Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How the tables turn

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Isn't it funny how when at school the people who were in the "popular" group thought they were something special but later in life they haven't amounted to much and now act as they've been friends with you for years. I wasn't in in the popular group but I wasn't in the nerdy group either. I just had my group of mates and that was it. The popular people would always be in the lime light and loved all the attention and sometimes bullied others or they were happy to laugh on others expense.

After school/college I went to university and made new friends and now I'm working I've made more friends but still in regular contact with university mates. If was back at school I'd be classed as the being in the popular crowd but I don't like to have that label as I always thought it was ridiculous back at school and although I'm the life and soul of the party now I try not to draw attention to myself purely because at school the "popular" individuals did this and it was so cringeable.

Over the weekend I was out with the lads and we had a few beers in the local and it just so happened two guys who used to be popular were they and they spotted me and the crowd I was with. They came over and acted as if I was their best mate but we'd never even had one conversation back at school, over 15 years ago. One of them said he'd heard I was doing well for myself etc so that's when I thought hmmm so that's why he's talking to me. Later on Saturday after a few drinks at the local me and my mates went up town and weirdly to just so happened that a couple more popular people from school were in the same bar me and my mates were in and they again acted as if we'd be mates all them years ago but back then they couldn't give me the time of day. As me and my mates walked to the bar we were getting the drinks in and there was a big presence at the bar from us all and the "popular" individuals from all them years ago didn't look too happy at all, to which one of the guys said to me "heard you're doing alright for yourself, the least you could do is buy you're old mate a beer". My reply "I have no idea who you are pal". His face was priceless and red faced in front his little fan club lol.

It's only after this that I've realised that all those people back all them years ago were like that as they weren't secure about themselves. A massive eye opener all within the space of a few hours on Saturday. Has anyone else experienced this? I must say it's an amazing feeling and I'm not even going to deny it lol.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Maybe they've just grown up?

I've met people from school I wasn't particularly friendly with in later life and managed to have a perfectly civil and adult conversation with.

Reading this 'cold' it seems like a little smug self-satisfaction that you feel you've done ok for yourself and they haven't (or so you say).

over a year ago

I tell you what is weird is bumping into boys you were in school with when you're in work and by work I mean when I worked as a prison custody officer in a cat B all male prison!

Still have the, ahh fucking hell alright love, ahh can you get me some spice or a phone or something. Cheeky buggers!

I was in the popular group but also was in the hockey team and also was 2nd dan black belt in kickboxing by 15 and known for being a bit of a mad head throughout my school and the other schools but I never bullied anyone, was always the one that people came to if any girls were being bullied or picked on or if I ever saw anyone having shit I'd make myself get involved.

over a year ago

"Maybe they've just grown up?

I've met people from school I wasn't particularly friendly with in later life and managed to have a perfectly civil and adult conversation with.

Reading this 'cold' it seems like a little smug self-satisfaction that you feel you've done ok for yourself and they haven't (or so you say).

"

Not smug at all. I've worked hard and always have done. I know two of the guys I bumped into this weekend have done a bit of time for various crimes and one other guy has 2 kids by different women and is more than happy to claim benefits...that's just 3 guys out of the 6 I saw this weekend.

over a year ago

"I tell you what is weird is bumping into boys you were in school with when you're in work and by work I mean when I worked as a prison custody officer in a cat B all male prison!

Still have the, ahh fucking hell alright love, ahh can you get me some spice or a phone or something. Cheeky buggers!

I was in the popular group but also was in the hockey team and also was 2nd dan black belt in kickboxing by 15 and known for being a bit of a mad head throughout my school and the other schools but I never bullied anyone, was always the one that people came to if any girls were being bullied or picked on or if I ever saw anyone having shit I'd make myself get involved.

"

Now that would be weird haha

over a year ago

Maybe it was your perception of who was popular? You were all adolescents and times change. I'd not hold any grudges from the playground!

over a year ago

" Maybe it was your perception of who was popular? You were all adolescents and times change. I'd not hold any grudges from the playground!"

Fair point. It just so seemed that the "bad boys and bad girls" in my school days were all popular. Smoking at lunch, causing trouble and getting sent out the class etc

over a year ago

" Maybe it was your perception of who was popular? You were all adolescents and times change. I'd not hold any grudges from the playground!

Fair point. It just so seemed that the "bad boys and bad girls" in my school days were all popular. Smoking at lunch, causing trouble and getting sent out the class etc"

Yeah I'd say I was one of those, still done well in my exams and had a job keeping the real bad boys in check

over a year ago

" Maybe it was your perception of who was popular? You were all adolescents and times change. I'd not hold any grudges from the playground!"

This is what I was thinking. We had different groups of friends, of whom I would mingle with at different times; I don't recall any of them being the popular crowd.

over a year ago

"Isn't it funny how when at school the people who were in the "popular" group thought they were something special but later in life they haven't amounted to much and now act as they've been friends with you for years. I wasn't in in the popular group but I wasn't in the nerdy group either. I just had my group of mates and that was it. The popular people would always be in the lime light and loved all the attention and sometimes bullied others or they were happy to laugh on others expense.

After school/college I went to university and made new friends and now I'm working I've made more friends but still in regular contact with university mates. If was back at school I'd be classed as the being in the popular crowd but I don't like to have that label as I always thought it was ridiculous back at school and although I'm the life and soul of the party now I try not to draw attention to myself purely because at school the "popular" individuals did this and it was so cringeable.

Over the weekend I was out with the lads and we had a few beers in the local and it just so happened two guys who used to be popular were they and they spotted me and the crowd I was with. They came over and acted as if I was their best mate but we'd never even had one conversation back at school, over 15 years ago. One of them said he'd heard I was doing well for myself etc so that's when I thought hmmm so that's why he's talking to me. Later on Saturday after a few drinks at the local me and my mates went up town and weirdly to just so happened that a couple more popular people from school were in the same bar me and my mates were in and they again acted as if we'd be mates all them years ago but back then they couldn't give me the time of day. As me and my mates walked to the bar we were getting the drinks in and there was a big presence at the bar from us all and the "popular" individuals from all them years ago didn't look too happy at all, to which one of the guys said to me "heard you're doing alright for yourself, the least you could do is buy you're old mate a beer". My reply "I have no idea who you are pal". His face was priceless and red faced in front his little fan club lol.

It's only after this that I've realised that all those people back all them years ago were like that as they weren't secure about themselves. A massive eye opener all within the space of a few hours on Saturday. Has anyone else experienced this? I must say it's an amazing feeling and I'm not even going to deny it lol."

You're obviously very happy and successful 16+years on. Well done.

Enjoy your moment of triumph.

I take it you ordered a round of bitters for your new pals or was it just a large one for yourself

over a year ago

"Isn't it funny how when at school the people who were in the "popular" group thought they were something special but later in life they haven't amounted to much and now act as they've been friends with you for years. I wasn't in in the popular group but I wasn't in the nerdy group either. I just had my group of mates and that was it. The popular people would always be in the lime light and loved all the attention and sometimes bullied others or they were happy to laugh on others expense.

It's only after this that I've realised that all those people back all them years ago were like that as they weren't secure about themselves. A massive eye opener all within the space of a few hours on Saturday. Has anyone else experienced this? I must say it's an amazing feeling and I'm not even going to deny it lol.

You're obviously very happy and successful 16+years on. Well done.

Enjoy your moment of triumph.

I take it you ordered a round of bitters for your new pals or was it just a large one for yourself "

No no, as always I get my rounds in. Wasn't bitter though lol. Whiskey and lemonade

over a year ago

Old school friends don't always turn out to be the way you expect at all. I was trouble at school and so were a few of my friends and we gave the teachers hell. One of them was a very successful (depending on your opinion) banker, one an international film director, another a brilliant musician, another a foreign correspondent in war zones. The really nice thing about catching up with them after years is how supportive everyone has been - the war correspondent was miserable and lots of people from our old school helped him out and pulled him through it, and everyone still seems to be there for each other. Our school was monastic and I suppose it bonded us all together

over a year ago

"Old school friends don't always turn out to be the way you expect at all. I was trouble at school and so were a few of my friends and we gave the teachers hell. One of them was a very successful (depending on your opinion) banker, one an international film director, another a brilliant musician, another a foreign correspondent in war zones. The really nice thing about catching up with them after years is how supportive everyone has been - the war correspondent was miserable and lots of people from our old school helped him out and pulled him through it, and everyone still seems to be there for each other. Our school was monastic and I suppose it bonded us all together "

That's a fair point. I'm just going off my first hand experience and what I've seen and heard from people I know. It seems to follow a similar pattern from where I'm standing.

over a year ago

Not smug at all. I've worked hard and always have done. I know two of the guys I bumped into this weekend have done a bit of time for various crimes and one other guy has 2 kids by different women and is more than happy to claim benefits...that's just 3 guys out of the 6 I saw this weekend."

Two children to different woman and claims benefits, shock horror so by default this makes them scum in your eyes?

over a year ago

Well done OP.

I was never popular at school as I was shy and pretty much a good pupil. There were the bullies and those loud mouthed individuals or those trendy pretty girls who had alot of followers. I saw one of those pretty girls recently in the supermarket the other day and how the mighty have fallen. She looked hideous but to be fair she might have thought the same of me. We didn't speak but glanced at each other. I felt rather smug as I knew I looked better than her.

I've also done ok for myself and work hard. Some of Those girls who were popular are looking worse for wear.

over a year ago

"Well done OP.

I was never popular at school as I was shy and pretty much a good pupil. There were the bullies and those loud mouthed individuals or those trendy pretty girls who had alot of followers. I saw one of those pretty girls recently in the supermarket the other day and how the mighty have fallen. She looked hideous but to be fair she might have thought the same of me. We didn't speak but glanced at each other. I felt rather smug as I knew I looked better than her.

I've also done ok for myself and work hard. Some of Those girls who were popular are looking worse for wear.

"

Exactly, how the mighty have fallen. Good for you that you're doing well for yourself. What makes my story a little more interesting is that I was the only Indian in my school of 1300 students and that was one reason why I wasn't in the popular crowd. I never suffered any racism but always was treated differently.

over a year ago

Not smug at all. I've worked hard and always have done. I know two of the guys I bumped into this weekend have done a bit of time for various crimes and one other guy has 2 kids by different women and is more than happy to claim benefits...that's just 3 guys out of the 6 I saw this weekend.

Two children to different woman and claims benefits, shock horror so by default this makes them scum in your eyes? "

Hmm putting words into my mouth there are you?

By *ubSirVient-DefinitionCouple
over a year ago

dukinfield

I was filling the Bentley Flying spur (one of the cars i dive at work) when low and behold my old deputy headmaster (who hated me) pulled in the next pump in his battered 408 diesel. He looked over then recognised me, he said " oh hello Mr *******" and I said "oh hello sir" (don't know why we still do this with our teachers 20 years after leaving school )

He said "eh a Bentley? Somebody's done alright for them selves" so I said "yeah! And you said I'd never amount to anything eh" replaced the nozzle and walked off.

Yeah alright the cars not mine but I still get to drive them.everyday and best thing is i dont have to pay 150000 quid for it. I dont even have to pay for the fuel i use lol plus i did alright after leaving school anyway but felt mint to shut the fucker up!!

AJ

over a year ago

"I was filling the Bentley Flying spur (one of the cars i dive at work) when low and behold my old deputy headmaster (who hated me) pulled in the next pump in his battered 408 diesel. He looked over then recognised me, he said " oh hello Mr *******" and I said "oh hello sir" (don't know why we still do this with our teachers 20 years after leaving school )

He said "eh a Bentley? Somebody's done alright for them selves" so I said "yeah! And you said I'd never amount to anything eh" replaced the nozzle and walked off.

Yeah alright the cars not mine but I still get to drive them.everyday and best thing is i dont have to pay 150000 quid for it. I dont even have to pay for the fuel i use lol plus i did alright after leaving school anyway but felt mint to shut the fucker up!!

AJ "

But are you doing well or did you just feel smug saying that to your old headteacher?

over a year ago

"I was filling the Bentley Flying spur (one of the cars i dive at work) when low and behold my old deputy headmaster (who hated me) pulled in the next pump in his battered 408 diesel. He looked over then recognised me, he said " oh hello Mr *******" and I said "oh hello sir" (don't know why we still do this with our teachers 20 years after leaving school )

AJ "

Haha, fair play to you pal. I just love that feeling. Had the same on Saturday night when the cheeky fucker asked for a drink and I looked at him as if to say "and you are?" only for him to bed red faced and walk off with his tail between his legs looking rather embarrassed and small.

By *ild_oatsMan
over a year ago

the land of saints & sinners

It's only after this that I've realised that all those people back all them years ago were like that as they weren't secure about themselves. A massive eye opener all within the space of a few hours on Saturday. Has anyone else experienced this? I must say it's an amazing feeling and I'm not even going to deny it lol."

None of this is actually surprising...

As the cool kids tend to be come losers later on..

Might be worth reading this...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/cool-kids-can-go-on-to-become-losers-in-later-life-study-finds-10432348.html%3Famp

By *ubSirVient-DefinitionCouple
over a year ago

dukinfield

AJ

But are you doing well or did you just feel smug saying that to your old headteacher?

"

I'm doing fine.

over a year ago

None of this is actually surprising...

As the cool kids tend to be come losers later on..

Might be worth reading this...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/cool-kids-can-go-on-to-become-losers-in-later-life-study-finds-10432348.html%3Famp

"

Totally agree with that article mate. The "popular" kids used to go school with have been involved in all sorts after school, most of which is not to be proud about. One girl I used to know of at school, she was a bit of a loner, studied hard and performed well in exams etc. I saw her about about 5 years back, she's an absolute stunner now, has a really good job and is surrounded by people who want to be around her and good for her I say.

over a year ago

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences. Would be good to hear more stories if anyone else has been through this or similar.

over a year ago

I had something similar a couple of years back. I'll add the caveat that I don't have a stellar career, but I am happy and confident in myself, which is the complete opposite of what I was when I was at senior school.

Out of the blue I received an email from a guy I was at school with. Only he'd spent two years making me thoroughly miserable bullying me and was one of the main reasons I changed school when I went up to 6th form. It was just plain weird, made out somehow that we'd been good friends, he even had the gall to say how sad he felt when he heard my mum died shortly after I'd changed schools (he'd said some pretty awful things about my mum previously).

I couldn't even bring myself to reply. I genuinely didn't know if in his messed up mind he believed that the two years of hell he put me through was somehow friendly mucking around, or if he was trying to atone, or something else. I just didn't want to go back there.

over a year ago

"I had something similar a couple of years back. I'll add the caveat that I don't have a stellar career, but I am happy and confident in myself, which is the complete opposite of what I was when I was at senior school.

Out of the blue I received an email from a guy I was at school with. Only he'd spent two years making me thoroughly miserable bullying me and was one of the main reasons I changed school when I went up to 6th form. It was just plain weird, made out somehow that we'd been good friends, he even had the gall to say how sad he felt when he heard my mum died shortly after I'd changed schools (he'd said some pretty awful things about my mum previously).

I couldn't even bring myself to reply. I genuinely didn't know if in his messed up mind he believed that the two years of hell he put me through was somehow friendly mucking around, or if he was trying to atone, or something else. I just didn't want to go back there. "

Bless you pal. Sorry to hear about your mum. Hope you are doing ok now. People like that individual will one day learn the hard way. You carrying on doing as you're doing mate and don't worry yourself about low life's.

over a year ago

I can only speak for myself, but there's all sorts from the folks I went to school with. Some did well and some not so in later life. Some have passed away and some are larger than life now. I drifted away from them almost as soon as I finished school as I had good friendships away from it.

There are a few instances that are like you describe OP, but not many. I try and make sure that if I do encounter any of the people from my school years I treat them like I am meeting them for the first time. For the most part they are completely different individuals from all that time ago.

But I don't glory in someone being worse off than me. Neither do I get jealous of any success another has earned. We are what we make of ourselves for better or worse. And that goes for what is inside of us as much as what we put on show.

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

This thread makes me a bit sad.

There are people I went to school with who are no longer with us, some were awesome and have fallen into a way of life it'll be doubtful they can change.

Others have done as expected.

I'm not what I thought I would be but I'm generally happy with my life choices.

I wouldn't brag or show malice to someone who was perhaps twattish in school that isn't doing so well now and I should hope they would be the same.

over a year ago

"This thread makes me a bit sad.

There are people I went to school with who are no longer with us, some were awesome and have fallen into a way of life it'll be doubtful they can change.

I wouldn't brag or show malice to someone who was perhaps twattish in school that isn't doing so well now and I should hope they would be the same."

I agree with what you say but this isn't about being nasty to those who are not doing so well now, far from it. I'm just going from my experience over the weekend and finding that all these years on those who thought they were big shots back all them years ago have been brought down a peg or two and now want to act almost as friends with individuals who they wouldn't give the time of day to back at school. It doesn't work like that in my eyes.

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

I wouldn't brag or show malice to someone who was perhaps twattish in school that isn't doing so well now and I should hope they would be the same.

I agree with what you say but this isn't about being nasty to those who are not doing so well now, far from it. I'm just going from my experience over the weekend and finding that all these years on those who thought they were big shots back all them years ago have been brought down a peg or two and now want to act almost as friends with individuals who they wouldn't give the time of day to back at school. It doesn't work like that in my eyes.

"

You know how school works, it will always be that way. People having a persona to fit into a group that works for them

over a year ago

You know how school works, it will always be that way. People having a persona to fit into a group that works for them "

Fair point. I just think it's ridiculous that people act like that. Sickens me.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I went to a school reunion once and some of the lads I was friends with at school had aged beyond recognition which was quite satisfying.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I was an inbetweeny at school. I got on for the most with the "cool kids" though I never agreed with their actions a lot of the time. I stood up to them once on behalf of another student they were picking on and low and behold, I was now the object of their venom. That was a hard time for me, I barely attended my final year at school.

I always got on with the less popular kids too, I didn't care if they weren't wearing the latest fashion or anything, or whether they were smart, or had a hobby that was different to most. I respected that they dared to be different, and followed things they were passionate about.

Now... a few years ago I saw one of the girls who I admired at school on Facebook. I sent her a message saying how great it was that she seemed to be doing well, had followed her dreams and was now doing a job she seemed perfect for.

(A few of the kids took the piss out of her for doing ballet, but now she was working in a theatre company)

I was genuinely smiling from ear to ear. Until I got her reply.

She questioned how dare I contact her as I was one that made her life hell at school. Now... I thought so hard about any time I may have taken the piss, or bullied her. I could think of nothing, but that was my problem... doing nothing. I stood back and watched her get called names without speaking up and stepping in. It was only in my final year that I grew the balls to speak up, for a different student.

I could have made a difference and I chose to protect myself.

She was meek, I would have fought anyone as long as it was fair, but that's the thing, it never is. They hunt as a pack and until others unite and stand up to these groups, they will continue.

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple
over a year ago

Basingstoke

What you describe is a common phenomenon with state schools.

You'll also find a lot of the former 'hot' girls suddenly realised they always had a crush on you at school... just they never told you... or ever seemed to notice ot speak to you at the time. But they definately had a crush on you, even back then. The fact that you now have a car, house, reasonable income has nothing to do with it.

It's just a shame that they aren't hot anymore!

over a year ago

"

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"I was an inbetweeny at school. I got on for the most with the "cool kids" though I never agreed with their actions a lot of the time. I stood up to them once on behalf of another student they were picking on and low and behold, I was now the object of their venom. That was a hard time for me, I barely attended my final year at school.

I always got on with the less popular kids too, I didn't care if they weren't wearing the latest fashion or anything, or whether they were smart, or had a hobby that was different to most. I respected that they dared to be different, and followed things they were passionate about.

Now... a few years ago I saw one of the girls who I admired at school on Facebook. I sent her a message saying how great it was that she seemed to be doing well, had followed her dreams and was now doing a job she seemed perfect for.

(A few of the kids took the piss out of her for doing ballet, but now she was working in a theatre company)

She questioned how dare I contact her as I was one that made her life hell at school. Now... I thought so hard about any time I may have taken the piss, or bullied her. I could think of nothing, but that was my problem... doing nothing. I stood back and watched her get called names without speaking up and stepping in. It was only in my final year that I grew the balls to speak up, for a different student.

She was meek, I would have fought anyone as long as it was fair, but that's the thing, it never is. They hunt as a pack and until others unite and stand up to these groups, they will continue. "

Sounds like she has a victim complex to be honest. I always found that if you smack a bully in the face, then even if you take five punches back that day, they leave you alone tomorrow and go for an easier target.

over a year ago

Two children to different woman and claims benefits, shock horror so by default this makes them scum in your eyes? "

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"I was an inbetweeny at school. I got on for the most with the "cool kids" though I never agreed with their actions a lot of the time. I stood up to them once on behalf of another student they were picking on and low and behold, I was now the object of their venom. That was a hard time for me, I barely attended my final year at school.

She was meek, I would have fought anyone as long as it was fair, but that's the thing, it never is. They hunt as a pack and until others unite and stand up to these groups, they will continue.

Sounds like she has a victim complex to be honest. I always found that if you smack a bully in the face, then even if you take five punches back that day, they leave you alone tomorrow and go for an easier target. "

Oh ours didn't. There was no such thing as 1 on 1. There were 4 girls that lived a few houses apart. They were always together.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Lordy.

Apparently the OP is 33 years of age.

over a year ago

"Lordy.

Apparently the OP is 33 years of age. "

I am 33, thanks for noticing

over a year ago

Basingstoke

Sounds like she has a victim complex to be honest. I always found that if you smack a bully in the face, then even if you take five punches back that day, they leave you alone tomorrow and go for an easier target.

Oh ours didn't. There was no such thing as 1 on 1. There were 4 girls that lived a few houses apart. They were always together. "

Hence why you take 5 punches for every one thrown.

over a year ago

I'm just giving my opinion of how I see it. I just know I wasn't in the popular crowd as I was the only Indian in my school. This isn't an assumption but a fact as many of my friends who I had at school said the same when we used to catch up for drinks etc. The point I am trying to make is that what's changed later in life that those people now want to know me and act as though we've been mates forever. I'm the same skin colour, I'm the same person and I've got the same morals and values.

over a year ago

#StayHumble

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"I'm just giving my opinion of how I see it. I just know I wasn't in the popular crowd as I was the only Indian in my school. This isn't an assumption but a fact as many of my friends who I had at school said the same when we used to catch up for drinks etc. The point I am trying to make is that what's changed later in life that those people now want to know me and act as though we've been mates forever. I'm the same skin colour, I'm the same person and I've got the same morals and values.

"

You're just getting a nice introduction to the inverse snobbery which is rife on fab. You'd get a different reaction if you made a thread about how shite your life was and could you have some pity please.

over a year ago

"I'm just giving my opinion of how I see it. I just know I wasn't in the popular crowd as I was the only Indian in my school. This isn't an assumption but a fact as many of my friends who I had at school said the same when we used to catch up for drinks etc. The point I am trying to make is that what's changed later in life that those people now want to know me and act as though we've been mates forever. I'm the same skin colour, I'm the same person and I've got the same morals and values.

You're just getting a nice introduction to the inverse snobbery which is rife on fab. You'd get a different reaction if you made a thread about how shite your life was and could you have some pity please. "

Lol that's so true. I wouldn't for one minute even contemplate doing that...I'm not one for attention.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
over a year ago

Someone has already said it, Maybe they have grown up, A lot it is down to their own family life as a child,

I was with a good group of people but in that group we had the ones who would always over step the mark, Be it with teachers other students or out of school hours, I don't see them often but even some of the quieter ones who you hardly seen turned out to be dicks later in life

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"Someone has already said it, Maybe they have grown up, A lot it is down to their own family life as a child,

I was with a good group of people but in that group we had the ones who would always over step the mark, Be it with teachers other students or out of school hours, I don't see them often but even some of the quieter ones who you hardly seen turned out to be dicks later in life"

Is part of growing up becoming over familiar with people!?

over a year ago

"Someone has already said it, Maybe they have grown up, A lot it is down to their own family life as a child,

I was with a good group of people but in that group we had the ones who would always over step the mark, Be it with teachers other students or out of school hours, I don't see them often but even some of the quieter ones who you hardly seen turned out to be dicks later in life

Is part of growing up becoming over familiar with people!? "

I'm not sure what you mean by that ?

All I was trying to say is people act differently when they grow up, Have a job have children, Responsibilities etc, Some people can see how they acted when they was younger was wrong and the so called quiet ones can still turn out to be dicks,

Oh and I am talking in general and not about anyone on here

over a year ago

Basingstoke

All I was trying to say is people act differently when they grow up, Have a job have children, Responsibilities etc, Some people can see how they acted when they was younger was wrong and the so called quiet ones can still turn out to be dicks,

Oh and I am talking in general and not about anyone on here "

I understand they may be nicer people now than they were at school, but that doesn't explain why they act like they were friends with the OP.

By *eesideMan
over a year ago

margate sumwear by the sea

I never made or had friends in school.

I wos allways the 1 that wos sat on the wall at the back of the play ground alown

over a year ago

Oh and I am talking in general and not about anyone on here

I understand they may be nicer people now than they were at school, but that doesn't explain why they act like they were friends with the OP. "

I wasn't trying to explain that, I was just making a comment, I think the op made his own mind up on why and to a point I agree with him

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Other people have no recollection of how YOU felt at school. Why should they? You were all kids.

As adults they have tried to speak to you.

Your post doesn't show you in a good light.

over a year ago

"I never made or had friends in school.

I wos allways the 1 that wos sat on the wall at the back of the play ground alown "

Bless you pal. As they say, it's the intelligent ones that have less friendships as they can afford to be selective with who they befriend.

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

Other people have no recollection of how YOU felt at school. Why should they? You were all kids.

Your post doesn't show you in a good light. "

You've taken "They came over and acted as if I was their best mate" and turned it into "tried to speak to you".

over a year ago

"

Your post doesn't show you in a good light. "

I wouldn't expect YOU to understand as YOU know nothing about me. But being picked last in playground football teams because of my colour, people not wanting to sit next to me because I'm Indian (apparently every Indian on earth smells), they knew what they were doing. Then one day...my parents decided to have a party for my birthday and so naturally I invited my friends, people who actually talked to me, and the popular kids felt left out. Why so? Would you invite people who don't talk to you or people who exclude you? No, course you wouldn't.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

She was meek, I would have fought anyone as long as it was fair, but that's the thing, it never is. They hunt as a pack and until others unite and stand up to these groups, they will continue. "

Thank goodness you are great now x

over a year ago

"

I thought the same. When teenagers feel pressure to fit in, have issues in their home life they can't escape, hormones going crazy etc...

Really, are any of us the same as when we were 15yrs old? Or perhaps have we matured a little...

I'd rather be kind. How much would it take out of me to make a little polite conversation?

If making someone feel small/ostracised when you're a teenager is wrong/hurtful... surely making someone feel that way when you're a grown adult, who should know better is worse?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

You've taken "They came over and acted as if I was their best mate" and turned it into "tried to speak to you". "

No. I said 'they tried to speak to you'.... which they did.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

I wouldn't expect YOU to understand as YOU know nothing about me. But being picked last in playground football teams because of my colour, people not wanting to sit next to me because I'm Indian (apparently every Indian on earth smells), they knew what they were doing. Then one day...my parents decided to have a party for my birthday and so naturally I invited my friends, people who actually talked to me, and the popular kids felt left out. Why so? Would you invite people who don't talk to you or people who exclude you? No, course you wouldn't."

Scuse me while I just get a look at your age. Back in a mo.

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

You've taken "They came over and acted as if I was their best mate" and turned it into "tried to speak to you".

No. I said 'they tried to speak to you'.... which they did."

They did considerably more than try to speak to him. Are you going to pretend you don't understand what being over familiar is?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

They did considerably more than try to speak to him. Are you going to pretend you don't understand what being over familiar is? "

No. Are you going to pretend you were there ?

over a year ago

"

They did considerably more than try to speak to him. Are you going to pretend you don't understand what being over familiar is? "

Thanks for showing your support. I wouldn't be surprised if Granny was like one of those individuals who I'm talking about.

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

They did considerably more than try to speak to him. Are you going to pretend you don't understand what being over familiar is?

No. Are you going to pretend you were there ? "

Just reading what was written rather than inserting phrases that weren't used.

over a year ago

"

All he said was

"which one of the guys said to me "heard you're doing alright for yourself, the least you could do is buy you're old mate a beer".

Its one side of the story, He might of been d*unk and being over friendly, Some people do that with strangers never mind someone they recognise from their past, Its not really a big issue is it ? The op dealt with it the way he felt was appropriate

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

[Removed by poster at 14/06/17 19:43:14]

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I literally give no thought to people I went to school with, and probably wouldn't recognise them if I bumped into them. If they want to act friendly that's fine by me, but I won't be adding them to Facebook any time soon.

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

All he said was

"which one of the guys said to me "heard you're doing alright for yourself, the least you could do is buy you're old mate a beer".

Its one side of the story, He might of been d*unk and being over friendly, Some people do that with strangers never mind someone they recognise from their past, Its not really a big issue is it ? The op dealt with it the way he felt was appropriate"

So if there person is being overly familiar then there's nothing that 'doesn't show the OP in a good light' then.

over a year ago

There were some horrible cunts at school; there always is. I'm lucky that they left me alone, but I know plenty of people who suffered by their hands. My ex husband and his brothers were bullies and had a reputation for being fighters. I found out when I was older how bad they were when I met an old friend of ours, who lived in the same street as them. He said they won't bully him now, he's not a kid any more.

I don't blame anyone for wishing ill will on a bully, regardless of what the bully was going through at home etc, some bullies just like the power and rewards bullying and threatening gets them.

over a year ago

"

All he said was

Its one side of the story, He might of been d*unk and being over friendly, Some people do that with strangers never mind someone they recognise from their past, Its not really a big issue is it ? The op dealt with it the way he felt was appropriate

So if there person is being overly familiar then there's nothing that 'doesn't show the OP in a good light' then. "

My husband was a cunt to people when he was young, right into his 20's. He will still approach those people and talk to them as if nothing happened, and not give a thought to what he did.

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"

All he said was

So if there person is being overly familiar then there's nothing that 'doesn't show the OP in a good light' then.

My husband was a cunt to people when he was young, right into his 20's. He will still approach those people and talk to them as if nothing happened, and not give a thought to what he did. "

Ok. If they choose to give him the cold shoulder then there's nothing wrong with doing so.

over a year ago

"

All he said was

My husband was a cunt to people when he was young, right into his 20's. He will still approach those people and talk to them as if nothing happened, and not give a thought to what he did. "

That's cool, that's your husbands decision which is fine but then he can expect to feel a numpty if he gets the cold shoulder of one of the people he's been a cunt to.

over a year ago

I thought the same. When teenagers feel pressure to fit in, have issues in their home life they can't escape, hormones going crazy etc...

Really, are any of us the same as when we were 15yrs old? Or perhaps have we matured a little...

I'd rather be kind. How much would it take out of me to make a little polite conversation?

If making someone feel small/ostracised when you're a teenager is wrong/hurtful... surely making someone feel that way when you're a grown adult, who should know better is worse?

"

If you were on the receiving end of what I endured then you would not be saying that. Each to their own though.

over a year ago

Reading the comments some individuals have left it seems as though some people just don't understand or refuse to understand. Ah well, I know what the point I was trying to make was.

over a year ago

AJ

Haha, fair play to you pal. I just love that feeling. Had the same on Saturday night when the cheeky fucker asked for a drink and I looked at him as if to say "and you are?" only for him to bed red faced and walk off with his tail between his legs looking rather embarrassed and small."

I don't think this paints you in a favourable light, to be honest. Just sounds like you have an enormous chip on your shoulder for feeling you were treated differently at school.

over a year ago

AJ

Haha, fair play to you pal. I just love that feeling. Had the same on Saturday night when the cheeky fucker asked for a drink and I looked at him as if to say "and you are?" only for him to bed red faced and walk off with his tail between his legs looking rather embarrassed and small.

I don't think this paints you in a favourable light, to be honest. Just sounds like you have an enormous chip on your shoulder for feeling you were treated differently at school."

Well not really. More of a case of being discriminated against because I was different to the other 1299 students in my school.

over a year ago

AJ

I don't think this paints you in a favourable light, to be honest. Just sounds like you have an enormous chip on your shoulder for feeling you were treated differently at school.

Well not really. More of a case of being discriminated against because I was different to the other 1299 students in my school.

"

And that excuses your gloating on here? Aren't you as bad 16 years on in trying to prove a point? x

over a year ago

AJ

And that excuses your gloating on here? Aren't you as bad 16 years on in trying to prove a point? x"

Not proving a point, more of an observation which I made a couple of weeks ago and just in the same way as how people post on forums here I did the same. It's not gloating, more raising the point and asking if others have experienced the same.

over a year ago

AJ

And that excuses your gloating on here? Aren't you as bad 16 years on in trying to prove a point? x"

Nothing wrong with a bit of gloating. Sticking two fingers up to cunts who made your life a misery must be very satisfying.

over a year ago

AJ

And that excuses your gloating on here? Aren't you as bad 16 years on in trying to prove a point? x

Nothing wrong with a bit of gloating. Sticking two fingers up to cunts who made your life a misery must be very satisfying. "

Fair play mate. I wasn't actually doing that but if I did then serves them right and also I had reason to. Obviously it seems as though As Sweet As doesn't agree. Each to thier own thought. Nice to see someone else agrees with me

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

"Reading the comments some individuals have left it seems as though some people just don't understand or refuse to understand. Ah well, I know what the point I was trying to make was."

Maybe their from the 'popular' group? .

But I agree with one of the post above : it's all in the individual's perspective of who's popular and who's not.

I don't even bother...was very focussed when I was at school and U. Thanks to my tiger-mom and dad.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

"

But I agree with one of the post above : it's all in the individual's perspective of who's popular and who's not.

I don't even bother...was very focussed when I was at school and U. Thanks to my tiger-mom and dad. "

they're

over a year ago

"Reading the comments some individuals have left it seems as though some people just don't understand or refuse to understand. Ah well, I know what the point I was trying to make was.

I don't even bother...was very focussed when I was at school and U. Thanks to my tiger-mom and dad. "

True say. I know what I meant and there was no gloating or pride intended. I was just curious to hear if any other fabbers out there had experienced the same

over a year ago

I was a total shit when I was at school....

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

I remember bumping into a couple of the school bullies a couple of years after leaving school...

In that time I had shot up and was a foot taller than them.

I walked up behind them, put a hand on their shoulders and quietly said "alright lads?"

When they turned and saw me, their faces were priceless, they also went white as a sheet...

Amazing how polite and friendly they were...

over a year ago

Unfortunately op you didn't realise the swinging scene is where a lot of coolios wash up. They were conventionally good looking and cheeky and had little else going for them. Swinging finally levels the playing field for them. No more do they have to compete with intelligence, insight, earning power, creativity, vision, ambition, and originality. Here it's all about an ok bod and a cheeky wink.

We went to a club recently which was a bit cliquey. Being emboldened swingers now we asked if we could sit with an attractive group. It soon became clear the "cheeky" guys were taunting the "girly" women to take their tops off. Calling them names. Jeering at them. Whilst the women enjoyed the attention. With horror it suddenly dawned on us that we were right back at school again and these were adult coolios who simply hadn't grown up. This is what the swinging scene is for a lot of people and this kind of jibing is also what many on here mean by gsoh. It's why we're increasingly distancing ourselves from swinging.

In reality, as with your story op, nothing changes for these coolios. Still trying to bully their way into having a drink bought for them. Still trying to assert some kind of one upmanship. Their halcyon days were back at school and they struggle to maintain that world. The rest of us simply moved on and realised people who seek superiority through playground antics simply aren't superior in any way whatsoever. They're just not worth the bother of even bearing a grudge over op. Just avoid them

over a year ago

"I remember bumping into a couple of the school bullies a couple of years after leaving school...

In that time I had shot up and was a foot taller than them.

I walked up behind them, put a hand on their shoulders and quietly said "alright lads?"

When they turned and saw me, their faces were priceless, they also went white as a sheet...

Amazing how polite and friendly they were... "

Exactly. Haha, love it. Good for you pal.

over a year ago

"Unfortunately op you didn't realise the swinging scene is where a lot of coolios wash up. They were conventionally good looking and cheeky and had little else going for them. Swinging finally levels the playing field for them. No more do they have to compete with intelligence, insight, earning power, creativity, vision, ambition, and originality. Here it's all about an ok bod and a cheeky wink.

We went to a club recently which was a bit cliquey. Being emboldened swingers now we asked if we could sit with an attractive group. It soon became clear the "cheeky" guys were taunting the "girly" women to take their tops off. Calling them names. Jeering at them. Whilst the women enjoyed the attention. With horror it suddenly dawned on us that we were right back at school again and these were adult coolios who simply hadn't grown up. This is what the swinging scene is for a lot of people and this kind of jibing is also what many on here mean by gsoh. It's why we're increasingly distancing ourselves from swinging.

In reality, as with your story op, nothing changes for these coolios. Still trying to bully their way into having a drink bought for them. Still trying to assert some kind of one upmanship. Their halcyon days were back at school and they struggle to maintain that world. The rest of us simply moved on and realised people who seek superiority through playground antics simply aren't superior in any way whatsoever. They're just not worth the bother of even bearing a grudge over op. Just avoid them "

So refreshing to hear that you are level pegging on my thoughts. A lot of people have said "oh well maybe they've just grown up" but these types of people don't grow up. They bully thier way through life and as much as I hate to say it, when they have a blast from thier past they deserve it. Similarly with the previous person, I was short at school and aged 18 I shot up. Now when I was out with mates on said night there was a big presence of us at the bar being 7 or 8 of us and all of us being over 6 foot tall. These so called popular lads looked and felt small and pathetic through no fault of mine. And with regards to doing well...that's through my hard work and knuckling down. If the shoe was on the other foot and I asked them to buy me a drink does anyone think they would have? Course they wouldn't have. It's good to hear others have the same thoughts as me. Thanks guys.

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"Unfortunately op you didn't realise the swinging scene is where a lot of coolios wash up. They were conventionally good looking and cheeky and had little else going for them. Swinging finally levels the playing field for them. No more do they have to compete with intelligence, insight, earning power, creativity, vision, ambition, and originality. Here it's all about an ok bod and a cheeky wink.

In reality, as with your story op, nothing changes for these coolios. Still trying to bully their way into having a drink bought for them. Still trying to assert some kind of one upmanship. Their halcyon days were back at school and they struggle to maintain that world. The rest of us simply moved on and realised people who seek superiority through playground antics simply aren't superior in any way whatsoever. They're just not worth the bother of even bearing a grudge over op. Just avoid them "

Still living with their parents and collecting pocket money in many cases. Unfortunately for them, womens preferences change dramatically once they get into the real world and start wanting to provide for offspring.

over a year ago

In reality, as with your story op, nothing changes for these coolios. Still trying to bully their way into having a drink bought for them. Still trying to assert some kind of one upmanship. Their halcyon days were back at school and they struggle to maintain that world. The rest of us simply moved on and realised people who seek superiority through playground antics simply aren't superior in any way whatsoever. They're just not worth the bother of even bearing a grudge over op. Just avoid them

Still living with their parents and collecting pocket money in many cases. Unfortunately for them, womens preferences change dramatically once they get into the real world and start wanting to provide for offspring. "

Haha so true. Funny you say that because a lot of (not all) the popular girls who liked the bad lads back at school are in solid relationships with guys who they really wouldn't have given the time of day to back during school. Saying that, there's a few who still think they are back at school and haven't grown up at all. I have nothing to do with anyone from school apart from two mates who I catch up with a few times a year and they tell me.

over a year ago

Basingstoke

Still living with their parents and collecting pocket money in many cases. Unfortunately for them, womens preferences change dramatically once they get into the real world and start wanting to provide for offspring.

Haha so true. Funny you say that because a lot of (not all) the popular girls who liked the bad lads back at school are in solid relationships with guys who they really wouldn't have given the time of day to back during school. Saying that, there's a few who still think they are back at school and haven't grown up at all. I have nothing to do with anyone from school apart from two mates who I catch up with a few times a year and they tell me."

90% of 15 year old girls like guys who are "funny and laid back".

Then they grow up, realise how much a 4 bedroom semi detached house costs and then 90% of 25 year old women like guys who are "ambitious and intelligent" (read: able to afford a 4 bedroom house).

over a year ago

Haha so true. Funny you say that because a lot of (not all) the popular girls who liked the bad lads back at school are in solid relationships with guys who they really wouldn't have given the time of day to back during school. Saying that, there's a few who still think they are back at school and haven't grown up at all. I have nothing to do with anyone from school apart from two mates who I catch up with a few times a year and they tell me.

90% of 15 year old girls like guys who are "funny and laid back".

Then they grow up, realise how much a 4 bedroom semi detached house costs and then 90% of 25 year old women like guys who are "ambitious and intelligent" (read: able to afford a 4 bedroom house). "

Hit the nail on the head!

over a year ago

"I was a total shit when I was at school.... "

Bet you've changed for the better now mate

over a year ago

As I tell my kids, it doesn't matter who's popular at school. Chances are that you will see very few, or even none, of them in later life.

I (Mr) and in contact with precisely one person from my school days and it just happens that we were always friends from very early on.

over a year ago

"As I tell my kids, it doesn't matter who's popular at school. Chances are that you will see very few, or even none, of them in later life.

I (Mr) and in contact with precisely one person from my school days and it just happens that we were always friends from very early on."

Exactly pal. Love what you've said. Me and the one person I'm still in touch with have been friends since we were 4

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"As I tell my kids, it doesn't matter who's popular at school. Chances are that you will see very few, or even none, of them in later life.

I (Mr) and in contact with precisely one person from my school days and it just happens that we were always friends from very early on.

Exactly pal. Love what you've said. Me and the one person I'm still in touch with have been friends since we were 4"

I have 3 close friends from school which is about 50% of my close friends group. But they weren't cunts at school...

over a year ago

Exactly pal. Love what you've said. Me and the one person I'm still in touch with have been friends since we were 4

I have 3 close friends from school which is about 50% of my close friends group. But they weren't cunts at school..."

Lol. Glad you're still in touch with some of the good people from your school

over a year ago

"#StayHumble "

I agree mate, but sometimes its difficult to.

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"#StayHumble

I agree mate, but sometimes its difficult to. "

Some people have a lot to be humble about

over a year ago

"#StayHumble

Some people have a lot to be humble about "

So true. During difficult times it's difficult but loved good so I can't complain. But apparently I can't say that on here as people will think I'm being smug

over a year ago

Basingstoke

"#StayHumble

So true. During difficult times it's difficult but loved good so I can't complain. But apparently I can't say that on here as people will think I'm being smug "

As Kid Rock said "it ain't bragging if you back it up". I hate the British hatred of success and love of good pity story. No wonder nothing gets done in this country and they need decimal places to measure the economic growth.

over a year ago

"#StayHumble

So true. During difficult times it's difficult but loved good so I can't complain. But apparently I can't say that on here as people will think I'm being smug

As Kid Rock said "it ain't bragging if you back it up". I hate the British hatred of success and love of good pity story. No wonder nothing gets done in this country and they need decimal places to measure the economic growth. "

You're brilliant. Bang on with that quote. Yeah for some reason we (the British) hate others doing well. I've been to some places across the world and admittedly a lot of people say I'm a closed book but when I do open up they can't get enough of the success and then push you to be even more successful. It seems here, people don't like to see others work thier way up. Even more reason to strive to be the best at what you do

By *andy.dandyMan
over a year ago

Oadby

Fair play to you mate. Please like those you've described need to brought down a peg or two. Good luck to you bud. You sound as though you're doing well

Post new Message to Thread