Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Thursday Moan

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Its been ages since i've had a forum moan, and since its Thursday (even though I thought it was Wednesday), perfect day to do it.

My moan is about some profiles, always a good subject, and as a disclaimer I will say, yes I no its their profille and i'm not questioning it, im just wondering.

NO SINGLE MALES.

READ THE WHOLE PROFILE. NO SINGLE MALES.

AND AGAIN. NO SINGLE MALES.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE, CANT YOU READ PROFILES, NO SINGLE MALES.

Why not just block single males?

Thats the bit I dont understand. If there was a group that I didnt meet, I would block, then I wouldnt get any messages from said group.

Anyone got the answer????

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"

Anyone got the answer???? "

Its blowing in the wind apparently xx

over a year ago

"

Its blowing in the wind apparently xx "

What are you doing up???

Think you went to bed as I woke up!!

I was forum lurking all by myself for hours this morning.

over a year ago

"

Its blowing in the wind apparently xx

What are you doing up???

Think you went to bed as I woke up!!

I was forum lurking all by myself for hours this morning. "

Well i canna sleep again so i went ta bed and rested but thats about it and now im up fa work xx

over a year ago

Personally mine does not state no single males, more over, I will find them. As I have many single men friends, from life, that are also swingers and on this site. I dont want to block them all.

I do like men, I just know from experience, putting down that I am looking for a single man is like opening a dam, the volume of messages is unbelivable Most of my messages are singles males, and not just local ones either.

And some of the first messages I got, 'didn't like' that I had put that I would find single men and would block them all if I was bombarded.

Still its the first time I have used the block button on this site, I think I have about 6 blocked already

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

I wish to make it known I've resigned as moan co-ordinator. The pressures of the job were too much.

.. and hitting that moaning whinge bag with a still warm baguette last week and shoving it some where that left it largely inedible may have had some influence on my decision to be fair.

So what was the question?

Oh yes, single males, blocking etc.

I never really get that one either. If they are that annoying and you don't want to meet them then block them and stop moaning.

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"Personally mine does not state no single males, more over, I will find them. As I have many single men friends, from life, that are also swingers and on this site. I dont want to block them all.

I do like men, I just know from experience, putting down that I am looking for a single man is like opening a dam, the volume of messages is unbelivable Most of my messages are singles males, and not just local ones either.

And some of the first messages I got, 'didn't like' that I had put that I would find single men and would block them all if I was bombarded.

Still its the first time I have used the block button on this site, I think I have about 6 blocked already "

Single males and their messages are a huge problem, I really do sympathise with the ladies and couples on that one.

Are you aware that even if you block all males the ones you message or wink can still contact you?

Interestingly I spotted you were from Nottingham and had a look and noticed I've never messaged you myself. Just proves a few of us do read profiles - I suspect we are a rare breed though!

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

I fully understand where they are coming from and after all its their or more usually his choice. So when I see it repeated over and over I do the blocking for them to save them time.

I assume they get some sort of kick out of stating it? I don't know but why not use the preferences and then at least you'll seem approachable to couples reading your profile. Or perhaps being rude is their preference?

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

It does scream negativity to me when I see that on a profile.

Now I know I'm a single male and I wouldn't contact anyone who had that on their profile, but it still sends out bad vibes to me and I can't help wondering if couples or females may be put off by it as well.

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Exactly my point Invictus, very negative.

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

makes them feel superior..

it's a power thing.

x

over a year ago

"It does scream negativity to me when I see that on a profile.

I can't help wondering if couples or females may be put off by it as well. "

Im put off by it. Its the capital shouty way its written.

I just think block them then.

over a year ago

"It does scream negativity to me when I see that on a profile.

I can't help wondering if couples or females may be put off by it as well.

Im put off by it. Its the capital shouty way its written.

I just think block them then.

*wanders off whistling to check that none of my profile is in capitals*

"

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I dont have it on my profile but the I enjoy getting the grovelling emails from the desperado's haha xx

By *nvictusMan
over a year ago

Beeston

"makes them feel superior..

it's a power thing.

x"

Wow! I'm off to 'empower' my profile with some serious Caps Lock, kick ass negativity!!

By *ENDAROOSCouple
over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We have one small paragraph at the top of our profile about single men.

Choose not to use the block single guys feature because we like to keep in contact with those we have met from this and another site.

To be honest feel we don't need to use it as we don't get hundreds of emails from single guys...probably only get 1/2 a week (sometimes not even that) from guys that haven't read our profile or that we don't know.

Post new Message to Thread