Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Old pics

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So recently had a meet and she didn't look anything like her pics. They was clearly a few years old. All the pics I display are taken on the day I upload. Has anyone had a similar experience??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *illupMan
over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

Yes frequently

By *anky_PankyWoman
over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

Sadly yes. Yet another reason I regularly update my pics

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My pics I always update monthly,still just as bad though

over a year ago

Regardless of pics and verification on a profile my meets are only if we see each other via video format

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Yes, we have. It's very disappointing.

over a year ago

Never in recent years.

Got burned years ago meeting someone off Badoo, who looked like a much less attractive version of his pics.

I do my due diligence now and ask for real time shots these days. Everyone I now meet I've either found them on Facebook, seen them on Snapchat, or I've had an instant pic taken especially for me via WhatsApp.

Luckily I've been pleasantly surprised each time.

over a year ago

Nothing worse than a disappointment on meet due to old pics some on here are 2 years plus xx sad

over a year ago

Yes it seems a shame people use pictures of there former selves to advertise for meetings. With me what you see is what you get. Shame it doesn't apply to everyone

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"So recently had a meet and she didn't look anything like her pics. They was clearly a few years old. All the pics I display are taken on the day I upload. Has anyone had a similar experience??"

I've got some old pics but mainly for memories of meets. I don't think my face or body has changed much in a year since this one was taken. Actually, it's slightly more toned I think.

over a year ago

My June pics were posted the day I took them.

My Feb pics were added after I rejoined the site and were from my old profile but are no more than 18 months or so old (except the magic eye which was new in February).

Before I UNLOSed they had the correct date stamp.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Nothing worse than a disappointment on meet due to old pics some on here are 2 years plus xx sad "

One of ours is about 5 years old I think. We have recent ones too and its clear from the dates. I don't think the extra 8 stone I've put on makes that much difference

over a year ago

Yes

over a year ago

"Sadly yes. Yet another reason I regularly update my pics "

Nothing to do with loving taking pics of yourself and posting them on the internet shamelessly attention seeking in a self indulgent way?

Yeah. Me too

By *uck.Squeeze.Bang.BlowCouple
over a year ago

nottingham

We have pics on here that are 5 years old but try to add new ones regularly. We like to have a group chat with all involved for a little while before a meet and there are usually instant pics shared on there before we meet.

We have yet to meet anyone and be disappointed but I'm sure there is always a 1st time xx

over a year ago

Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with old pics but if that's all you display and your body type has changed considerably then why not use current pictures

over a year ago

Yup, sadly this has happened to me.

Most of my pics are fairly recent but as a chatroom user I'm often on cam so people can see me.

Works the other way too, I've also been pleasantly surprised when meeting some in person as their pics/cam don't do them justice..

By *uck.Squeeze.Bang.BlowCouple
over a year ago

nottingham

"Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with old pics but if that's all you display and your body type has changed considerably then why not use current pictures "

This is very true as we have had a daughter since our early pics so have both put on some weight, but really like the old pic and feel they still offer a clue as to what we look like. And how smiley we (Mrs more so) are lol

over a year ago

old pics are ok if youve not altered but if you turn up and look nothing like well then thats a different matter- in my friends pics there are a few faves from old profiles but mostly the public ones are very recent - people who have met me say i give out a good likeness in reality - that'll do me

over a year ago

go on cam before,,simples

over a year ago

Happened once on M*TCH, to the point the person actually stood in front of me and I had zero clue who they were until they said their name.

Cue a heated debate about being catfished and me storming off in a huff, mostly because I didn't get to eat the steak I was looking forward to all day

By *londie8399Couple
over a year ago

blackpool

We jad a meet loke this wuite disheartened at the time

over a year ago

"go on cam before,,simples"

Agreed, whatsapp and kik both have this feature now

over a year ago

it happens a lot, that's why I update my pics regularly..

and my face pics too

By *eather_Loves_SexWoman
over a year ago

Halfway Between London and Brighton

"Yes it seems a shame people use pictures of there former selves to advertise for meetings. With me what you see is what you get. Shame it doesn't apply to everyone "
Simply ask them to send a live photo of themselves on Kik or snapchat or go on video? I used to be too trusting too, in general it's ok but sometimes you get burnt!

over a year ago

"Yes it seems a shame people use pictures of there former selves to advertise for meetings. With me what you see is what you get. Shame it doesn't apply to everyone Simply ask them to send a live photo of themselves on Kik or snapchat or go on video? I used to be too trusting too, in general it's ok but sometimes you get burnt! "

Haha I don't trust any fucker on the internet anymore!

In this day and age of such fantastic technology that we have, there is absolutely no reason on earth to be catfished, or to turn up to a meet and be disappointed.

You have to really question the motives of someone who turns up to a meet without verifying a person beforehand.

over a year ago

Just uploaded some taken today in friends x

over a year ago

As I look marginally better these days it would make no sense to use old ones ha

over a year ago

Yes, has happened twice to me. I'm very insistent on recent full face pics now. It's so frustrating when you are expecting "hot" but you are faced with pug fugly!

over a year ago

Good thread, reminds me to update mine, not because they're grossly out of date but because I've lost 3 stone...smug mode, oh yeah!

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

"Yes, has happened twice to me. I'm very insistent on recent full face pics now. It's so frustrating when you are expecting "hot" but you are faced with pug fugly! "
or the body is so good but the face not so much

over a year ago

Some horrors on here so always best to cam if you're planning a meet beforehand no reason not to really just cut's out any nonsense.

By *workoutMan
over a year ago

Cradley Heath

My pics show a bit of variance in my body, I don't always have the low levels of body fat seen in some of them as it's just not that healthy to maintain that long term.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Mine are all me, dates are real. What I look like without make up on or first thing in the morning is another story tho

By *workoutMan
over a year ago

Cradley Heath

"Mine are all me, dates are real. What I look like without make up on or first thing in the morning is another story tho "

I've seen you first thing in the morning, did it stop me?

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Yes, it's happened to me and you see people reloading old pics all the time - that's deceptive. All my public pics were taken on the dates loaded.

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Mine are all me, dates are real. What I look like without make up on or first thing in the morning is another story tho "

My current face pic is a first thing in the morning pic haha, my hair looks great then!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Mine are all me, dates are real. What I look like without make up on or first thing in the morning is another story tho

I've seen you first thing in the morning, did it stop me? "

No, but the heaving and crying afterwards hinted to me things weren't quite right.....

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

Our pics range from when P first joined up to one of our last meets. We're always happy to go in chat or Skype before arranging anything though.

By *igerlilycubWoman
over a year ago

Lancashire

Yes met alot of people who look nothing like their pics

over a year ago

"Some horrors on here so always best to cam if you're planning a meet beforehand no reason not to really just cut's out any nonsense. "

'Some horrors'

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

when i met younger guys i never had this problem at all.

i upped my age ranges and it does seem that older men are not pictorially representing themselves at their age they are now. very disappointing.

over a year ago

I like to show my face on cam too x

over a year ago

Both my face pics on my profile were both taken 6 weeks & 3 weeks ago.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"when i met younger guys i never had this problem at all.

i upped my age ranges and it does seem that older men are not pictorially representing themselves at their age they are now. very disappointing."

^^ Definitely agree with this

By *yldstyleWoman
over a year ago

A world of my own

Mine are all recent often on the day. However I reckon I could still be done for false advertising if someone ran into me in Tesco!

over a year ago

Yeah can be frustrating when meet & person looks nothing like their pics now when we get to point of swapping numbers/planning meet ask for full length pic like all body types but when all I see are lips & shoes & profile description as 'athletic' & when u meet its more anorexic its not cool mann

over a year ago

The oldest pic I've got is from last summer, but it's easy to tell cos I've had my hair cut since. I love putting pics up n I upload a new one every day. Today's was taken yesterday but some will be from last year. Doesn't matter so much for me really as I'm not meeting atm.

PTU xxx

over a year ago

The new direct pic feature is a god send. All this 5 year old picture business should be a thing of the past

over a year ago

my pics are all less than a month old that are in my friends and private folders

By *londieddWoman
over a year ago

fife

"So recently had a meet and she didn't look anything like her pics. They was clearly a few years old. All the pics I display are taken on the day I upload. Has anyone had a similar experience??"

this is why I would never meet without video call or Skype first

By *londieddWoman
over a year ago

fife

"The new direct pic feature is a god send. All this 5 year old picture business should be a thing of the past "

but you can still send an old pic from your phone gallery

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Yes I've had this on a dating site. Did you say anything to her?

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"The new direct pic feature is a god send. All this 5 year old picture business should be a thing of the past "

Well not really unless you ask them to stick the date on a piece of paper.

over a year ago

Even if you dont think you have changed in 5 years you should still upload recent i mean recent - last 3 or 4 months of your face and body. If the other person wants recent pics then send them. Or cam. I decide to cam and that way they see me now not 5 years ago.

over a year ago

"So recently had a meet and she didn't look anything like her pics. They was clearly a few years old. All the pics I display are taken on the day I upload. Has anyone had a similar experience??

this is why I would never meet without video call or Skype first"

Not difficult to ask .. and if they dont want to .. you know they are lying or married or pig ugly lol

over a year ago

I did and have asked and pics sent were clearly not new

Post new Message to Thread