Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Contemplating life on Fab!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Each time your membership renewal pops up. Does anyone else contemplate leaving? Mines just popped up. And thanks to Threads questioning if Fab/swinging is all what I imagined and wether or not I'm after what I've found, it gets me thinking. Do i stay/go/hide/take a break?

Do you ever evaluate what you get out of Fab? Is it worth the subscription for a year?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

What about the bloody social? You better renew after me and miss red have gone to so much effort matey

over a year ago

Well it's sometimes good for a laugh!

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I try not to overthink it. I dip in and out of it as the mood takes me. When I've had enough I will leave but in the meantime I will just hide my profile if I need a break. Whilst it's fun I will carry on doing my own thing

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

over a year ago

I am always on the verge of leaving but never do. The only thing that keeps me here is the forum. Other than that Fab has no relevance to me.

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

*star wors music*

Join us.

Come to the free side

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"Each time your membership renewal pops up. Does anyone else contemplate leaving? Mines just popped up. And thanks to Threads questioning if Fab/swinging is all what I imagined and wether or not I'm after what I've found, it gets me thinking. Do i stay/go/hide/take a break?

Do you ever evaluate what you get out of Fab? Is it worth the subscription for a year? "

Why do you feel you need to pay?

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

"*star wors music*

Join us.

Come to the free side "

^this^

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

You don't need to pay

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"What about the bloody social? You better renew after me and miss red have gone to so much effort matey "

He's clearly not had enough coffee and too much sun today

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

in the suffolk countryside

"Each time your membership renewal pops up. Does anyone else contemplate leaving? Mines just popped up. And thanks to Threads questioning if Fab/swinging is all what I imagined and wether or not I'm after what I've found, it gets me thinking. Do i stay/go/hide/take a break?

Do you ever evaluate what you get out of Fab? Is it worth the subscription for a year? "

i sometimes contemplate leaving, but its never been about the cost of being a silver site supporter

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

I'm just seeing if I can break the habit of logging on to chat...

Now I've not renewed my membership it should be easier.. but let's see how long I last

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/06/17 16:35:43]

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I tried to take a break recently... Pinky dragged me back... So good luck with that!!!

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"I tried to take a break recently... Pinky dragged me back... So good luck with that!!! "

over a year ago

No I dont. I dont really use fab to meet. I mostly just use the forum, it is comedy gold

over a year ago

"I'm just seeing if I can break the habit of logging on to chat...

Now I've not renewed my membership it should be easier.. but let's see how long I last "

I give it less than an hour....lol

over a year ago

"What about the bloody social? You better renew after me and miss red have gone to so much effort matey "
m

Haha. My question was does anyone not do this. Have a think to themselves, and if you have left in the past, what makes you leave/hide/take a break?

over a year ago

"[thoughts of leaving removed by poster at 19/06/17 16:35:43]"

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"What about the bloody social? You better renew after me and miss red have gone to so much effort matey m

Haha. My question was does anyone not do this. Have a think to themselves, and if you have left in the past, what makes you leave/hide/take a break? "

internet providers and other tossers

over a year ago

"*star wors music*

Join us.

Come to the free side "

Haha.

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"[thoughts of leaving removed by poster at 19/06/17 16:35:43]"

Yaaaaaaay

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

I've been hiding. I have had a crap few months but I think I'll be back more often soon.

It never hurts to have a little time away.

over a year ago

Nope

I'm a stayer

Love this site

It's so much fun & love the comedy value too

over a year ago

"You don't need to pay "

It's not about the money. That's just a trigger of how much time I've been doing something. If that makes sense.

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"I've been hiding. I have had a crap few months but I think I'll be back more often soon.

"

hey gorgeous girl..hugs..you need a party?..anniversary of our beach party snog coming up? xx

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Every time MrB

over a year ago

"Nope

It's so much fun & love the comedy value too "

It's this. This is 90 percent of why I log in.

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"You don't need to pay

It's not about the money. That's just a trigger of how much time I've been doing something. If that makes sense. "

youve only been on (this profile) 6 months..unless youve been on before..me, well over 2 years now.i dont believe you've settled in until you've had that first rush, had a break and then made the conscious choice to come back here..then, imo, you become seasoned x

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I don't rejoin as a silver member for several weeks but gave in. I forwent a pint of beer to pay for it.

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

"I've been hiding. I have had a crap few months but I think I'll be back more often soon.

hey gorgeous girl..hugs..you need a party?..anniversary of our beach party snog coming up? xx"

Ooh beach party snogs.

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

hey gorgeous girl..hugs..you need a party?..anniversary of our beach party snog coming up? xx

Ooh beach party snogs. "

made you smile spin the duck?

over a year ago

"I don't rejoin as a silver member for several weeks but gave in. I forwent a pint of beer to pay for it. "

spending £2.80 makes me sweat.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

No, not leaving. I just hide. I took a break after two years for a bit, now on year five.

over a year ago

I have contemplated it a few times and i have left ans returned over the last six years or so . The hotel California syndrome ha ha.

If i get fed up with fab i pop into the forums ans you all make me realise,don't take fab seriously and have a chuckle in the forums

over a year ago

I've left and rejoined before, I have times when I go into hiding as well

over a year ago

I haven't bothered renewing mine because I don't really use the features it brings.

Everyone on here I talk to regularly I have on kik or what's app. I'm not interested in putting anymore pictures up unless it's for a challenge. And I never go in the chat room so having more than one cam open doesn't bother me

over a year ago

It stopped being fun so I left. Then I was asked to come back and I did.

I've hovered over the UNLOS button a couple of times since but some wonderful people have dragged me away.

I'll have a day off now and then though

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

Took the words out of my mouth!!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"I don't rejoin as a silver member for several weeks but gave in. I forwent a pint of beer to pay for it.

spending £2.80 makes me sweat. "

Mine was a fiver

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"You don't need to pay

It's not about the money. That's just a trigger of how much time I've been doing something. If that makes sense. "

It is what it is.

If you aren't enjoying it leave; to be honest your posts are always a little deep and complative so maybe it isn't the place for you

over a year ago

I was here before, not on the forums though. Had a bit of a break and have come back. The forums are my go to now, instead of Facebook

I reckon if you did leave you would come back, it's addictive x

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"You don't need to pay

It's not about the money. That's just a trigger of how much time I've been doing something. If that makes sense.

It is what it is.

If you aren't enjoying it leave; to be honest your posts are always a little deep and complative so maybe it isn't the place for you "

Some of us like deep

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"You don't need to pay

It is what it is.

If you aren't enjoying it leave; to be honest your posts are always a little deep and complative so maybe it isn't the place for you "

people with deep and contemplative minds are very welcome here, we might be in the minority but hey....we are used to it. a great mind = better sex in my experience

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"You don't need to pay

It is what it is.

If you aren't enjoying it leave; to be honest your posts are always a little deep and complative so maybe it isn't the place for you people with deep and contemplative minds are very welcome here, we might be in the minority but hey....we are used to it. a great mind = better sex in my experience "

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"You don't need to pay

It is what it is.

If you aren't enjoying it leave; to be honest your posts are always a little deep and complative so maybe it isn't the place for you

Some of us like deep "

Ooooft

over a year ago

What???? There's a way out???

A very confussed PTU xxx

over a year ago

"What???? There's a way out???

A very confussed PTU xxx"

You can check out any time you like , but you can never leave

over a year ago

"You don't need to pay

It is what it is.

If you aren't enjoying it leave; to be honest your posts are always a little deep and complative so maybe it isn't the place for you people with deep and contemplative minds are very welcome here, we might be in the minority but hey....we are used to it. a great mind = better sex in my experience

"

Thank goodness it's not just me.

over a year ago

A very confussed PTU xxx

You can check out any time you like , but you can never leave "

Problem is we haven't had that spirit here since 1969?

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"You don't need to pay

It is what it is.

Some of us like deep "

Where did you tie your horse?

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"You don't need to pay

It is what it is.

If you aren't enjoying it leave; to be honest your posts are always a little deep and complative so maybe it isn't the place for you people with deep and contemplative minds are very welcome here, we might be in the minority but hey....we are used to it. a great mind = better sex in my experience "

I didn't say they weren't. I was referring to the OP who seems to constantly have doubts...just an observation from his forum posts is all

over a year ago

I often contemplate it, but even though there are some lows, the highs far outweighs them, whether they be meeting for socials, chatting online or play.

over a year ago

I'm Not leaving. But I do have triggers where I'll look and wonder of things are still as they should be.

Eg. 6 mths is a long time being part of something. Is it better/worse than when I joined etc....

I wondered if anyone else looked at Fab over a 'trigger'. 10 people have stood you up maybe this month and you've had enough. You know what I mean?

It was just a question. Maybe too deep for some!

over a year ago

A very confussed PTU xxx

You can check out any time you like , but you can never leave "

Tune! xx

over a year ago

A very confussed PTU xxx

You can check out any time you like , but you can never leave

Problem is we haven't had that spirit here since 1969? "

Oi I'm not that old. x

By *rx1Couple
over a year ago

North West Devon...

We re evaluate quite a few times and have done more frequently over the last couple of years. We see the subscription renewal as just a marker post not a cost thing.

Unlike some we are not here just for the chatting or the possibility of just having the odd social.

if we have lost our mojo with swinging because we feel we have been let down more frequently recently or have we just not got the availability that we would maybe like to have.

Are we too old for this now...God Knows...

So when that marker post comes up again, we no doubt will re evaluate

By *axandbooCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

We got through periods of being kn here and taking breaks otherwise it could loose its thrill.

Ultimately it comes down to how you feel at the time

Boo

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"I'm Not leaving. But I do have triggers where I'll look and wonder of things are still as they should be.

Eg. 6 mths is a long time being part of something. Is it better/worse than when I joined etc....

I wondered if anyone else looked at Fab over a 'trigger'. 10 people have stood you up maybe this month and you've had enough. You know what I mean?

It was just a question. Maybe too deep for some! "

Look I like deep...but only so often.

I also like triggers

And if enough people stand up we can play

over a year ago

"I'm Not leaving. But I do have triggers where I'll look and wonder of things are still as they should be.

FFS mate you need to walk a mile in my shoes, apart from an organised social meet last year I've had eff all.

over a year ago

I doubt I'll be renewing after mine runs out. There's only one thing I make use of and that's the message history for pm's. And I only chat to a few people, so its not the end of the world.

The rest of the time I just lurk on the forums

over a year ago

Never contemplated leaving, but on occasion I have hesitated on renewing my site supporters pass, but go ahead anyway in the end

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

I go into hiding from time to time for various reasons. Sometimes its just because I'm busy and don't want to come back to a full mailbox, other times its because I get disheartened by things and need to put things into perspective. Fab can be a fun, exciting and downright amusing place at times, just as it can be an incredibly lonely place at other times, when you feel overlooked, taken for granted, or when people are simply being nasty (not necessarily to me ~ I find it just as upsetting when I see it happen to friends). Use fab how you see fit... and don't forget you don't need to be on fab to stay in touch with the people who do make it worthwhile

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

What subscription ? It's Free.

Do you mean the paltry silver and gold charges to :- use cams, tidy up your mail . post pics etc......

over a year ago

Just this yes.

Things happened that i didn't expect and i wasn't sure a swinging site was for me. Until i chatted more and realised there c are a few others in my situation.

I left the site because of this, in a moment of pure madness i deleted my account and now i wish I'd just hidden my profile until i was sure.

I missed the forums, they cheered me up when i felt low, gave me great advice when i needed it without being biased as they didn't know me.

I missed the friendships I'd made on here and i don't think I'll do that again.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Nope

It's this. This is 90 percent of why I log in. "

I'm taking the credit for 80% of that 90%.

But yeah, I do question it.

Then I remember.... you lot are my only friends!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I doubt I'll be renewing after mine runs out. There's only one thing I make use of and that's the message history for pm's. And I only chat to a few people, so its not the end of the world.

The rest of the time I just lurk on the forums "

You're a rubbish lurker... you keep posting!

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Nope

Then I remember.... you lot are my only friends! "

Fuwends fuwends new fab fuwends. Jumps up an down on peaches bed..... let's see who gets that

over a year ago

The forum is the best part of Fab

But even they become tedious, monotonous and childish

over a year ago

I have thought about leaving but decided that I enjoy the forum too much. It's a great time waster so have hidden myself so I don't have lots of messages and can just hang out in the forum annoying people with my pointless ramblings

By *uzy444Woman
over a year ago

"You don't need to pay

It is what it is.

If you aren't enjoying it leave; to be honest your posts are always a little deep and complative so maybe it isn't the place for you people with deep and contemplative minds are very welcome here, we might be in the minority but hey....we are used to it. a great mind = better sex in my experience

I didn't say they weren't. I was referring to the OP who seems to constantly have doubts...just an observation from his forum posts is all "

such a kind observational person you are, miss honey, helpful and encouraging, im sure that was the aim, comes across loud and clear xx

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"Nope

Fuwends fuwends new fab fuwends. Jumps up an down on peaches bed..... let's see who gets that "

Bus wanker

By *rowleyMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Mine is due to run out soon, but I'll probably renew it again.

By *ire_bladeMan
over a year ago

Manchester

"Nope

Fuwends fuwends new fab fuwends. Jumps up an down on peaches bed..... let's see who gets that

Bus wanker "

Bus stop wankers

over a year ago

It fills in the boredom in the quiet times

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"You don't need to pay

It is what it is.

I didn't say they weren't. I was referring to the OP who seems to constantly have doubts...just an observation from his forum posts is all such a kind observational person you are, miss honey, helpful and encouraging, im sure that was the aim, comes across loud and clear xx "

Oh now we can't all sugar the plum Suzy dear you would be most sad if I was too sweet fot sure

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/06/17 18:06:45]

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"You don't need to pay

It is what it is.

I didn't say they weren't. I was referring to the OP who seems to constantly have doubts...just an observation from his forum posts is all such a kind observational person you are, miss honey, helpful and encouraging, im sure that was the aim, comes across loud and clear xx "

Do your claws retract though?

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I think, OP, that sometimes it does come across as you're uncertain about being on here - that's not a bitchy or catty observation or a passive aggressive dig. It's just that, an observation.

When you're ready to hide or leave, you'll know OP. Hopefully it won't be for some time yet but you know yourself better than others.

By *ungBlackTopMan
over a year ago

salford

I find most people that have been on fab for years are the ones that have only got fab so fab is their life which is good if that's the only thing they have. Otherwise what would they do with themselves?

Best pay for fab than pay for other porn sites.

Personally I haven't bought into the "fab-life" enough to say I'm a die hard fabber. So if I feel like using the subscription benefits for example see who's spied at my profile then I will pay for it but most times I won't as most who spy will message lol.

Different horses for different courses.

over a year ago

I question it sometimes but its due to what's happening on here or in my life at that time. My supporters pass doesn't really factor in that, I wouldn't not leave just to get my money's worth.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

We would stay or leave depending on our enjoyment of swinging, not the site supporter fee.

We enjoy meets and club visits, the supporter fee popping up doesn't change that for us.

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"I think, OP, that sometimes it does come across as you're uncertain about being on here - that's not a bitchy or catty observation or a passive aggressive dig. It's just that, an observation.

When you're ready to hide or leave, you'll know OP. Hopefully it won't be for some time yet but you know yourself better than others."

What a wonderful observation. Aren't you a kind helpful person

This is what I was trying to say

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I think, Mr B.... that you need to get your backside to a social.

I dunno. From where I sit, I see someone who is frustrated with no shows etc. I mean, I dunno like, just from what I see. I reckon if you got your backside to a get together it may make you feel more, erm, included? Maybe that ain't the right word, in fact I'm sure it ain't. I know what I mean.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

It's always ups and downs in here Buzz, and very easy to get on a negative tip when all you get is deleted messages, no-shows for meets, general time-wasters, and the constant turnover of the same people rejoining with new profiles. I feel your pain, it's the same all over the country, and a break from Fab now and then doesn't hurt. My renewal is due in a couple of weeks too; I may clear off for a while myself (to the shouts of 'Hooray!' from many in here no doubt)

Chin up mate, fuck 'em

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

i've left before my site supporter runs out, way before then. if something pisses you off that much why would (such a small amount of) money be an incentive to stay?

i always renew coz i wanna be able to track my inbox messages i have with friends.

so basically, if i'm here i'll pay to use the site supporter features.

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"I don't rejoin as a silver member for several weeks but gave in. I forwent a pint of beer to pay for it. "

over a year ago

I have thought about leaving a few times, especially when I've met somebody who has really given me an amazing time and then for various reasons, I can't see them again. The Forums make me smile, mostly, and I've enjoyed the social side too. I would take time out first to see if I missed it before deleting my profile. The cost would never come into it.

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

It's always ups and downs in here Buzz, and very easy to get on a negative tip when all you get is deleted messages, no-shows for meets, general time-wasters, and the constant turnover of the same people rejoining with new profiles. I feel your pain, it's the same all over the country, and a break from Fab now and then doesn't hurt. My renewal is due in a couple of weeks too; I may clear off for a while myself (to the shouts of 'Hooray!' from many in here no doubt)

Chin up mate, fuck 'em "

People returning with new profiles...interesting

By *zachMan
over a year ago

Barnsley

It is what it is i guess , good days , bad days ...... and very good days lol ....... for the money as others have said it passes time so definately worth it , you just have to ignore the fact that theres to many keyboard fabbers who'll never meet and find the ones that will ...... enjoy

over a year ago

"I think, OP, that sometimes it does come across as you're uncertain about being on here - that's not a bitchy or catty observation or a passive aggressive dig. It's just that, an observation.

When you're ready to hide or leave, you'll know OP. Hopefully it won't be for some time yet but you know yourself better than others.

This is what I was trying to say "

Pfft, worst back track, ever!

over a year ago

"I question it sometimes but its due to what's happening on here or in my life at that time. My supporters pass doesn't really factor in that, I wouldn't not leave just to get my money's worth. "

It's not about the money Bunny !!!!! that was just an indicator that makes me take stock. I wish I'd not said anything now.

Faf anyone?

*Should I just leave the life changing conundrums to others then?

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"I question it sometimes but its due to what's happening on here or in my life at that time. My supporters pass doesn't really factor in that, I wouldn't not leave just to get my money's worth.

It's not about the money Bunny !!!!! that was just an indicator that makes me take stock. I wish I'd not said anything now.

Faf anyone?

"

I am not entirely sure what you are getting at?

Your fab renewal is up so this has triggered you to contemplate your life choices?

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

"I question it sometimes but its due to what's happening on here or in my life at that time. My supporters pass doesn't really factor in that, I wouldn't not leave just to get my money's worth.

Faf anyone?

"

Yeah g'wan so.... I'll let you contemplate my navel for a change.... And while you're down there...

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

This is what I was trying to say

Pfft, worst back track, ever! "

Oh I don't care if the guy stays I just wanted to say he always seems uncertain

By *avrick15Man
over a year ago

glasgow

Five quid doesn't really have that much sway in my naughtiness planning TBH

over a year ago

"

Five quid doesn't really have that much sway in my naughtiness planning TBH "

Thank goodness. Imagine having to pay for a hotel room if we were squalling at the price of a membership here.

By *avrick15Man
over a year ago

glasgow

"

Five quid doesn't really have that much sway in my naughtiness planning TBH

Thank goodness. Imagine having to pay for a hotel room if we were squalling at the price of a membership here. "

Ha ha totally... jeez there would even be a split bill for the lube purchase

over a year ago

"I question it sometimes but its due to what's happening on here or in my life at that time. My supporters pass doesn't really factor in that, I wouldn't not leave just to get my money's worth. "

Fibber..... or...

You're not really from Edinburgh are you ?

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Portsmouth

Chin up mate, fuck 'em

People returning with new profiles...interesting "

I know; radical or what

over a year ago

I'm not a site supporter, easy.

over a year ago

"

ive missed you x

over a year ago

not really - i think a fiver just for the forums is great value and you can get it for free if you want - but i like the notes doodar - plus so many people i want to meet for real on here

over a year ago

The forum is entertaining. That's pretty much it for me now....

Post new Message to Thread