Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Vancouver's shame:

Jump to newest

By *ap Adge OP   Man
over a year ago

Wirral

I have had lovely holidays to Canada in the past and by far Vancouver and the province of BC was the best lovely people and ladies i might ad terrible to see this Paul

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ap Adge OP   Man
over a year ago

Wirral

daily mail

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Wut?

By *hiz2112Man
over a year ago

south wales and gloucestershire

is this about the roiting there! sore losers i say!

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

BBC News too.

Surely this goes beyond being sore losers for losing a hockey game, albeit the most prestigious in the game?

Vandalism for the sake of it, a foretaste of things to come everywhere?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

There is a lighter side to this story.

Vancouver: A kiss amid the riots?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13807494

over a year ago

...cracking pair of legs on her too!

By *hiz2112Man
over a year ago

south wales and gloucestershire

once again bad losers,do you think it would of happened if they won,NO...so dab losers!

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"

BBC News too.

Surely this goes beyond being sore losers for losing a hockey game, albeit the most prestigious in the game?

"

I recall the reaction to England losing to Germany in the 1990 Euro footie thingy. People rolling BMWs and Mercs just because they were german cars. Not really an over-reaction though I guess, because it was us doing it.

over a year ago

"

I recall the reaction to England losing to Germany in the 1990 Euro footie thingy. People rolling BMWs and Mercs just because they were german cars. Not really an over-reaction though I guess, because it was us doing it."

I recall a very different evening where in the pub we watched the game at there was an air of celebration that we'd made it to a semi-final. We had a great trouble free evening that night, even when we went into town later - it was very much a party atmosphere.

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

"

I recall the reaction to England losing to Germany in the 1990 Euro footie thingy. People rolling BMWs and Mercs just because they were german cars. Not really an over-reaction though I guess, because it was us doing it.

I recall a very different evening where in the pub we watched the game at there was an air of celebration that we'd made it to a semi-final. We had a great trouble free evening that night, even when we went into town later - it was very much a party atmosphere."

Well I guess it ws different everywhere but it did happen. I am sure there are people in Canada who didn't feel the need to riot either.

All I am saying is that people obviously take sport very seriously, and I am not really seeing the difference between what is happening there and what used to happen in the bad old days of football hooliganism in this country.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Nice of 'em to name their major trophy after a small village near Wakefield though.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

"

BBC News too.

I recall the reaction to England losing to Germany in the 1990 Euro footie thingy. People rolling BMWs and Mercs just because they were german cars. Not really an over-reaction though I guess, because it was us doing it."

yep,

and also if i recall correctly a guy from Russia? kicked about the head by some English 'fans' cos they thought he was German.

It may have been Heywards Heath, certainly in the SE.

The guy never regained consiousness

Post new Message to Thread