Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I U D advice from the ladies Please.

Jump to newest

By *razydriver8 OP   Couple
over a year ago

plymouth

A few weeks ago , I visited the nurse for my annual birth control checkup.

she said at my age!!, i should really be thinking about not having the pill anymore and using an IUD instead. she showed it to me and explained how it worked.

but couldnt answer the question.. can others feel it inside me.. ie their fingers. etc.. she said my partner wouldn't really notice it there..

which brings me to my point of posting.. Have any of you lovely ladies and men , i suppose as your the ones who are possibly doing the feeling inside there, have you/can you feel the little bits of string/wire what ever they are..

any " serious" answered most greatfully appricated.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

was thinking of it years ago with my ex but he didnt like the idear of it .im on the jab havinf few prob with it .seeing the nurse next week see about the pill.

cant see age should be prob with the pill.if your healthy

By *razydriver8 OP   Couple
over a year ago

plymouth

think the main prob with my age is . ive been on the pill since my last child and shes now 22 so for 22 years.. she thinks i should have a break. been having a few problems with my cycle and it not being where it should or turning up when it shouldn't plays havoc with swinging schedual ( waits for comments lol )

over a year ago

im haveing same prob with the jab.cant play till it sorted its doing my head in now

over a year ago

hi i had the iud fitted between my children my dont know wether the men can feel it but have they warned you that it can somtimes cause infection dont want to scare you but this is what happened with me although this osent meen it happens with everyone. have they not mentioned the implant that you can have put in your arm i have herd this is a reliable form of birth control x

over a year ago

I have the mirena coil fitted...i really like it, it took a few months to settle down, but cant feel it and no man has either. xx

By *inktherapyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

I had the mirena and had to have the threads cut really short (basically nin existent - I had it in and out under anaesthetic), so they were quite spiky and hubby could feel them (so could I) but that's unusual. What I hated about it was the 2 out of 4 weeks pmt and absolutely no sex drive

over a year ago

I had to have two removed as they dislodged and got lost inside so I dont trust them was on the injection and taking in a break before I have the implant so just using condoms at the moment. Depending on your age how long has your cycle changed could be a sign of early menapause. Just a thought.

over a year ago

I had the Mirena coil fitted 10 months ago and apart from the initial settling down problems of continuous (but not heavy) bleeding in the first few weeks after fitting, its been brilliant. I haven't had any bleeding at all for 9 months and don't expect I will for the next 4 years its inside.

If I push my fingers in as far as they can go I can occasionally feel the string and I've asked the OH to check for me once when I was paranoid that it had come out as we'd been a bit energetic, he could feel it but it was tucked well up inside.

He said that during sex or touching he's never noticed it and indeed have to ferret around deeply in order to locate the strings. So I wouldn't worry, its not an issue and it doesn't matter how strenuously you have sex, its unlikely to be pulled out.

Some people have had problems but that's an individu thing. I love the fact that I don't have any periods so don't have to plan meets around menstration and as I have the slow release of levonegestrel in my body, hopefully I won't suffer the side effects of the menopause when that dreaded thing happens

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I've just got this picture of you ferreting around in your fanny.

over a year ago

"I had the mirena and had to have the threads cut really short (basically nin existent - I had it in and out under anaesthetic), so they were quite spiky and hubby could feel them (so could I) but that's unusual. What I hated about it was the 2 out of 4 weeks pmt and absolutely no sex drive "

I have never had any of these problems and I'd say it was rare, of course everyone is different as our bodies are all completely different. I'm surprised at anaesthetic for the insertion of a coil, I'd call it uncomfortable but not painful and I haven't had babies naturally so my cervix is tight as its never been dislodged during childbirth. Of course as I've said everyone is different but anaesthetic would be rare, the sheer cost of having someone in hospital rather than a doctors surgery would surely put GPs off prescribing it for that individual

By *inktherapyCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"I had the mirena and had to have the threads cut really short (basically nin existent - I had it in and out under anaesthetic), so they were quite spiky and hubby could feel them (so could I) but that's unusual. What I hated about it was the 2 out of 4 weeks pmt and absolutely no sex drive

I have never had any of these problems and I'd say it was rare, of course everyone is different as our bodies are all completely different. I'm surprised at anaesthetic for the insertion of a coil, I'd call it uncomfortable but not painful and I haven't had babies naturally so my cervix is tight as its never been dislodged during childbirth. Of course as I've said everyone is different but anaesthetic would be rare, the sheer cost of having someone in hospital rather than a doctors surgery would surely put GPs off prescribing it for that individual

"

very rare and needed for physical reasons (from having had 3 (now 4) children), not pain relief reasons. Couldn't wait to get rid of it, though - seemed fairly pointless to have when I never wanted sex! (except for lack of periods - that was a major plus) One operation later after child number 4 and all of that was sorted - no periods, no contraception (just condoms as a barrier when swinging!!)- yeay!!

over a year ago

ive had quite bad problems with , it never really settled, my partner(who is quite large) could feel it and i had constant spotting and cramps til i had it removed after 4 months, everyones different and it might suit you, but id never try it again x

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

Yes... I had one put in back in September. I had cramps every day until I finally had it removed in February! I didn't like it at all. I was very aware of it all the time.

I have never been comfortable with the idea of it but it made my skin crawl with the thought of having some foreign object up there when I was having sex. I don't think my partners could feel it but I could feel it during sex... more in a dull ache sort of way than an actual prodding of the device itself. It wasn't for me... it was instant relief from the daily pain when I had it removed. Lots of people swear by it though. I think it's a try it and see sort of thing.

I had an implant in before that and it worked really well for about 18 months, I had no period at all for that length of time. Then I think I sucked all the hormones out of it and it gave me the worst PMT ever. I had it removed and then another one inserted and it just didn't work either.

I was on the pill for years before that... since I was about 15.

over a year ago

I've tried it 3 times, had it dislodged once, my body cramp till it pushed it out and last time pain had me back to have it removed..

Now on implant... and having to take the pill or I have a night mare time. I don't know what I will do when I can't have the pill anymore..

Katie x

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

Mrs surrey had one fitted a cpl of years ago and could not get on with it, messed her cycle up so it was removed.

i could feel it with fingers and when inside her, did feel a tad different but not a problem.

Have felt the 'strings' with another lady also, which is not a problem.

By *ev and TrevCouple
over a year ago

cardiff

I had a mirena coil fitted a few years ago, had 3 - 4 months of spotting and mild stomach cramps then nothing. No periods, no PMT, no lack of sex drive, was the best thing I'd ever used and would personally recommend it.

As for feeling the strings, if I tried really hard to find them I could but Mart certainly never did!

By *essesCouple
over a year ago

nottingham

I've got the old fashioned coil and so still get periods but I haven't had any problems with it and can't feel the strings and my husband has never found them either. Really happy with it and my periods are fine, slightly heavier but always on time etc.

By *heekyladyCouple
over a year ago

manchester

I had one fitted about 14 years ago and absolutely hated it. In fact the problem I had was that it moved and I got pregnant.

Suffice it to say it wasn't a pleasant experience for me to have one.

By *uckbunnieCouple
over a year ago

Redcar

i had the coil for the same reason, it didnt agree with me, i had continous bleeding as well as cramps, oh didnt say anything about feeling it though.

I now have the implant and that has been fine for me, i think it just depends on the individual

over a year ago

The marina coil is also bein used in cancer research, its proving to be a barrier against some fem cancers, this is fact from a leading oncolagist, at LRI

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

ive got the marina,and i worried about this too.Kev assures me that with sex he can feel nothing,and even fisting me has felt no difference.

i think it was one of the wisest contraceptive decisions i made.My periods after 5 months are so ight to be not much more than spotting.No pain,and less pmt.Oh and fewer play days lost!

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I am now on my second Implant - best decision ever, needed a few months to settle down, but now I rarely have a period which is great as I don't need a calendar in order to arrange a meet

over a year ago

"I had the mirena and had to have the threads cut really short (basically nin existent - I had it in and out under anaesthetic), so they were quite spiky and hubby could feel them (so could I) but that's unusual. What I hated about it was the 2 out of 4 weeks pmt and absolutely no sex drive

very rare and needed for physical reasons (from having had 3 (now 4) children), not pain relief reasons. Couldn't wait to get rid of it, though - seemed fairly pointless to have when I never wanted sex! (except for lack of periods - that was a major plus) One operation later after child number 4 and all of that was sorted - no periods, no contraception (just condoms as a barrier when swinging!!)- yeay!! "

Good that you got it sorted and are well now

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

i've got the implant and its taken a while to settle doen but its great cos i am crap at remembering to take pills - just need an implant for me diabetes tablets now lol

only thing is, my implant has broken in 2 and no one seems to know if this will cause me any problems

over a year ago

"i've got the implant and its taken a while to settle doen but its great cos i am crap at remembering to take pills - just need an implant for me diabetes tablets now lol

only thing is, my implant has broken in 2 and no one seems to know if this will cause me any problems "

u need to see ur gp or nurse to get it remove and re3placed huni it happened to a friend

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"i've got the implant and its taken a while to settle doen but its great cos i am crap at remembering to take pills - just need an implant for me diabetes tablets now lol

only thing is, my implant has broken in 2 and no one seems to know if this will cause me any problems

u need to see ur gp or nurse to get it remove and re3placed huni it happened to a friend"

i went to my docs but he just said it was scar tissue - its not, i can feel 2 distinct pieces in there lol

will make another appointment tomorrow, thank you x

By *uicyhunnibunniWoman
over a year ago

paignton

"hi i had the iud fitted between my children my dont know wether the men can feel it but have they warned you that it can somtimes cause infection dont want to scare you but this is what happened with me although this osent meen it happens with everyone. have they not mentioned the implant that you can have put in your arm i have herd this is a reliable form of birth control x "

i have to agree here dont want to scare and i know things are different for different people but i had problems pain and ended up with a pelvic inflametry infection pain was horrendous then it virtually (thank goodness) fell out!! however my hubby said he couldnt ever feel it, but you may be ok. my daughter has the implant had no problems in the year and a half and only only 2 periods bonus!!! lol!!!! good luck with what you decide to go for

over a year ago

Hi, I had the copper ous fitted last year as I didn't want to take any more contraceptives with hormones in. It was really painful, but I was told that as I've not had kids, also have heavier and painful periods which I never had before. My partner has only felt the strings once and that was when we were having a very intense, deep session with his fingers, he's never felt them during sex or normal foreplay with his fingers, you can get the strings cut down if they're too long.

By *usharellaWoman
over a year ago

newcastle upon tyne

i had my coil when i had my daughter 6 years ago never had any problems got it changed at the 5 year mark and still not had a problem with it at all, no guys have said they can feel it x

over a year ago

Copper iud! Predictive text!!

over a year ago

i had a mirena for a year - but had it taken out after a year due to weight gain and spots.I got it replaced in Jan with normal copper coil - had heavy bleeding first month but fine now... and neither my man or other swinging partners have ever commented on feeling it!

Post new Message to Thread