Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

10 Things You Need To Know About The Future

Jump to newest

By *icketysplits OP   Woman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Horizon, BBC2 now, is looking at the future. I feel all Tomorrow's World.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Let me know how it is (in the future).

over a year ago

Mines in full bloom now

By *ordon88Man
over a year ago

town

Not much has changed but we live underwater

By *dam1971Man
over a year ago

Bedford

I just know that where we're going, we don't need roads

over a year ago

"Let me know how it is (in the future). "

They've just done the trip down memory lane of what we thought the future would hold. Now it's the extended/extending life expectancy with the lovely Kevin Fong.

over a year ago

"Let me know how it is (in the future).

They've just done the trip down memory lane of what we thought the future would hold. Now it's the extended/extending life expectancy with the lovely Kevin Fong."

So Fong and yet so right.

over a year ago

I saw it next week

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

is it live and not a repeat? maybe i can watch this on youtube if it isn't.

over a year ago

"Let me know how it is (in the future).

They've just done the trip down memory lane of what we thought the future would hold. Now it's the extended/extending life expectancy with the lovely Kevin Fong.

So Fong and yet so right. "

I do wonder if I can elect to have future operations at UCL so he can be my anaesthetist.

over a year ago

"is it live and not a repeat? maybe i can watch this on youtube if it isn't."

It's on now and this is the first airing so it will on the iPlayer in half an hour.

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

"is it live and not a repeat? maybe i can watch this on youtube if it isn't.

It's on now and this is the first airing so it will on the iPlayer in half an hour.

"

i can only watch bbc on youtube. might go have a read about it instead.

wanna know why they think life expectancy will go up though, i'm seeing evidence to the contrary. guessing they're basing it off medical advances and nothing else but there's only so much the medical can do.

over a year ago

wanna know why they think life expectancy will go up though, i'm seeing evidence to the contrary. guessing they're basing it off medical advances and nothing else but there's only so much the medical can do."

You'll be more interested in the brain mapping they are doing. MRIs on foetal brains. Looking at autism and ADHD and what they tell us about our brains.

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

wanna know why they think life expectancy will go up though, i'm seeing evidence to the contrary. guessing they're basing it off medical advances and nothing else but there's only so much the medical can do.

You'll be more interested in the brain mapping they are doing. MRIs on foetal brains. Looking at autism and ADHD and what they tell us about our brains.

"

just found the description on the BBC website. thanks.

yes i'd definitely be interested in the foetal monitoring, i've not got a wide knowledge on foetal mental health, just the basics and a little more.

the cyborgs! i'm interested in that but do follow the 2045 project and guessing that's what they're on about? maybe prosthetics also? oooh, wanna watch it now.

all of what is mentioned seems interesting, including fuels.

over a year ago

The irony of 'Tony Blair eliminating human suffering'!

over a year ago

"The irony of 'Tony Blair eliminating human suffering'! "

They're not covering that.

It's cancer at the moment and bespoke gene editing.

By *ordon88Man
over a year ago

town

"The irony of 'Tony Blair eliminating human suffering'! "

Genocide

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

the future is what you lovingly create now...simples

over a year ago

Robots taking our jobs.

over a year ago

That lady doctor was smoking hot!

over a year ago

"That lady doctor was smoking hot!"

She's on a lot of programmes now.

over a year ago

"Horizon, BBC2 now, is looking at the future. I feel all Tomorrow's World. "

I'll watch it on BBC2+1.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

It's been very interesting so far. Love a good Horizon but some of the quantum ones make my head hurt

over a year ago

Looks like it's gonna be rather warm in 40 years . And God them rats was ugly

over a year ago

Missed beginning but what I've seen so far was thought about decades ago and has been on other predictive programmes, saw the kite alternative energy thing on a James May programme about alternative energy, probably ten years ago.

Fantastic idea but if they just regurgitate previous ideas then people will turn off and not believe..... now its flying cars, never in a million years will governments allow these.

over a year ago

They've got the theme tune!

over a year ago

"Looks like it's gonna be rather warm in 40 years . And God them rats was ugly "

Naked Mole Rats are odd. I saw another programme looking at their behaviour.

over a year ago

"Looks like it's gonna be rather warm in 40 years . And God them rats was ugly

Naked Mole Rats are odd. I saw another programme looking at their behaviour.

"

yeah they was weird looking things.

over a year ago

"Missed beginning but what I've seen so far was thought about decades ago and has been on other predictive programmes, saw the kite alternative energy thing on a James May programme about alternative energy, probably ten years ago.

Fantastic idea but if they just regurgitate previous ideas then people will turn off and not believe..... now its flying cars, never in a million years will governments allow these."

Driverless cars are being tested on roads in the UK now. I can't see flying cars taking off but I never thought I'd see drones.

over a year ago

"Missed beginning but what I've seen so far was thought about decades ago and has been on other predictive programmes, saw the kite alternative energy thing on a James May programme about alternative energy, probably ten years ago.

Fantastic idea but if they just regurgitate previous ideas then people will turn off and not believe..... now its flying cars, never in a million years will governments allow these.

Driverless cars are being tested on roads in the UK now. I can't see flying cars taking off but I never thought I'd see drones.

"

lol can't see flying cars taking off . I saw yer joke

over a year ago

"Looks like it's gonna be rather warm in 40 years "

Superb. I'll spend my retirement on the beach. Gotta love global warming!

over a year ago

"Looks like it's gonna be rather warm in 40 years

Superb. I'll spend my retirement on the beach. Gotta love global warming! "

Thankfully, I'll be dead... along with quite a few things that can't adapt.

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

"Looks like it's gonna be rather warm in 40 years . And God them rats was ugly "

arg, and there was rats as well.

def gonna watch this when it comes out on youtube.

over a year ago

def gonna watch this when it comes out on youtube."

yeah watch it . Naked rats . Who knew

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

def gonna watch this when it comes out on youtube.

yeah watch it . Naked rats . Who knew "

i knew, just didn't know they were on this programme.

got excited and found a link to it on youtube already but it's one of those 'go to another site and watch it' links.

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

i knew if you're talking about mole rats, dunno what naked rats are unless you mean hairless? why is this show not anywhere except iplayer.

over a year ago

"i knew if you're talking about mole rats, dunno what naked rats are unless you mean hairless? why is this show not anywhere except iplayer. "

It was naked mole rats.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Let me know how it is (in the future). "

Some good, some bad.

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

"i knew if you're talking about mole rats, dunno what naked rats are unless you mean hairless? why is this show not anywhere except iplayer.

It was naked mole rats. "

thanks. i'm not as excited about those but still interested as they're interesting animals with being a little different.

over a year ago

I saw it too and it was good, one thing they didnt mention was the fate of the humans, which is over population, it is estimated that we have about 50 years left as earths population will be over 9 billion people.

over a year ago

"i knew if you're talking about mole rats, dunno what naked rats are unless you mean hairless? why is this show not anywhere except iplayer.

It was naked mole rats.

thanks. i'm not as excited about those but still interested as they're interesting animals with being a little different."

They live for a really long time.

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

It was naked mole rats.

thanks. i'm not as excited about those but still interested as they're interesting animals with being a little different.

"

which leads to the longevity of life thing i was interested in earlier?

i'm trying to lose interest so i don't watch it on iplayer, lol...might go find a proxy but think you have to shove in your tv license details? if so i won't be able to watch it anyway.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

It was naked mole rats.

i'm trying to lose interest so i don't watch it on iplayer, lol...might go find a proxy but think you have to shove in your tv license details? if so i won't be able to watch it anyway."

You just say that you've got a TV Licence. You don't have to put in any details.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"I saw it too and it was good, one thing they didnt mention was the fate of the humans, which is over population, it is estimated that we have about 50 years left as earths population will be over 9 billion people."

They did mention it, but in connection with the fact that 68% of animal population has reduced since the 70s. Which means we are likely to lose our food chain. Which means we're fucked.

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

It was naked mole rats.

i'm trying to lose interest so i don't watch it on iplayer, lol...might go find a proxy but think you have to shove in your tv license details? if so i won't be able to watch it anyway.

You just say that you've got a TV Licence. You don't have to put in any details."

i'm downloading it instead (well trying to), nothing illegal about that at all i think.

over a year ago

"I saw it too and it was good, one thing they didnt mention was the fate of the humans, which is over population, it is estimated that we have about 50 years left as earths population will be over 9 billion people.

They did mention it, but in connection with the fact that 68% of animal population has reduced since the 70s. Which means we are likely to lose our food chain. Which means we're fucked."

That is right, they did mention that and the food chain, the best thing we all can do, is to make the most of the time we have left and do the things we always wanted to do, before it is too late.

over a year ago

Software bots will make the majority of the service sector unemployed

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"Software bots will make the majority of the service sector unemployed "

And we'll finally get our flying cars!

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

already seen they didn't predict animals would be classed as sentient beings under law, as well as by science. monkey servants.

ugh, woody allen quoted. not impressed.

kudos for mentioning our ancestors did not have shorter overall longevity, bit of a bugbear of mine that people think we only lived short lives before recently.

mole rats surprised they haven't mentioned transdifferentiation.

would've been interesting if they'd mentioned what information they got from measuring the neurons and the synapses of the foetuses? they should maybe turn this episode into a series of it's own so that we can get way more information.

that's worrying about the weather in 2050, i also heard there will be a food shortage then as well. did an ethics course and it got mentioned there.

oh yeah, they definitely need to make more episodes on gene therapy and go into details.

lol, doctors of the future are using the same algorithm as that 20 questions game? who would've predicted that.

i'm kind of finding the energy thing a bit boring but whatever, good programme anyway so far. full of stuff of interest and i will again reiterate they should expand on everything they're discussing with a proper series/full episodes about this stuff.

over a year ago

"already seen they didn't predict animals would be classed as sentient beings under law, as well as by science. monkey servants.

kudos for mentioning our ancestors did not have shorter overall longevity, bit of a bugbear of mine that people think we only lived short lives before recently.

would've been interesting if they'd mentioned what information they got from measuring the neurons and the synapses of the foetuses? they should maybe turn this episode into a series of it's own so that we can get way more information.

that's worrying about the weather in 2050, i also heard there will be a food shortage then as well. did an ethics course and it got mentioned there.

oh yeah, they definitely need to make more episodes on gene therapy and go into details.

lol, doctors of the future are using the same algorithm as that 20 questions game? who would've predicted that.

i'm kind of finding the energy thing a bit boring but whatever, good programme anyway so far. full of stuff of interest and i will again reiterate they should expand on everything they're discussing with a proper series/full episodes about this stuff."

The Beeb is running a whole series of different programmes under the theme of Tomorrow's World. There was one on living forever, through 'downloading' our minds and uploading them to robotics, for instance. There will be programmes all year, taking some of this into more detail as well as covering other things.

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

"already seen they didn't predict animals would be classed as sentient beings under law, as well as by science. monkey servants.

i'm kind of finding the energy thing a bit boring but whatever, good programme anyway so far. full of stuff of interest and i will again reiterate they should expand on everything they're discussing with a proper series/full episodes about this stuff.

The Beeb is running a whole series of different programmes under the theme of Tomorrow's World. There was one on living forever, through 'downloading' our minds and uploading them to robotics, for instance. There will be programmes all year, taking some of this into more detail as well as covering other things.

"

yes, i think that downloading the mind into robotics is the 2045 project? problem is they still haven't found where/what consciousness is yet. but as they can connect prosthetics to the brain then they're getting closer for sure.

i'll keep my eye out for other programmes then. this one was pretty good. guessing i just look under the science part of iplayer?

Post new Message to Thread