Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Reality TV

Jump to newest

By * and M looking OP   Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

We hate it with maybe the exception of First Dates (If you would class that as RT).

We can list many but would be here all day so here are ours that we detest.

Anything containing Kardashians

TOWIE

Big Brother

The Real housewives (of anywhere)

And of course Jeremy Kyle.

They're just brain dead viewing.

Whats yours

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just the other day I overheard a university student ( female probably late teens early twenties) having a phone conversation where she was explaining her intention was to peruse a career as a professional youtuber

Her driving motive was the unashamed desire to become a celebrity.....

over a year ago

"We hate it with maybe the exception of First Dates (If you would class that as RT).

We can list many but would be here all day so here are ours that we detest.

Anything containing Kardashians

TOWIE

Big Brother

The Real housewives (of anywhere)

And of course Jeremy Kyle.

They're just brain dead viewing.

Whats yours"

I'm with you! Was having this conversation last night with some people.

Can't stand the so called reality TV like TOWIE not sure how they claim it can be when it's all staged.

over a year ago

Worcester

Missed One

The Ultimate

The Mommy Diaries with Sam Faiers

(Please pass me a razor blade)!

over a year ago

You must be a real fan OP. I've only seen Big Brother so can't comment on the others.

Why do you watch things you know you won't like?

over a year ago

Worcester

"You must be a real fan OP. I've only seen Big Brother so can't comment on the others.

Why do you watch things you know you won't like? "

We don't, just the trailers make us want to hack.

Where is the Reality in any of them???

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Ardgay

Avoid them like the plague.

Unless do you count Catfish as reality TV?

Occasionally watch that if others in the house are. The psychology is interesting, but wouldn't actually tune in to it myself.

over a year ago

As soon as I figur out it's regality tv format, I switch off. . Wedding dresses/kardashians/cakes

over a year ago

Worcester

"Just the other day I overheard a university student ( female probably late teens early twenties) having a phone conversation where she was explaining her intention was to peruse a career as a professional youtuber

Her driving motive was the unashamed desire to become a celebrity.....

"

And that is the Reality of today's youth, just want something for nothing, we wont employ them as they aren't worth the effort.

over a year ago

Worcester

"As soon as I figur out it's regality tv format, I switch off. . Wedding dresses/kardashians/cakes"

Bravo, thank god for Amazon we say

Roll on the next "Grand Tour"

over a year ago

Noooo! I love Towie and made in Chelsea but the best, for me, is I'm a celebrity. Don't you even like that?

I was on a reality programme.

over a year ago

A world without Joey Essex would be less entertaining

over a year ago

"You must be a real fan OP. I've only seen Big Brother so can't comment on the others.

Why do you watch things you know you won't like?

We don't, just the trailers make us want to hack.

Where is the Reality in any of them???"

Ah yeah I don't like the trailers either. That's why I don't watch.

But then I don't like cakes or cars or football but lots of people do.

over a year ago

"Noooo! I love Towie and made in Chelsea but the best, for me, is I'm a celebrity. Don't you even like that?

I was on a reality programme. "

Which one?

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

"As soon as I figur out it's regality tv format, I switch off. . Wedding dresses/kardashians/cakes

Roll on the next "Grand Tour""

+1 for Grand Tour

over a year ago

"Noooo! I love Towie and made in Chelsea but the best, for me, is I'm a celebrity. Don't you even like that?

Which one? "

That would be telling

over a year ago

I don't have a TV for this reason!

I'd rather stab myself in the face than watch any reality drivel, soaps or home improvement day time TV - noooooooooooooo!

You can watch anything your heart desires online without adverts.

By *rishman75Man
over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

I can't stand reality TV and I have a friend in Liverpool who is in charge of the uk version on storage wars and she told me it is all scripted . I won't let my kids watch any of that shite.

over a year ago

It makes people with no talent rich for doing fuck all.

Look at that Chantelle person. Became a celebrity for not being a celebrity. People are supposed to do something worth celebrating to earn that moniker.

Instead we get fucking dullards like Joey Essex and Amy Childs raking in cash for adding the square root of fuck all to humanity.

over a year ago

"As soon as I figur out it's regality tv format, I switch off. . Wedding dresses/kardashians/cakes

Roll on the next "Grand Tour"

+1 for Grand Tour "

Even grand tour/top gear is the same format year after year. how master chef get viewers to tune in each year has me questioning do we like new things, or are we just watching these because we are stuck in a routine.

By *udistnorthantsMan
over a year ago

Desborough

The Dave channel has kept going on a healthy diet of three middle aged blokes cocking around in cars for years..... if it ain't broke...

over a year ago

Which one?

That would be telling "

Awwww

over a year ago

Not keen on the kardashians show...but i wouldnt kick them out of bed

By *eistreMan
over a year ago

London/Norfolk

I thought that the point of TV was to allow the viewer to escape from reality

As Stephen Fry put it so eloquently when talking about the sewer system first built in London ....

"It was the biggest civil engineering job ever undertaken, by this man Joseph Bazalgette, whose great great-grandson, oddly enough, now runs Endemol and is busy pumping shit back into our homes"

over a year ago

I don't understand the snobbery. Reality tv is real people doing whatever. 'Normal' tv is scripted so also 'fake'.

Why do people think it's ok to watch another person drive a car or kick a ball yet they get all superior about people wanting to watch actual human interaction?

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I don't understand the snobbery. Reality tv is real people doing whatever. 'Normal' tv is scripted so also 'fake'.

Why do people think it's ok to watch another person drive a car or kick a ball yet they get all superior about people wanting to watch actual human interaction?"

Wholeheartedly agree,some people are far to intelligent to watch reality tv don't you know! However for some unknown reason some reality tv is seen as acceptable to them . I watch the celebrity big brother,I love seeing how different personalities interact.

over a year ago

Towie, Love Island, Big Brother ect trash tv

over a year ago

"I don't understand the snobbery. Reality tv is real people doing whatever. 'Normal' tv is scripted so also 'fake'.

Why do people think it's ok to watch another person drive a car or kick a ball yet they get all superior about people wanting to watch actual human interaction?"

How naive. You think reality tv is t scripted? How many takes and editing do youthink is involved? You think it's all in one take or it's not played up? All tv Is fake. It's entertainment.

over a year ago

Why do people think it's ok to watch another person drive a car or kick a ball yet they get all superior about people wanting to watch actual human interaction?

How naive. You think reality tv is t scripted? How many takes and editing do youthink is involved? You think it's all in one take or it's not played up? All tv Is fake. It's entertainment. "

Problem is all the young peeps think that's what life is supposed to be about

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There's a sizeable fab big brother fanbase here

over a year ago

Take soaps, reality shows, news/current affairs shows, and kids shows away from the telly and there's not much left to watch. For that reason, our telly rarely gets switched on for anything that's broadcast.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Some reality TV is great viewing, Catfish, first dates, and drag race all spring to mind. Don't knock it just because you don't like the look of a thirty second advert... Unless you have secretly watched more than you're letting on

over a year ago

I love the snobbery I can't stand East enders, coronation Street, emerdale etc, so I'm just as bad

By *rishman75Man
over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

"I love the snobbery I can't stand East enders, coronation Street, emerdale etc, so I'm just as bad "

over a year ago

"I love the snobbery I can't stand East enders, coronation Street, emerdale etc, so I'm just as bad

"

Cori and eastenders along with all those kind of shows I avoid like the plague

By *oodmessMan
over a year ago

yumsville

Love Island starts soon!!! (wont be watching - just sayin)

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

The thing with any television show is that if the ratings aren't good they get cancelled and nobody tries to make similar shows. Reality shows must be very popular if even people who don't like them know about them.

I watch I'm a Celebrity, Gogglebox, Britain's Got Talent and X Factor. I enjoy them and although I don't watch the others I have heard of them. I think they're part of modern culture just like the "celebrity" status it affords the participants.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

A lot of replies target young people. Why ?

They don't make the programmes. This is their time. This is their t.v.

I think it's great that the internet exists and that Youtube enables those willing enough to put in the unpaid pure slog of thousands of hours, some money and their imaginative creativity to make it without cosy middle class mainstream auntie fucking Beeb and Cowell.

Don't blame those that want to be celebrities. That's the way money is made now. It's a booming industry. Shite t.v. is simply shite magazines moving. Next you'll be telling me that footballers do it for the love of sport.

Stop the snobbery. Jesus.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

Having got to the bottom of the thread I've noticed that none of the reality tv haters have said what they actually do watch...That wouldn't be because what they choose to watch would also be derided and hated would it? As with Fab, howsabout we just let everyone watch/interact or do whatever the fuck they want to without being ridiculed for doing so.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

While im on my soapbox, winning the lottery takes far less effort than becoming Youtube famous.

T.V WILL die soon. Get a bigger monitor, your'e going to need it.

Must just point out that I don't admire many 'celebs' but I don't mind celebrity. You're favourite actors from years gone by were merely 'celebrity' ...... the good looking ones. The funny ones. Very few can act. Judi fucking Dench is Judi fucking Dench what ever I see her in. Same with a lot of so called wonderful actors.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I fucking HATE with a passion the Essex fat bird with the fake tan and the blonde hair........ I'm supposed to though I think ... Gemma Collins.... tit head.

Rich tit head tho Maybe that's what I dislike. Not celebrity but the fact that society rewards them over me.

I'm lovely..... but not famous

over a year ago

Love Islands back on next week, cant wait!!!!

Love first dates also.

MIC.

Love my trashy TV!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Love Islands back on next week, cant wait!!!!

Love first dates also.

MIC.

Love my trashy TV!"

I can't watch first dates. Some of them make me wince......

I was so proud of the woman in the first one this series.... where she dumped Mr. Swagger. So So So proud of her.

over a year ago

"Love Islands back on next week, cant wait!!!!

Love first dates also.

MIC.

Love my trashy TV!

I can't watch first dates. Some of them make me wince......

I was so proud of the woman in the first one this series.... where she dumped Mr. Swagger. So So So proud of her. "

I loved her for telling him where to go!!! was shouting at my tele, haha!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

She did it with great panache. No histrionics , no anger , no language..... more power to her elbow.

over a year ago

Mark-Francis Vandelli is a magnificent buffoon who makes me chuckle

over a year ago

"Having got to the bottom of the thread I've noticed that none of the reality tv haters have said what they actually do watch...That wouldn't be because what they choose to watch would also be derided and hated would it?

As with Fab, howsabout we just let everyone watch/interact or do whatever the fuck they want to without being ridiculed for doing so."

Post new Message to Thread