Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Is it good to talk

Jump to newest

By *crumdiddlyumptious OP   Man
over a year ago

Some people start threads that contain a lot of personal issues, Breakups, Family/Sex life, Health issues etc,

Do you find it easier to talk to strangers rather then family and friends ? Do you hold back on certain topics ?

There is a lot of things that I openly talk about with family/friends but I rarely talk about my sex life/women unless its with people from fab/strangers

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes I found I can talk to people I don't really know. I think they give you an impartial view. They're not pandering you because they know you. They can give an honest opinion.

I wouldn't though. I'm crap at sharing private thoughts really.

over a year ago

I tend to avoid threads where people spill out the intimate details of their private lives .....

over a year ago

I think sometimes it can be useful to get an outsiders point of view, particularly if your not able to look at the problem with more than one solution. As long as you bare in mind this is the net and don't take everything as gospel lol

over a year ago

Some general thoughts are ok being shared, but I don't do the deep personal stuff with anyone really. X

over a year ago

I have found it a lot easier to talk to people off here if I have been througg rough patches etc, more so via pm than on the forum

I like to keep my happy, brave face on with everyone close to me in my day to day life so offloading to people from here has suited me before

over a year ago

For me the problem with agony type threads is it often becomes apparent the OP isn't really looking advice they simply want sympathy and the issue with that is it doesn't really help their situation ...

I often feel my genuine response would appear brutal so that's why I prefer to keep out ....

By *orum TrollWoman
over a year ago

•+• Access Denied •+•

i find it easier to talk to people who have gone through things with me, for most things. to find people who actually understand what i'm on about.

if i need to vent, and not talk, i will prefer strangers.

Post new Message to Thread