Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

PARTY

Jump to newest

By *nowy19634 OP   Man
over a year ago

lowestoft

i was arranging a little party at my house last night and posted a message on a few sites i use.i got a message from a guy who said he was interested and has got a couple that want to come to.so cut a long story short i asked the guy to give my number to this couple to contact me direct.i got a text from this couple stating how they play,i was fine with that.but when i asked to ring them to confirm they are a couple and give detail where to come and time they went mental telling me they dont have to prove anything to singles and would report me for being a peado i still got all texts from this couple on my phone.so considering this guy had no pics in his profile and the couple i new nothing about, i only had hear say from this guy.was i right to ask for a chat on phone with this couple to confirm or not because who would let total strangers turn up at there house.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The slightest whiff of dodginess gets a wide berth from me.

By *adcowWoman
over a year ago

kirkcaldy

was your party hun so you had final say on who could come or not. and i think if couple had been genuine they would have been willing to confirm the fact to you- the host. sounds like it was their loss. hope the party went well despite it all. and if the couple were on one of the sites i would also report there profile stating the abuse they gave you. was not necessary.

over a year ago

mate i think u did the right thing. dodgy as fuck in my eyes. if they were genuine, they wouldn't have much of a problem verifying themselves in order to have access to a party. i reckon the single guy is a lil dodgy myself!

oh well, life goes on....just be cautious who u give your number to in future mate

Forum Mod

over a year ago

There are some very strange people around

over a year ago

Tis your party you can vet who and how you want too :D

Think I am going to let random strangers into my house, without some sort of conversation first

over a year ago

Something very dodgy there! No, of course you won't give total strangers your address, without talking to them first!

And because you're a single guy, they can somehow brand you a paedophile???? Methinks they have some serious issues, there!

If they're on this site, I would report to Admin (although it's a pity if all the abuse is via text messages ) and block their profile.

By *nowy19634 OP   Man
over a year ago

lowestoft

thanks you lovely people for the messages.i have always used this way and found it the best way and most other people use the same when i am invited there.oh yes the party went ahead and was great gonna hold another in 4 weeks time.the other thing is the amount of people that send u a message asking who is going to the party.now i am decreete and will never tell anyone who is coming if they are not invited.

over a year ago

Keep it select and be choosy at all times.

These others just prooved they were not the type you wanted at your home so you had a lucky escape. .

And through the ones that came and made it successful, you will in turn meet other trustworthy party goers. good luck with the next one

By *nowy19634 OP   Man
over a year ago

lowestoft

thanks very much guys i was thinking it was me.roll on next party in 4 weeks.

over a year ago

you have every right to ask to speak to them on phone. probably just a guy not a couple

over a year ago

We would never let people into our house who we haven't met before.

A Hotel meet would be different but with having family we have to be really careful....

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

People think it's boring but we prefer a social meet first with new people.... 'most of the time'. Saves all the hassle of turning up and they are just not your cup of tea. Plus if they turn out to be timewasters you can still have a good night

By *ittlemorespiceCouple
over a year ago

North Cornwall

"thanks you lovely people for the messages.i have always used this way and found it the best way and most other people use the same when i am invited there.oh yes the party went ahead and was great gonna hold another in 4 weeks time.the other thing is the amount of people that send u a message asking who is going to the party.now i am decreete and will never tell anyone who is coming if they are not invited."

We wouldnt have had a problem calling to verify.... gut instinct is always best. Showed their true colours with weird insult. Personally, recon it was just a weird single guy. Who knows why they behave in such a way with no payoffs, they just do.

Mistress x

Post new Message to Thread