Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ant and Dec

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hope Ant and Dec dont split up because of Ant in rehab,hope he makes a speedy recovery,

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Hope Ant and Dec dont split up because of Ant in rehab,hope he makes a speedy recovery, "

He's I'll which I don't think is a reason to split a long lasting partnership.

over a year ago

"Hope Ant and Dec dont split up because of Ant in rehab,hope he makes a speedy recovery,

He's I'll which I don't think is a reason to split a long lasting partnership. "

Ill*

FIFM

over a year ago

No it shouldnt.youre right they been together years

By *dy-ukTV/TS
over a year ago

Alcester

It shouldn't do, nor should Ant get smeared.

It's all very well reading headlines..

"Ant gone into rehab for drug abuse"

Then putting two + two and getting 23

He had an injury to his knee, was prescribed drugs for the pain, took advice from his Dr. and followed it. It was these prescribed drugs he became addicted to. He's reached out for help, knowing he need to get off these things.

So he's not a 'druggie', not a famous personality getting stoned.

He's just not well and getting support

over a year ago

its so funny yet 2 faced.. all these people awww what a shame about ant going into rehab for drug misuse as they say in the papers.. but hey ho in the reall world a non famous person would be ewww ant the junkie is in rehab .. what a dirty skank

over a year ago

"its so funny yet 2 faced.. all these people awww what a shame about ant going into rehab for drug misuse as they say in the papers.. but hey ho in the reall world a non famous person would be ewww ant the junkie is in rehab .. what a dirty skank

"

Don't know if you realise, or even care, but not only is your thought true but it also could be a simile for the Forum.

over a year ago

"its so funny yet 2 faced.. all these people awww what a shame about ant going into rehab for drug misuse as they say in the papers.. but hey ho in the reall world a non famous person would be ewww ant the junkie is in rehab .. what a dirty skank

Don't know if you realise, or even care, but not only is your thought true but it also could be a simile for the Forum."

theres been quite a few topics/threads about similar where people have mentioned that they hav an addiction, and the bad comments they get is not the best solution.. same in papers they are demonised.. yet a celebrity has a problem and it suddenly becomes an illness for them and is covered in rose petals

over a year ago

He's better placed to make a full recovery than many addicts.....

I'm sure his celebrity status will garner extra support from people of all walks of life...

Hopefully his story will help other addicts and their loved one understand and face their own problems ....

He certainly doesn't deserve bad mouthing by narrow minded halfwits

over a year ago

"He's better placed to make a full recovery than many addicts.....

I'm sure his celebrity status will garner extra support from people of all walks of life...

Hopefully his story will help other addicts and their loved one understand and face their own problems ....

He certainly doesn't deserve bad mouthing by narrow minded halfwits "

Agreed

over a year ago

No he dosent ,Ant and Dec give us great entertainment,just wish him a very speedy recovery

over a year ago

Ant's in Rehab??

By *dam_TinaCouple
over a year ago

Hampshire

"Ant's in Rehab?? "

Certainly looks that way doesn't it, or this thread would be nonsensical .

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"Hope Ant and Dec dont split up because of Ant in rehab,hope he makes a speedy recovery, "

Is there any suggestion that they might split because of it?

I highly doubt it as they have been friends for years and have supported each other through lots of life's trials and tribulations

over a year ago

evesham

"Ant's in Rehab??

Certainly looks that way doesn't it, or this thread would be nonsensical ."

I think it's fairly nonsensical speculation as if is lol

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"

I don't think that's the case, I'm guessing ants drug addiction hasn't got him mugging granny's and robbing peoples homes to get his next fix.

I don't care if people do drugs rich or poor as long as it doesn't impact in a negative way on society

over a year ago

What have I missed ....Ant and Dec are legends or my favourite go to ... to watch on tv

over a year ago

"What have I missed ....Ant and Dec are legends or my favourite go to ... to watch on tv

"

Just looked on BBC news ...he has plenty of people around him to help him through it ...

over a year ago

I don't think that's the case, I'm guessing ants drug addiction hasn't got him mugging granny's and robbing peoples homes to get his next fix.

I don't care if people do drugs rich or poor as long as it doesn't impact in a negative way on society "

do no do o do not .. put words in my mouth...i have not stated that if your not famous and have loads of money you dont need to take crime up for drugs and not everyone that does takes crime up

By *olgateMan
over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

High proportion of drug addicts are hooked on prescription drugs , many don't make it on to official statistics.

Mel smith had a similar problem with ibuprofen a few years back

By *mmabluTV/TS
over a year ago

upton wirral

I have little sympathy for the so called celebs,they only have themselves to blame

over a year ago

evesham

"I have little sympathy for the so called celebs,they only have themselves to blame"

That's a ridiculous statement. They are not less human than anyone else and can fall on hard time just the same as you or I only it is harder for them sometimes as their troubles are often discected indiscriminately by jealous people or they are told they can't possibly have any problems because they are famous and rich.

over a year ago

evesham

I don't care if people do drugs rich or poor as long as it doesn't impact in a negative way on society do no do o do not .. put words in my mouth...i have not stated that if your not famous and have loads of money you dont need to take crime up for drugs and not everyone that does takes crime up"

No one said you did

over a year ago

He certainly doesn't deserve bad mouthing by narrow minded halfwits "

he stated he went public to try and help others in a similar situation feel like they can seek help

over a year ago

He certainly doesn't deserve bad mouthing by narrow minded halfwits he stated he went public to try and help others in a similar situation feel like they can seek help "

over a year ago

only human afterall

over a year ago

"No it shouldnt.youre right they been together years "
so what if did???

I think they'd had the limelight for to LONG!!!

over a year ago

Yes and they deserve the lime light,both.great entertainers,they have been together years with little or no ,bad publicity.The public love them,you can see that by the awards they win by the voting of the public.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Bless him. At least hes getting the right help.

Going public may help others in a similar situation.

I love ant and dec and wish him well

over a year ago

No one knows when mental health and addictions will strike it can affect anyone ......

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I don't watch them but he's human, like most of the rest of us. Hope he gets the treatment outcomes that he needs and is left alone.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I have little sympathy for the so called celebs,they only have themselves to blame"

Stupid comment. He's not trying to blame anybody. He has come out saying he has a problem and what it is, and has sought help.

Why does one person deserve sympathy for a problem and someone else doesn't?

By *verysmileMan
over a year ago

CANTERBURY

No sympathy but no ire from me either. I do not watch the type of programmes that he appears on and have no idea what talent he brings to the table.

Now if the question is do I wish him a speedy recovery then of course the answer is "yes". But do I sympathise with a rich bloke who overindulges...the answer is no.

over a year ago

Worlds in self destruct mode and a tower just burned down to the fucking ground 3 days ago but fuck me Ants in Rehab.

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"No sympathy but no ire from me either. I do not watch the type of programmes that he appears on and have no idea what talent he brings to the table.

Now if the question is do I wish him a speedy recovery then of course the answer is "yes". But do I sympathise with a rich bloke who overindulges...the answer is no.

"

He became dependant on painkillers precribed to him after a knee injury.....

By *verysmileMan
over a year ago

CANTERBURY

"No sympathy but no ire from me either. I do not watch the type of programmes that he appears on and have no idea what talent he brings to the table.

He became dependant on painkillers precribed to him after a knee injury....."

....and the alcohol?

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Worlds in self destruct mode and a tower just burned down to the fucking ground 3 days ago but fuck me Ants in Rehab. "

One is a tragic disaster and doesn't compare, but no-one is trying to. Can only one thing be discussed at once?

over a year ago

I feel sorry for him. Can't help but think the public announcement was because one or more of re tabloids were going to stir the shit. No one would willing choose to notify the nations media that they were going in to rehab

over a year ago

Amd I do feel that the sympathy and support is influenced by his celebrity, but if even a handful of people become more tolerant oamd/or knowledgeable about addiction then that's a good thing

over a year ago

evesham

"Worlds in self destruct mode and a tower just burned down to the fucking ground 3 days ago but fuck me Ants in Rehab. "

Are you suggesting that no one cares about all ythe terrible events that have happened recently simply because of this news item?

Is no one ever allowed to have a bad thing happen to them because of the terror attacks and the Grenfell Tower fire?

Am I allowed to cry at my friend's funeral next week or will that make me a bad person because she didn't die in either of the most recent events? Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned it, it might offend you.

Drug addiction, particularly prescription drug addiction is a very real part of many people's lives and if this story helps others get the help they need then why is that a bad thing?

He doesn't have a bad knee, he has an addiction that is impacting on his private life and career.

over a year ago

addicted to stuff ..I'm addicted to fab haha

Painfully.....

over a year ago

That's a tad over the top init?

The world world is in self distrust!

I suggest taking a look at the recorded history of the last 500 years I think you'll find its littered with wars ,,, humanitarian and environmental tragedy, oppression man made and natural disasters , and a whole plethora of substance abuse epidemics....and in all that time humanity attempts to learns and recovers from its mistakes admittedly not always successfully but getting bent out of shape because some people wish to show empathy to a struggling individual doesn't reflect the sort of attitude I respect .....

But hey no-ones been injured here....

over a year ago

"Worlds in self destruct mode and a tower just burned down to the fucd king ground 3 days ago but fuck me Ants in Rehab. "
.....Yes its devastating,soul destroying,heart breaking,and i shall never forget it,We cannot put the world to rights as much as we want to,this threat wasnt put up to disrespect the people of London.Life goes on.

over a year ago

He certainly doesn't deserve bad mouthing by narrow minded halfwits he stated he went public to try and help others in a similar situation feel like they can seek help "

pmsl

"he went public to help others addicted in similar situation"

bullshit

What about gamblers addicted, he sure as hell aint helping them

he and his buddy are encouraging gambling and couldn't give two hoots about addiction, as long as their bank balance increases

Post new Message to Thread