Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

a little like ebay

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Hi everyone

was just wondering what everyones thoughts on the verifications? I choose not to show any of mine this been as i feel its a little like ebay getting a rate out of 5 stars, i know people look at them and they are used to show how genuine people are ect, but would people viewing my profile think iv something to hide with them not on display?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

its your profile so you should run it how you like...

stuff what others think!

over a year ago

It's entirely up to the person if they do show them or not. I choose to not show mine. I can show them if some one asks

over a year ago

"Hi everyone

was just wondering what everyones thoughts on the verifications? I choose not to show any of mine this been as i feel its a little like ebay getting a rate out of 5 stars, i know people look at them and they are used to show how genuine people are ect, but would people viewing my profile think iv something to hide with them not on display? "

Some will and some won't....just like life.

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I don't display mine either, not that they are up to date anyway, it doesn't worry me though, if someone needs to see what others think about me before deciding to meet me, they are not for me

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

What you choose to do on your own profile is no-ones business but yours.

over a year ago

"its your profile so you should run it how you like...

stuff what others think!"

Yeah, stuff 'em OP.

over a year ago

"I don't display mine either, not that they are up to date anyway, it doesn't worry me though, if someone needs to see what others think about me before deciding to meet me, they are not for me "

Very much this.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Well we know they're not going to be bad ones, because you wouldn't display them. As long as it says verified on the profile, don't think it's a problem

By *heaspieswingerMan
over a year ago

Peak District

We have veris and are photo verified so don't see a need to have a long list of comments attached to the end of ours.

We're happy enough if people are verified, whether they choose to show them or not x

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

Go you Op..

There are some that are obsessed by them.. Not gonna meet anyone with less than ten current veris, a dna test and full family history, Blah, blah, blah blah.....

Me, I don't care if someone has them or not, I always arrange a social meet somewhere that I don't mind going, if they don't turn up its no loss to me then.

And like any safeguards, it can be abused by the dishonest so can they truly be trusted anyway..

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

We're not obsessed by them and don't use them to use other opinions about what we should do. We see them as useful purely to help gauge if someone is a genuine meeter. If they are completely hidden, there's only the green tick, which in truth is next to useless on its own.

So, entirely everyones choice, but it would put us off.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

There's no right answer for everyone, except to do as you wish and change it when you fancy. I don't display all of mine as I prefer people to get to know me, rather than a another's view of me.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I like to display at least one a year, just to prove that I'm still alive like

over a year ago

"its your profile so you should run it how you like...

stuff what others think!"

over a year ago

In my opinion verifications are a waste of time and mean hardly anything.

People leave each other a good veri because they want a good veri in return.

And if someone leaves a bad veri then they are hardly going to display it either.

So veris mean sod all to me.

over a year ago

"great lass, sucks cock like a true champ, treat her with respect, dont miss out"

- every verification ever

They all say the same so i dont bother reading them

By *eorgeccMan
over a year ago

Belfast

I think most points have been covered but for me as long as I can see that that person has been verified then I know that she's actually real. I don't care if they're hidden, people have different opinions and different perceptions of what they like or don't like. What I'm trying to say is if I read a verification and it said this person couldn't suck a dick I wouldn't care because what that person didn't like doesn't mean I won't like it.

Hope that helps x

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"I think most points have been covered but for me as long as I can see that that person has been verified then I know that she's actually real. I don't care if they're hidden, people have different opinions and different perceptions of what they like or don't like. What I'm trying to say is if I read a verification and it said this person couldn't suck a dick I wouldn't care because what that person didn't like doesn't mean I won't like it.

Hope that helps x

"

That's partly the point, if they are hidden you don't necessarily know if the person is real.

E.g a single verified guy can set up a fake female profile and verify it off his single profile, then hide the veri on the 'female' profile.

There will be genuine profiles with hidden veris and lots of fake ones too.

It's eveybodies individual choice what to display and what to be wary of.

By *he_Raggedy_DoctorMan
over a year ago

Some where in West Sussex

I found mine a hindrance more than helpful

I have now hidden them due to that but I'm verified and photo verified that's all people need to know

over a year ago

You never see a bad vari do you ?

By *larayCouple
over a year ago

bolton

If they are hidden how do you know they are verified?

over a year ago

I would like them to be more like Ebay, the text can be cringe making, simple showed up, on time, looked like photos star rating would be fine.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

Hi op,

You will never please everyone so do whatever you are comfortable with.

We show ours,as many are from social events.

Miss

over a year ago

Can I claim refunds?

By *lassy pairCouple
over a year ago

Greenwich London

"You never see a bad vari do you ? "

Very true

No one goes by vary but it just give an idea what others said good about you but if they say anything bad ppl chose not to display it, as we once gave an honest vary and it was never displayed on their profile, in fact the site should display all verify givin to you where ever you like it or not

over a year ago

"You never see a bad vari do you ?

Very true

No one goes by vary but it just give an idea what others said good about you but if they say anything bad ppl chose not to display it, as we once gave an honest vary and it was never displayed on their profile, in fact the site should display all verify givin to you where ever you like it or not "

If it was force published, then it must be limited to tick boxes. Otherwise you will find that your mobile number, that mole on your left knee and other personal stuff will get mentioned when people do veri's d*unk...

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Very true

No one goes by vary but it just give an idea what others said good about you but if they say anything bad ppl chose not to display it, as we once gave an honest vary and it was never displayed on their profile, in fact the site should display all verify givin to you where ever you like it or not "

Hmmm, kind of a good idea, but what's would stop someone doing a veri for you, even though they've not met you, like "We met Classy pair and they took us to their caravan parked behind Lidl, got us d*unk and stole our kidneys to buy crack" . It's open to abuse!

By *lassy pairCouple
over a year ago

Greenwich London

Very true

No one goes by vary but it just give an idea what others said good about you but if they say anything bad ppl chose not to display it, as we once gave an honest vary and it was never displayed on their profile, in fact the site should display all verify givin to you where ever you like it or not

If it was force published, then it must be limited to tick boxes. Otherwise you will find that your mobile number, that mole on your left knee and other personal stuff will get mentioned when people do veri's d*unk... "

It is a point

But there is a software that detect telephone numbers or a modorater that can read it petite it get published

Simple

By *lassy pairCouple
over a year ago

Greenwich London

Very true

Hmmm, kind of a good idea, but what's would stop someone doing a veri for you, even though they've not met you, like "We met Classy pair and they took us to their caravan parked behind Lidl, got us d*unk and stole our kidneys to buy crack" . It's open to abuse!"

Omg you just remind me I am in needs of kidney and now you just gave the prefect plot

Thanks guys

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

"

Omg you just remind me I am in needs of kidney and now you just gave the prefect plot

Thanks guys "

Do you already have the Chianti?

By *lassy pairCouple
over a year ago

Greenwich London

"

Thanks guys

Do you already have the Chianti? "

Not just one a few

Post new Message to Thread