Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Why do they do this?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Does anyone know what their demands are? The terrorists who have been attacking the UK for the last 12 years, atleast

- Mrs. J -

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

I dunno, and don't particularly care much.

I do know, the posts about the shit they do fill up the forums and my FB feed rather than.. oh I dunno, me checking the news for example.

Maybe they just want a hug?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Crazy people that want the world to be islamic.. could you imagine trying to do a gangbang in a burkka..

over a year ago

"Crazy people that want the world to be islamic.. could you imagine trying to do a gangbang in a burkka.."

It would be like having a mobile glory hole pmsl

over a year ago

That is fine that you do not care

We care as this was the third successive attack in London

- Mrs. J -

PS. Yes, we are aware that the chances of getting killed on the road are nn per thousand and the chances of getting killed in an air crash are n per thousand and the chances of getting killed by a terrorist are 0.000n per thousand and .....

over a year ago

No. They never say. They're just twisted individuals who have no place in a normal social society.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

didn't the war in Iraq kick it all off.. the twin towers went down.. then Afghanistan kicked off which really started things.. i could be wrong but i think that's how it happened..

over a year ago

"didn't the war in Iraq kick it all off.. the twin towers went down.. then Afghanistan kicked off which really started things.. i could be wrong but i think that's how it happened.. "

But isn't is common practice for terrorists to make demands? Free our comrades in prison, we want a separate state, we want loads of money? What are their demands?

I am beginning to think that these guys are unwanted losers who get rejected at every level in society, get mad (and mad) and then want attention, any which way

- Mrs. J -

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

''Fuck you Britain, stop meddling in our shit.... this is some payback for all the shit your meddling has done in our country/ies''

There, that's prolly a fair enough start as to why they do it.

What's your view, OP?

over a year ago

They don't have demands. Their aim is to provoke a response from the western world and sow fear and hatred for Islam. The more we react and the more we distrust, the more alienated muslims will feel and that's when recruitment and radicalisation happens.

They literally just want to start a holy war.

I am talking about terrorists here, not muslims. Even calling them terrorists gives them power. They are often small or disorganised groups of people that have experienced (or been convinced of) hostility or hatred towards themselves and have been manipulated into carrying out these atrocities.

Much like members of the EDL or Britain first...

Just a little positive aside... I read an interview with Chris Morris, director of Four Lions about the research he did when writing the film. He spoke to a former member of the EDL who decided to read the quoran so he'd have a better understanding of the things he was talking out against... ended up converting himself to Islam and is now a Muslim activist that speaks out against Islamophobia!

Best thing that any of us can do is keep an open mind and an open heart, educate ourselves and each other and challenge the ideas we are presented with.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

"Does anyone know what their demands are? The terrorists who have been attacking the UK for the last 12 years, atleast

- Mrs. J -"

It's a different kind of terrorism to IRA or ETA in the sense that there are no political demands or heirachy which approves each attack. Attacks can be carried out by lone wolf operators and responsibility claimed by ISIS post incident. Attacks are carried out solely to cause loss of life among those who do not subscribe to their twisted ideology.

By *eerobCouple
over a year ago

solihull

"''Fuck you Britain, stop meddling in our shit.... this is some payback for all the shit your meddling has done in our country/ies''

What's your view, OP?"

Mmmmmm. I'm sure these innocent victims are heartened to know that you feel they deserve their injuries and losses of family members as recompense for us supposedly meddling in other countries.

Maybe a little bit of empathy under the circumstances would be appropriate than your horrible attitude.?

By *ob198XaMan
over a year ago

teleford

"''Fuck you Britain, stop meddling in our shit.... this is some payback for all the shit your meddling has done in our country/ies''

What's your view, OP?

Mmmmmm. I'm sure these innocent victims are heartened to know that you feel they deserve their injuries and losses of family members as recompense for us supposedly meddling in other countries.

Maybe a little bit of empathy under the circumstances would be appropriate than your horrible attitude.? "

Bollocks is it about payback. The ideology has nothing to do with payback, admittedly payback has a role in the recruitment process when the west intervenes the recruiters use it, when the west sit back and fail to intervene the recruiters use it. The overall aim as I understand it is to bring about a final conflict between "Islam" and the west and brings about the end of days to fulfill some twisted prophesy.

over a year ago

What's your view, OP?

Maybe a little bit of empathy under the circumstances would be appropriate than your horrible attitude.? "

I didn't read _hortie's response as feeling they deserve it, just a statement of why it happens. It's a statement that I agree with about actions that I abhor...

Let's all take a deep breath, move on and have a nice reasoned debate with measured responses. That's the attitude we need to nurture in order to fight the things we're discussing...

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

What's your view, OP?

Why??

How will more empathy from me help??

And why are you diverting from the message I posted replying to the question the OP posted 'why do they do this'??

Go on...... I'm now intrigued. And curious to hear your thoughts on 'why they do this'. Go on.... amaze me.

over a year ago

What's your view, OP?

Maybe a little bit of empathy under the circumstances would be appropriate than your horrible attitude.?

Bollocks is it about payback. The ideology has nothing to do with payback, admittedly payback has a role in the recruitment process when the west intervenes the recruiters use it, when the west sit back and fail to intervene the recruiters use it. The overall aim as I understand it is to bring about a final conflict between "Islam" and the west and brings about the end of days to fulfill some twisted prophesy. "

That's my understanding too. But _hortie's use of "" to me implies just what you've just said. That's the line used to manipulate people into carrying out these attrocities...

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Isis want to restore a Caliphate and also bring about a final battle.

Some others want us to stop sticking our nose into their affairs and countries.

Others see support for Israel and wish to act accordingly.

Some want Sharia law in the Country and want to be able to throw homesexuals off a rooftop. While treating women as second class citizens.

Some the majority want to be left alone to practice their religion in peace. And the actions of the above bring shame upon them.

While we have one we will always have the other.

over a year ago

"Isis want to restore a Caliphate and also bring about a final battle.

Some others want us to stop sticking our nose into their affairs and countries.

Others see support for Israel and wish to act accordingly.

Some want Sharia law in the Country and want to be able to throw homesexuals off a rooftop. While treating women as second class citizens.

Some the majority want to be left alone to practice their religion in peace. And the actions of the above bring shame upon them.

While we have one we will always have the other. "

over a year ago

"They don't have demands. Their aim is to provoke a response from the western world and sow fear and hatred for Islam. The more we react and the more we distrust, the more alienated muslims will feel and that's when recruitment and radicalisation happens.

They literally just want to start a holy war.

I am talking about terrorists here, not muslims. Even calling them terrorists gives them power. They are often small or disorganised groups of people that have experienced (or been convinced of) hostility or hatred towards themselves and have been manipulated into carrying out these atrocities.

Much like members of the EDL or Britain first...

Just a little positive aside... I read an interview with Chris Morris, director of Four Lions about the research he did when writing the film. He spoke to a former member of the EDL who decided to read the quoran so he'd have a better understanding of the things he was talking out against... ended up converting himself to Islam and is now a Muslim activist that speaks out against Islamophobia!

Best thing that any of us can do is keep an open mind and an open heart, educate ourselves and each other and challenge the ideas we are presented with.

"

over a year ago

What's your view, OP?"

I don't have a clue as to why, that is why I asked, thinking that maybe in the 12 years or so, I missed their list of demands and someone here might know

But if their countries are not the UK, then why do they so desperately want to live here?

- Mrs. J -

over a year ago

What's your view, OP?

I don't have a clue as to why, that is why I asked, thinking that maybe in the 12 years or so, I missed their list of demands and someone here might know

But if their countries are not the UK, then why do they so desperately want to live here?

- Mrs. J -"

Hey Mrs. J.

Who are you referring to?

There are people that want to move here to escape oppression and violence in their own countries whether that oppression and violence is at the hands of their own government or outside forces.

There are people that want to move here because of work, family or just because they think it's a nice place to live.

There are people that come here to cause trouble.

There are people that are born here to families that have lived here for generations.

"They" isn't a helpful term when I comes to discussing issues as complex as this.

I spent a little time in the refugee camp in Calais and the stories I heard from the mouths of the refugees were heartbreaking. Just normal families caught in the middle of conflicts that have nothing to do with them. They just want their families to be happy and safe.

over a year ago

What's your view, OP?

- Mrs. J -

Hey Mrs. J.

There are people that want to move here to escape oppression and violence in their own countries whether that oppression and violence is at the hands of their own government or outside forces.

There are people that want to move here because of work, family or just because they think it's a nice place to live.

There are people that are born here to families that have lived here for generations.

"They" isn't a helpful term when I comes to discussing issues as complex as this.

I spent a little time in the refugee camp in Calais and the stories I heard from the mouths of the refugees were heartbreaking. Just normal families caught in the middle of conflicts that have nothing to do with them. They just want their families to be happy and safe."

Isn't it clear as daylight that I am referring to the terrorists

- Mrs. J -

over a year ago

What's your view, OP?

- Mrs. J -

Hey Mrs. J.

I spent a little time in the refugee camp in Calais and the stories I heard from the mouths of the refugees were heartbreaking. Just normal families caught in the middle of conflicts that have nothing to do with them. They just want their families to be happy and safe.

- Mrs. J -"

Sorry Mrs J, I thought that your last post was a little ambiguous and wanted to clarify things.

I don't think the troublemakers are the same ones that desperately want to live here.

My major beef with all these arguments are that people get clumped together and judged as a whole. I'm not saying that's what you did at all, just trying to avoid anyone else opening that can of worms... x

over a year ago

What's your view, OP?

- Mrs. J -

Hey Mrs. J.

- Mrs. J -

Sorry Mrs J, I thought that your last post was a little ambiguous and wanted to clarify things.

I don't think the troublemakers are the same ones that desperately want to live here.

My major beef with all these arguments are that people get clumped together and judged as a whole. I'm not saying that's what you did at all, just trying to avoid anyone else opening that can of worms... x"

No, problem

The thread is about the terrorist attacks and what I wanted to know was what their demands are

Also, in response to _hortie’s comment, "Fuck you Britain, stop meddling in our shit.... this is some payback for all the shit your meddling has done in our country/ies", I would like some opinions as to why then do they choose to make the UK their home? It is not as if they are forcibly taken from their country/ies and brought here under duress

- Mrs. J -

over a year ago

What's your view, OP?

- Mrs. J -

Hey Mrs. J.

- Mrs. J -

My major beef with all these arguments are that people get clumped together and judged as a whole. I'm not saying that's what you did at all, just trying to avoid anyone else opening that can of worms... x

No, problem

The thread is about the terrorist attacks and what I wanted to know was what their demands are

Also, in response to _hortie’s comment, "Fuck you Britain, stop meddling in our shit.... this is some payback for all the shit your meddling has done in our country/ies", I would like some opinions as to why then do they choose to make the UK their home? It is not as if they are forcibly taken from their country/ies and brought here under duress

- Mrs. J -"

Some will be born in the uk and radicalised here.

Some will come here because they want to or because life/family circumstances have brought them here and may also get radicalised here.

Some may come for the express purpose to wage their war.

The people that want to damage us aren't the same people that want to make their lives here...

over a year ago

They want to stir up as much hatred against Islam so that bothe sides attac each other and therefore convert more to thier idealism to eventually make thier brand of Islam the one religion throughout the globe.

Number 1 on the list is death to the Kufar! End of

over a year ago

".....

Some will come here because they want to or because life/family circumstances have brought them here and may also get radicalised here.

The people that want to damage us aren't the same people that want to make their lives here..."

But they are!

The vast majority of these terrorists lived here for years before killing innocent people. If their reason for the murders is that their country/ies are somehow being attacked by the UK, then the UK is obviously not their country/ies

And what does it mean by 'radicalised'? Are they so stupid to believe in whatever nonsense someone else tells them?

- Mrs. J -

over a year ago

".....

The people that want to damage us aren't the same people that want to make their lives here...

But they are!

The vast majority of these terrorists lived here for years before killing innocent people. If their reason for the murders is that their country/ies are somehow being attacked by the UK, then the UK is obviously not their country/ies

And what does it mean by 'radicalised'? Are they so stupid to believe in whatever nonsense someone else tells them?

- Mrs. J -"

Yes, much like many Westerns believe what the daily mail tells them about Muslims.

over a year ago

".....

But they are!

- Mrs. J -

Yes, much like many Westerns believe what the daily mail tells them about Muslims. "

I don't know what the daily mail tells people. And I am asking about the terrorists, not Muslims

- Mrs. J -

over a year ago

".....

But they are!

- Mrs. J -

Yes, much like many Westerns believe what the daily mail tells them about Muslims.

I don't know what the daily mail tells people. And I am asking about the terrorists, not Muslims

- Mrs. J -"

Exactly the same answer applies.

Ie people are stupid enough to believe whatever they are told if it fits their values.

over a year ago

".....

But they are!

- Mrs. J -"

What is radicalisation?

Radicalisation is a process where a person, often from a vulnerable background begins to adopt extreme political, religious, or social view(s) and through these - engage in extremist activity. Their views will often be formed through misguidance, misunderstanding, jealousy, anger, a ‘sense of injustice’, resentment or fear.

over a year ago

".....

But they are!

- Mrs. J -

- Mrs. J -

Ie people are stupid enough to believe whatever they are told if it fits their values. "

OK, I see what you mean

I guess their (the terrorist's) values are stupid to begin with

- Mrs. J -

over a year ago

".....

But they are!

- Mrs. J -

- Mrs. J -

Ie people are stupid enough to believe whatever they are told if it fits their values.

OK, I see what you mean

- Mrs. J -"

For a given definition of stupid.

By *tephanjMan
over a year ago

Kettering

Like most people in this country I have friends who are Muslims these people killing people are just using a religion to legitimize there actions they cannot be grouped with people who are real Muslims. They are just murderer's

over a year ago

".....

But they are!

- Mrs. J -

- Mrs. J -

OK, I see what you mean

- Mrs. J -

For a given definition of stupid. "

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

That are but lost Individuals without a cause fighting a war that does not exist for a religion that does not help them for rewards that will never come to them ...or they are just dicks

over a year ago

Thinking back to before this all began. Though after the IRA relented, we took our armed forces from Ireland and sent them to the middle east.

Look what happened. We withdraw armed forces from Ireland and the Irish terrorists stop blowing is up.

We send our armed forces to the middle east and we get terrorists from the middle east blowing us up.

Am I the only person who doesn't see a pattern here?

We are continually fuelling the fire with our presence in the middle east and our media trying to point blame at Muslims in general, makes it easy for them to recruit.

over a year ago

"Like most people in this country I have friends who are Muslims these people killing people are just using a religion to legitimize there actions they cannot be grouped with people who are real Muslims. They are just murderer's "

Once again; I am asking about the recent terror attacks; not about Muslims

Why is it that every thread about terror attacks eventually starts to refer to Muslims in some shape or another?

- Mrs. J -

By *ung hiMan
over a year ago

Northwest

Live a simple life

Just fcuk n Go

over a year ago

"...

We send our armed forces to the middle east and we get terrorists from the middle east blowing us up.

..."

But the vast majority of the terrorist attacks here were not carried out by people from the Middles-East

- Mrs. J -

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"Like most people in this country I have friends who are Muslims these people killing people are just using a religion to legitimize there actions they cannot be grouped with people who are real Muslims. They are just murderer's

Why is it that every thread about terror attacks eventually starts to refer to Muslims in some shape or another?

- Mrs. J -"

Because the 'organisation' that claims responsibility is IS - Islamic State.

I agree, it isn't a reflection the muslims we might know, but that is why the religion is brought into the discussion.

over a year ago

"Like most people in this country I have friends who are Muslims these people killing people are just using a religion to legitimize there actions they cannot be grouped with people who are real Muslims. They are just murderer's

- Mrs. J -

Because the 'organisation' that claims responsibility is IS - Islamic State.

I agree, it isn't a reflection the muslims we might know, but that is why the religion is brought into the discussion."

Fair enough; I guess people make that connection

All the Muslims we know, are decent folk. Those who are not, Muslim or otherwise, are not the type of folk we get acquainted with

- Mrs. J -

over a year ago

- Mrs. J -"

Because of your reference to the terrorists coming from other countries and the fact that the attacks are often being carried out in the name of Islam.

That is an important point though. There are plenty of attacks perpetrated by white nationalists in the name of xenophobia and white pride too. I find this equally terrifying.

over a year ago

- Mrs. J -

Because of your reference to the terrorists coming from other countries and the fact that the attacks are often being carried out in the name of Islam.

That is an important point though. There are plenty of attacks perpetrated by white nationalists in the name of xenophobia and white pride too. I find this equally terrifying."

I did not make that reference; _hortie did!

Nor did I make a reference to Islam or Muslims!

Do you actually ever read anything properly before making a comment?

- Mrs. J -

over a year ago

"Crazy people that want the world to be islamic"
That is right, the west have to wake up instead of hiding behind political correctness.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Are people stupid enough to be radicalised?

Hitler convinced many nations that the Jews were the evilest people to ever walk the earth and needed to be exterminated. Many otherwise intelligent and sane people bought into that ideology.

On my Facebook today someone has posted a video of a peaceful protest by a very large group of Muslims (or at least they appear to be). Apparently it is disgusting and shouldn't be allowed in this country. Yet she herself took part in the Britain needs a Pay rise March through London. And she can't see the difference.

It doesn't take much to convince people that something is 'bad' based on little or no evidence.

over a year ago

- Mrs. J -

That is an important point though. There are plenty of attacks perpetrated by white nationalists in the name of xenophobia and white pride too. I find this equally terrifying.

I did not make that reference; _hortie did!

Nor did I make a reference to Islam or Muslims!

Do you actually ever read anything properly before making a comment?

- Mrs. J -"

Nope. I prefer to make sweeping and confrontational statements!

My apologies Mrs. J. It was an honest mistake.

All you Fabbers look the same to me anyway...

By *ere2pleasureUMan
over a year ago

Kington

What's your view, OP?"

This is true. Western countries can't go around the earth invading and forcing western culture without there being consequences.

Drop bombs on innocent civilians from drone planes, there will be responses to that.

over a year ago

What's your view, OP?

I didn't read that as someone who says she feels they deserve their injuries, nor someone with a 'horrible attitude'...I also don't feel empathy is required, as she was playing Devil's Advocate, stating an opinion (valid, I believe) and answering the question.

Sadly, these attacks are probably going to become the norm here.

over a year ago

What's your view, OP?"

I saw a video on Twitter of Isis militants torching a church in the Philippines. Guess they deserved it too for their foreign policy

By *ibertine61Man
over a year ago

hereford

"Does anyone know what their demands are? The terrorists who have been attacking the UK for the last 12 years, atleast

- Mrs. J -"

Just this . Google ISIS six reasons why we hate the west . It explains their aims

over a year ago

- Mrs. J - Just this . Google ISIS six reasons why we hate the west . It explains their aims "

Thank you; I just read it. Frightening

So basically, they want to eradicate all Western values of equality and fairness

- Mrs. J -

over a year ago

What ISIS want is to control a country that subscribes to their sick view of Islam. To do this they need money and recruits.

By attacking us like this they sow fear of Muslims that makes everyday muslims hated, making them easy to radicalised andrecruit.

This isn't terrorism like the IRA with an aim to force us to give in, it's a sick advertising campaign. They want nothing from non-Muslims but hatred for muslims. Don't give them what they want.

Post new Message to Thread