Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Tipping

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

okay... being american born and slightly bread... I do tip most of the time... be it in a restaurant, or in a pub, or a taxi.... and friends look at me thinking "WTF"

so i admit to being a serial tipper....

do you tip...if so, what for??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yes

being a hairdresser i guess i know just how much difference a tip can make to someone so i always tip

over a year ago

sorry should of said always if i recieve good service

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

"okay... being american born and slightly bread... I do tip most of the time... be it in a restaurant, or in a pub, or a taxi.... and friends look at me thinking "WTF"

so i admit to being a serial tipper....

do you tip...if so, what for??"

I'm a "tipper" too.

I suppose it came about because I was in the Hotel Industry straight from school nearly 40 years ago, when tipping was "standard" then. I moved on from "traditional" hotels into the modern example of Holiday Inns, where the Americans tipped, it being a usual everyday practice.

My tips are limited to cab drivers and hairdressers, but if I stay in a hotel, I always tip the Housekeeping staff and do so directly as (from personal knowledge) they rarely see or receive tips!

over a year ago

always tip if the service has been good, I wonder how many will deduct from the bill, say the service you received in a restaurant was very poor and the service charge is already included in the price, this I have done on very few occasions and it does not go down well with the management, mrs always walks out in embarrasment but it should work both ways..tip for good and deduct for bad, I also haggle for nearly everything I buy too.

Post new Message to Thread