Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

My mum...your mum xx

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I loved my mum to bits and so much teaching and information, she was born in 1933 in the depth of the depression and can remember things especially about the 2nd world war that historicans can not tell you about.

She would tell me about the sirens and the food shortage and how folks banded together and then the dunkirk spirit that kept germany away.

Sadly mum not here today but those anecdotes are priceless.......can you recall what your mum or dad said to you about the past.

The struggle feeding your kids being called up.......the past is our future but older folks are living antiques and give ultimate respect and just a few minutes to listen to their past.

The last of the few who were there.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Fortunately my my parents are still here.

My dad gave me the two best bits of advice

1. Don't argue with police and bartenders, because ether way you're not getting another pint

And

2. Don't fuck what you can't fight

over a year ago

"Fortunately my my parents are still here.

My dad gave me the two best bits of advice

1. Don't argue with police and bartenders, because ether way you're not getting another pint

And

2. Don't fuck what you can't fight"

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

my mum had a hard life, and unfortunately her dad was extremely abusive so she didn't have a lot of good memories and i think (well, pretty sure) she has cPTSD aalso.

she was a really intelligent woman though, despite the above. i love how she had a good knowledge of a lot of useful things and she passed that onto me. i think most of her anecdotes involved the medical profession though, from what i can recall at this time.

over a year ago

"my mum had a hard life, and unfortunately her dad was extremely abusive so she didn't have a lot of good memories and i think (well, pretty sure) she has cPTSD aalso.

she was a really intelligent woman though, despite the above. i love how she had a good knowledge of a lot of useful things and she passed that onto me. i think most of her anecdotes involved the medical profession though, from what i can recall at this time."

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I prefer Jim's mum

Post new Message to Thread