FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ireland or Wales for a holiday....but where ????

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am at a dilemma i need a week away and am considering Ireland or Wales hmmmmmm but which one ??.

I love the pembroke coast in wales and county cork in Ireland and was wondering fabsters where would you recommend for me to go in these two great places.....anywhere that you may have been and loved.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

"I am at a dilemma i need a week away and am considering Ireland or Wales hmmmmmm but which one ??.

I love the pembroke coast in wales and county cork in Ireland and was wondering fabsters where would you recommend for me to go in these two great places.....anywhere that you may have been and loved.

"

Thanks for the private mails seems like Ireland is the favourite at the mo.....

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Never been to Ireland so can't comment, would love to though cos it looks beautiful and I like the accent!

I live in South Wales and obviously love it here so I'm biased!

over a year ago

Can't beat the Gower, Rhossilli Bay is gorgeous x

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

Forget the south, it's all about the north in Wales

over a year ago

Ireland is beautiful... not saying Wales isn't....

Being the emerald green island and all

over a year ago

Ireland...Galway or Kerry

over a year ago

only ever been to Dublin for a boozy weekend..

but as I live in Wales I would recommend most of it along the coast, apart from maybe Rhyl or Prestatyn

Snowdonia for the mountains or the Llyn peninsular or the Pembrokeshire coast are all stunning

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/06/17 09:17:43]

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

"Ireland is beautiful... not saying Wales isn't....

"

But we've got dragons

over a year ago

Will have to say ireland cos I live here but I actually love Scotland

By *orny IrishMan
over a year ago

Rural Wiltshire

"Ireland is beautiful... not saying Wales isn't....

"

And you are there sexy lady.

over a year ago

"only ever been to Dublin for a boozy weekend..

but as I live in Wales I would recommend most of it along the coast, apart from maybe Rhyl or Prestatyn

Snowdonia for the mountains or the Llyn peninsular or the Pembrokeshire coast are all stunning"

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I'd consider Ceredigion (the county north of Pembrokeshire).

It's quieter than Pembs or North Wales, but still beautiful. Mid Wales is actually where you can feel properly remote - it tends to get overlooked.

There's also lovely beaches and some nice towns like Aberaeron and Machynlleth (is still class that as Mid)!

over a year ago

I've only worked in Dublin so can't really comment. I've holidayed in Wales a couple times and the Snowdonia park and surrounding areas of North Wales are great.

over a year ago

The whole West coast of Ireland is a unique experience that doesn't compare to anywhere else ,,,,

You'll never find yourself thinking I could find something like this elsewhere...

The people the lifestyle and the scenery are amazing ....

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman
over a year ago

your imagination

Obviously I'm going to say Ireland Some beautiful unspoiled places to visit along the West Coast, and some lively towns scattered about

over a year ago

"Ireland...Galway or Kerry "

By *reenleavesCouple
over a year ago

North Wales

"

"

Anywhere west of Llandudno is where north Wales begins The chunk east of there and between the A55 and the sea is well worth avoiding unless you like unending caravan parks and damp.

If you have a week, why not do Ireland AND Wales? Drive the coast road around Wales and take the ferry from Fishguard to Ireland.

over a year ago

"

Anywhere west of Llandudno is where north Wales begins The chunk east of there and between the A55 and the sea is well worth avoiding unless you like unending caravan parks and damp.

If you have a week, why not do Ireland AND Wales? Drive the coast road around Wales and take the ferry from Fishguard to Ireland. "

good point i never thought of that

over a year ago

" Never been to Ireland so can't comment, would love to though cos it looks beautiful and I like the accent!

I live in South Wales and obviously love it here so I'm biased!"

By *ong legs n LingeireWoman
over a year ago

it up to me neck. :-)

"Forget the south, it's all about the north in Wales "

Agree with this. The beautiful north.

By *andtsurreyCouple
over a year ago

Torbay

Can thoroughly recommend the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland. Absolutley stunning scenery, friendly people and amazing pubs. Loved my holiday there

T xx

over a year ago

"Can thoroughly recommend the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland. Absolutley stunning scenery, friendly people and amazing pubs. Loved my holiday there

T xx "

......will google it and thank you.

By *uckOfTheBayMan
over a year ago

Mold

"

If you have a week, why not do Ireland AND Wales? Drive the coast road around Wales and take the ferry from Fishguard to Ireland. "

oi! The and beaches from Talacre down are fantastic, and then you have the Clwydian AONB from the north coast to Llangollen

Follow offas dyke

over a year ago

"I'd consider Ceredigion (the county north of Pembrokeshire).

It's quieter than Pembs or North Wales, but still beautiful. Mid Wales is actually where you can feel properly remote - it tends to get overlooked.

There's also lovely beaches and some nice towns like Aberaeron and Machynlleth (is still class that as Mid)!

"

Mid Wales is very overlooked. It's a truly stunning location and I'm lucky to live here.

If the OP is looking for a relaxing getaway then mid Wales is perfect, if you're looking for plenty of fabbers go south Wales!

over a year ago

"Can thoroughly recommend the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland. Absolutley stunning scenery, friendly people and amazing pubs. Loved my holiday there

T xx "

Beautiful beaches too

over a year ago

Yep Dingle peninsula is great, Galway is superb too. I'm from Scotland but live in Limerick which is a great spot too.

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

I'm in Pembroke now. Folks live here now, always takes my breath away how beautiful it is. Stunning coastline.

Ireland is lovely too but y'know, don't get much Euro for your pound these days

over a year ago

"I'm in Pembroke now. Folks live here now, always takes my breath away how beautiful it is. Stunning coastline.

Ireland is lovely too but y'know, don't get much Euro for your pound these days "

Good spot petal..v expensive!

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

"Ireland...Galway or Kerry "

And Dingle...

and Beara peninsular - take the (only) cable-car to Dursey island and do some walking.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"I'm in Pembroke now. Folks live here now, always takes my breath away how beautiful it is. Stunning coastline.

Ireland is lovely too but y'know, don't get much Euro for your pound these days "

Glad you enjoy it here - so many amazing spots, many of them a bit off away from the main tourist areas.

There's lots of good people in Pembs too. It can seem quiet, but lots of interesting folks from Wales and all over the world e.g. artists and musicians make it home.

over a year ago

"Ireland...Galway or Kerry

And Dingle...

and Beara peninsular - take the (only) cable-car to Dursey island and do some walking. "

over a year ago

"Yep Dingle peninsula is great, Galway is superb too. I'm from Scotland but live in Limerick which is a great spot too."

By *andtsurreyCouple
over a year ago

Torbay

T xx

Beautiful beaches too "

We stayed near Inch beach...breathtakingly beautiful views. Water fecking freezing though

T xx

over a year ago

"

If you have a week, why not do Ireland AND Wales? Drive the coast road around Wales and take the ferry from Fishguard to Ireland. .

oi! The and beaches from Talacre down are fantastic, and then you have the Clwydian AONB from the north coast to Llangollen

Follow offas dyke

"

By *ORDERMANMan
over a year ago

wrexham

"Forget the south, it's all about the north in Wales "

Gogs rule

For stunning scenary the North is awesome, though as kid holidayed many a time in Tenby and always came home browner than schoolmates that went abroad.

Though never hit a beach (naughty beach, naughty beach) in Ireland its the craic that its good as.

over a year ago

Would be heading to north west Ireland if it was coast I was looking for, or the black mountains in Wales for countryside, if it was city, I wouldn't quite make Wales, some lovely towns on the border in Shropshire though.

Post new Message to Thread