Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Catering

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just like to give a shout out ,to my fellow fabbers that working in catering having to work in this boiling hot weather, in boiling hot kitchens all day get yourself a well deserved drink. (Also kitchen I work in was 34c how bad was yours ?)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I avoid ordering soup during hot weather, its always seems a tad watery

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Just like to give a shout out ,to my fellow fabbers that working in catering having to work in this boiling hot weather, in boiling hot kitchens all day get yourself a well deserved drink. (Also kitchen I work in was 34c how bad was yours ?)"

over a year ago

I don't work in catering but my oven has been on most of the day, baking, so it's currently sat at 33 degrees

over a year ago

"I don't work in catering but my oven has been on most of the day, baking, so it's currently sat at 33 degrees"
sounds very hot and sticky not in a good way

over a year ago

"I don't work in catering but my oven has been on most of the day, baking, so it's currently sat at 33 degreessounds very hot and sticky not in a good way"

You're right, it's not good. But by heck, there's some amazing smells here. Fresh bread, pizza, cookies, and muffins.

By *he Devils Daughter!Woman
over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

I work in catering for NHS n today was horrendous up in the wards doing food diarys n trotting back n forth from the kitchens but I have a good bunch in my ward who had all the dyson fans on full blast for staff n paitents

over a year ago

"Just like to give a shout out ,to my fellow fabbers that working in catering having to work in this boiling hot weather, in boiling hot kitchens all day get yourself a well deserved drink. (Also kitchen I work in was 34c how bad was yours ?)"

Hot mate! And on father's day too

Fuzz

over a year ago

"Just like to give a shout out ,to my fellow fabbers that working in catering having to work in this boiling hot weather, in boiling hot kitchens all day get yourself a well deserved drink. (Also kitchen I work in was 34c how bad was yours ?)

Hot mate! And on father's day too

Fuzz"

yep sadly it what is though.

over a year ago

"I work in catering for NHS n today was horrendous up in the wards doing food diarys n trotting back n forth from the kitchens but I have a good bunch in my ward who had all the dyson fans on full blast for staff n paitents "
at least you have fan we don't also are extractor fans don't work so breathing in hot dirty air(only bad hot and dirty thing I think ?)

over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

Fans n air con in the kitchens don't work so it's horrendous down there .. I must be only person on here that will be glad for winter lol

over a year ago

I've been chefing 7 years.

yesterday I quit.

I'm done with it. I want 'normal'. Weekends, holidays, home by 6pm, no more 0530am alarms. CHRISTMAS!

Straw that broke the camel's back was when they announced that they'd taken 170 bookings for lunch alone today. Restaurant seats about 40

over a year ago

"I've been chefing 7 years.

yesterday I quit.

I'm done with it. I want 'normal'. Weekends, holidays, home by 6pm, no more 0530am alarms. CHRISTMAS!

Straw that broke the camel's back was when they announced that they'd taken 170 bookings for lunch alone today. Restaurant seats about 40 "

well done mate don't blame you my idea of hell

over a year ago

"Fans n air con in the kitchens don't work so it's horrendous down there .. I must be only person on here that will be glad for winter lol "
No you won't I will be as well nice profile by the way

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

"Fans n air con in the kitchens don't work so it's horrendous down there .. I must be only person on here that will be glad for winter lol "
Ironic has it is working for the nhs and haveing no fans or air conditioning surely that is a health and safety hazzard when working in those conditions it says a lot about the people in charge they should be held to count for responsibility and get something done about it.

over a year ago

No more 12h shifts without break!

I'm sooo relieved. At the same time I'm really disappointed, because I started working in this restaurant with loads of enthusiasm and excitement. The cuisine was going to be the best I'd worked with, and they ended up making me breakfast and lunch chef. So basically full english brekkies, burgers and nachos.

No thanks.

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

Il have a cola with plenty of ice.

The kitchen i wos in got up to 38.7c juring mane survise.

Even the fridge with litall use cood not stay under 5c

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

No your not alown.

I can't ware for winter to

over a year ago

Fire up the ovens!

Fuzz

over a year ago

"Il have a cola with plenty of ice.

The kitchen i wos in got up to 38.7c juring mane survise.

Even the fridge with litall use cood not stay under 5c "

Anyone need anything from the walk-in? I'll go!

Fuzz

over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

"Fans n air con in the kitchens don't work so it's horrendous down there .. I must be only person on here that will be glad for winter lol No you won't I will be as well nice profile by the way "

thank u

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Conveniently my oven would have broken and it's salads all round

over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

"Fans n air con in the kitchens don't work so it's horrendous down there .. I must be only person on here that will be glad for winter lol

Fire up the ovens!

Fuzz"

over a year ago

I work in catering and it's been 33 degrees in my kitchen no air-conditioning just a little fan. Absolutely horrendous...

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

It's days like today that make me feel thankful that I no longer work in catering

By *xplorer13Man
over a year ago

glenrothes

Blimey I bet you don't moan when it's lovely and warm onyour day off. I thought you would all be used to the heat, but if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen ! ??

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I avoid ordering soup during hot weather, its always seems a tad watery "

over a year ago

I dont work in catering but in early years education and my workplace is frequently over 31 degrees even though we have portable aircon and fans

Post new Message to Thread