Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Tom Hardy Krays film channel 4 on now x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I'm not sure about the glorification of the Krays that goes with all these films. Even using a title like Legend makes it sound like they could have been superheroes.

By *mojeeCouple
over a year ago

Dunfermline

It was ok but I found the 2 part rise and fall of the krays better viewing.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'm not sure about the glorification of the Krays that goes with all these films. Even using a title like Legend makes it sound like they could have been superheroes.

"

this..

the 'they were just good boys who loved their Mum and stood up for themselves is far from the truth'..

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I'm not sure about the glorification of the Krays that goes with all these films. Even using a title like Legend makes it sound like they could have been superheroes.

this..

the 'they were just good boys who loved their Mum and stood up for themselves is far from the truth'..

"

They were violent, murdering robbers running protection rackets that kept people terrified. If their story was presented in the papers tomorrow, as a recent activity, this forum would be saying they should be hung, drawn and quartered.

By *agneto.Man
over a year ago

Bham

"

I agree with you there.

By *rwolfMan
over a year ago

bristol

They performed horrific and violent acts and yes ok they were the last real gangsters of england...

Look at the film itself, glorifying their acts....what if hollywood did one of hindly and brady???? Look out the window and look at the world today, kids running around all tuff like cuz we iz like dem krayz boiz init.

Welcome to why the world is fucked, this is what happens when we glorify violent acts, kids think its cool and they can be the next big thing

over a year ago

in Lancashire

this..

They were violent, murdering robbers running protection rackets that kept people terrified. If their story was presented in the papers tomorrow, as a recent activity, this forum would be saying they should be hung, drawn and quartered.

"

true, strange how its become as idolised like modern day celebrity culture..

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Tom Hardy Krays film channel 4 on now x"

Nice one just set it to record on plus 1. Love tom hardy in this.

over a year ago

Ooooo! Controversial thread!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of gangster movies that glorify their actions. Gangsters are just arseholes that are caught up in their own bullshit and don't care who gets swept up along with it.

The Godfather and Goodfellas however...

over a year ago

Yes they were gangsters but have a look at the so called gang culture of today there are no comparisons x

over a year ago

this..

"

Then would you be defending them

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

"Yes they were gangsters but have a look at the so called gang culture of today there are no comparisons x"

No comparisons?

Are you sure?

over a year ago

"Yes they were gangsters but have a look at the so called gang culture of today there are no comparisons x

No comparisons?

Are you sure?"

Gangs of today have no respect x

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"Yes they were gangsters but have a look at the so called gang culture of today there are no comparisons x

No comparisons?

Are you sure?

Gangs of today have no respect x"

Are you suggesting that the Krays had some sort of respect? They were polite with their murder and robbery, with their extortion and terror?

Gangs have existed for a very long time. They are complex businesses. The lines of 'respect' are not what I would want to experience.

Gangs of today will, no doubt, get the mythologising in due course. It's all exciting and romantic when it's in the past.

over a year ago

No comparisons?

Are you sure?

I think that's my beef with it all. Gangsters talk big about respect but they have very little respect or consideration for the lives that they affect.

By *elson61Man
over a year ago

WELWYN GARDEN CITY

"

"

+1

By *igerstyle2k2Man
over a year ago

Oxfordshire

I thought the film was rubbish. It's a rose tinted view of their events.

Good performance from Tom Hardy but a very average film.

By *antona7Man
over a year ago

Wigan

Best film.for years x

By *antona7Man
over a year ago

Wigan

I disagree but its a great film but legend tom Hardy deserves swards for his roles in that film x

over a year ago

in Lancashire

No comparisons?

Are you sure?

'respect'..

please..

having a red hot clothes iron placed on your skin and knowing that the people doing it have respect must make it all good eh..?

what next, that Jack the Ripper..

lovely manners and dressed well..

Post new Message to Thread