Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Do you think before you act?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Similar to another thread I know, but do you think before you do or say something?

I usually don't and end up putting my foot in it.

What about you?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm brutally honest. I call it how I see it. No point sugar coating bullshit! But I do bite my tongue sometimes

By *rAdventurousJayMan
over a year ago

Kent

"I'm brutally honest. I call it how I see it. No point sugar coating bullshit! But I do bite my tongue sometimes"

I'm the same. A bit of diplomacy can be needed on occasion.

over a year ago

I think before I act mostly. I've got great self control and I'm not one for knee jerk reactions. I'm considerate like that

over a year ago

I'm a lot better now than when I was younger I'll tell you that.

over a year ago

"I'm a lot better now than when I was younger I'll tell you that. "

Fucking hell

over a year ago

"I'm a lot better now than when I was younger I'll tell you that.

Fucking hell "

Don't start.

over a year ago

I can't be arsed to act.

I am what I is.

over a year ago

Not many compensations for getting older .......But I think the more mature you become the more able you get to make the right decision more quickly....

In your face youngsters ,...

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Definitely. I've made a total fool of myself too often in the past to not want to avoid it now.

By *egasus NobMan
over a year ago

Merton

"Not many compensations for getting older .......But I think the more mature you become the more able you get to make the right decision more quickly....

In your face youngsters ,... "

How many years left again

over a year ago

"I'm brutally honest. I call it how I see it. No point sugar coating bullshit! But I do bite my tongue sometimes"

This for me, but I need to bite my tongue more!

By *wo-GoodCouple
over a year ago

South London

"Not many compensations for getting older .......But I think the more mature you become the more able you get to make the right decision more quickly....

In your face youngsters ,... "

over a year ago

I'm worse than what I was... I used to be quite patient and tolerate... now I have real problems dealing with some types ( my attempt at diplomacy

After 20 odd years in the army I seem to have the inability to tolerate bullocks and now I tend to just go by the old age adage that " if you don't have anything nice to say.... don't say anything"

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

9/10 I think before I speak, unless alcohol is involved

over a year ago

In your face youngsters ,...

How many years left again "

At your age not the sort of thing you should waste too much time thinking about.....

over a year ago

I meant bollocks... not bullocks. Oops

over a year ago

I do. I prefer to lift people up rather than not. However, I'm honest, and part of lifting people up might be calling them out on occasion, rather than doing them a disservice by ignoring or colluding with behaviour I don't appreciate. I can be very feisty and have a low tolerance for blinkered self righteousness, and I know that I can be tough. I am aware I'm not perfect and can own my shit, and I'm always willing to explain my view to those that would like to listen. I find people fascinating and how they interact and portray themselves very interesting.

over a year ago

I do very much so. I'm known to be very diplomatic and good at saying what Is needed saying but in the role of a critical friend. X

By *rrol.BMan
over a year ago

Wrexham

Online... mostly. I find the box betwixt mind and mouth allows me to reread/review what it is I'm saying.

Offline? I blurt. I'm getting better with age but I'm a blurter. Especially when distracted or tired.

I've also been told you can hear my eyes rolling.

I've learnt not to play poker.

over a year ago

I always type then think.

It's landed me in some awkward situations tbh.

I'm trying to improve. I just get all excited and the fingers just do their thing.

over a year ago

I overthink to the point I sometimes miss the opportunity to speak.

over a year ago

I can't always stop myself, but I try hard to think before I speak x

over a year ago

I overthink things sometimes

.... ok maybe a lot

over a year ago

Never.if it's in,its out.always getting myself in bother for it

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I meant bollocks... not bullocks. Oops "

Forsooth, acting is all about learning yer lines innit sis

Exit stage left

over a year ago

I mostly think first.

I was very proud of myself recently when someone asked me an akward question and i managed to answer in a way that made them happy

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I think...

Therefore i forget to act

By *rowleyMan
over a year ago

Edinburgh

I overthink.

Which is worse when I've had a few drinks.

over a year ago

"I do. I prefer to lift people up rather than not. However, I'm honest, and part of lifting people up might be calling them out on occasion, rather than doing them a disservice by ignoring or colluding with behaviour I don't appreciate. I can be very feisty and have a low tolerance for blinkered self righteousness, and I know that I can be tough. I am aware I'm not perfect and can own my shit, and I'm always willing to explain my view to those that would like to listen. I find people fascinating and how they interact and portray themselves very interesting."

I will back that up 100%.

over a year ago

I should, more.

over a year ago

"Similar to another thread I know, but do you think before you do or say something?

What about you?"

Actually after reading this again i realised that i only bother about what i say to people i love and thats a handfull of people. The rest, well i say whatever comes to mind at the time

over a year ago

I am the same

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Why on earth would I do that??

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Depends on the situation, I tend to think before I act but also love a bit of spontaneity

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It depends. I largely trust myself to speak well and be reasonable - in any event, my brain knows what it's going to say, so there aren't surprises

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Similar to another thread I know, but do you think before you do or say something?

What about you?

Actually after reading this again i realised that i only bother about what i say to people i love and thats a handfull of people. The rest, well i say whatever comes to mind at the time "

Have you ever thought about what you say might affect those people though?

over a year ago

What about you?

Actually after reading this again i realised that i only bother about what i say to people i love and thats a handfull of people. The rest, well i say whatever comes to mind at the time

Have you ever thought about what you say might affect those people though? "

Obviously not at the time, i would guess that all those on this thread who have admitted to speaking without thinking first havnt thought how it might affect those people. Generally im not particularily bothered how it would affect others anyway. I do take care about people i love though so with them i think before i speak.

However, despite what is thought about me, i am a kind person and most of what i say to others is nice so it would affect them in a good way. Not everyone is negative or nasty.

over a year ago

Neveeeer!!!!!!!!

I jump in. Say what I'm thinking as it's normally exactly what I'm thinking. It adds up doesn't it!

By *sianMancMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Depends on the act

By * Kiwis and a BananaMan
over a year ago

Part of your 5 a day

I used to say before I spoke but that landed me in so much shit so now I don't say anything and just over think things:/

over a year ago

Definitely not

My impulsive behaviour has landed me in trouble in the past!

I'd like to think I'm getting better at holding my horses with age- but I'm not

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

What about you?

Obviously not at the time, i would guess that all those on this thread who have admitted to speaking without thinking first havnt thought how it might affect those people. Generally im not particularily bothered how it would affect others anyway. I do take care about people i love though so with them i think before i speak.

However, despite what is thought about me, i am a kind person and most of what i say to others is nice so it would affect them in a good way. Not everyone is negative or nasty."

Exactly, my post wasn't necessarily aimed at what you were saying. I am neither negative nor nasty, but just try to come across as honest as I can be. Some people can take things in a negative way though don't you think?

over a year ago

To be honest I think most posters on here are guilty of this to some extent including myself. It doesn't make us bad people but we are human to which we are always go to make mistakes.

I know I have upset people on here by my tongue in cheek comments and I have Ben upset buy other people's comments.

It would be nice to think I would bite my tongue every time as I do not go out of my way to upset anyone......but as said I'm only human.

over a year ago

"To be honest I think most posters on here are guilty of this to some extent including myself. It doesn't make us bad people but we are human to which we are always go to make mistakes.

I know I have upset people on here by my tongue in cheek comments and I have Ben upset buy other people's comments.

It would be nice to think I would bite my tongue every time as I do not go out of my way to upset anyone......but as said I'm only human.

"

Even in my spelling mistakes

over a year ago

"I do. I prefer to lift people up rather than not. However, I'm honest, and part of lifting people up might be calling them out on occasion, rather than doing them a disservice by ignoring or colluding with behaviour I don't appreciate. I can be very feisty and have a low tolerance for blinkered self righteousness, and I know that I can be tough. I am aware I'm not perfect and can own my shit, and I'm always willing to explain my view to those that would like to listen. I find people fascinating and how they interact and portray themselves very interesting.

I will back that up 100%. "

Grins. Yep, I've pulled you up in love! You know it's in love though. Hugs.

over a year ago

I think about things for a while, i ask the question then explode if i don't get answers.

Im the type of person who says it how i see it. If others don't like that attitude then tough shit.

over a year ago

What about you?

However, despite what is thought about me, i am a kind person and most of what i say to others is nice so it would affect them in a good way. Not everyone is negative or nasty.

Exactly, my post wasn't necessarily aimed at what you were saying. I am neither negative nor nasty, but just try to come across as honest as I can be. Some people can take things in a negative way though don't you think? "

If you are truly interested then ask others who answered the same as me.

Post new Message to Thread