Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

IBS

Jump to newest

By *hocolatefountain OP   Couple
over a year ago

Blackburn

Really hate having this suffered on and off for 5 years. Always flares up at the wrong times. For example today is the other half's birthday and I'm in agony

I know all the usual remedies and got my meds, but has anyone on here found anything different that makes a flare up go away fast?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

Blackburn

Anybody?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

they say certain food cause it to flare up. so maybe look at what you ate when it flares up and try not having them

over a year ago

Blackburn

Yeah I on with that but it's bloody difficult, stress is my main trigger. That's even more difficult to cut out.

over a year ago

I found drinking lots of water really helpful

over a year ago

i have a friend with that and relaxation therapy .. she has crystals goes into a room and just relaxes with them, maybe meditation?

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm horribly childish and immature and for that I apologise insofar as I read 'IBS' and '_hocolatefountain' and gave a little smirk.

My son has this condition and a gluten free diet helps.

By *randMrs Spanish BrunetteCouple
over a year ago

home sweet home

Op. You probably now about food and drinks that are trigger, also alcohol and coffe/tea and soft drinks. But stress is the worse. I hope you get better.

Maybe it's worthwhile to check leaky gut diet.

MrsSB

over a year ago

I thought I suffered from IBS for years. I ended up having a colonoscopy and being diagnosed with Diverticular Disease. Its made it easier to deal with now its diagnosed properly

over a year ago

Fitting username

Sorry couldn't resist

over a year ago

I've not found anything that helps. When I have an attack i usually take double buscopan and a co codamol. But then I don't know what my triggers besides stress are. X

By *ransGuyTV/TS
over a year ago

Cardiff

I found that it was wheat that was giving me problems. So I've stopped eating it and no longer get any issues

I miss pastry and bread that isn't dry and tasteless, but I just don't think it's worth the suffering.

over a year ago

Process of eliminating foods that cause higher intensity flare up. while eating what's considered healthy, exercising and reducing any stress. Food intolerance test may be useful.

L

over a year ago

Blackburn

"I'm horribly childish and immature and for that I apologise insofar as I read 'IBS' and '_hocolatefountain' and gave a little smirk.

My son has this condition and a gluten free diet helps. "

I didn't even see that one, brilliant made me smile.

Fountain says your disgusting though

over a year ago

Blackburn

Thanks for the replys guys much appreciated. Feeling much better now. Lopermide and buscapan to hand just in case. Not letting this ruin fountains birthday.

The post earlier was wishful thinking that some magic cure had been found that I hadn't tried

I find probiotics help. As does stick to low fodmap diet. But nothing stops stress flare ups.

By *atsi1990Woman
over a year ago

barnsley

I know how you feel ive been suffering for years now. The doctor has recently given me mebeverine it works alot better than buscopan i take it when i start to get stomach cramps and within 20mins or so the cramps have gone and i feel alot better. Ive also cut out all fizzy drinks now and chocolate but i havent had a flare up in a few weeks and im feeling alot better.

Hope you have a good time and that you feel better soon

over a year ago

I feel your pain with this I find anything greasy and starchy a no go and most take away style foods I'm good with dairy and bread if it's white anything wholemeal makes it worse

But stress is a definite factor and almost impossible to cut out

Good luck xxx

over a year ago

Porridge, caffeine and stress seem to be triggers for me. Well, since cutting them out I haven't suffered.

over a year ago

I have the pleasure of Crohn's disease which IBD but understand your situation regardless.

I know they're different, but there's similarities.

I've just started getting better after a 4 month long flare up

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Bread, tomatoes, fatty foods really set mine off.

Stress too

I'm doing yoga and having more whole foods seems to be helping.

Post new Message to Thread