Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

school

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

after my previous thread on school subjects we all liked, what subjects do you think you have learnt the most from and also which subjects do you wish you'd learnt about?

In my opinion i think a subject on 'real life' would be useful. By that i mean learn about self employment, money management, family life, laws of the land

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

We had a student teacher who must've been in his 40s take us for history. One day he instigated a discussion about financial reward vs job satisfaction. My attitude was job satisfaction all the way and I've never forgotten that day.

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

The school i went had a scheme where in the last yr we did a week in week out each week working at various places the lads went and did gardening for oaps and us girls went to hospitals the childerns home for special needs childern and local schools

we learnt more those two weeks a month than the other two weeks when we were at school

its a pity other schools didnt do this nowadays

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ive been to the school of hard knocks and its the only one ive learnt anything from

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Im not sure they can teach you about real life. They can teach you about money management ect but mostly you have to find out for yourself.

I always remember laughing at a very simple thing. My son was having a really bad nose bleed, the hamster had escaped the dinner was burning and the phone was ringing and i thought where do they tell you about this in the manuals

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Im not sure they can teach you about real life. They can teach you about money management ect but mostly you have to find out for yourself.

I always remember laughing at a very simple thing. My son was having a really bad nose bleed, the hamster had escaped the dinner was burning and the phone was ringing and i thought where do they tell you about this in the manuals"

Well, if you'd read the manuals, the hamster wouldn't have escaped and the dinner wouldn't be burning.

KISS

x

Post new Message to Thread