastonbury in the same breath. Just doesn't seem right,

over a year ago

There is plenty other things to occupy your time if you don't want to listen to someone old crony wittering on about their party political ideology ...

I'd take the oppertunity to queue for a shit .....

over a year ago

"There is plenty other things to occupy your time if you don't want to listen to someone old crony wittering on about their party political ideology ...

"

I was just half way through and thought what's he wittering on about now

By *hips n FursMan
over a year ago

Huddersfield

"There is plenty other things to occupy your time if you don't want to listen to someone old crony wittering on about their party political ideology ...

"

over a year ago

I was just half way through and thought what's he wittering on about now "

May I take this oppertunity to wish you a very happy bowel movement

By *mojeeCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

Radiohead were just awful. Cannot think a more depressing band ever. Surely there are much bigger better and more relevant bands available to headline the Friday slot. Think I'd have preferred blobby Williams and I don't even like him. As for having corbyn there today the hippies and moon crystal brigade will like that but again it's not for me.

over a year ago

I'm not sure about politics at Glasto but politics on Fab usually does my head in!

Things guaranteed to cause division on here: Religion. Politics. Is squirting just wee?

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Whatever the intention behind Glastonbury, it wouldn't keep going without enormous injections of cash from big business. As much as I'd like to go, I'm not interested in funding car companies and financial institutions. There are loads of smaller festivals that I would prefer to go to instead.

I still watch Glasto on the TV though. Radiohead were great, and anyone unaware of their political leanings should really know better.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I'm not sure about politics at Glasto but politics on Fab usually does my head in!

Things guaranteed to cause division on here: Religion. Politics. Is squirting just wee?"

If anyone asks to see something really stupid on here, just send them a link to the Politics forum.

over a year ago

"I'm not sure about politics at Glasto but politics on Fab usually does my head in!

Things guaranteed to cause division on here: Religion. Politics. Is squirting just wee?

If anyone asks to see something really stupid on here, just send them a link to the Politics forum."

over a year ago

I was just half way through and thought what's he wittering on about now

May I take this oppertunity to wish you a very happy bowel movement "

Cheers... That feels better

over a year ago

Things guaranteed to cause division on here: Religion. Politics. Is squirting just wee?"

Theres nothing wrong with division, what's wrong is people who get arsey about that division, its like saying youve got to like everybody so there can be no division, no you can disagree and dislike as many people as you like you just have to tolerate them unless there intolerant then you shouldn't tolerate them

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

I'm amazed that people have never heard of the battle of the beanfield!

over a year ago

Sorry I don't get Radiohead, I know they are massive and have many fans but Thom Yorke sounds like he's taking too much Prozac and is trying to get a stubborn turd out his arse. Miserable wailing, not my idea of music!

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

All those will paid office types pretending to be working class lefties.......pull the other one.

By *mojeeCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I'm amazed that people have never heard of the battle of the beanfield!"

Should they have????

I'm amazed some people don't know some basic historical facts about our country but there you go.

over a year ago

Perhaps I just think along different lines to those who seem to feel that simply enjoying music collectively is something that should be used to extenuate the difference between political and social divides ....

But then again who an I too tell people what to think ...

over a year ago

Corbyn is a ****, as are most politicians.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I'm amazed that people have never heard of the battle of the beanfield!"

It was quite a long time ago and, lets face it, not exactly a historical turning point for the majority of the population.

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

sadly Jeremy Corbin is actually going there this year to invite a act onto stage.

but as leftys love him so they will be over the moon, as the young has been brain washed

over a year ago

Just because Theresa May looks a little uptight it doesn't mean she might not let her hair down behind closed doors.

I'm sure she ould love to be able to attend a festival, relax, enjoy the vibe, have a drink, put all the shit from the last few months on the back burner for a bit.

She's only human afterall.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

Maybe he should become PM just so he can see that life isn't all about marching and complaining for a living.

over a year ago

I thought Radiohead's set was brilliant

over a year ago

"Maybe he should become PM just so he can see that life isn't all about marching and complaining for a living. "

Yep, because that's all he does. Or even if you simplify his work down to that, because that's easy work and he gets lots of time to sit around being sarky on the loo....

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Maybe he should become PM just so he can see that life isn't all about marching and complaining for a living.

Yep, because that's all he does. Or even if you simplify his work down to that, because that's easy work and he gets lots of time to sit around being sarky on the loo.... "

A lucky man indeed.

over a year ago

"Maybe he should become PM just so he can see that life isn't all about marching and complaining for a living.

Yep, because that's all he does. Or even if you simplify his work down to that, because that's easy work and he gets lots of time to sit around being sarky on the loo....

A lucky man indeed. "

Hahaha

over a year ago

"Just because Theresa May looks a little uptight it doesn't mean she might not let her hair down behind closed doors.

I'm sure she ould love to be able to attend a festival, relax, enjoy the vibe, have a drink, put all the shit from the last few months on the back burner for a bit.

She's only human afterall."

She probably enjoys a bit of chamber music or something.

But since the naughtiest thing she could ever admit to was running through a field of wheat, then I doubt she's the type to get fucked on Molly and watch Run the Jewels.

Post new Message to Thread