Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

No servicemen

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

l've seen some people say that they won't meet soldier, sailors, airmen and police. What is the motivation here and is it political?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *iphunterMan
over a year ago

medway

Ive seen a squaddie in action. The stamina was flawless. Support our troops

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've no idea, maybe they've had bad experience of them in the past? Whether it's a political decision must depend on the individual. Personally I think they're great!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"l've seen some people say that they won't meet soldier, sailors, airmen and police. What is the motivation here and is it political?"

Not for me

im interested in the person not what they are wearing..

And I've found from past experience they are somewhat arrogant in nature so I choose not to bother

Reply privately

over a year ago

"l've seen some people say that they won't meet soldier, sailors, airmen and police. What is the motivation here and is it political?"
m

Why would it be political? Did the thread get removed the other day when it was said it was because apparently women hate men despite them making up 99% (think that was the figure quoted) of the emergency services.

Isn't it the Army v Navy Game today? I have nothing but respect for anyone who serves our country regardless of Fab.

Reply privately

By *he-Dirty-DuoMan
over a year ago

Boston

We're proud of our service men so would meet with them, bound for the wife of wear their uniform

Reply privately

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Maybe ask those who have such preferences?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"l've seen some people say that they won't meet soldier, sailors, airmen and police. What is the motivation here and is it political?m

Why would it be political? Did the thread get removed the other day when it was said it was because apparently women hate men despite them making up 99% (think that was the figure quoted) of the emergency services.

Isn't it the Army v Navy Game today? I have nothing but respect for anyone who serves our country regardless of Fab. "

Because in someways servicemen represent our country and some people might dislike that because they dislike the country. Like those people who wanted to protest Wooton Basset,

That thread became too large and wasn't referring to the military.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What about those lovely young ladies that serve our country.

I met a young WRAF at Raf Aldergrove many years ago who was so perfect we married and had two wonderful children.

Ok in the end our marriage dropped away like a melting ice cream....but while it lasted it was summer everyday.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What about those lovely young ladies that serve our country.

I met a young WRAF at Raf Aldergrove many years ago who was so perfect we married and had two wonderful children.

Ok in the end our marriage dropped away like a melting ice cream....but while it lasted it was summer everyday."

Props to the women who serve but in this context l'm mainly talking about men because the military is seen as masculine and sometimes more/less desired.

Reply privately

over a year ago

When I was I young soldier I avoided telling girls my job. Most ran a mile as soon as I mentioned the army.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wouldn't desire someone just because they were in the army/police, but I have had some jolly nice experiences with them. More to do with the person under the uniform maybe?

Reply privately

By *RCADIAN HAZECouple
over a year ago

Rotherham/ Barnsley

Think its cos every other bloke seem to say they are a soldier or fireman and then act like u should be falling over yourself to meet them think its the one who are lying about what they do that expect this reaction though not the real ones

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"l've seen some people say that they won't meet soldier, sailors, airmen and police. What is the motivation here and is it political?m

Isn't it the Army v Navy Game today? I have nothing but respect for anyone who serves our country regardless of Fab.

Because in someways servicemen represent our country and some people might dislike that because they dislike the country. Like those people who wanted to protest Wooton Basset,

That thread became too large and wasn't referring to the military."

What's your agenda here?

Reply privately

over a year ago

That thread became too large and wasn't referring to the military.

What's your agenda here? "

l don't have one. You are free to leave the thread and not participate if you think there is nefarious intent.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't like to meet any military because I was in that world for a long time myself. Gossip is massive. I am concerned that someone will recognize me and feel duty bound to report back to my ex. (that feeling is very common in the forces, they look after their own)

Then the shit would hit the fan massively, my ex is a nasty piece of work with military 'brothers' all over the country. I've been at the rough end of this network once before so I'm staying far away.

I appreciate the job these people do, but for my own sake I avoid them on a personal level.

I checked the guest list of a party I was going to attend and recognised the partial face pictures and arm tattoo of my exes former boss. He may or may not have said anything as they were not on good terms, but no chance would I risk going to that gathering.

Reply privately

By *entralscotscpl7Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

Personal choice.

I don't think there is any political motivation involved.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't like to meet any military because I was in that world for a long time myself. Gossip is massive. I am concerned that someone will recognize me and feel duty bound to report back to my ex. (that feeling is very common in the forces, they look after their own)

Then the shit would hit the fan massively, my ex is a nasty piece of work with military 'brothers' all over the country. I've been at the rough end of this network once before so I'm staying far away.

I appreciate the job these people do, but for my own sake I avoid them on a personal level.

I checked the guest list of a party I was going to attend and recognised the partial face pictures and arm tattoo of my exes former boss. He may or may not have said anything as they were not on good terms, but no chance would I risk going to that gathering. "

That more understandable to me.

l personally think that a lot of it is due to the demonisation of our military by some.

l listen to the Jocko Willink Podcast and he has ex-MMA fighter, Brian Stann on and Stann had some other fighter walk up to him backstage and ask ''How does it feel to kill Iraqi children?'' Do you think that attitude could be a factor? Most of those l see not wanting to meet military seem quite left-wing.

Anyway, better not make it too political before someone has a nose bleed.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"l've seen some people say that they won't meet soldier, sailors, airmen and police. What is the motivation here and is it political?

Personal choice.

"

What informs that personal choice?

Reply privately

By *lorious hole bs16Man
over a year ago

Bristol

I guess it's a preference..

I sometimes go with coppers(& get a kick out of it) but i know others who wouldn't go with 'the law'

When I was in the services it was a known fact that some civvy's loved us and others despised us..

Reply privately

By *aid backMan
over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

It's the same as anything it's their choice

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not sure there is an issue? More of a case of those advertising their role, make themselves look a little silly, as though it makes them more desirable as a person?

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I don't like to meet any military because I was in that world for a long time myself. Gossip is massive. I am concerned that someone will recognize me and feel duty bound to report back to my ex. (that feeling is very common in the forces, they look after their own)

I checked the guest list of a party I was going to attend and recognised the partial face pictures and arm tattoo of my exes former boss. He may or may not have said anything as they were not on good terms, but no chance would I risk going to that gathering.

l personally think that a lot of it is due to the demonisation of our military by some.

l listen to the Jocko Willink Podcast and he has ex-MMA fighter, Brian Stann on and Stann had some other fighter walk up to him backstage and ask ''How does it feel to kill Iraqi children?'' Do you think that attitude could be a factor? Most of those l see not wanting to meet military seem quite left-wing.

Anyway, better not make it too political before someone has a nose bleed."

Your being disingenuous Op, you solely want it to 'political' and anti men..

Seem to have a real issue with some women, particularly those who are left leaning..

Your bordering on the obsessive in your crusade as the threads you keep starting show..

Those that haven't been removed that is..

You have some deep issues..

Reply privately

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

I cannot understand why anyone would ostracise service personnel including the emergency services?

I didn't see the thread, did they mention ambulance drivers and paramedics?

What about the rnli?

It just seems a little ludicrous.. I appreciate some may not agree with the role the military provide, it is afterall a violent job that involves killing other humans..

But to include the emergency services... Bonkers?

Excuse me if I seem a little cynical,perhaps the post was another one of the contentious posts just to raise emotions?

Reply privately

over a year ago

No.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't meet people who include the use of their service uniform as a selling point .....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't meet people who include the use of their service uniform as a selling point ....."

This.

And the irony of using "uniform" to be "unique" is lost on most!

Reply privately

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Seem to have a real issue with some women, particularly those who are left leaning..

Your bordering on the obsessive in your crusade as the threads you keep starting show..

You have some deep issues.."

You noticed too huh?

Reply privately

over a year ago

You have some deep issues.."

Thank you for bringing conflict into it....You've soiled the thread and lt's the last comment l'm making on it.

You've been blocked now. You are following me around and insulting me and on the last thread you mocked the state of my apparent ''mental health.''

lt's a public forum so we can all do what we want but keep on attacking me, ad hominem attacks and l'm going to start reporting you.

Be a bully if you want. Your choice.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I won't meet service men either....not because of the job though. They've just got bits I don't really care for

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't meet people who include the use of their service uniform as a selling point ....."

I regularly meet people in uniform for extreme indulging. Big tasty and fries....and the odd mcflurry.

I know you do too Soxy you big fibber

Reply privately

over a year ago

Falkirk

"l've seen some people say that they won't meet soldier, sailors, airmen and police. What is the motivation here and is it political?

Personal choice.

What informs that personal choice?"

Does it really matter? It is one person or couples individual decision.

Have you spoken to the people that have have made these comments to you and asked them why the wont meet service personel.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personal choice.

Have you spoken to the people that have have made these comments to you and asked them why the wont meet service personel."

Because l'm curious. Shoot me at dawn.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not for me

im interested in the person not what they are wearing..

And I've found from past experience they are somewhat arrogant in nature so I choose not to bother "

Same here. Anyone who uses a uniform to get laid is not attractive in my eyes.

Reply privately

over a year ago

OP I think the more credible uniform wearing folk but choose to remain fairly low profile for both security and job reasons. I've not seen any negativity towards them as individuals on the site to any great extent.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't meet people who include the use of their service uniform as a selling point .....

I regularly meet people in uniform for extreme indulging. Big tasty and fries....and the odd mcflurry.

I know you do too Soxy you big fibber "

Well pardon me all over the place..... I abjectly refute that insinuation.....

As you well know that infamous toilet incident involving that most heinous of clowns Ronald McDonald scared me for life

Reply privately

over a year ago

" OP I think the more credible uniform wearing folk but choose to remain fairly low profile for both security and job reasons. I've not seen any negativity towards them as individuals on the site to any great extent."

l've seen a ban on all servicemen. Not just those who advertise it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't meet people who include the use of their service uniform as a selling point .....

I know you do too Soxy you big fibber

Well pardon me all over the place..... I abjectly refute that insinuation.....

As you well know that infamous toilet incident involving that most heinous of clowns Ronald McDonald scared me for life "

Scarred you ? Heck he went UNLOS after it and withdrew his sausage in your baps speciality from the menu

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nothing against other uniforms, I just avoid army. Quite like the idea of supporting nurses, paramedics, vets, Tesco staff, Barclays bank employees, air crew. Viva la employable types.

Reply privately

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

I think much of the time it is because they try and use their uniform/job as their only selling point.

The amount of messages you get from firemen....I didn't think there were that many guys in the entire UKs fire service as there are apparently in a 50 mile radius of me. And their 1st message is normally something like 'hi I'm a fireman'. Thats it, surely there is more to the guy than just that.

Reply privately

over a year ago

" OP I think the more credible uniform wearing folk but choose to remain fairly low profile for both security and job reasons. I've not seen any negativity towards them as individuals on the site to any great extent.

l've seen a ban on all servicemen. Not just those who advertise it"

So have I. But I bet if you randomly picked 20 profiles you may not see any. It's a relatively minor issues and a preference.

This site is all about preference after all?

Reply privately

over a year ago

" OP I think the more credible uniform wearing folk but choose to remain fairly low profile for both security and job reasons. I've not seen any negativity towards them as individuals on the site to any great extent.

So have I. But I bet if you randomly picked 20 profiles you may not see any. It's a relatively minor issues and a preference.

This site is all about preference after all?"

Of course. l never said anything that contradicts what you have just written.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Nothing against other uniforms, I just avoid army. Quite like the idea of supporting nurses, paramedics, vets, Tesco staff, Barclays bank employees, air crew. Viva la employable types. "

So my granddad who fought in North Africa in WW2 was not employable because he was in the Army?

Reply privately

over a year ago

l've seen a ban on all servicemen. Not just those who advertise it"

So. Why is this any different to me saying that I won't meet people shorter than me?

Mountains out of molehills!

Reply privately

over a year ago

So. Why is this any different to me saying that I won't meet people shorter than me?

Mountains out of molehills! "

That's perfectly acceptable as I'm taller than you

Reply privately

over a year ago

Blatantly Shortist .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Because you can't change your height can you? But you can your profession.

Your point is moot.

And spare me the rolling eyes smiley.

There is no mountain.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Falkirk

Personal choice.

Have you spoken to the people that have have made these comments to you and asked them why the wont meet service personel.

Because l'm curious. Shoot me at dawn."

Why would i shoot you at dawn?

You said you are curious so why not ask the people who state this directly why they wont meet service personel.

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

You noticed too huh? "

Yes..

There's been some personal hurt of late and I get that and have empathy but it's going down a slightly worrying route in being 'dealt with' it would appear..

Reply privately

over a year ago

Personal choice.

You said you are curious so why not ask the people who state this directly why they wont meet service personel."

Because lt's few and far between that l do see it and l only thought about it earlier.

Btw, ''Personal preference'' adds nothing to conversation. lt's like saying ''Here is some vowels and consonants filling this space''

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

Thank you for bringing conflict into it....You've soiled the thread and lt's the last comment l'm making on it.

You've been blocked now. You are following me around and insulting me and on the last thread you mocked the state of my apparent ''mental health.''

lt's a public forum so we can all do what we want but keep on attacking me, ad hominem attacks and l'm going to start reporting you.

"

Firstly your wrong about being followed and your blatantly lying as I never made any reference in your other thread to your mental health..

Yes it is a public forum and feel free to post but others will respond accordingly which is not bullying, as you clearly know..

Reply privately

over a year ago

You noticed too huh?

Yes..

There's been some personal hurt of late and I get that and have empathy but it's going down a slightly worrying route in being 'dealt with' it would appear..

"

lf empathy means insulting people, projecting fantastical pop psychology onto them and confirming it with others in their gang, then you are extremely empathetic.

Reply privately

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

Having lived in a garrison town for a big chunk of my life.

And (seperately) served in the Army for 10 years.

I personally think there is a higher proportion of misogynists and agressive guys in the armed forces than outside.

Not to tar them all with the same brush, but were I a female I would be more careful there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Having lived in a garrison town for a big chunk of my life.

I personally think there is a higher proportion of misogynists and agressive guys in the armed forces than outside.

Not to tar them all with the same brush, but were I a female I would be more careful there."

That's fair, but it leads to an extremely dangerous road. Admitting inherent mean differences between demographic groups is extremely politically incorrect.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Falkirk

Personal choice.

You said you are curious so why not ask the people who state this directly why they wont meet service personel.

Because lt's few and far between that l do see it and l only thought about it earlier.

Btw, ''Personal preference'' adds nothing to conversation. lt's like saying ''Here is some vowels and consonants filling this space''"

Ok personal decision.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Firstly your wrong about being followed and your blatantly lying as I never made any reference in your other thread to your mental health..

Yes it is a public forum and feel free to post but others will respond accordingly which is not bullying, as you clearly know..

"

You have made repeated (at least 5 now) comments about me being ''hurt'' in the past. This is essentially refers to emotional baggage due to previous emotionally traumatic events...this IS mental or psychological health.

..You came to this thread of your own volition and made negative comments about be unprompted. l'm not on your thread... At least have the guts to be a bully opernly

Reply privately

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

OK I'll say it. By & large I think it's an attitude thing & while one or two maybe don't meet because of where our forces have been working I think for most it will be because they don't want to risk the grief.

I have a couple of ex army mates from my twenties, both are a mess, failed marriages, very domineering & controlling of their partners when they have them, who back in the day were many & never lasted.

Now, i'm not saying all are like this nor that all non military are perfect, but it does seem the aggressiveness of males appears more often wearing a uniform. So I would hazard a guess that people want to lesson the risk of encountering it.

The profile statement though is rather nonsensical bearing in mind people lie about their height, age, marital status & various other things more important than their jobs.

Saying your a plumber rather than a soldier is hardly going to register as a big lie on here is it?

S

Reply privately

over a year ago

"OK I'll say it. By & large I think it's an attitude thing & while one or two maybe don't meet because of where our forces have been working I think for most it will be because they don't want to risk the grief.

I have a couple of ex army mates from my twenties, both are a mess, failed marriages, very domineering & controlling of their partners when they have them, who back in the day were many & never lasted.

Now, i'm not saying all are like this nor that all non military are perfect, but it does seem the aggressiveness of males appears more often wearing a uniform. So I would hazard a guess that people want to lesson the risk of encountering it.

The profile statement though is rather nonsensical bearing in mind people lie about their height, age, marital status & various other things more important than their jobs.

Saying your a plumber rather than a soldier is hardly going to register as a big lie on here is it?

S"

l do feel that some actually prefer them too. l Some women like that overt masculinity of a uniform.

Reply privately

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

"OK I'll say it. By & large I think it's an attitude thing & while one or two maybe don't meet because of where our forces have been working I think for most it will be because they don't want to risk the grief.

S

l do feel that some actually prefer them too. l Some women like that overt masculinity of a uniform. "

Hence my comment on them having many many short/shorter term relationships when younger. When they were still in.

On a lighter note there are two ex Navy ladies here we dream of getting wet, but that's not going to happen, but we all need dreams right?

S

Reply privately

over a year ago

Falkirk

S

l do feel that some actually prefer them too. l Some women like that overt masculinity of a uniform. "

I do. I met B when he was in the Army. I loved the fact he was assertive and dominant.

He has changed now or evolved is a better word.

Reply privately

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

Guess like been mentioned before its personal choice. Maybe they've have had a bad experience in the past ??

Or a friend of a friend has and been advised not meet someone due to their bad experience.

Shame if thats the case as I guess in all walks of life there a few bad apples and unfortunately some people tar them all with the same brush...

But end of the day its personal choice with whom they wish to meet.

Reply privately

over a year ago

S

l do feel that some actually prefer them too. l Some women like that overt masculinity of a uniform.

I do. I met B when he was in the Army. I loved the fact he was assertive and dominant.

He has changed now or evolved is a better word.

"

See, l wasn't just being controversial for the sake of it. l can see both sides for sure.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Must be mad I love people in real uniforms x

Reply privately

over a year ago

I prefer to meet them, its not down to uniform at all its the banter that draws me. Having the majority of friends being in the forces and being used to that type of humour its a big attraction.

Im yet to meet a civvi with the same level of humour....

Reply privately

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

Not to tar them all with the same brush, but were I a female I would be more careful there.

That's fair, but it leads to an extremely dangerous road. Admitting inherent mean differences between demographic groups is extremely politically incorrect."

Possibly, but it's not an apples to apples comparison. The forces are a rather specific demographic.

Mostly young men (including the older men!), selected and trained for a certain degree of aggression.

Plus the forces have been documented as being particularly racist/sexist/homophobic institutions. It's being combatted, but it's still there.

Reply privately

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

"I prefer to meet them, its not down to uniform at all its the banter that draws me. Having the majority of friends being in the forces and being used to that type of humour its a big attraction.

Im yet to meet a civvi with the same level of humour...."

To add balance to my other posts on this thread. Yup, my only "real" friends are the guys I know from the Army!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I prefer to meet them, its not down to uniform at all its the banter that draws me. Having the majority of friends being in the forces and being used to that type of humour its a big attraction.

Im yet to meet a civvi with the same level of humour....

To add balance to my other posts on this thread. Yup, my only "real" friends are the guys I know from the Army!"

I love going to our annual regimental reunion. We dint really speak to each other all year then get together. Insult each other. Chat about nothing and get a tad d*unk. Nobody can understand the banter who hasn't served.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Ask the people who say it.

Anyone else is only guessing.

Who ever is asked it's a pretty pointless exercise.

I wouldn't meet with someone who advertises themselves through their job. ANY job.

Reply privately

over a year ago

What about old soldiers

Reply privately

over a year ago

I've no objection to them but I do avoid them when they try to use their uniforms to pull

Those guys are often arrogant and best avoided imo

Reply privately

over a year ago

in Lancashire

You have made repeated (at least 5 now) comments about me being ''hurt'' in the past. This is essentially refers to emotional baggage due to previous emotionally traumatic events...this IS mental or psychological health.

..You came to this thread of your own volition and made negative comments about be unprompted. l'm not on your thread... At least have the guts to be a bully opernly"

Again you are wrong, either deliberately or some confusion on your part. Same with 'gang' ..

Read the thread again I made the suggestion to you why not ask those to whom you refer, you chose to ignore it..

You said yourself you had been hurt and were annoyed on the other thread where you also spoke of lie hatred that women have for men..

Reply privately

over a year ago

..You came to this thread of your own volition and made negative comments about be unprompted. l'm not on your thread... At least have the guts to be a bully opernly

Again you are wrong, either deliberately or some confusion on your part. Same with 'gang' ..

Read the thread again I made the suggestion to you why not ask those to whom you refer, you chose to ignore it..

You said yourself you had been hurt and were annoyed on the other thread where you also spoke of lie hatred that women have for men.."

Okay. You win. Please leave me alone now.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Despite having friends in 3 of those 4 services and having played with people in one of them I wouldn't want to meet people who broadcast on a swinging site the fact that they are in them simply because i doubt we'd get on. And yes it's a sweeping generalisations but so are all preferences

Reply privately

over a year ago

S"

I've an army friend and he describes the infantry lot as 'animals', for want of a better word. His words not mine.

My TV friend bangs a lot of seemingly 'straight' army guys on this site.

Personally, I just can't be arsed with all that shit and I'd rather meet people who are more available than the army lot tend to be.

It says 'no army' on my profile.

Reply privately

over a year ago

S

I've an army friend and he describes the infantry lot as 'animals', for want of a better word. His words not mine.

Personally, I just can't be arsed with all that shit and I'd rather meet people who are more available than the army lot tend to be.

It says 'no army' on my profile. "

So one guy's comment informed your entire opinion on it?

Reply privately

over a year ago

So I met an army guy about a month ago and he was hesitant to tell me he was army. Once he did he looked at me as though he was waiting for some comment to be made. When I did no such thing he just said 'so you are okay with it and what we do?' ... ummm... yes.

Given that situation I think many people have negative thoughts about what it is the army does and then stereotype and judge them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

S

So one guy's comment informed your entire opinion on it? "

It may be only one guy's comment, coupled with a plethora of news articles about service personnel and the individuals attutude, that could help form people's opinion.

But if I read correctly, it's because MrsR wants more availability than servicemen can offer.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So I met an army guy about a month ago and he was hesitant to tell me he was army. Once he did he looked at me as though he was waiting for some comment to be made. When I did no such thing he just said 'so you are okay with it and what we do?' ... ummm... yes.

Given that situation I think many people have negative thoughts about what it is the army does and then stereotype and judge them. "

l half expect those barring servicemen in that manner to also have on their profile.. ''ISIS freedom fighters to the front of the que, especially if you are an VWE ISIS freedom fighter. No British scum''

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not to tar them all with the same brush, but were I a female I would be more careful there."

along the lines of what I was going to say.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Maybe they attract the worse of those people and now have an aversion.

I've met men in all kinds of uniformed jobs. Servicemen and emergency services and they have all been good company and good sex.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I do find it strange that people complain they only seem to attract idiots and bad people. I can only think, it must be them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

along the lines of what I was going to say."

Would you have the same carefulness regarding other demographics?

This is where the double standard comes in. You can be wary of Army men and you can be wary of men in general because they statistically commit more crime, but if you were to say that you were wary of, say black men, because you saw crime stats with them compared to other races, then this would be called racist or at least classified as such. BTW, i do see some say things like ''no asian men'' on occasion - for sake of fairness.

Why are we allowed to employ a pragmatic attitude regarding some groups but not others?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So I met an army guy about a month ago and he was hesitant to tell me he was army. Once he did he looked at me as though he was waiting for some comment to be made. When I did no such thing he just said 'so you are okay with it and what we do?' ... ummm... yes.

Given that situation I think many people have negative thoughts about what it is the army does and then stereotype and judge them.

l half expect those barring servicemen in that manner to also have on their profile.. ''ISIS freedom fighters to the front of the que, especially if you are an VWE ISIS freedom fighter. No British scum''"

Reply privately

over a year ago

l half expect those barring servicemen in that manner to also have on their profile.. ''ISIS freedom fighters to the front of the que, especially if you are an VWE ISIS freedom fighter. No British scum''

"

My thoughts exactly

Reply privately

over a year ago

My thoughts exactly "

Terrible isn't it?

True though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

l half expect those barring servicemen in that manner to also have on their profile.. ''ISIS freedom fighters to the front of the que, especially if you are an VWE ISIS freedom fighter. No British scum''"

What? Did you actually read this back and consider the connotations that you're implying here. This is a bit of a stretch. It's far fetched and any further argument from you is now null and void due to this outburst.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are you honestly suggesting that not wanting to fuck a soldier or policeman makes someone an IS sympathiser?

Reply privately

over a year ago

What? Did you actually read this back and consider the connotations that you're implying here. This is a bit of a stretch. It's far fetched and any further argument from you is now null and void due to this outburst. "

1 - l said ''in that manner''

2 - lt's not far fetched.

3 - l KNOW the connotations. l think a small minority of people loathe Servicemen and women because they hate Western civilization.

4 - Telling people their views are null and void is authoritarianism.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are you honestly suggesting that not wanting to fuck a soldier or policeman makes someone an IS sympathiser?"

l was being glib BUT in that context yes, though only a very small number. l grew up in the West of Scotland and personally met people who despised British soldiers because of Ulster.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

3 - l KNOW the connotations. l think a small minority of people loathe Servicemen and women because they hate Western civilization.

"

And you think those people are on a swinging site expressing a desire to not have sex with soldiers?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I haven't read the whole thread but coming from an area highly populated with army personnel I prefer not to meet them purely because they generally want me to drop everything for a quick fuck in the car. I won't visit them on camp and they are reluctant to meet in hotels. They just don't fit into my way of meeting. Nothing political involved. Obviously I'm generalising and I have met exceptions to the above. But from my experience they have been exceptions and not the norm.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

My thoughts exactly

Terrible isn't it?

True though. "

Oh my dear, that wasn't in agreement to what you said but rather in shock

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree. It's a bit odd saying "no servicemen"...I'd think they'd be extremely popular as they have uniforms or are gym fit...

On a lighter note, it reminds me of Rambo First Blood, the anti servicemen aspect of it all...

Hey ho...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

And you think those people are on a swinging site expressing a desire to not have sex with soldiers?"

You never can tell but l doubt it for the most part. I know you want me to just say ''Yes'' so you can frame me in a certain manner, but alas.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are you honestly suggesting that not wanting to fuck a soldier or policeman makes someone an IS sympathiser?

l was being glib BUT in that context yes, though only a very small number. l grew up in the West of Scotland and personally met people who despised British soldiers because of Ulster. "

Is you world view really so limited that because of that you can see no other reason other than supporting an opposing side in a conflict people would dislike military personnel?

Amd how does not wanting to fuck soneone because of their job equate to hating them?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

And you think those people are on a swinging site expressing a desire to not have sex with soldiers?

You never can tell but l doubt it for the most part. I know you want me to just say ''Yes'' so you can frame me in a certain manner, but alas."

I'm not trying to frame you in any manner. Just highlighting the ridiculous flaws in your argument

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

My thoughts exactly

Terrible isn't it?

True though.

Oh my dear, that wasn't in agreement to what you said but rather in shock "

l know.

l personally know people who loathe British servicemen. There was a primary school teacher in Glasgow struck off for making pro-IRA and Sin Fein comments. l'm not saying it's the norm but l personally do think some people believe all the stuff they hear about soldiers.

www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/ira-supporting-primary-teacher-pleads-7947075

Does that shock you as much as my comment?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Of course, you can always ignore the genuine reasons from actual people who don't meet those from the services and make up your own reasons

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ones i met turned out to be lying cheating twonks so i stay well clear now!

Reply privately

over a year ago

What if they never mentioned they were in the Services in their profile? Surely no one would be able to know???

Reply privately

By *ancs MinxWoman
over a year ago

Burnley

"I wouldn't desire someone just because they were in the army/police, but I have had some jolly nice experiences with them. More to do with the person under the uniform maybe?"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Anyway, l've gone off track so l'll call it a day.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I do find it strange that people complain they only seem to attract idiots and bad people. I can only think, it must be them. "

I'm a believer in the idiom "like attracts like"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"What if they never mentioned they were in the Services in their profile? Surely no one would be able to know???"

I'm my limited experience you can tell...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Anyway, l've gone off track so l'll call it a day."

Understatement of the day, and it's not even past midday.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Anyway, l've gone off track so l'll call it a day.

Understatement of the day, and it's not even past midday. "

Wow. What a bitchy male.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Anyway, l've gone off track so l'll call it a day.

Understatement of the day, and it's not even past midday.

Wow. What a bitchy male. "

Unfortunately, I feel it is justifiable. You appeared to start a thread that could pose as a good discussion regarding people's personal opinions on why they don't meet service personnel and what it is that puts them off.

Only for you to derail your comments by declaring you half expect them to have no British scum and all for Isis freedom fighters, paraphrased, on their page. Then declare that anybody who doesn't have sex with servicemen to be a Is sympathiser, again paraphrased.

You've taken a massive leap of a ravine and fallen in the drink of your own will, with regards to some outrageous claims.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

did have very much "chip on shoulder" at the beginning... and only got worse when using examples of justifications.......

Reply privately

over a year ago

This.

And the irony of using "uniform" to be "unique" is lost on most! "

Brilliant

Reply privately

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Personally I think those who have to advertise the fact they are in the army clearly have no other selling points going for them. It is usually armed forces and emergency services who feel they nerd to impress with this information. Almost as if they deserve a fuck because they wear a uniform.

I don't tell people where I work in the hope it will get me a shag.

I think as well there is a preconception of squaddies not being so discreet and bragging back at camp about their conquests etc. Whether deserved or not I don't know.

Also they tend to be in the 'meet now' brigade because their time is perhaps limited. That can put a lot if people off.

Having said that I don't discount them for meets, I just do t drop my knickers straight away. I try to chat first and get to see if we are compatible.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

My thoughts exactly

Terrible isn't it?

True though. "

Utter Fucking bollocks... Big hairy veiny ones at that!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I did post earlier on in the thread but now I've had more time to think about it I know for me it's feck all to do with politics...

if a man thinks that all he has to do to get a meet with a woman on here is to say he is in the army/navy/raf or any other armed service, then it doesn't say very much about him does it?

if anyone is going to use their uniform as their USP, then they may as well go on any of the websites who advertise for dating people in the armed services...

it doesn't make them special, or give them the right to getting a shag just because they are serving queen and country...

it just makes them sound entitled ...and puts me off completely

Reply privately

over a year ago

would you like a bigger wooden spoon ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"did have very much "chip on shoulder" at the beginning... and only got worse when using examples of justifications......."

Yet no one refuted any of them...

Until you do, it's just steam and public virtue signaling.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Again, l never said anything about advertising it. Seems like you girls would remove that distinction so you have more licence to bad mouth them though.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Again, l never said anything about advertising it. Seems like you girls would remove that distinction so you have more licence to bad mouth them though.

"

Yet you are still ignoring the genuine reasons us women have given for not wanting to meet servicemen. Why is that? Is it because we don't fit into your reasoning?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Again, l never said anything about advertising it. Seems like you girls would remove that distinction so you have more licence to bad mouth them though.

Yet you are still ignoring the genuine reasons us women have given for not wanting to meet servicemen. Why is that? Is it because we don't fit into your reasoning? "

how am l? As you can see, there are various different answers.

Just because l don't swallow one particular answer and treat it as Gospel doesn't mean l'm ignoring it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yet you are still ignoring the genuine reasons us women have given for not wanting to meet servicemen. Why is that? Is it because we don't fit into your reasoning?

Just because l don't swallow one particular answer and treat it as Gospel doesn't mean l'm ignoring it."

Yes but you're still pushing the political point and not one woman has given that as a reason. Just wondered why.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

"

No we are giving reasons as to why we would not meet them and them advertising their job is one of those reasons. This doesn't fit your assumptions or agenda so you are trying to deflect them as always.

Why ask questions of women (or couples) if you are not willing to a crept the answers you are given.

You claim not to have an agenda here yet it is clear you do and any genuine answer that doesn't fit it is dismissed with condescension and patronising comments.

If you know the answer you want then don't ask the question on a public forum.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Just because l don't swallow one particular answer and treat it as Gospel doesn't mean l'm ignoring it."

Not accepting an answer is one thing but completely dismissing them as not worthy answers is another.

No one is asking you to accept anything as gospel but as the women who are answering are women who chose not to meet men for various reason you cannot dismiss their answers whole sale or project upon them as being ISIS sympathisers!

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just because l don't swallow one particular answer and treat it as Gospel doesn't mean l'm ignoring it.

Yes but you're still pushing the political point and not one woman has given that as a reason. Just wondered why. "

Who would admit that? It would open them up for attack.

l'm exploring the political point.

You can replace ''political'' with ''Tribal.'' Our armed forces are very symbolic.

l think this is the exact same reason why some also say ''No Asians''. l've seen that a fair bit too.

Projecting nefarious intent upon an OP is unfair, happens too often and puts me on the defensive from the get go.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes but you're still pushing the political point and not one woman has given that as a reason. Just wondered why. "

Because it doesn't fit with his agenda is my assumption? The dogmatic arguing of a viewpoint that no one else has expressed seems an attempt to steer the thread in a certain direction

Reply privately

over a year ago

No we are giving reasons as to why we would not meet them and them advertising their job is one of those reasons. This doesn't fit your assumptions or agenda so you are trying to deflect them as always.

Why ask questions of women (or couples) if you are not willing to a crept the answers you are given.

You claim not to have an agenda here yet it is clear you do and any genuine answer that doesn't fit it is dismissed with condescension and patronising comments.

If you know the answer you want then don't ask the question on a public forum. "

Do you assume people are looking for personal answers when they ask a question Or perhaps they are curious about other aspect.

If you are going to accuse me of ''condescension and patronising comments.'' then surely you'd look at the ones l receive? Whether any were in retaliation. etc

1 vs how many?

lt's almost as if you want me to do as l'm told. To take my answer an leave.

lt's really quite patronising, especially as you don't HAVE to interact with me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

It isn't nefarious to state that you want there to be political reasons when there clearly aren't any expressed by those answering your question.

Part of your question was 'is it political'. You are choosing not to believe any answer that doesn't have politics as a reason.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not accepting an answer is one thing but completely dismissing them as not worthy answers is another.

No one is asking you to accept anything as gospel but as the women who are answering are women who chose not to meet men for various reason you cannot dismiss their answers whole sale or project upon them as being ISIS sympathisers! "

l was taking you completely seriously until the last sentence.

If you think I was being serious(after explicitly saying l was being glib, into the bargain) then l can't help you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It isn't nefarious to state that you want there to be political reasons when there clearly aren't any expressed by those answering your question.

Part of your question was 'is it political'. You are choosing not to believe any answer that doesn't have politics as a reason. "

How have l?

What constitutes, dismissing?

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

If you know the answer you want then don't ask the question on a public forum.

Do you assume people are looking for personal answers when they ask a question Or perhaps they are curious about other aspect.

If you are going to accuse me of ''condescension and patronising comments.'' then surely you'd look at the ones l receive? Whether any were in retaliation. etc

1 vs how many?

lt's almost as if you want me to do as l'm told. To take my answer an leave.

lt's really quite patronising, especially as you don't HAVE to interact with me.

"

I'm not saying that at all but you don't want yer into discussion with people. You simply dismiss them.

So you are curious about something. Does that then not imply you are looking for a variety of answers to help answer your questions? To develop an understanding of that which you are curious about?

If people had simply replied 'no its not political' rather than give reasoning behind why they don't wish to play with service personnel would you have been satisfied?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes but you're still pushing the political point and not one woman has given that as a reason. Just wondered why.

You can replace ''political'' with ''Tribal.'' Our armed forces are very symbolic.

l think this is the exact same reason why some also say ''No Asians''. l've seen that a fair bit too.

Projecting nefarious intent upon an OP is unfair, happens too often and puts me on the defensive from the get go."

I'm not one to shy away from putting my opinions across and find it offensive that you think people aren't agreeing with you because it opens them up to attack. I don't give any fucks about being attacked on here. I just don't think you're right and the opinions given by others backs up that point of view.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Projecting nefarious intent upon an OP is unfair, happens too often and puts me on the defensive from the get go.

I'm not one to shy away from putting my opinions across and find it offensive that you think people aren't agreeing with you because it opens them up to attack. I don't give any fucks about being attacked on here. I just don't think you're right and the opinions given by others backs up that point of view."

What the hell are you talking about??

You don't even know what l believe in order to agree with it or not.

You don't seem to mind abusiveness directed towards me though. Empowerment!

Reply privately

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman
over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

Call me shallow, but I love a man or woman in uniform.

Regarding servicemen, I've lived and worked in RAF communities for years, and wouldn't say that the serviceman are any more or any less controlling and aggressive arseholes, than the next man in the street.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I live in a military area and used to work in another. Whilst i am probably missing some gems, real life experience with them tends to make me stay away as a general rule.

Reply privately

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Doesn't bother me unless they're using those professions as their only selling point

While a person in uniform is a big turn on for some, just because you've served our country doesn't make you anymore entitled to have sex with me than any other person

That goes for men and women in service which is why I said people in uniform not just men

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not one to shy away from putting my opinions across and find it offensive that you think people aren't agreeing with you because it opens them up to attack. I don't give any fucks about being attacked on here. I just don't think you're right and the opinions given by others backs up that point of view."

Another reason l thought it was partly political was when one women actually attacked the army guys and said they were unemployable, etc. And l thought about all those guys who fought for us...Not one of you called her out. Not one of you even cared.

Nahhh call out this cunt instead.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I live in a military area and used to work in another. Whilst i am probably missing some gems, real life experience with them tends to make me stay away as a general rule. "

Do you think that is why some people write ''No asians''? Bad experiences? There was a thread specifically about that before.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Doesn't bother me unless they're using those professions as their only selling point

While a person in uniform is a big turn on for some, just because you've served our country doesn't make you anymore entitled to have sex with me than any other person

That goes for men and women in service which is why I said people in uniform not just men "

That's fair.

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 29/04/17 14:22:04]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 29/04/17 14:22:04]"

Find that funny did yah? :P

Reply privately

By *ommenhimCouple
over a year ago

wigan

Im yet to meet a civvi with the same level of humour...."

What humour is that?

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 29/04/17 14:31:46]

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I wouldn't think it was political. We all have reasons for not meeting certain groups/types etc, it is often from experiences of said people. We have never met up with any of the people you mention, but we would not be biased either way, because they worked in uniformed professions. We would take them on face value and compatibility with us.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Evie, Scarlett, why did you abandon me???

Lol.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Evie, Scarlett, why did you abandon me???

Lol."

Pretty good answers all round.

Thank you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I dont like to restrict based on occupation, it's all about chemistry! In my personal experience I have found firemen and policemen rather pleasant and much the same as everyone else, however lads in the forces, their banter, for the most part, is much better! Their stamina is unrivaled so for me it's hell yesss for heroes!

That being said, each person has their own preferences and their own motives to put down a blanket ban. Wether it be moral, political or past experience, everyone is different. It's sad that people would tar a whole group of people with the same brush, but that's the nature of the site I'm afraid.

Reply privately

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"I dont like to restrict based on occupation, it's all about chemistry! In my personal experience I have found firemen and policemen rather pleasant and much the same as everyone else, however lads in the forces, their banter, for the most part, is much better! Their stamina is unrivaled so for me it's hell yesss for heroes!

That being said, each person has their own preferences and their own motives to put down a blanket ban. Wether it be moral, political or past experience, everyone is different. It's sad that people would tar a whole group of people with the same brush, but that's the nature of the site I'm afraid."

I totally agree with this. It is down to the person, at the end of the day and we are all entitled to makes choices of whom we meet and have fun with

Reply privately

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I'm not one to shy away from putting my opinions across and find it offensive that you think people aren't agreeing with you because it opens them up to attack. I don't give any fucks about being attacked on here. I just don't think you're right and the opinions given by others backs up that point of view.

Another reason l thought it was partly political was when one women actually attacked the army guys and said they were unemployable, etc. And l thought about all those guys who fought for us...Not one of you called her out. Not one of you even cared.

"

I think people's definition of "fighting for us" sometimes differs from invading foreign countries and nicking their oil.

That my have something to do with some people's dislike for armed forces people.

Similarly the assumption that many forces folks display that they are due respect purely because of their job grates with some.

It is also the case that certain personality types prevail in certain occupations and some people find some personality types fit with them better than others.

Many reasons.

Unfortunately in threads like this you have the chattering idiots who need to shoot people down to feel good about their own sad meaningless lives and you have had plenty of them appearing here calling you this and that, coupled with the internet's uncanny ability to render articulate human beings as baying idiots in response to that, threads like these really struggle to have any sensible discussion in them because it's a sad paradox that the people you need to have that discussion are those people who don't go near forums like this with a barge pole as they are often full of complete tossers.

Reply privately

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"I dont like to restrict based on occupation, it's all about chemistry! In my personal experience I have found firemen and policemen rather pleasant and much the same as everyone else, however lads in the forces, their banter, for the most part, is much better! Their stamina is unrivaled so for me it's hell yesss for heroes!

That being said, each person has their own preferences and their own motives to put down a blanket ban. Wether it be moral, political or past experience, everyone is different. It's sad that people would tar a whole group of people with the same brush, but that's the nature of the site I'm afraid."

No one is suggesting that people may not make these choices. The thread is trying to glean WHY they are made.

Simply saying that they are made does not move the discussion forward. Similarly writing it off as an impossible topic fails to do that too.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Where have u heared this a guy in uniform ticks my boxes xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think people's definition of "fighting for us" sometimes differs from invading foreign countries and nicking their oil.

That my have something to do with some people's dislike for armed forces people.

Similarly the assumption that many forces folks display that they are due respect purely because of their job grates with some.

It is also the case that certain personality types prevail in certain occupations and some people find some personality types fit with them better than others.

Many reasons.

Unfortunately in threads like this you have the chattering idiots who need to shoot people down to feel good about their own sad meaningless lives and you have had plenty of them appearing here calling you this and that, coupled with the internet's uncanny ability to render articulate human beings as baying idiots in response to that, threads like these really struggle to have any sensible discussion in them because it's a sad paradox that the people you need to have that discussion are those people who don't go near forums like this with a barge pole as they are often full of complete tossers."

Many of us gave our reasoning behind not wanting to meet service personnel yet the op insisted we were too scared to voice our true reasoning which he believes to be political, for fear of being attacked. That simply isn't true. When the op sees past that then maybe a sensible discussion can be had.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Many reasons.

Unfortunately in threads like this you have the chattering idiots who need to shoot people down to feel good about their own sad meaningless lives and you have had plenty of them appearing here calling you this and that, coupled with the internet's uncanny ability to render articulate human beings as baying idiots in response to that, threads like these really struggle to have any sensible discussion in them because it's a sad paradox that the people you need to have that discussion are those people who don't go near forums like this with a barge pole as they are often full of complete tossers.

Many of us gave our reasoning behind not wanting to meet service personnel yet the op insisted we were too scared to voice our true reasoning which he believes to be political, for fear of being attacked. That simply isn't true. When the op sees past that then maybe a sensible discussion can be had. "

Yes, that's exactly what l said.

And notice you never addressed the hateful stuff said about soldiers. Nah, you simply leave, wait for me to stop posting and then continue with your bullshit..

And as l've said l believe it's only partly political but you patently don't read what is being said. You just read what you want to see.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Many reasons.

Unfortunately in threads like this you have the chattering idiots who need to shoot people down to feel good about their own sad meaningless lives and you have had plenty of them appearing here calling you this and that, coupled with the internet's uncanny ability to render articulate human beings as baying idiots in response to that, threads like these really struggle to have any sensible discussion in them because it's a sad paradox that the people you need to have that discussion are those people who don't go near forums like this with a barge pole as they are often full of complete tossers."

Stealing oil? Invading?

Thank you for bringing forth exactly the political points l was referring too.

Reply privately

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Many reasons.

Stealing oil? Invading?

"

How did we get into Iraq and Afghanistan without invading them?

Why do we only see fit to introduce democracy into mineral rich countries?

I posted an even post looking at both sides, try not to jump on people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"No one is suggesting that people may not make these choices. The thread is trying to glean WHY they are made.

Simply saying that they are made does not move the discussion forward. Similarly writing it off as an impossible topic fails to do that too."

But that's my point, each person will have different reasons. Some of which I stated in my post.

Opinions are subjective. I'm hardly in the position to reason why somebody might do something that I wouldn't do. I was just giving my opinion. If you don't like it, or think it has little value then just scroll past.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Many reasons.

Stealing oil? Invading?

I posted an even post looking at both sides, try not to jump on people."

Maybe we're digressing, but in attempt to keep it slightly on track...Whilst service personnel effect the actual mechanics of invading,it's ultimately not their decision to implement?

People opposed to conflict (I imagine most reasonable people are including those of us who've been involved in it) may quite rightly see some troops as a symbol of politics they disagree with.

Though from objective viewpoint, I think the vast majority who wouldn't wish to meet them, are simply doing out of preference to perceived characters or bad experiences as opposed to ideals?

Reply privately

over a year ago

evesham

Many reasons.

Many of us gave our reasoning behind not wanting to meet service personnel yet the op insisted we were too scared to voice our true reasoning which he believes to be political, for fear of being attacked. That simply isn't true. When the op sees past that then maybe a sensible discussion can be had.

And notice you never addressed the hateful stuff said about soldiers. Nah, you simply leave, wait for me to stop posting and then continue with your bullshit..

And as l've said l believe it's only partly political but you patently don't read what is being said. You just read what you want to see."

When you point a finger 3 point back at you

What hateful stuff, other than one person implying they were unemployable?

To be honest it's easy to miss things when embroiled in other 'discussions' on a thread

Reply privately

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Married unhappily to a policeman for over 20yrs. Arrogant pigs in my opinion, who think everyone else is a lowlife

Reply privately

over a year ago

We don't refuse to meet servicemen, we prefer meet people based on whether we connect with them. We've got friends and family in all the services you mention, but am no more or less likely to meet servicemen as a result. I suspect there are far more people on here actively looking for them who love guy in uniform. (and for every use of Man here you can also use woman btw) Personally I'm not a fan of people using their profession as a reason to meet them on here, I feel the same about a couple of Drs I've seen who seem to think it's a guarantee of a shag.

However there is one particular service we tend to avoid based on a number of negative personal experiences, varying degrees of having our time wasted and lack of discretion. It's nothing political, and I think it's a enormous and rather ridiculous leap to suggest people who won't meet servicemen are ISIS sympathisers. Others have already given their reasons, and largely they don't involve any disrespect for the work they do.

Reply privately

By *oderndaylivesCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"What about those lovely young ladies that serve our country.

Ok in the end our marriage dropped away like a melting ice cream....but while it lasted it was summer everyday."

What a lovely thing to say about your ex

Reply privately

By *oderndaylivesCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

I have a definite thing for Army men and women people have all kinds of weird prejudices and preferences on here. Can't think why people would not want to meet armed forces personnel any more than people would refuse to meet ginger people. However, career hardly ever comes into it!

Reply privately

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Many reasons.

Stealing oil? Invading?

Maybe we're digressing, but in attempt to keep it slightly on track...Whilst service personnel effect the actual mechanics of invading,it's ultimately not their decision to implement?

People opposed to conflict (I imagine most reasonable people are including those of us who've been involved in it) may quite rightly see some troops as a symbol of politics they disagree with.

Though from objective viewpoint, I think the vast majority who wouldn't wish to meet them, are simply doing out of preference to perceived characters or bad experiences as opposed to ideals? "

It's impossible from this viewpoint to say what the majority does or does not think and when we say it one way or another we usually assume that the majority believes what we believe. Thus rendering our argument more or less moot.

Soldiers generally don't make the choices, but they are free to quit.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Many reasons.

And as l've said l believe it's only partly political but you patently don't read what is being said. You just read what you want to see."

I may be talking bullshit but I've still yet to read one comment from someone who won't meet service personnel who claims it's because of political reasons (even partly) . ..until they do i can't agree with your reasoning. I've ignored the comment about those from the services being unemployable because I don't see what it has to do with anything. It's just a random comment from one person.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

you know what you see someone asking a question they claim is impartial... but slowly the more you read, the more you see it was asked with an agenda.... and then they jump on the answer that lines up with that agenda.... this is it.......

Reply privately

over a year ago

Many reasons.

Stealing oil? Invading?

Though from objective viewpoint, I think the vast majority who wouldn't wish to meet them, are simply doing out of preference to perceived characters or bad experiences as opposed to ideals? It's impossible from this viewpoint to say what the majority does or does not think and when we say it one way or another we usually assume that the majority believes what we believe. Thus rendering our argument more or less moot.

Soldiers generally don't make the choices, but they are free to quit."

True, there's thousands of people on site not providing their opinions. However soldiers are trained and conditioned not to quit. It's a trait that not everyone will understand. Camaraderie bonds them and to be honest rarely are they fighting for the political cause. More a case of esprit de corps.

Maybe it's these common personality traits they find distasteful.

Anyway it's simply a preference and we're all entitled to them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

My reasons are simple and nothing political based whatsoever ever.

Reply privately

By *iggles and BeardyCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Maybe it's the odd percieved notion that comes across, that a guy deserves a shag just because he wears a uniform.

Wiggles just dislikes the military due to previous experiences with soldiers.

Reply privately

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

"My reasons are simple and nothing political based whatsoever ever.

"

So are most people's. Apart from a handful of backward sectarian (English hating) Scots, and maybe the odd crusty that the OP has apperently bumped into.

Not the best measure of the entire site's opinion.

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Can't remember their posted reasons but some older threads on servicemen had people stating that they didn't want to meet them - so possibly worth a search.

Plenty of them here to share between the rest of us

Reply privately

over a year ago

So are most people's. Apart from a handful of backward sectarian (English hating) Scots, and maybe the odd crusty that the OP has apperently bumped into.

Not the best measure of the entire site's opinion."

Good job I'm Married to a solider, who's a Scotsman then isn't it

Reply privately

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

Not the best measure of the entire site's opinion.

Good job I'm Married to a solider, who's a Scotsman then isn't it "

Lol

An unrepresentatively large number were sweaties when I was in also.

Funilly enough I also married a Scottish soldier.

Reply privately

By *orny.milfWoman
over a year ago

I'm not sure about it being particularly political but most services have "A" type personalities as a requirement of the job so that could be behind the stand off view of some ppl

Me I Cgaf if it's in uniform man women or mix I'm having a Fanny flutter and banging it lmao !! X

Reply privately

over a year ago

I cant talk for women on fab, but women I know in real life are usually not big on forces regardless of their political leanings.

This comes down to a few reasons:

For those who prefer to keep sex as a act for those in a relationship, they have found forces chaps less likely to want to committ to a relationship. For others its due to the potential distance in a relationship if a guy is on duty.

For other female friends who are comfortable with casual sex, many have said they have had experiences with servicemen which have put them off that group. This includes arrogance, a superiority complex over other guys, impoliteness, fuck and go attitude. One girl used to be a bar maid near a barracks and was told she should be happy to suck any serviceman's cock to support the troops. Naturally she quit that job soon after.

That said, these experiences are all notibly from the ground service men, one girl commented that the best relationship she ever had was with a RAF chap, another girl is currently happily dating a RAF engineer.

I guess it comes down to the person and the encounters. I personally know some chaps and lasses in the forces. Some are the kindest and most polite people I know, but I cant stand some of their collegues. But that goes for everyone I imagine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

S

It says 'no army' on my profile. "

To say an infantry soldier is an animal is truly a complete insult. I was in the infantry for just over 22 years and I have seen grown men , hard men cry like babies at sights they saw in Bosnia and yes I cried too. I've seen soldiers feed starving children. Give families in fear hope. So it's a shame that your friends description was so insulting.

Reply privately

over a year ago

S

To say an infantry soldier is an animal is truly a complete insult. I was in the infantry for just over 22 years and I have seen grown men , hard men cry like babies at sights they saw in Bosnia and yes I cried too. I've seen soldiers feed starving children. Give families in fear hope. So it's a shame that your friends description was so insulting."

Well said! I would like to see some posting on here like the op walk a year in a soldiers boots with a tour thrown in for good measure.

Reply privately

By *arry247Couple
over a year ago

Wakefield

"Ive seen a squaddie in action. The stamina was flawless. Support our troops "

We do B loves meeting squaddies

Reply privately

over a year ago

S

To say an infantry soldier is an animal is truly a complete insult. I was in the infantry for just over 22 years and I have seen grown men , hard men cry like babies at sights they saw in Bosnia and yes I cried too. I've seen soldiers feed starving children. Give families in fear hope. So it's a shame that your friends description was so insulting."

To be fair, not many service personnel would give a flying fuck what some no mark thinks of them.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

To say an infantry soldier is an animal is truly a complete insult. I was in the infantry for just over 22 years and I have seen grown men , hard men cry like babies at sights they saw in Bosnia and yes I cried too. I've seen soldiers feed starving children. Give families in fear hope. So it's a shame that your friends description was so insulting.

Well said! I would like to see some posting on here like the op walk a year in a soldiers boots with a tour thrown in for good measure. "

I recognise and resect the difficult work done by our people in uniform and I fully understand mistakes do get made under pressure and stress,,,,,, The frailties and strengths of each individual are simply a natural consequence of the human condition and are instrumental in the process of making good and bad judgment.

So this might sound overly simplistic view, but if service personnel were conscripted I could empathise to a greater degree with those who struggle with the implication of being involved in combat situations.....

But to the best of my knowledge these days they are all volunteers in the armed forces and like any employees in any work related environment they are all accountable for their actions and inactions ...

People don't get to join the armed forces blind of the implication of what might be required of them and simply donning a service uniform does not grant the automatic privilege of public respect and hero status particularly in situations where an individual fails in the dereliction of their duty to a point which further inflames situations they are meant to placate...

We cant absolve criminal activity by dressing its perpetrator in uniform...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I was in the infantry!

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can kinda see why soldiers have a bit of a bad reputation as users.

Reply privately