Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Dark Sayings?

Jump to newest

By *igSuki81 OP   Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

'Give someone enough rope and they will hang themselves'

To me that is a simple saying which means if you give someone the oppotunity they will fuck up from their own actions, sort of like 'shooting yourself in the foot' but apparently that is a dark thing to say (& earns you a block)

So just wondered if anyone had messaged someone (or said something in the real world) with an old school saying and found it being completely misunderstood to the point where you wonder whether it was your own fault for not gauging someones intelligence or ability to understand correctly

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *igSuki81 OP   Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

Am i the only one who's made such a gaff? I cant be can i?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't think you have made a gaff. Some threads get jumped on, some don't. It's just the way these forums go

over a year ago

I didnt realise that "thunder thighs" was a bad thing, I thought it was a compliment to say to someone with sexy legs, didnt go down too great with that girl I said it to

never made that mistake again

By *igSuki81 OP   Man
over a year ago

Retirement Village

"I don't think you have made a gaff. Some threads get jumped on, some don't. It's just the way these forums go "

over a year ago

A friend didn't go to the Ariana concert and was shaken up because of what happened. I said "you must be in bits"

Post new Message to Thread