Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The WRIGHT question

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Should circus,s be stopped from using animals in their shows ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No

But they could lose the clowns

over a year ago

"Should circus,s be stopped from using animals in their shows ? "
why

it wont be a circus then if no animals

over a year ago

More stringent checks on the animals to alleviate any concerns the pro-animal groups should express, but then they'd oppose anything other than total freedom.

Question: What do you do with thousands of animals that have been in close contact with humans and therefore cannot be released back into the wild?

over a year ago

"Should circus,s be stopped from using animals in their shows ? why

it wont be a circus then if no animals"

The Cirque Du Soleil has no animals and it's an amazing show. Go see it if you ever get the chance.

over a year ago

"More stringent checks on the animals to alleviate any concerns the pro-animal groups should express, but then they'd oppose anything other than total freedom.

Question: What do you do with thousands of animals that have been in close contact with humans and therefore cannot be released back into the wild?"

Eat them

over a year ago

"More stringent checks on the animals to alleviate any concerns the pro-animal groups should express, but then they'd oppose anything other than total freedom.

Question: What do you do with thousands of animals that have been in close contact with humans and therefore cannot be released back into the wild?

Eat them "

Lionburger anyone?

over a year ago

yes, however well theyre treated (which theyre often not) wild animals should not be restrained and forced to perform in the way circus' make them for our "amusement", not for me.

over a year ago

In olden times the only way most people could see 'wild' animals was to visit a circus. These days we have thousands of film archives detailing the lives of almost every species on the planet so the neccessity to see them up close to learn about them can be addressed in other ways, unless you want to work with animals in which case you do need to study them up close. So long as they're cared for properly I don't see any problem with circuses using animals to entertain.

over a year ago

don't agree with the use of animals in circus's

i am also in two minds about zoo's

if they are done properly with adeqaute space and assist with research / re-population of endangered species etc then fair enough - it's the small zoo's in less developed countries that make me sad

over a year ago

Remembering the student riots in London a while back has got me wondering who is better, the animals or us.

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I do think that if we keep animals , the living conditions should reflect their natural habitat as closely as possible. This is impossible in circus,s as their life revolves around being penned up most of the time.

Much prefer the large animal/safari parks which give them more space.

Some zoos do an amazing job...tycross has a good breeding programme and are successful but the animals are still limited re space.

Some zoos are a damned disgrace and should be closed forthwith along wit some circus,s .

Why the hell we find amusing that an elephant can stand on a bucket or do a dance , is beyond me...Why the guy whipping the lions is not eaten saddens me

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Weren't you advocating eating pensioners yesterday? Utter glutany is not the answer to everything...................besides it'd spoil the cut of your Mankini

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Yes

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

apart from food which i find acceptable if the animals are dealt with in a humane way ,i personally reject the exploitation of any animal

over a year ago

"Remembering the student riots in London a while back has got me wondering who is better, the animals or us. "

We are better, or the animals would have us in cages. The problem is that we choose to abuse our power.

With all this power and knowledge over the animal kingdom it's a shame we still make certain selfish choices.....but I guess the natural world is quite selfish.

I'm against animals in captivity when it's beyond the need to sustain life (human or animal).

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"Remembering the student riots in London a while back has got me wondering who is better, the animals or us. "

now wishy in the pm letter thread you were advocating people who sat there and did not do anything were armchair politicians ...when they do your against that too ....tut make your mind up man ...

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

"Remembering the student riots in London a while back has got me wondering who is better, the animals or us.

We are better, or the animals would have us in cages. The problem is that we choose to abuse our power.

With all this power and knowledge over the animal kingdom it's a shame we still make certain selfish choices.....but I guess the natural world is quite selfish.

I'm against animals in captivity when it's beyond the need to sustain life (human or animal). "

i think we do abuse our power your right and we seem to assume the planet and all its inhabitants belong to us to do with as we want,can you imagine if we were visited by superior being and told we are now to be harvested and exploited for food and mateials and stored 200 to a small cage with hardly any facilities. it is only pure chance we are at the top of the food chain not divine right ,as such we have more responsibilities to the other creatures who live here. ...omg i think i got myself into a rant there ....that wont do at all ...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

The circus at blackpool tower doesnt have animals and its brilliant

over a year ago

think things have moved on.

time to let the animals be free and eat the paying crowd

over a year ago

"Remembering the student riots in London a while back has got me wondering who is better, the animals or us.

now wishy in the pm letter thread you were advocating people who sat there and did not do anything were armchair politicians ...when they do your against that too ....tut make your mind up man ...

"

There's a world of difference between getting involved and changing things through democratic process and lobbing fire extinguishers off the top of a tall building. Regardless of how many peaceful protesters there were it will always be remembered for that incident.

over a year ago

What even horses?

over a year ago

If you stop circuses using animals. must you also stop other entertainers using animals. Sea life centres? Magicians? Adverts featuring animals?

Where does it end?

over a year ago

"If you stop circuses using animals. must you also stop other entertainers using animals. Sea life centres? Magicians? Adverts featuring animals?

Where does it end?"

Stop animals reproducing, us all go vegetarian and use the land for crops we can eat. There would be lower carbon emissions and lower green house gasses with more plants absorbing the sunlight and converting carbon dioxide into oxygen.

By *phroditeWoman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"Should circus,s be stopped from using animals in their shows ? why

it wont be a circus then if no animals

The Cirque Du Soleil has no animals and it's an amazing show. Go see it if you ever get the chance."

Very true - they are awesome. Having said that, I dont have a problem with a circus that emplys animals as long as the animals are treated well.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I hate zoo,s as well. I never took my son to one. But i do like safari parks. At least the animals are more like their natural habitat

over a year ago

ban card tricks next because of the fear of the dreaded paper cut!

over a year ago

just think of the muscles one could pull during sex.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"

Eat them

Lionburger anyone? "

If you can beat it, you can eat it.

Post new Message to Thread