Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When diffent is different anymore

Jump to newest

By *rontier Psychiatrist OP   Man
over a year ago

Coventry

What is wrong with restaurants these days. I used to take joy in finding the occasional restaurant trying to do something a bit different. But now it seems everywhere is trying to be different just for the sake of being different. They are all starting to look the same. It's almost become the norm for any new restaurant or coffee shops to have exposed brick walls, industrial chrome features, factory lighting etc. Has the law changed, can you not call a restaurant a restaurant these days? A canteen, a cook house, an eatery, a kitchen, food and mood, cafeteria anything but restaurant. Also a requirement to have as many member of staff looking like a lumberjacks as possible. Oh and the menu's are often still the same old things given fancy names and served differently. Not being funny but a deconstructed bugger is not some genius signature dish. It's still just a fucking beef burger that I have had to go to the effort of putting back together my self. And God forbid they ever actully serve your food on a actual real plate. A plank of wood, a slate roof tile, a jam jar, an old paint tin, a plant pot, a mock 19th century top hat, anything but a real fucking plate. Ffs I am just getting bored of it now.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I just want to eat

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Suppose it is rant day, wrong thread though!

Post new Message to Thread