Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Unbelievable...

Jump to newest

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Waiting for a small parcel to arrive... Goes to tattooist and leave dogs in my utility room.

DHL arrives and rather than to walk to my front door and post thro my purpose installed letter box, he goes to my back door and puts it thro an open window...... Right into my utility room.

I return to find my parcel and new t shirt ripped to shreds.

Beggars belief......

I phone DHL and they ask do I want to complain.... No I replied I wish to nominate him for employee of the month...

Twats...

Any similar nightmare examples of stupidness

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

will they replace your item?

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

The sender has to claim for the item and then send a replacement.

over a year ago

pain in the arse!

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"pain in the arse!"
My 2 dogs had that.. My boot

over a year ago

My friend's wife died and he was trying to sort everything out. She was on benefits, so he called the DSS to advise them she had died and ask them to stop paying. The Herbert that he spoke to said he couldn't discuss the case with anyone but the claimant! He tried to explain that that was not possible, but the young man stood his ground for some minutes before my friend put the phone down and called back to speak to someone else!

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"My friend's wife died and he was trying to sort everything out. She was on benefits, so he called the DSS to advise them she had died and ask them to stop paying. The Herbert that he spoke to said he couldn't discuss the case with anyone but the claimant! He tried to explain that that was not possible, but the young man stood his ground for some minutes before my friend put the phone down and called back to speak to someone else! "

That's terrible...

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

I was once waiting for a parcel to be delivered with approx £2k worth of electrical equipment in.

The parcel was on next day delivery. Now ok they say that it can be delivered anytime up to 5.30. But tbh if it hasn't arrived by 3 something is usually wrong. So I rang up the company

I was told the parcel had been delivered at 8.30 that morning. I said sorry it wasn't. The checked with the driver who rang me and said he'd left it between the two garden sheds and perhaps I should check

I said sorry, we do not have 1 garden shed, never mind two.

It turned out he had left it on the Street and we live on the Drive.

The weather that day was attrocious £2k worth of equipment unusable sue to the parcel being left out in torrential rain for approx 7 hours

over a year ago

You could shoot the dog to prevent it ever happening again.

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

"You could shoot the dog to prevent it ever happening again. "

Bad man...

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

DHL=Dick Head logitics..

I will not buy anything where this company delievers anymore... They are the worst for their delivery service. my mulm owns a shop and had about £10,000 worth of stock come from Denmark not only did they damage most of the stock they were so rude to my mum that I threatened to pull him into the canal if he did not fuck off....

By *razydriver8Couple
over a year ago

plymouth

"My friend's wife died and he was trying to sort everything out. She was on benefits, so he called the DSS to advise them she had died and ask them to stop paying. The Herbert that he spoke to said he couldn't discuss the case with anyone but the claimant! He tried to explain that that was not possible, but the young man stood his ground for some minutes before my friend put the phone down and called back to speak to someone else! "

this happened when my dad died last year.. the numpy refused to speak to my mum and insisted he had to speak to my dad first.. so she gave him the phone number of the local church where he is buried... then rang back a few hours later, the numpty answered the phone again and said the church was unable to connect him to my dad. she repiled "thats cos he hasnt got a phone line installed in his coffin..." it finally got sorted out but she could have done with out the extra stress..

By *razydriver8Couple
over a year ago

plymouth

on a lighter note...

FED EX and UPS are to merge companies.

they will now be know as..

. FED UP

* BOOM TISH*

over a year ago

"Waiting for a small parcel to arrive... Goes to tattooist and leave dogs in my utility room.

DHL arrives and rather than to walk to my front door and post thro my purpose installed letter box, he goes to my back door and puts it thro an open window...... Right into my utility room.

Beggars belief......

I phone DHL and they ask do I want to complain.... No I replied I wish to nominate him for employee of the month...

Twats...

Any similar nightmare examples of stupidness "

On a lighter note at least they've stopped chewing the washing machine door seal.

over a year ago

Ohhhh dhl.pain in the ass and wonders why they are still in business ?

My order from boots never arrived..boots were great and reimbursed me. Last week had a knock on the door and a guy stood there with my boots order..he had been away and just got it so bought it up to me...he lives in a different area,. So then phoned boots to tell them . for boots to say no problem. have it with their compliments. how nice was that

By *iew OP   Man
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Washing machine gets locked... I learnt that £150 lesson

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Regarding stopping the benefits of a deceased person, you have to send in a letter including a copy of a death certificate by recorded delivery to stop their benefits.

This is to prevent people filing malicious death reports....makes sense, don't you think?

over a year ago

I sent in a copy of my partners death certificate to the television licence people so that I could have the telly licence changed over to my name. I've always paid for it monthly standing order. They never acknowledged they received it.

I still get threats from them saying they will prosecute even though I still pay it monthly standing order, when I call them on the phone they say send another certificate.

over a year ago

"Waiting for a small parcel to arrive... Goes to tattooist and leave dogs in my utility room.

Beggars belief......

Twats...

Any similar nightmare examples of stupidness "

Yes, I had some books delivered by Amazon. No one in, don't know if they tried the neighbours, but thought it was appropriate to put it into the dustbin.

Had some blinds ordered. No one in, so they decided to throw them over the garden fence. It's only when I looked out the window wondering what the long box was in my garden did I realise what it was. Couple of days it had been in the rain.

Lazy and stupid - not a good combination!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I sent in a copy of my partners death certificate to the television licence people so that I could have the telly licence changed over to my name. I've always paid for it monthly standing order. They never acknowledged they received it.

I still get threats from them saying they will prosecute even though I still pay it monthly standing order, when I call them on the phone they say send another certificate. "

That is shocking

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"I sent in a copy of my partners death certificate to the television licence people so that I could have the telly licence changed over to my name. I've always paid for it monthly standing order. They never acknowledged they received it.

I still get threats from them saying they will prosecute even though I still pay it monthly standing order, when I call them on the phone they say send another certificate. "

Did you send it recorded delivery?

over a year ago

I still get threats from them saying they will prosecute even though I still pay it monthly standing order, when I call them on the phone they say send another certificate.

Did you send it recorded delivery?"

To be honest I can't remember I was on autopilot then, if they had asked that it be sent that way I think I would have done so.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

its not just DHL who leave things lying around. Our postman will leave parcels out here there and everywhere, sometimes wedged in the letterbox

i have a piece of recorded mail delivered once but because there was no one in the postman signed for it himself!!

Now i can see why he did it, he thinks he is being helpful not making me drive into town to collect it etc however, i am not too sure how insurance works on items that have been signed for regardless of if they were signed gor by the postman or not??

Post new Message to Thread