Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How do you ask?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

If youre posting a new thread is it a conscious thing because you've decided to make a point or ask a question that day?

Do you start a thread on the spur of the moment because of something you've seen or heard?

Do you think about how your thread will come across to others? Do you care if it offends?

Do you read all the replies and do you comment on them all or just some? Do you try to steer the conversation to get the answers Youre looking for?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Sometimes I do, I try to answer everyone, but if someone posts an offensive reply I hold my tongue if I'm aware I'm not in a good mood in case it's me taking things too personally.

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Oh, and I do care if it offends. I might take the piss a lot but I'd never want to actually offend anyone.

over a year ago

"Oh, and I do care if it offends. I might take the piss a lot but I'd never want to actually offend anyone."

If someone is offended do you try to make them see why you said what you did?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Good morning B!

I have a couple of thread ideas that I'll get round to eventually, more of the thinky/discussion type ones that I'd like the time to curate properly. But I'd also drop the occasional spur of the moment one if I had a funny idea or something I'd like immediate feedback if something came up...

I do consider the potential for causing offence, but also try not to worry about it tooooo much because people can find a way of taking offence at the smallest things...

If I have the time to read all the responses I will. I don't want to repeat stuff that's been gone over before and I like to interact with others rather than just the OP. A thread can be a breeding ground for all sorts of discussion tangents, points that grab me or need clarifying or the occasional lol that deserves appropriate banter.

It's also one of the best ways to get an idea of who people are and what they're about...

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"Oh, and I do care if it offends. I might take the piss a lot but I'd never want to actually offend anyone.

If someone is offended do you try to make them see why you said what you did?"

I do, but then at times I write my response and try to make it clear, but it can sound like I think the person is thick, or condescending so I'll get part way through and delete what I'm writing.

Sometimes I get it right.

Sometimes I probably make it worse

By *kmanMan
over a year ago

Letterkenny

"Oh, and I do care if it offends. I might take the piss a lot but I'd never want to actually offend anyone."

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

You don't have to want to offend people on here. You could post the most innocuous post ever and someone will get offended somewhere on the thread.

I rarely initiate a post on here. Most of it has been done before, many times.

over a year ago

"Good morning B!

I have a couple of thread ideas that I'll get round to eventually, more of the thinky/discussion type ones that I'd like the time to curate properly. But I'd also drop the occasional spur of the moment one if I had a funny idea or something I'd like immediate feedback if something came up...

I do consider the potential for causing offence, but also try not to worry about it tooooo much because people can find a way of taking offence at the smallest things...

If I have the time to read all the responses I will. I don't want to repeat stuff that's been gone over before and I like to interact with others rather than just the OP. A thread can be a breeding ground for all sorts of discussion tangents, points that grab me or need clarifying or the occasional lol that deserves appropriate banter.

It's also one of the best ways to get an idea of who people are and what they're about..."

I think that's what I love most, seeing how people think. I guess that's also why I write ridiculous opening posts, I want to see how they are interpreted too.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Are you writing a thesis on the psychology behind forums this morning?!

over a year ago

"Are you writing a thesis on the psychology behind forums this morning?! "

No but I am almost finished my thesis. I wish id found fab before I started, this would have been more fun!

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

I try not to offend and keep my posts very serious and well thought out. Potato.

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

Pmsl! I was thinking similar!

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

I thought the same thing (in a far less eloquent way)

I just thought "fuck me Bunny, you're making me use my brain and shit so bleeding early"

over a year ago

"Are you writing a thesis on the psychology behind forums this morning?!

Pmsl! I was thinking similar!

"

Is she in the same Syndey online course as Estella?

over a year ago

I just thought "fuck me Bunny, you're making me use my brain and shit so bleeding early"

"

Im sorry and shit

over a year ago

"You don't have to want to offend people on here. You could post the most innocuous post ever and someone will get offended somewhere on the thread.

I rarely initiate a post on here. Most of it has been done before, many times."

Oh, so you're just assuming that someone is going to get offended are you?!

Sheesh...

over a year ago

Anyway, get back on topic fuckers, Ive got observations to make

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

Im sorry and shit "

It's ok. Your botty looks awesome this morning.

over a year ago

"I try not to offend and keep my posts very serious and well thought out. Potato."

Would you like a wibble to go with that potato?

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

"Anyway, get back on topic fuckers, Ive got observations to make "

Too right! Back to observing B's botty everyone.........

over a year ago

"Anyway, get back on topic fuckers, Ive got observations to make

Too right! Back to observing B's botty everyone......... "

Nnnnnnooooo!!! Answer my questions damn it!!

over a year ago

Too right! Back to observing B's botty everyone......... "

Heh! Way ahead of you there brother!

over a year ago

Heh! Way ahead of you there brother! "

Stop looking at my ass!!!

By *inkyChrissy99TV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

I try to only start one about a topic i'm generally curious about.

Tbh until I get real boobs i'll never get enough responses to make a decent thread so I just contribute these days.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

"I try not to offend and keep my posts very serious and well thought out. Potato.

Would you like a wibble to go with that potato?"

Well I wouldn't normally wibble a potato before midday but when in Rome!

over a year ago

Heh! Way ahead of you there brother!

Stop looking at my ass!!!"

(Don't) stop putting it in our faces!!!!

over a year ago

"I try to only start one about a topic i'm generally curious about.

Tbh until I get real boobs i'll never get enough responses to make a decent thread so I just contribute these days."

Your contribution is appreciated

over a year ago

"I try not to offend and keep my posts very serious and well thought out. Potato.

Well I wouldn't normally wibble a potato before midday but when in Rome!"

Make lemon sorbet! I'm with you Dad!

over a year ago

Well I wouldn't normally wibble a potato before midday but when in Rome!"

Boys! Behave!

over a year ago

Make lemon sorbet! I'm with you Dad! "

Get out of my thread!!!

(And into my bed)

over a year ago

Mine was a spur of the moment thing.

Not intended to cause offence to anyone, but there are those who are determined in their daily pursuit of umbrage, entirely their prerogative.

By *unky monkeyMan
over a year ago

in the night garden

Make lemon sorbet! I'm with you Dad! "

You are completely hatstand! Parsnip.

over a year ago

Make lemon sorbet! I'm with you Dad!

Get out of my thread!!!

(And into my bed)"

I'll bring the sorbet, Dad'll bring the potato...

over a year ago

If I start a thread it's usually on the back of something I've heard. I find it can be quite time consuming as I like to try & be inclusive by replying to as many people as I can.

I wouldn't knowingly start a thread that would offend someone but I don't overly analyse the outcome either. Some people are offended at the drip of a hat & need to chill out when reading the forums imo.

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

The topics I want to post I likely never will. I fear they'd either be too personal to respond to publicly or descend into bashing.

The topics I do post are usually spur of the moment things that matter very little.

I read every reply but I tend to only reply to the ones that I want to? Either they make an interesting point, a clever joke or something.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

How do you OP?

You're one of the more frequenter thread starters on here and haven't been on here for long.

And before somewhere gets their penis or knickers in a twist, it's a genuine question.

over a year ago

"How do you OP?

You're one of the more frequenter thread starters on here and haven't been on here for long.

And before somewhere gets their penis or knickers in a twist, it's a genuine question. "

I do both, I like to think about things to get people thinking and talking and maybe have a look at themselves in the process.

I also post spur of the moment just popped into my head threads.

I genuinely enjoy watching the social interactions around here and seeing what way things will go, I know that despite how clearly I think Ive written my OP the thread wont always go how I expected.

I dont ever set out to offend anyone and I guess writing new posts makes me think more about the language I use to try to make sure it cant be misconstrued.

I do try to reply to people but im learning I need to let that go a bit, I dont need to be fully involved in every part of the discussion, I really like seeing other people replying to each other and taking things off on another tangent.

over a year ago

"

If youre posting a new thread is it a conscious thing because you've decided to make a point or ask a question that day?

Do you start a thread on the spur of the moment because of something you've seen or heard?

Do you think about how your thread will come across to others? Do you care if it offends?

Do you read all the replies and do you comment on them all or just some? Do you try to steer the conversation to get the answers Youre looking for? "

The very few threads I have started are normally spur of the moment types. and normally just utter garbage that I feel like talking about that day.

I am starting to care less what others think as it's impossible to please everyone. It amazes me what people can be offered by on here and in real life.

I feel a lot of threads are just everybody talking to themselves and nobody is reading anything. To me it seems like a waste of time to post anything in those threads as it's just a load of noise.

If I was starting a thread I would intend to reply to everyone but sometimes no reply is needed.

over a year ago

Usually because of something I've seen or heard.

I don't care too much if it offends anybody because I've learnt that people are offended by everything and anything.

I don't put much thought on how it will come across to others because it could make me want to change the context of it and I definitely don't try to reply to everyone because I can't be asked

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan
over a year ago

"

Most of the threads I start are things that just pop Ito my head, Things I have seen or read about or I just want to hear people's opinions on then subject.

Sometimes yes, A lot of the time before I have posted it I have already answered my own question or after reading what I have typed delete it as it's not coming across how it sounds in my head.

Do you read all the replies and do you comment on them all or just some? Do you try to steer the conversation to get the answers Youre looking for? "

I read all the replies until I forgot that I have posted it, I sometimes comment but most cases just let the thread take its own course

over a year ago

"

Most of the threads I start are things that just pop Ito my head, Things I have seen or read about or I just want to hear people's opinions on then subject.

Sometimes yes, A lot of the time before I have posted it I have already answered my own question or after reading what I have typed delete it as it's not coming across how it sounds in my head.

Do you read all the replies and do you comment on them all or just some? Do you try to steer the conversation to get the answers Youre looking for?

I read all the replies until I forgot that I have posted it, I sometimes comment but most cases just let the thread take its own course "

Me too

Post new Message to Thread