Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How do you answer?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When you open a thread do you read the OP fully before answering? Do you just get the gist and go for it?

If theres more than one question do you answer them all or just focus on one or two?

Do you take time to read the previous replies and if so do they influence your answer? Would you continue an existing conversation or just answer the question asked?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes.

over a year ago

"Yes. "

I think you'll find the answer is 42!!

over a year ago

"Yes.

I think you'll find the answer is 42!!"

Avoid.

over a year ago

I read what the OP has put first and decide if I'm going to post

If a lot have posted already I have a read if it gets heated then I stay away and move onto the next thread

And eventually find something to post on

over a year ago

"I read what the OP has put first and decide if I'm going to post

If a lot have posted already I have a read if it gets heated then I stay away and move onto the next thread

And eventually find something to post on "

This

By *oiluvfunMan
over a year ago

Penrith

I do read the OP's opener, and try to answer on-topic, but sometimes it's very easy to go off on a tangent influenced by other responses, and frequently I have been known to drop in random, cheeky posts

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

If it's one of yours or Estella's threads I go for a lie down in a dark room before even opening the thread these days

over a year ago

Always read the OP

Usually read some of the answers.. but if there's tens well can't read them all ...

over a year ago

Completely depends. If lots have already posted I normally can't be bothered to read it all so skim read. ..especially if the conversation seems dominated by a couple of people having an argument or a flirt. If its interesting I'll read it all and answer the pertinent questions or comment on something someone else has said. Sometimes I don't bother reading the replies at all and steam on in. ..and then read the thread backwards. It really does depend on my mood and the thread.

over a year ago

I'll read the opener, if it interests me then I'll read replies before replying myself. I'm guilty of skim reading and replying out of context occasionally cos I'm an idiot

over a year ago

I can answer yes to all of the above & no as well. I don't have a set format I go with the flow.

Depends on the subject, who is commenting, what's already been said,

over a year ago

I have a short attention span, no way am I reading what every post says if there's already 100+

over a year ago

"If it's one of yours or Estella's threads I go for a lie down in a dark room before even opening the thread these days "

You want me to start making the subject "pink panther do not open"?

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

What did you ask again?

over a year ago

"Completely depends. If lots have already posted I normally can't be bothered to read it all so skim read. ..especially if the conversation seems dominated by a couple of people having an argument or a flirt. If its interesting I'll read it all and answer the pertinent questions or comment on something someone else has said. Sometimes I don't bother reading the replies at all and steam on in. ..and then read the thread backwards. It really does depend on my mood and the thread. "

Do you ever read backwards and realise the thread has gone off topic and your answer makes no sense now?

over a year ago

"I'll read the opener, if it interests me then I'll read replies before replying myself. I'm guilty of skim reading and replying out of context occasionally cos I'm an idiot "

A lovable idiot though

over a year ago

"What did you ask again?

"

I just wanted to know what you thought and shit?

over a year ago

"Completely depends. If lots have already posted I normally can't be bothered to read it all so skim read. ..especially if the conversation seems dominated by a couple of people having an argument or a flirt. If its interesting I'll read it all and answer the pertinent questions or comment on something someone else has said. Sometimes I don't bother reading the replies at all and steam on in. ..and then read the thread backwards. It really does depend on my mood and the thread.

Do you ever read backwards and realise the thread has gone off topic and your answer makes no sense now? "

Yes. ..but my comment is still relevant as I've answered the op. .unless it's one of those annoying threads where the op drip feeds information throughout and you realise the initial question isn't quite what they made it out to be!

over a year ago

"Completely depends. If lots have already posted I normally can't be bothered to read it all so skim read. ..especially if the conversation seems dominated by a couple of people having an argument or a flirt. If its interesting I'll read it all and answer the pertinent questions or comment on something someone else has said. Sometimes I don't bother reading the replies at all and steam on in. ..and then read the thread backwards. It really does depend on my mood and the thread.

Do you ever read backwards and realise the thread has gone off topic and your answer makes no sense now?

Yes. ..but my comment is still relevant as I've answered the op. .unless it's one of those annoying threads where the op drip feeds information throughout and you realise the initial question isn't quite what they made it out to be! "

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Really varies depending on the thread, some I read in detail and don't respond if the point I was going to make has already been made and accepted, some I skim and then realise what I've posted has already been said, and usually much better than I did. Some I just back out of as they've gone off piste. There are some I'll generally avoid because of who the OP is too.

over a year ago

"I'll read the opener, if it interests me then I'll read replies before replying myself. I'm guilty of skim reading and replying out of context occasionally cos I'm an idiot "

This for me also

over a year ago

"When you open a thread do you read the OP fully before answering? Do you just get the gist and go for it?

If theres more than one question do you answer them all or just focus on one or two?

Do you take time to read the previous replies and if so do they influence your answer? Would you continue an existing conversation or just answer the question asked? "

I always read the op first then decide if I have anything I want to say. Then I'll read through the replies and depending on how the conversation is going will add my say.

I'll try to answer all the questions but not all are pertinent to me. X

By *rincess peachWoman
over a year ago

shits creek

"What did you ask again?

I just wanted to know what you thought and shit? "

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. We all have personal preferences and shit and at the end of the day.... patience is key.

over a year ago

Fuck. 42. Yes, no, maybe.

I pick and choose my reply accordingly to the title. I'm then distraught that it's actually one I have to answer properly as the op has written a perfectly good question in the thread itself.

I read the op. I then skim through the thread to see if anyone's said anything sensible. Rare .

Then I reply. ....and add these beauties

over a year ago

"Really varies depending on the thread, some I read in detail and don't respond if the point I was going to make has already been made and accepted, some I skim and then realise what I've posted has already been said, and usually much better than I did. Some I just back out of as they've gone off piste. There are some I'll generally avoid because of who the OP is too."

In that case im glad you posted here

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

Yes

No

Maybe

Depends on how much beers I've d*unk, mainly.

Post new Message to Thread