Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Family Parties

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Has anyone ever been to a party of a family relative that you didn't want to go to and felt glad to finally leave after so many hours?

I have. Many times. I'm not being disrespectful to my relatives or anything like that but it's just the family parties I've been to in the past were so boring. The music were crap. The food were crap. There were people there that I hardly know.

When me and the family go to these parties, me, Mum and my brother would sit down at a table somewhere after saying hello while dad chat's with everyone. We would be so bored, we couldn't wait to finally get out there.

Sorry if this makes me sound like a miserable sod. I do love parties as much as anyone as long as they are parties worth going to with good music and food.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Family parties for me aren't about the food and music, they're about seeing family members. And for that reason I like them. I like catching up with relatives I haven't seen for a while so I don't understand where you are coming from at all.

over a year ago

"Family parties for me aren't about the food and music, they're about seeing family members. And for that reason I like them. I like catching up with relatives I haven't seen for a while so I don't understand where you are coming from at all. "

Why I don't like going is because I hardly know anyone at these family parties

over a year ago

"

Sorry if this makes me sound like a miserable sod. I do love parties as much as anyone as long as they are parties worth going to with good music and food."

Awww .....You don't need to apologise for sounding like a miserable sod ....

over a year ago

"Family parties for me aren't about the food and music, they're about seeing family members. And for that reason I like them. I like catching up with relatives I haven't seen for a while so I don't understand where you are coming from at all.

Why I don't like going is because I hardly know anyone at these family parties"

Surely that's a chance to get to know them? I don't see my relatives very often at all so don't know them very well but it's always interesting to find out a bit about them I think. Well it is for me anyway.

By *axandbooCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Set an alarm with your ring tone, it goes off and "oh ok, i will make my way in now...sorry got to go, work emergency" if you want to be polite

If not

"Im outta here"

Boo x

over a year ago

I get you OP

I'm a miserable sod to and now I only make guest appearances at family events - 2hrs max!

I like them so much more this way

over a year ago

"Set an alarm with your ring tone, it goes off and "oh ok, i will make my way in now...sorry got to go, work emergency" if you want to be polite

If not

"Im outta here"

Boo x"

Me and the family did come up with some excuse to get out of an anniversary party we went to a few years back. I can't remember what it was but it did get us out of there lol

over a year ago

Miserable sod

I know exactly how you feel, I end up at all hubbys family parties without him! Its hard work.

over a year ago

"I get you OP

I'm a miserable sod to and now I only make guest appearances at family events - 2hrs max!

I like them so much more this way "

Good idea. My ideal party is an adults only party with good tunes, great food and drink and plenty of ladies to mingle with lol

over a year ago

"Miserable sod

I know exactly how you feel, I end up at all hubbys family parties without him! Its hard work. "

Aww I bet it is

Post new Message to Thread