Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Hair dye for men..!?!?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

What's the general opinion on hair dye products for men...some ladies on here prefer the silver fox look where others will just class you as an "old git " if you leave it silver lol..... is the "just for men" look sad even if done subtly or can it ever be classed as "well if women can dye their hair then so can the guys" I've dyed mine slightly in the past and also let the grey shine through lol. Just looking to see what others think cheers..!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I loveca "salt and pepper" look on a man! Im a fan of a silver fox too so I say embrace it!

over a year ago

Salt and pepper is fine untill there becomes too much salt lol

over a year ago

"Salt and pepper is fine untill there becomes too much salt lol "

I like an older man though

over a year ago

"Salt and pepper is fine untill there becomes too much salt lol

I like an older man though "

Excellent news

over a year ago

I've been grey for so long, if I dyed my hair now, it would look utterly ridiculous!

By *-4pleasureCouple
over a year ago

Belfast

No!!

Just no!!

Don't do it - embrace our greyness!!

"What's the general opinion on hair dye products for men...some ladies on here prefer the silver fox look where others will just class you as an "old git " if you leave it silver lol..... is the "just for men" look sad even if done subtly or can it ever be classed as "well if women can dye their hair then so can the guys" I've dyed mine slightly in the past and also let the grey shine through lol. Just looking to see what others think cheers..!!!"

By *elson61Man
over a year ago

WELWYN GARDEN CITY

No, it just doesn't look right. When you start to dye your hair it doesn't look natural at all. I am more than happy with the salt and pepper look

over a year ago

I dont give a bollocks what other folk think of my grey hairs it's my head lol.

I don't like the dyeing either it's unnatural. Grow old gracefully I say.

over a year ago

Excellent news "

2017yo doesn't seem to fit within her age limits though...you might just be outside them

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

My silver highlights have cost a small fortune in lots of ways, when I get a little to much silver a hair cut does the trick as it looks like I have less silver highlights.

over a year ago

Honestly however guys want to have their hair is fine, dont use the men's stuff though its pants, the normal ranges are fine or to have a more natural look go to a good colourist

over a year ago

Seems guys can't win...comments go from "ohhh your getting awful grey" to "why did you dye your hair it looks stupid) .....such is life pfffffft

over a year ago

Whenever anyone mentions my dad's bald head he says "so what, I cant see it!"

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/03/17 18:23:48]

over a year ago

Just man up and take the grey brother ...you seen a guy that's done the hair dye ?....I rest my case

over a year ago

Excellent news

2017yo doesn't seem to fit within her age limits though...you might just be outside them "

Yes this is true

And 10/10 for memory skills sir

over a year ago

There's definitely more of a stigma about blokes dying their hair. There was an old guy on tv at the weekend who had jet black hair yet his stubble was grey - to be honest he did look slightly silly, and would have looked a lot better with grey hair at his age. In his attempt to look 'better' he actually made himself look worse (in my humble opinion! )

It's like those guys with really obvious wigs - honestly you'd look better bald than with really obvious toupee! I wonder what they see back when they look in a mirror? Do they really think they look better?

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Has it been hair dye for men day today on Fab?

Personally, I think most hair dye looks fake but it's just hair. If it makes the person happy then go for it. Most would get a better effect, in my opinion, by having a good and regular hair cut*.

* Says the lazy bugger whose hair needs sorting out... but it won't be with a dye.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Just man up and take the grey brother ...you seen a guy that's done the hair dye ?....I rest my case "

Isn't that because, on the whole, women will got and get it done professionally or have a good idea what to and men just slap it on and don't go to get it done at a salon? I know that's a huge generalisation but I have NEVER seen a man in the colourist's chair, not even in the very trendy barbers where they do products and head massage.

By *orny IrishMan
over a year ago

Rural Wiltshire

Just go with the flow. If I dyed mine when it first went greying would have started at 18. But I am comfortable with my grey. And I think it suits me now.

over a year ago

"Just man up and take the grey brother ...you seen a guy that's done the hair dye ?....I rest my case

Isn't that because, on the whole, women will got and get it done professionally or have a good idea what to and men just slap it on and don't go to get it done at a salon? I know that's a huge generalisation but I have NEVER seen a man in the colourist's chair, not even in the very trendy barbers where they do products and head massage.

"

You might be onto something,but there's a couple of guys at work do it and to be perfectly honest ..they look complete dicks ...maybe it's because we know them I don't know ..if the grey bothers you ,then go ahead and try the dye...if you don't like it ,it will grow out ..live and let live do what pleases you not everyone else is all I can say

over a year ago

Love grey hair on a man, OP you'd be surprised how many ladies are attracted to the look

over a year ago

Excellent news

2017yo doesn't seem to fit within her age limits though...you might just be outside them

Yes this is true

And 10/10 for memory skills sir "

weird what sticks in the memory sometimes

over a year ago

Excellent news

Yes this is true

And 10/10 for memory skills sir

weird what sticks in the memory sometimes "

Its cos you have a soft spot for me isnt it

over a year ago

Being seriously contemplating dyeing my hair Bond Villain blond colour for ages, any hair dressers got advice?

Ps, have we had this thread recently because got a weird feeling of déjà vu about this?

over a year ago

I was plum for a few weeks

By *U1966Man
over a year ago

Devon

Mine was getting to much salt not enough pepper now its black see how it goes for six weeks then back to the silver fox look

over a year ago

"Being seriously contemplating dyeing my hair Bond Villain blond colour for ages, any hair dressers got advice?

Ps, have we had this thread recently because got a weird feeling of déjà vu about this?"

Just to say this one's the same...just 23 weeks old

But it's very appropriate for me at this moment as I've grown a beard but it's that bloody white it's hardly noticeable.

Has anyone used the beard dye...and is it any good? TIA

over a year ago

I know someone who does his beard. Looks out of place

Post new Message to Thread