Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Country vs Coast

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm quite an outdoorsy person, i get really antsy if im indoors too long.

I grew up in a coastal town and was on the beach most days (walking the dog, underage drinking, you know!). I miss everything about living there yet I find when I chuck the tent on the bike for an impromptu night under the stars I end up in the country?!

So what's your favourite? I find it too hard to choose!

Are you happy being outside away from it all or do you prefer the comfort of urban living?

What kinda things do you get up to outdoors?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm lucky - 20 minutes of running and I am in to country lanes. 30 minutes of driving and I'm on a beach.

30 minutes of walking and I'm in the centre of a city that isn't huge so is urban enough for me

over a year ago

Coast, but I'm biased

Though, around an hour's walk and I'm in the countryside!

over a year ago

Got to be by the sea, all day long!!

It's so hypnotic, could sit and stare out at Mother Nature all day long

Preferably on a secluded beach with a stunning Scottish lass!!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 03/06/17 12:19:59]

By *owdyboy 890Man
over a year ago

Country West

[Removed by poster at 03/06/17 12:19:08]

By *owdyboy 890Man
over a year ago

Country West

I love the coast I'm only 10 minutes from a popular beach here and there is loads of places to go and do whatever suits here xx

over a year ago

"I'm lucky - 20 minutes of running and I am in to country lanes. 30 minutes of driving and I'm on a beach.

30 minutes of walking and I'm in the centre of a city that isn't huge so is urban enough for me"

I dont have it too bad really. I live in the city centre but there are parks and gardens I can walk to. The beach has a big fancy promenade which means its always busy. Ive got big Arthur's Seat to climb but its covered in tourists or stones.

I like to feel like im the only person there sometimes

over a year ago

To answer the title question I would recommend coastal for the many Hayfever sufferer's at this time

over a year ago

"Coast, but I'm biased

Though, around an hour's walk and I'm in the countryside!"

I do miss the sound of the sea x

over a year ago

I'm a 2 minute drive from the beach and I can see rolling hills of countryside out of my bedroom window. Best of both worlds I think. I'm drawn to the sea tho, there's something therapeutic about it. I just love the expanse of it and I love watching the huge cargo ship sailing in and out of Liverpool.

over a year ago

"Got to be by the sea, all day long!!

Preferably on a secluded beach with a stunning Scottish lass!!"

Im coming. Unless you meant someone else in which case ill just sit back down

over a year ago

"I love the coast I'm only 10 minutes from a popular beach here and there is loads of places to go and do whatever suits here xx"

Do you like it being busy?

over a year ago

Also, I'd just like to add that I'm literally up from the road from the beach, and I know I'm lucky

over a year ago

"

To answer the title question I would recommend coastal for the many Hayfever sufferer's at this time "

Amen to that!

over a year ago

I've always lived in a city and I love how its always busy. 20 mon drive and I'm in the city centre, I can get to a beach in under an hour, yet there's a beautiful patch of green about 5 min walk away which is silent.

Hated living in the valleys, it was too quiet, had to move to Cardiff centre for my last year of uni

over a year ago

"I'm a 2 minute drive from the beach and I can see rolling hills of countryside out of my bedroom window. Best of both worlds I think. I'm drawn to the sea tho, there's something therapeutic about it. I just love the expanse of it and I love watching the huge cargo ship sailing in and out of Liverpool. "

Can I move in? Your place sounds perfect!

over a year ago

Im coming. Unless you meant someone else in which case ill just sit back down "

Would love to take you to the sea, our own little paradise island!!

over a year ago

"I've always lived in a city and I love how its always busy. 20 mon drive and I'm in the city centre, I can get to a beach in under an hour, yet there's a beautiful patch of green about 5 min walk away which is silent.

Hated living in the valleys, it was too quiet, had to move to Cardiff centre for my last year of uni "

I have to say I was sceptical about city living but I have grown to love it too. I love that theres always something going on and so many things to do.

over a year ago

My whole game plan is to move to Sussex because it's coastal and rural/semi rural.

I thought about the West Country but it too cloudy and rainy. Sussex is the sunniest place in the uk which is the other biggest priority.

I've never liked densely populated areas and hate cities, crowds, traffic and LOVE natural surroundings and wildlife. I love the peaceful tranquility it evokes.

Nice thread

over a year ago

I couldn't choose!

I love a cool, shaded beech wood where the green leaves of the trees are letting in dappled sunlight onto the wood floor, and everything around feels like it's taking in a long deep breath. Or a rolling field or meadow, all long grass and wildflowers, or crop of barley waving in the light breeze, the rustle whispering the whole reach of the field as if telling you a secret. Sloe berry picking from the hedgerows after first frost in readiness for Christmas gin-making, the gurgling of a brook and rustle of a vole through the reeds, or river whooshing against rocks so you can't quite hear yourself. Vast skies and baked, parched saltmarsh under your bare feet as you walk towards the beach, the pull of sand as you stride up into a dune, prickling marram grass catching your leg, until you reach the peak and then the sand and coastline stretched out before you as far as you can see.

I could go on. I adore being out of the urban environment. Although I have great love of the city landscape too -- I'm a bit of a romantic in how I experience my immediate surroundings, with an excitable imagination.

over a year ago

"I couldn't choose!

I love a cool, shaded beech wood where the green leaves of the trees are letting in dappled sunlight onto the wood floor, and everything around feels like it's taking in a long deep breath. Or a rolling field or meadow, all long grass and wildflowers, or crop of barley waving in the light breeze, the rustle whispering the whole reach of the field as if telling you a secret. Sloe berry picking from the hedgerows after first frost in readiness for Christmas gin-making, the gurgling of a brook and rustle of a vole through the reeds, or river whooshing against rocks so you can't quite hear yourself. Vast skies and baked, parched saltmarsh under your bare feet as you walk towards the beach, the pull of sand as you stride up into a dune, prickling marram grass catching your leg, until you reach the peak and then the sand and coastline stretched out before you as far as you can see.

I could go on. I adore being out of the urban environment. Although I have great love of the city landscape too -- I'm a bit of a romantic in how I experience my immediate surroundings, with an excitable imagination. "

Wanna jump on my bike? I'll show you what Scotland has to offer. You'll love it.

over a year ago

"My whole game plan is to move to Sussex because it's coastal and rural/semi rural.

I thought about the West Country but it too cloudy and rainy. Sussex is the sunniest place in the uk which is the other biggest priority.

I've never liked densely populated areas and hate cities, crowds, traffic and LOVE natural surroundings and wildlife. I love the peaceful tranquility it evokes.

Nice thread "

That's it thought. I like just hearing nothing. I also really really like darkness.

There's places up north so far removed from artificial light the sky looks completely different at night, the stars can be seen so clearly!

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm not really a coastal person. Where I grew up there were acres of countryside and beautiful woods. That to me is bliss. And if I wanted to get into a more urbanised area it was only a fifteen minute drive away. Having said that I do miss Cults.

Where I am now is good - I'm in the countryside, under a hour away from an AONB and two major cities.

In the Spring, I can walk five minutes and be surrounded by the beautiful aroma of bluebells and the earthy rawness of the woods. Come summer and the blossoming fields are a delight to walk in at evening.

And Waitrose is about ten minutes away.

over a year ago

Looking for my Ursula Andres to exit the sea looking like something Neptune himself as sent as a gift

Any takers?

over a year ago

I like the outdoors and I don't think there's a need to choose between the coast and the country - especially in this country where everything is so close together.

I was born and raised in NYC, so I'll always be a city girl. I like the anonymity of crowds, I like the vibrancy and the fast pace of living, I like the different people and personalities.

But my parents also have a country house we used to go to every weekend and for 2 months in the summer in upstate New York. It's very rural, on 3 acres of land and on a river. I lived for the times I got to spend there - pure happiness was heading to the lake and swimming under the trees.

I guess what I'm saying is that I like it all. And with a car, I can have I all. Traveling around is my favorite pastime.

over a year ago

"I'm not really a coastal person. Where I grew up there were acres of countryside and beautiful woods. That to me is bliss. And if I wanted to get into a more urbanised area it was only a fifteen minute drive away. Having said that I do miss Cults.

Where I am now is good - I'm in the countryside, under a hour away from an AONB and two major cities.

In the Spring, I can walk five minutes and be surrounded by the beautiful aroma of bluebells and the earthy rawness of the woods. Come summer and the blossoming fields are a delight to walk in at evening.

And Waitrose is about ten minutes away. "

Sounds heavenly. I love a Waitrose

over a year ago

"I've always lived in a city and I love how its always busy. 20 mon drive and I'm in the city centre, I can get to a beach in under an hour, yet there's a beautiful patch of green about 5 min walk away which is silent.

Hated living in the valleys, it was too quiet, had to move to Cardiff centre for my last year of uni

I have to say I was sceptical about city living but I have grown to love it too. I love that theres always something going on and so many things to do. "

Yay another convert

I like how the city literally never sleeps, and every night of the week you can find bars open.

Oh and who doesn't like being able to get a fresh made pizza at 4am

over a year ago

We live in the countryside which I love, we have long country walks and picnics with some beautiful views, we have often thought about living closer to a beach but I think it would get to busy during the summer months for us. We can get to a beach in under an hour but it's not really a favourite of hours so it's closer to two hour trip to the south coast for us. For now at least we'll keep the coast for holidays.

over a year ago

Would love to take you to the sea, our own little paradise island!!"

Can I call you Robinson?

over a year ago

Would love to take you to the sea, our own little paradise island!!

Of course you can my girl Friday (or any day that ends in Y)

Can I call you Robinson? "

By *obwithkiltMan
over a year ago

Belton

I used to live in the Dales, my run went up hill & down Dale... I miss it so much as it's too flat here.. My ex wife was so surprised I moved here as she "expected you to be a beach bum or live in the middle of nowhere by now... Or on a boat" dream is Anglesey or highlands... Best of both worlds

over a year ago

"Looking for my Ursula Andres to exit the sea looking like something Neptune himself as sent as a gift

Any takers?"

I have a bikini and I sing

over a year ago

"I like the outdoors and I don't think there's a need to choose between the coast and the country - especially in this country where everything is so close together.

I was born and raised in NYC, so I'll always be a city girl. I like the anonymity of crowds, I like the vibrancy and the fast pace of living, I like the different people and personalities.

But my parents also have a country house we used to go to every weekend and for 2 months in the summer in upstate New York. It's very rural, on 3 acres of land and on a river. I lived for the times I got to spend there - pure happiness was heading to the lake and swimming under the trees.

I guess what I'm saying is that I like it all. And with a car, I can have I all. Traveling around is my favorite pastime. "

That's really cool to be able to appreciate everything for what it is x

over a year ago

I live in the edge of a national forest, can see it surrounding our town from my bedroom window. A 10 minute walk and I'm in amongst the trees. We have some stunning views here and it's a place I've spent many a day walking around it. I do like being in the country. But like the beach occasionally. X

over a year ago

I have to say I was sceptical about city living but I have grown to love it too. I love that theres always something going on and so many things to do.

Yay another convert

I like how the city literally never sleeps, and every night of the week you can find bars open.

Oh and who doesn't like being able to get a fresh made pizza at 4am "

Theres a 24 hour bakery within walking distance of my house

over a year ago

"We live in the countryside which I love, we have long country walks and picnics with some beautiful views, we have often thought about living closer to a beach but I think it would get to busy during the summer months for us. We can get to a beach in under an hour but it's not really a favourite of hours so it's closer to two hour trip to the south coast for us. For now at least we'll keep the coast for holidays."

Yeah that's kinda cool too. At least your holidays are different to home life! Ive never really lived in the countryside but it definitely appeals.

over a year ago

You should see the view in front of me now, out of my lounge window.

My house is 800 ft up the side of a mountain, with views for 25 miles out over Anglesey and the Irish Sea.

I can be in wonderful open countryside withing 2 minutes, or on a deserted beach within half-an-hour.

My choice to live here, and I couldn't live in a city if my life depended upon it!

over a year ago

"Looking for my Ursula Andres to exit the sea looking like something Neptune himself as sent as a gift

Any takers?

I have a bikini and I sing "

Step this way miss Honey Ryder!

over a year ago

"I used to live in the Dales, my run went up hill & down Dale... I miss it so much as it's too flat here.. My ex wife was so surprised I moved here as she "expected you to be a beach bum or live in the middle of nowhere by now... Or on a boat" dream is Anglesey or highlands... Best of both worlds "

I'll meet you in the Highlands. Its my dream

over a year ago

"I'm a 2 minute drive from the beach and I can see rolling hills of countryside out of my bedroom window. Best of both worlds I think. I'm drawn to the sea tho, there's something therapeutic about it. I just love the expanse of it and I love watching the huge cargo ship sailing in and out of Liverpool.

Can I move in? Your place sounds perfect! "

Yep, one way ticket in the post

over a year ago

"I live in the edge of a national forest, can see it surrounding our town from my bedroom window. A 10 minute walk and I'm in amongst the trees. We have some stunning views here and it's a place I've spent many a day walking around it. I do like being in the country. But like the beach occasionally. X "

Sounds beautiful!

over a year ago

"You should see the view in front of me now, out of my lounge window.

My house is 800 ft up the side of a mountain, with views for 25 miles out over Anglesey and the Irish Sea.

I can be in wonderful open countryside withing 2 minutes, or on a deserted beach within half-an-hour.

My choice to live here, and I couldn't live in a city if my life depended upon it!

"

Aaww it sounds great. I can see a cocktail bar, kebab shop and whole load of flats!

over a year ago

"I'm lucky - 20 minutes of running and I am in to country lanes. 30 minutes of driving and I'm on a beach.

30 minutes of walking and I'm in the centre of a city that isn't huge so is urban enough for me

I dont have it too bad really. I live in the city centre but there are parks and gardens I can walk to. The beach has a big fancy promenade which means its always busy. Ive got big Arthur's Seat to climb but its covered in tourists or stones.

I like to feel like im the only person there sometimes "

I went up it around 7am - hardly anyone there then

over a year ago

I went up it around 7am - hardly anyone there then "

Only the crazy people

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I'm lucky to live on the coast in a national park and I head off walking in the mountains as much as possible.

I think I'd go bonkers if I didn't have those on my doorstep .

over a year ago

Yay another convert

Theres a 24 hour bakery within walking distance of my house "

OMG that sounds amazing

I'm going to have to change which end of the country I live at

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

I grew up In Gibraltar and Chiclana in Spain. I had the Coast the Country and in Gib the bustle of a small city(ish)

I loved a quiet sweeping beach the most with pine trees behind and nothing for miles.

I miss the Sea.

over a year ago

"I'm lucky to live on the coast in a national park and I head off walking in the mountains as much as possible.

I think I'd go bonkers if I didn't have those on my doorstep ."

Aw everyone is making jealous! Life goals though, im not sure im ready for complete tranquility quite yet!

over a year ago

I went up it around 7am - hardly anyone there then

Only the crazy people "

True

over a year ago

Yay another convert

OMG that sounds amazing

I'm going to have to change which end of the country I live at "

Its great when you cant sleep. Have a wander, buy some croissants, nap, eat them for breakfast!

over a year ago

I live in the country.it's beautiful.wouldn't move if you paid me

over a year ago

"I grew up In Gibraltar and Chiclana in Spain. I had the Coast the Country and in Gib the bustle of a small city(ish)

I loved a quiet sweeping beach the most with pine trees behind and nothing for miles.

I miss the Sea. "

over a year ago

"I live in the country.it's beautiful.wouldn't move if you paid me "

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

Although I live in the beautiful North Bucks Countryside with nothing but fields and woodland over my garden hedge. So it's not all bad.

Noisy shagging hedgehogs aside

By *owdyboy 890Man
over a year ago

Country West

"I love the coast I'm only 10 minutes from a popular beach here and there is loads of places to go and do whatever suits here xx

Do you like it being busy? "

Yep I love it being busy cause in Winter it can get very quiet around here xx

over a year ago

".....Yay another convert

OMG that sounds amazing

Its great when you cant sleep. Have a wander, buy some croissants, nap, eat them for breakfast! "

That's heaven for a pastry loving insomniac like me

over a year ago

We're lucky as we live in country. 15 mins from beach 15 min to town

For us we like to live in country. We love visiting beaches and harbours but always happy to return home to silence or birds cheerfully chirping away

We have woods at the bottom of our garden we would love a lake or stream to go with it

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

I'm really lucky as I live within a mile of the sea and work almost surrounded by it. If I want countryside I have some lovely rural cointryside within 20 minites and two national parks within 45 minutes ride away.

At the moment I'm waiting on the delivery of a multi-purpose watercraft which should give me a whole new way to explore Howards Way country.

over a year ago

I'm around a couple of hours drive of most places I could want to go... but I will always choose the coast

over a year ago

i live minutes from both.. its perfect. Could never live away from the sea.

over a year ago

To be honest I'm a mountain guy, if I haven't got a snowboard strapped to my feet I'm bombing down a track in my bike. Love being up high in the sky.

over a year ago

i am such a splendidly lucky chap ,i have both on my doorstep . In five minutes i can be walking in the hills with pooch . Also in the same five minutes we can be wandering along the beach .

I am just a happy outdoors chap

over a year ago

"Although I live in the beautiful North Bucks Countryside with nothing but fields and woodland over my garden hedge. So it's not all bad.

Noisy shagging hedgehogs aside"

What noise do shagging hedgehogs make?!?

By *G LanaTV/TS
over a year ago

Gosport

"Although I live in the beautiful North Bucks Countryside with nothing but fields and woodland over my garden hedge. So it's not all bad.

What noise do shagging hedgehogs make?!? "

Ouch, ouch, OUCH, springs to mind.

over a year ago

".....Yay another convert

OMG that sounds amazing

Its great when you cant sleep. Have a wander, buy some croissants, nap, eat them for breakfast!

That's heaven for a pastry loving insomniac like me "

Come hang out one day. If you can hold out til 8am theres an incredible sicilian bakery I know!

over a year ago

"We're lucky as we live in country. 15 mins from beach 15 min to town

For us we like to live in country. We love visiting beaches and harbours but always happy to return home to silence or birds cheerfully chirping away

We have woods at the bottom of our garden we would love a lake or stream to go with it "

Sounds perfect x

over a year ago

"I'm really lucky as I live within a mile of the sea and work almost surrounded by it. If I want countryside I have some lovely rural cointryside within 20 minites and two national parks within 45 minutes ride away.

At the moment I'm waiting on the delivery of a multi-purpose watercraft which should give me a whole new way to explore Howards Way country. "

Oooooohhh sounds fun!

over a year ago

"I'm around a couple of hours drive of most places I could want to go... but I will always choose the coast "

I think if I was forced it would be coast for me. You can get lost just sitting watching the waves

over a year ago

"i live minutes from both.. its perfect. Could never live away from the sea. "

Youre so lucky x

over a year ago

"To be honest I'm a mountain guy, if I haven't got a snowboard strapped to my feet I'm bombing down a track in my bike. Love being up high in the sky.

"

See that's the thing, I currently have a Monroe bagging obsession but I find if im going up in the mountains its pre planned. If I just decide to go on a whim im more likely to end up somewhere more tranquil.

over a year ago

" i am such a splendidly lucky chap ,i have both on my doorstep . In five minutes i can be walking in the hills with pooch . Also in the same five minutes we can be wandering along the beach .

I am just a happy outdoors chap "

What does pooch prefer though?

over a year ago

Living in Beirut (Stoke), leaves us around a 2 hour drive to any decent beaches. We do have the Peak District on our doorstep though so if we fancy stomping round the hills or grabbing a sneaky night of wild camping out, it's a 20 minute drive away.

over a year ago

I grew up in Brum, ended up in Hertfordshire via London which I suspect explains why I will always choose countryside over the coast simply because the coast has always been too far away to spend too much there.

If I am on the coast beaches bore me and I;ll always seek out cliff paths and coastal walks. I love been out in the countryside, be it walking, running or cycling. Ideally somewhere isolated where I;ll see more animals than people

over a year ago

"Living in Beirut (Stoke), leaves us around a 2 hour drive to any decent beaches. We do have the Peak District on our doorstep though so if we fancy stomping round the hills or grabbing a sneaky night of wild camping out, it's a 20 minute drive away. "

I cant imagine being that far from a beach. Mine might be busy but its like 15 min away

over a year ago

"I couldn't choose!

I could go on. I adore being out of the urban environment. Although I have great love of the city landscape too -- I'm a bit of a romantic in how I experience my immediate surroundings, with an excitable imagination. "

This is so

Please tell me you're writing a book!

over a year ago

"I grew up in Brum, ended up in Hertfordshire via London which I suspect explains why I will always choose countryside over the coast simply because the coast has always been too far away to spend too much there.

If I am on the coast beaches bore me and I;ll always seek out cliff paths and coastal walks. I love been out in the countryside, be it walking, running or cycling. Ideally somewhere isolated where I;ll see more animals than people"

I have to say I grew up next to a rocky beach and I do prefer that to sand, its more interesting to walk.

Saying that a wee handheld moonlight stroll on the sand wouldn't go amiss sometimes!

over a year ago

Ouch, ouch, OUCH, springs to mind."

Hahahahahaha!!!

over a year ago

"Living in Beirut (Stoke), leaves us around a 2 hour drive to any decent beaches. We do have the Peak District on our doorstep though so if we fancy stomping round the hills or grabbing a sneaky night of wild camping out, it's a 20 minute drive away.

I cant imagine being that far from a beach. Mine might be busy but its like 15 min away"

Luckily (for now), I need the mountains more than the beach. One day I'll have the body for the beach

over a year ago

".....Theres a 24 hour bakery within walking distance of my house

OMG that sounds amazing

Come hang out one day. If you can hold out til 8am theres an incredible sicilian bakery I know! "

OooOoo that's very tempting....it almost feels like a trap

over a year ago

I looooooooove visiting the coast.

But I'm a country boy. Grew up with our back garden looking out over the fields and hills which were my playground for many years.

I need trees to climb, rivers to wade through and hills with spectacular views to sit on and zone out. Saying that, nothing beats the coast for clearing your mind...

By *atsun xxxMan
over a year ago

Nr LOUTH Lincolnshire

I live in a small rural village, surrounded by farmland. 2 miles west and it's the rolling Lincolnshire wolds stunning scenic views. Then roll the other way 2 miles east and it's the unspoilt Lincolnshire coast were I get naked with nature. Recently I have found myself loving city breaks, just a few nights. Strolling round doing touristy things and clothes shopping . But get back home again and it's lovely and quiet xxx

over a year ago

"Living in Beirut (Stoke), leaves us around a 2 hour drive to any decent beaches. We do have the Peak District on our doorstep though so if we fancy stomping round the hills or grabbing a sneaky night of wild camping out, it's a 20 minute drive away.

I cant imagine being that far from a beach. Mine might be busy but its like 15 min away

Luckily (for now), I need the mountains more than the beach. One day I'll have the body for the beach "

Keep climbing the mountains

over a year ago

OMG that sounds amazing

Come hang out one day. If you can hold out til 8am theres an incredible sicilian bakery I know!

OooOoo that's very tempting....it almost feels like a trap "

I mean....I will feed you nice things....doesn't mean im making you so fat you cant leave.....

over a year ago

"I'm around a couple of hours drive of most places I could want to go... but I will always choose the coast

I think if I was forced it would be coast for me. You can get lost just sitting watching the waves"

Yep! They can be hypnotic and beautifully calming or powerfull, raw and ferociously invigorating. Or if I am lucky, just right to get amongst them for a surf

over a year ago

"I looooooooove visiting the coast.

But I'm a country boy. Grew up with our back garden looking out over the fields and hills which were my playground for many years.

I need trees to climb, rivers to wade through and hills with spectacular views to sit on and zone out. Saying that, nothing beats the coast for clearing your mind..."

Wanna come live in the Western Isles with me? Best of both then. Rural and coastal.

over a year ago

"I'm around a couple of hours drive of most places I could want to go... but I will always choose the coast

I think if I was forced it would be coast for me. You can get lost just sitting watching the waves

Yep! They can be hypnotic and beautifully calming or powerfull, raw and ferociously invigorating. Or if I am lucky, just right to get amongst them for a surf "

Haha I was actually gonna ask if you surfed but then thought it was silly cos you didn't mention being in the actual water! You must give off a surfy vibe!

over a year ago

I need trees to climb, rivers to wade through and hills with spectacular views to sit on and zone out. Saying that, nothing beats the coast for clearing your mind...

Wanna come live in the Western Isles with me? Best of both then. Rural and coastal. "

Reckon I'd be happy anywhere If I were living with you... but fuck yes, the Western Isles sounds good to me!

over a year ago

Wanna come live in the Western Isles with me? Best of both then. Rural and coastal.

Reckon I'd be happy anywhere If I were living with you... but fuck yes, the Western Isles sounds good to me! "

Oh im a nightmare to live with. Total clean freak, id probably have to keep you in a nice neat place in the cupboard.

over a year ago

Yep! They can be hypnotic and beautifully calming or powerfull, raw and ferociously invigorating. Or if I am lucky, just right to get amongst them for a surf

Haha I was actually gonna ask if you surfed but then thought it was silly cos you didn't mention being in the actual water! You must give off a surfy vibe!"

Could be. Or maybe it's my increasingly hippyish tendencies and leanings I'm not quite calling folks Dude all the time though... yet

over a year ago

Reckon I'd be happy anywhere If I were living with you... but fuck yes, the Western Isles sounds good to me!

Oh im a nightmare to live with. Total clean freak, id probably have to keep you in a nice neat place in the cupboard. "

I know I said I'd be happy anywhere, but c'mon!!!

Couldn't I live in a shed in the garden or something?

over a year ago

Haha I was actually gonna ask if you surfed but then thought it was silly cos you didn't mention being in the actual water! You must give off a surfy vibe!

Could be. Or maybe it's my increasingly hippyish tendencies and leanings I'm not quite calling folks Dude all the time though... yet "

And also I looked at your pics after I posted this so maybe they had subconsciously implanted in my brain

over a year ago

OMG that sounds amazing

I mean....I will feed you nice things....doesn't mean im making you so fat you cant leave..... "

Hmmm. Sounds legit.

I might need a walk along the beach after...purely to help burn off those nice things

over a year ago

Oh im a nightmare to live with. Total clean freak, id probably have to keep you in a nice neat place in the cupboard.

Couldn't I live in a shed in the garden or something? "

Ok but im calling you Gnomeo

over a year ago

OMG that sounds amazing

I mean....I will feed you nice things....doesn't mean im making you so fat you cant leave.....

Hmmm. Sounds legit.

I might need a walk along the beach after...purely to help burn off those nice things "

No no the beach is too far, come have a lie down on the sofa instead......

over a year ago

Could be. Or maybe it's my increasingly hippyish tendencies and leanings I'm not quite calling folks Dude all the time though... yet

And also I looked at your pics after I posted this so maybe they had subconsciously implanted in my brain "

Could be a giveaway there

By *iss.HoneyWoman
over a year ago

Coast...20 minutes from some of the finest beaches in the land.

By *dy-ukTV/TS
over a year ago

Alcester

"I couldn't choose!

I could go on. I adore being out of the urban environment. Although I have great love of the city landscape too -- I'm a bit of a romantic in how I experience my immediate surroundings, with an excitable imagination.

Wanna jump on my bike? I'll show you what Scotland has to offer. You'll love it. "

Can I come.... can come on my own bike :D

over a year ago

Couldn't I live in a shed in the garden or something?

Ok but im calling you Gnomeo "

I can live with that!

over a year ago

OMG that sounds amazing

Hmmm. Sounds legit.

I might need a walk along the beach after...purely to help burn off those nice things

No no the beach is too far, come have a lie down on the sofa instead...... "

Just make sure you take off your shoes first cyberjam. She'll cut your legs off if you make a mark on the sofa...

over a year ago

"I couldn't choose!

Wanna jump on my bike? I'll show you what Scotland has to offer. You'll love it.

Can I come.... can come on my own bike :D

"

Sure! The more the merrier! X

over a year ago

OMG that sounds amazing

Hmmm. Sounds legit.

Just make sure you take off your shoes first cyberjam. She'll cut your legs off if you make a mark on the sofa... "

Haha!

over a year ago

".....Come hang out one day. If you can hold out til 8am theres an incredible sicilian bakery I know!

Hmmm. Sounds legit.

No no the beach is too far, come have a lie down on the sofa instead...... "

I knew it was a trap

I thought I could trust a bunny offering treats. It better be a comfy sofa

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

What noise do shagging hedgehogs make?!? "

A sort of Ashmatic grunting noise.

You will know it when you hear it.

over a year ago

".....

Hmmm. Sounds legit.

Just make sure you take off your shoes first cyberjam. She'll cut your legs off if you make a mark on the sofa... "

over a year ago

Although my town has its many faults it has a fantastic beacon with an amazing countryside and an alluring view of the irish sea and welsh mountains. Im looking at the view right now from my couch

over a year ago

Countryside and woods. I love camping out and getting back to nature. Just nobody else around me likes to. That's why I go for walks. That doesn't feel as weird as sleeping alone.

Beaches are cool, surf and sand. What's not to like.

over a year ago

"Although my town has its many faults it has a fantastic beacon with an amazing countryside and an alluring view of the irish sea and welsh mountains. Im looking at the view right now from my couch "

I can see that beacon from my window and I'm about 10-15 miles towards the sea from you.

By *oachman 9CoolMan
over a year ago

derby

Well always liveing in land it was always nice to see the coast or sea but I like the countryside to, when on holiday with parents we went out normally on holiday at specific times of the year at one time it was mainly june/july/august occasionally in september, then in later years it was in may I,ve loved to see the seasons change and the associated flora with it and a love of nature is something I,ll always have mainly simple things I,ve had more pleasure from in life and found it more rewarding for my being.

over a year ago

".....

Hmmm. Sounds legit.

Just make sure you take off your shoes first cyberjam. She'll cut your legs off if you make a mark on the sofa...

"

Why do you think she started calling me Gnomeo?

over a year ago

I'm literally a mile from the beach and less than a mile from the South Downs. I'll take that thank you very much

over a year ago

".....Come hang out one day. If you can hold out til 8am theres an incredible sicilian bakery I know!

Hmmm. Sounds legit.

I knew it was a trap

I thought I could trust a bunny offering treats. It better be a comfy sofa "

Ssssssssoooooo comfy

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Coast

over a year ago

A sort of Ashmatic grunting noise.

You will know it when you hear it. "

I kinda want to! Is it as good as the tortoise noise?

over a year ago

"Although my town has its many faults it has a fantastic beacon with an amazing countryside and an alluring view of the irish sea and welsh mountains. Im looking at the view right now from my couch "

Can I come for a cuppa and a seat on your sofa? Ill bring biscuits!

over a year ago

"Countryside and woods. I love camping out and getting back to nature. Just nobody else around me likes to. That's why I go for walks. That doesn't feel as weird as sleeping alone.

Beaches are cool, surf and sand. What's not to like. "

I actually love wild camping alone but sometimes I wake up scared during the night

over a year ago

"Well always liveing in land it was always nice to see the coast or sea but I like the countryside to, when on holiday with parents we went out normally on holiday at specific times of the year at one time it was mainly june/july/august occasionally in september, then in later years it was in may I,ve loved to see the seasons change and the associated flora with it and a love of nature is something I,ll always have mainly simple things I,ve had more pleasure from in life and found it more rewarding for my being. "

Aw me too. I think its good to be able to appreciate the beauty in things we have on earth not things we make.

over a year ago

"I'm literally a mile from the beach and less than a mile from the South Downs. I'll take that thank you very much "

Ah but isn't Brighton beach shingle? I think my feet would hurt!

over a year ago

"Coast"

Very definite! I like it

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Live in the country and only 15 minutes to the beach...

Can't believe my luck

over a year ago

".....Hmmm. Sounds legit.

I knew it was a trap

Ssssssssoooooo comfy "

I feel like the frog in water on the stove

But your sofa sound like a nice place to rest

By *dy-ukTV/TS
over a year ago

Alcester

"Countryside and woods. I love camping out and getting back to nature. Just nobody else around me likes to. That's why I go for walks. That doesn't feel as weird as sleeping alone.

I actually love wild camping alone but sometimes I wake up scared during the night "

Last time I went camping, few months ago, some mates had modern hammocks.

Fantastic! Modern hammocks have come a long way, very stable, comfortable and easy to pack and put up. Just a light cover sheet to tie out, over your space and job done.

I'm converted. Just need to buy one

over a year ago

I grew up in a valley so outdoors is definitely my preference, even went on a 3 week camping holiday to Canada

over a year ago

"Live in the country and only 15 minutes to the beach...

Can't believe my luck "

Perfect!

over a year ago

".....Hmmm. Sounds legit.

I knew it was a trap

Ssssssssoooooo comfy

But your sofa sound like a nice place to rest "

Come on cutey. Have a wee seat next to me

over a year ago

I actually love wild camping alone but sometimes I wake up scared during the night

Last time I went camping, few months ago, some mates had modern hammocks.

Fantastic! Modern hammocks have come a long way, very stable, comfortable and easy to pack and put up. Just a light cover sheet to tie out, over your space and job done.

I'm converted. Just need to buy one "

Oooooohhh that sound amazing! Im gonna have a look x

over a year ago

"I grew up in a valley so outdoors is definitely my preference, even went on a 3 week camping holiday to Canada "

Ooooohh did you tour around?

over a year ago

I actually love wild camping alone but sometimes I wake up scared during the night "

You don't have to be alone.

over a year ago

"I grew up in a valley so outdoors is definitely my preference, even went on a 3 week camping holiday to Canada

Ooooohh did you tour around? "

Yep, rented a car did 2000 miles with a tent and mini stove in the trunk .

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

Has to be the coast no matter what the weather is like....its still calming

By *ilberryMan
over a year ago

Scarborough

I am so lucky, living miles away from anywhere on the top of a cliff, only downer not many meets to be had- but hey you can't have it all?

over a year ago

You don't have to be alone. "

Is that an offer mister bee?

over a year ago

"I grew up in a valley so outdoors is definitely my preference, even went on a 3 week camping holiday to Canada

Ooooohh did you tour around?

Yep, rented a car did 2000 miles with a tent and mini stove in the trunk ."

Sounds epic

over a year ago

"Has to be the coast no matter what the weather is like....its still calming "

Are you lucky enough to live close?

over a year ago

"I am so lucky, living miles away from anywhere on the top of a cliff, only downer not many meets to be had- but hey you can't have it all? "

I bet you get all the birds up there

over a year ago

"I'm literally a mile from the beach and less than a mile from the South Downs. I'll take that thank you very much

Ah but isn't Brighton beach shingle? I think my feet would hurt! "

Silly, there's a piggy back service provided

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

This is a personal conundrum, I love both so cannot chose one over the other

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"This is a personal conundrum, I love both so cannot chose one over the other "

I've spent time living in both

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

I'm not far from the south coast, but I live in the country. I like both, but am not known for my fondness of towns.

over a year ago

".....Ssssssssoooooo comfy

But your sofa sound like a nice place to rest

Come on cutey. Have a wee seat next to me "

Well if you insist...i will keep an eye on you though. Can't let my guard down

By *oxic1998Woman
over a year ago

Belfast

"Has to be the coast no matter what the weather is like....its still calming

Are you lucky enough to live close?"

Was brought up by the voast in england. I now live about 30 minutes away.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Either like out in the countryside like the lakes, or the seaside.

Post new Message to Thread