By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What the hell do you see in it,,,,

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *nked_kittenWoman
over a year ago

Ankh Morpork

"What the hell do you see in it,,,, "

Sometimes if I've had a bad day I like to kill things as violently as possible on my Xbox

over a year ago

"What the hell do you see in it,,,,

Sometimes if I've had a bad day I like to kill things as violently as possible on my Xbox "

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sometimes, an escape

over a year ago

A lot of reasons to game, read, appreciate a picture, listen to music.

Gaming for me is a combination of most art forms. Some of the aesthetics are utterly astounding, the storylines complex and compelling, and the music can be downright glorious on some games.

If you enjoy art in any form there are a few games out there you should check out that really push the boundaries.

Here's a list, pick up some of these and see if they tickle your fancy. Play them through and dont just take them at face value of being a game, try to look at the worlds created.

Child of light

Undertake

Bastion

Transistor

Borderlands

Life is strange

The Stanley parable

Dark souls (though the lore is obscure as fuck)

This war of mine

There's hundreds more I could suggest. Hit some of those up and try to enjoy.

over a year ago

I prefer games that make you think a bit. Currently playing Uncharted 4 which is a combination of puzzle solving, exploration and shooting. It's a really good game

over a year ago

"A lot of reasons to game, read, appreciate a picture, listen to music.

Gaming for me is a combination of most art forms. Some of the aesthetics are utterly astounding, the storylines complex and compelling, and the music can be downright glorious on some games.

If you enjoy art in any form there are a few games out there you should check out that really push the boundaries.

Here's a list, pick up some of these and see if they tickle your fancy. Play them through and dont just take them at face value of being a game, try to look at the worlds created.

Child of light

Undertake

Bastion

Transistor

Borderlands

Life is strange

The Stanley parable

This war of mine

There's hundreds more I could suggest. Hit some of those up and try to enjoy. "

Thanks for the feedback but honestly my life is not missing any of those aspects ..... but I can see you thoroughly enjoy what you do and that's never a bad thing

By *AA123Couple
over a year ago

Lichfield

Same as reading a book, playing sport, TV, movies, drink, parties, fishing, theatre, musicals etc etc

Entertainment.

over a year ago

Child of light

Undertake

Bastion

Transistor

Borderlands

Life is strange

The Stanley parable

This war of mine

Thanks for the feedback but honestly my life is not missing any of those aspects ..... but I can see you thoroughly enjoy what you do and that's never a bad thing "

Beaut, never a bad thing to expand horizon's though.

over a year ago

Child of light

Undertake

Bastion

Transistor

Borderlands

Life is strange

The Stanley parable

This war of mine

Thanks for the feedback but honestly my life is not missing any of those aspects ..... but I can see you thoroughly enjoy what you do and that's never a bad thing

Beaut, never a bad thing to expand horizon's though. "

Only when what might be over the horizon seems a more attractive proposition to what the persons enjoys now.....

When the prospect of something doesn't appeal it's not a bad thing,,,,,

By *iceguymkMan
over a year ago

aylesbury

Where else can I go and blow up 50 foot titans that drop from the sky with machine guns and missiles and fricking laser beams not in Aylesbury lol ...it's a get away from normal life takes you away from it for a hour a day ,,, plus where else could a immature whipper snapper beat the crap outta me cause he's a better gamer and it doesn't puss me off in the slightest

By *anielpiercedMan
over a year ago

by the seaside

"Where else can I go and blow up 50 foot titans that drop from the sky with machine guns and missiles and fricking laser beams not in Aylesbury lol ...it's a get away from normal life takes you away from it for a hour a day ,,, plus where else could a immature whipper snapper beat the crap outta me cause he's a better gamer and it doesn't puss me off in the slightest "

^This.

After a stressful day it's quite relaxing shooting Bolivian drug cartels on Ghost Recon Wildlands

over a year ago

"Where else can I go and blow up 50 foot titans that drop from the sky with machine guns and missiles and fricking laser beams not in Aylesbury lol ...it's a get away from normal life takes you away from it for a hour a day ,,, plus where else could a immature whipper snapper beat the crap outta me cause he's a better gamer and it doesn't puss me off in the slightest "

I love these answers ...

By *iceguymkMan
over a year ago

aylesbury

"Where else can I go and blow up 50 foot titans that drop from the sky with machine guns and missiles and fricking laser beams not in Aylesbury lol ...it's a get away from normal life takes you away from it for a hour a day ,,, plus where else could a immature whipper snapper beat the crap outta me cause he's a better gamer and it doesn't puss me off in the slightest

^This.

After a stressful day it's quite relaxing shooting Bolivian drug cartels on Ghost Recon Wildlands "

I cannot put down titanfall 2 lol .just wanna keep playing it

By *iceguymkMan
over a year ago

aylesbury

Piss me off not puss me off *

over a year ago

"Where else can I go and blow up 50 foot titans that drop from the sky with machine guns and missiles and fricking laser beams not in Aylesbury lol ...it's a get away from normal life takes you away from it for a hour a day ,,, plus where else could a immature whipper snapper beat the crap outta me cause he's a better gamer and it doesn't puss me off in the slightest

^This.

After a stressful day it's quite relaxing shooting Bolivian drug cartels on Ghost Recon Wildlands "

By *iceguymkMan
over a year ago

aylesbury

^This.

After a stressful day it's quite relaxing shooting Bolivian drug cartels on Ghost Recon Wildlands I cannot put down titanfall 2 lol .just wanna keep playing it "

It's like C.O.D but better .....10x better

over a year ago

I mostly play games on my PS4 when there is nothing much on TV to watch

over a year ago

Sometimes if I've had a bad day I like to kill things as violently as possible on my Xbox "

Same here, but on my ps4. It's a brill ways to get rid of aggression.

over a year ago

Child of light

Undertake

Bastion

Transistor

Borderlands

Life is strange

The Stanley parable

This war of mine

There's hundreds more I could suggest. Hit some of those up and try to enjoy. "

Amazing stories like: The Last of Us and Uncharted 4. Also spring to mind.

over a year ago

"I prefer games that make you think a bit. Currently playing Uncharted 4 which is a combination of puzzle solving, exploration and shooting. It's a really good game "

Uncharted the lost legacy looks pretty good too.

over a year ago

I have been gaming for 20 years.

I'm a massive Tomb Raider fan. I've spent many hours of my life -when suffering with depression- making the annoying cow Swan dive from the top of folly and hearing her bones crunch.

I play games for the same reason I read books. To escape into another world for a few hours and forget what's going on in my real life. Some of the story lines can have you as hooked as watching a film.

I use hack n slash games to work out aggression and frustration I have got.

Gaming is something I can't live without.

over a year ago

Ok I've just watched a news feature where a blind lad was using his remaining senses to kick the arse of sighted opponents in some kind of fantasy combat style game

I totally get it now.....

What a brilliant outlet for a that lad .....

over a year ago

It's fun, and depending on what game I play, if I'm on fable it's like I can immerse myself in that world Abe become that character and it's a way to escape from everything

By *irenGuy70Man
over a year ago

Cirencester

So I can be a racing driver . I have a VR and steering wheel+pedals combo and it's great fun without the risk of dieing in a big fireball

over a year ago

over a year ago

"Ok I've just watched a news feature where a blind lad was using his remaining senses to kick the arse of sighted opponents in some kind of fantasy combat style game

What a brilliant outlet for a that lad ..... "

Wow! What article was that?

Gaming is getting very disabled friendly. They have started adding better control features to games, so those who suffer with problems with their hands ie.. cerebral palsy can play games they love.

over a year ago

Good for making friends having g fun escaping reality but I would choose a F box anytime.

over a year ago

^This.

After a stressful day it's quite relaxing shooting Bolivian drug cartels on Ghost Recon Wildlands I cannot put down titanfall 2 lol .just wanna keep playing it "

I love titanfall 2. Such a great game

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

To ask this is to ask why one would read a book or watch a film. Why one would attend an art gallery or go to a concert.

In recent years I've restored the memories of a dementia sufferer (Ether One), I have fulfilled someones dying wish (To the Moon), I have discovered my parents infidelity and my sisters acceptance of her sexuality (Gone Home).

I've traversed Escher-like worlds in The Bridge, helped teach my children about Gregor Mendel, heredity and Punnett squares with Crazy Plant Shop and had to make a truly horrible choice in Richard & Alice.

Gaming isn't all just shooting guys and blowing shit up.

By *essicaSheerTV/TS
over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 18/06/17 10:34:36]

over a year ago

Escapism.

Clearing my head.

Puzzles/problem solving.

Entertainment.

over a year ago

Clearly you have never had any of my dreams I dream stuff like this but the animals are annoyed with being killed so the Animals hunt the humans and veg fights fruit

over a year ago

"Ok I've just watched a news feature where a blind lad was using his remaining senses to kick the arse of sighted opponents in some kind of fantasy combat style game

Gaming is getting very disabled friendly. They have started adding better control features to games, so those who suffer with problems with their hands ie.. cerebral palsy can play games they love. "

I was on the BBC news feed.....

By *aughtyinguMan
over a year ago

swindon

Its fun

Some games have great soundtrack and feel, like payday 2

over a year ago

Gaming is fun simple as that !

Alone or with friends or with strangers online, and those strangers can become friends, which happened to me a lot !

Gaming's good for your health !*

* use with precaution, do not act in real life as you'd do in GTA, Battlefield, etc...

over a year ago

same for me can't beat killing and blowing shit up

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

It's relaxing

It's stress relief

It's fun

It's exsiteing

And it lets you leeve the real world and be in a world of your choice for a fue hours

over a year ago

I'm amazed the grown men and women do this still....I'll stick to sudoku and crosswords

over a year ago

"I'm amazed the grown men and women do this still....I'll stick to sudoku and crosswords "

Why does it amaze you?

over a year ago

"I'm amazed the grown men and women do this still....I'll stick to sudoku and crosswords

Why does it amaze you? "

The hint is in game.....I thought people grew out off them at some point and got on with real life....but what do I know eh

over a year ago

"I'm amazed the grown men and women do this still....I'll stick to sudoku and crosswords

Why does it amaze you?

The hint is in game.....I thought people grew out off them at some point and got on with real life....but what do I know eh"

In your opinion videogames are for children only ? Legit question

over a year ago

It means I can do things I can't in real life.... Am dying to get my hands on the new Zelda!!

over a year ago

Why does it amaze you?

The hint is in game.....I thought people grew out off them at some point and got on with real life....but what do I know eh

In your opinion videogames are for children only ? Legit question"

Legit reply yes

By *xploringThisWorldMan
over a year ago

collier row

Why does it amaze you? "

I don't get it. . Some plays silly board games/puzzle games by themselves and has the cheek to poke fun at people using the latest technology to directly challenge opposition across the world.

I thought people stopped scribbling in puzzle books when they were a child? I guess some people like to connect dots still like a child.

. . See what I did there?

over a year ago

Why does it amaze you?

The hint is in game.....I thought people grew out off them at some point and got on with real life....but what do I know eh"

Why does "growing up" mean you stop playing?!?!

over a year ago

As well as being thoroughly enjoyable, gaming helps improve your hand eye co-ordination which in turn keeping your brain active which helps fight off Alzheimer's. True fact that people who game are less likely to get it

over a year ago

Why does it amaze you?

Why does "growing up" mean you stop playing?!?! "

Maybe it's a age thing....I got the for my kids and played with then....then they grew up and have stopped...same thing here

over a year ago

Games are far more invested than a movie in the majority of gamers minds.

The faster someone's mind and reaction speed, the more rewarding it can be for both the gamer, anyone watching and such as well.. At least competitively.

The other aspect as people are saying is the release - Certain times of games (MMO's, story based games and even general games with impressive storylines) can be more compelling that a good book depending on the subject matter.

Taking into consideration the variety of play styles for games and genres they cover, its little wonder a lot of people enjoy gaming - At any age!

over a year ago

Why does it amaze you?

Legit reply yes"

The legit thing was to not seem sarcastic or anything mean/rude.

Well, i don't see why it should be only for children nor immature people, but hey what do you know eh ?

over a year ago

As well as being thoroughly enjoyable, gaming helps improve your hand eye co-ordination which in turn keeping your brain active which helps fight off Alzheimer's. True fact that people who game are less likely to get it "

Just more likely to get epilepsy

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Same here

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

As well as being thoroughly enjoyable, gaming helps improve your hand eye co-ordination which in turn keeping your brain active which helps fight off Alzheimer's. True fact that people who game are less likely to get it

Just more likely to get epilepsy "

No. If you have unknown but pre-existing epilepsy then games may trigger it. Much like cartoons or films. Gaming doesn't cause epilepsy though.

over a year ago

Why does it amaze you?

How patronising.

You can't be and adult and play games?

Does that count for card games? Darts? Sports?

Why does it have to be either/or?

And what's getting on with real life?

Boring on about politics?

Being on a swingers site?

over a year ago

Back in the day I was that cool guy who chatted with lasses while the mullet headed lads in our company huddled around the pub table-top space-invaders,,,

Ya get me....

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

Why does it amaze you?

What indeed.

As of this year, the gamer charity Child's Play has raised $40,292,852 for children around the world.

This War of Mine (a game wherein you play as a refugee in a war torn city) raised thousands in donations for the charity War Child.

Games are no more for children than kicking a ball around or riding a bike.

over a year ago

Why does it amaze you?

What indeed.

As of this year, the gamer charity Child's Play has raised $40,292,852 for children around the world.

This War of Mine (a game wherein you play as a refugee in a war torn city) raised thousands in donations for the charity War Child.

Games are no more for children than kicking a ball around or riding a bike."

That's a fantastic charity fund raising achievement

But that's got me thinking .... you know like many of the top sports star are paid heaps of dosh in sponsorship advertising all sort on non sports related products ,,,,

I wonder is the is an opening for top gamers to product place deodorants and spot cream ,,,

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

"I wonder is the is an opening for top gamers to product place deodorants and spot cream ,,, "

Yes. Because all gamers are smelly and spotty.

Ignoring the sweeping generalisations and massive dismissal of 10s of millions of people... eSports is a thing. There ARE professional gamers and some do endorse various products.

Personally I find the whole eSports thing to be a little distasteful but it is worth mentioning.

over a year ago

"I wonder is the is an opening for top gamers to product place deodorants and spot cream ,,,

."

It was a joke ...

ffs....

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

"I wonder is the is an opening for top gamers to product place deodorants and spot cream ,,,

It was a joke ...

ffs.... "

Sorry! I blame the hot weather. It has rendered me cantankerous and miserable.

over a year ago

It was a joke ...

ffs....

Sorry! I blame the hot weather. It has rendered me cantankerous and miserable. "

pmsl.....

over a year ago

"It's relaxing

It's stress relief

It's fun

It's exsiteing

And it lets you leeve the real world and be in a world of your choice for a fue hours "

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Because there is only so much mundane shite you can watch on the tv, although lucifer on prime is an exception

By *ucyfur77Woman
over a year ago

Pleasuretown

It can help unwind sometimes..

It's a form of art: design, music, character arc etc.

Other times, I just want to blast the hell out of some Nazi zombies

By *ndecidedMan
over a year ago

London

The chance to become someone exciting and heroic for a while.....like wearing a mask and appearing in a Greedy Girls bukake video on Xhamster!!

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"It can help unwind sometimes..

It's a form of art: design, music, character arc etc.

Other times, I just want to blast the hell out of some Nazi zombies "

Is that the new traffic warden game ?

over a year ago

Because there is only so much mundane shite you can watch on the tv, although lucifer on prime is an exception "

Dear me do I need to tell you everything.... Sam you don't have to watch the telly its not compulsory .......

Spend some time reading your comics or playing with your action figures ......... sheesh

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple
over a year ago

Basingstoke

Spoken language has been around a lot longer than written language. We are therefore preconditioned to like stories. Good games are good stories, just like films, books and music.

By *otlips2000Man
over a year ago

swadlincote

In the past I've played a lot of games

WOW was good in the beginning but I think it went a bit over the top later on

I'm now into simulation games farming and construction mainly it means I can do what I want to do run a farm build a industrial estate at my own pace love it

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

"action figures"

They are NOT action figures, they are articulated adult collectables!

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

Why does it amaze you?

Legit reply yes"

If games are just for children....

Then y are Thar games with a age restrkshouns of 18 ?

Meening onley 18 and over can play it.

over a year ago

"action figures

They are NOT action figures, they are articulated adult collectables! "

I bet you've got a lightsaber haven't you ...

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

Because there is only so much mundane shite you can watch on the tv, although lucifer on prime is an exception

Dear me do I need to tell you everything.... Sam you don't have to watch the telly its not compulsory .......

Spend some time reading your comics or playing with your action figures ......... sheesh "

Are you stalking me today soxy ? to be fair I'm one of life's don't rely on tv kinda guys although a good vintage comic does make me chuckle.

over a year ago

Spend some time reading your comics or playing with your action figures ......... sheesh

Are you stalking me today soxy ? to be fair I'm one of life's don't rely on tv kinda guys although a good vintage comic does make me chuckle. "

No Sam I'm not stalking you ..... you have a ever-present place on my wall of victims

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

"action figures

I bet you've got a lightsaber haven't you ... "

Surprisingly... no!

(might have a Finn the Human sword from Adventure Time though, maybe)

over a year ago

"action figures

Surprisingly... no!

(might have a Finn the Human sword from Adventure Time though, maybe)"

hmmmmmmm

By *ndecidedMan
over a year ago

London

"action figures

"

No he's just pleased to see you!!

I'll get my coat

By *b coupleCouple
over a year ago

southampton

"Same as reading a book, playing sport, TV, movies, drink, parties, fishing, theatre, musicals etc etc

Entertainment."

over a year ago

"action figures

No he's just pleased to see you!!

I'll get my coat"

But hey ,,,,,,, can you write/spell the noise a lightsaber makes....

My best attempt is wern-wern-wern

over a year ago

"Back in the day I was that cool guy who chatted with lasses while the mullet headed lads in our company huddled around the pub table-top space-invaders,,,

Ya get me.... "

The geek shall inherit the earth.

over a year ago

"Back in the day I was that cool guy who chatted with lasses while the mullet headed lads in our company huddled around the pub table-top space-invaders,,,

Ya get me....

The geek shall inherit the earth. "

Middle earth

over a year ago

Nothing was better than back in the early 2000s playing GTA 3, hijacking a car then proceeding to find a prostitute. Go somewhere quiet, watch the car rocking for 10 second.

Did anyone else kill her after she got out and collect your money back

Ahhh good times

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

"Nothing was better than back in the early 2000s playing GTA 3, hijacking a car then proceeding to find a prostitute. Go somewhere quiet, watch the car rocking for 10 second.

Did anyone else kill her after she got out and collect your money back

Ahhh good times "

I thort that wos G.T.A sanadrayous on ps2

over a year ago

Ya get me....

The geek shall inherit the earth.

Middle earth "

Fine by me. I live in Newcastle, may as well already be in Middle Earth.

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

takes my mind off the shitty life I lead

over a year ago

"What the hell do you see in it,,,, takes my mind off the shitty life I lead "

Awwwwww that's so sad

over a year ago

Gaming is getting very disabled friendly. They have started adding better control features to games, so those who suffer with problems with their hands ie.. cerebral palsy can play games they love.

I was on the BBC news feed..... "

Thanksn I'll have a gander at that!

over a year ago

I find it relaxing and a great release, especially after a hard day at work

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

ive played a mixture online and offline

wot i like due too 15 min battle but its great fun shooting the other tank and destroying it

daughters got the same she swears like a trooper and screams at it whilst playing the game

i tend to also head for need for speed or tombraider games

but daughter just nagged for monkey balls to play so that wii is now getting softmoded just as much as ive done the ps2

shes playing ds at moment as also modded

Post new Message to Thread