Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fit and Healthy 10

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Nice to keep this going

As we get to the end of the year, and keeping the positive vibe, what has been your highlight for the year?

Also, what is the target for 2017?

Me, I've dropped two stone this year and completed my first ultra marathon and for next year I want to go sub 4 hours for a marathon.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Just keep fucking

By *orny IrishMan
over a year ago

Rural Wiltshire

I would love to have a year injury free. Or at least not stop me from training.

That's not looking good so far as a week back and both knees are aching. I feel a trip to the physio is required.

Complete my third 100 mile sportif. And a few more OCR's.

over a year ago

Must be doing well as i weighed the lowest I have since I started monitoring my weight and other key measurements.

Also got asked by a hottie in the office if I'd lost weight

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

Fell off motorbike last year, fell off road bike this year, fitness training has been patchy, and I've put on weight.

Aim for next year: get back on (and stay on) road bike and train to become a Personal Trainer.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I had a lady lick my bicep (left)

Need to sort the right one in 2017.

over a year ago

I'd like to get fitter and healthier for 2017, and be more mindful of diet/nutrition and incorporate more regular and enjoyable exercise into my routine. I think perhaps sourcing a personal trainer might be a good investment

over a year ago

"Fell off motorbike last year, fell off road bike this year, fitness training has been patchy, and I've put on weight.

Aim for next year: get back on (and stay on) road bike and train to become a Personal Trainer."

Have you given any thoughts to buying a tricycle

over a year ago

Highlight... completed a tough mudder

For next year... add more lean mass, already started on this

over a year ago

Highlight of 2016 was getting down to just overweight instead of obese. Lowlight was how shamefully quickly I regained a stone and a half of that

So in 2017 I want to get my weight back down as fast as possible, do the Great North Swim in Windemere and do a 10k run.

By *rs DCouple
over a year ago

far

"Fell off motorbike last year, fell off road bike this year, fitness training has been patchy, and I've put on weight.

Aim for next year: get back on (and stay on) road bike and train to become a Personal Trainer.

Have you given any thoughts to buying a tricycle "

hehe

over a year ago

"Highlight of 2016 was getting down to just overweight instead of obese. Lowlight was how shamefully quickly I regained a stone and a half of that

So in 2017 I want to get my weight back down as fast as possible, do the Great North Swim in Windemere and do a 10k run. "

It happens... keep at it and dont let it get in your head too much. FWIW you look pretty good to me

over a year ago

"I'd like to get fitter and healthier for 2017, and be more mindful of diet/nutrition and incorporate more regular and enjoyable exercise into my routine. I think perhaps sourcing a personal trainer might be a good investment "

The enjoyable part is hitting the nail on the head. Far more likely to maintain it that way.

Personal trainer is always a good idea

over a year ago

After having a tough year of illness, I'll be getting my training back to normality, which I've already started doing. No marathon targets... my only target is to be able to complete 10 push ups. I realise how lame that sounds, but I've never been able to do 1, even after losing 7 stone!

over a year ago

"Highlight of 2016 was getting down to just overweight instead of obese. Lowlight was how shamefully quickly I regained a stone and a half of that

So in 2017 I want to get my weight back down as fast as possible, do the Great North Swim in Windemere and do a 10k run.

It happens... keep at it and dont let it get in your head too much. FWIW you look pretty good to me"

Thanks...I know it's not healthy though so hey ho, back on the diet wagon!

over a year ago

"After having a tough year of illness, I'll be getting my training back to normality, which I've already started doing. No marathon targets... my only target is to be able to complete 10 push ups. I realise how lame that sounds, but I've never been able to do 1, even after losing 7 stone!

"

If you want to join forces on some exercise stuff (a class or walk etc) give me a bell.

over a year ago

"After having a tough year of illness, I'll be getting my training back to normality, which I've already started doing. No marathon targets... my only target is to be able to complete 10 push ups. I realise how lame that sounds, but I've never been able to do 1, even after losing 7 stone!

"

I'm with you on that, I think I'd find a marathon easier, my upper body strength is abysmal!

over a year ago

Managed a weird mix of very cool stuff that I'm very pleased with.

The main aim for 2017 is to not take so much much unimportant stuff so seriously. We'll see how that goes

over a year ago

"Just keep fucking"

Dory stylee...love it.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

In a year I've lost quite a few stones. Down from a size 22 at the start of the year to a 16 now but I'm still obese and have a bit of a way to go - my aim for the next year is to shift the final couple of stones and be toned and curvy (and hopefully not lose my boobs or bum!).

over a year ago

I'm down to 14st 10. I started weighing myself at the beginning of summer and I was 15st 10. So, a stone lost at least.

I can't think of any highlights, it's been a bit of a crap year. My mum still being here is a bonus.

over a year ago

I'm looking forward to 2017, new year and new targets.

Snowdonia trail marathon, arguably toughest maratgon in the country and my y runners physique probably won't get me round. So I'll be hitting the gym to work on core and strength for the first few months of next year

over a year ago

At the end of May was told my cholesterol was a tad high at 7. Since then I have lost 3 stone through eating healthily and daily power walking and feel so much better for it. Just had the cholesterol checked and it is down to 4.56 (and not one statin has passed my lips). My BP has also dropped too. Feeling rather proud of myself the only downfall, I have lost weight off my boobs booooooooo lol

over a year ago

If you want to join forces on some exercise stuff (a class or walk etc) give me a bell. "

You know it! X

over a year ago

I'm with you on that, I think I'd find a marathon easier, my upper body strength is abysmal!"

Oh I know, mine's shocking. I discovered that moving house. Such a weakling!

By *essThePirateWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"

Goodstuff! I don't eat and breathe crossfire but they do recommend building up to press ups by leaning g ago St a wall, then a table then decreasing sized boxes rather doing bent knee. Planks will help too!

Just completed my circuit class course and vaguely intend to do some for middle sons team!

over a year ago

There's a ton of inspirational posts in this thread. Wonderful!

By *issyyourbadWoman
over a year ago

Dorset

[Removed by poster at 10/12/16 15:36:32]

over a year ago

For 2017, my goal is to get more ripped and to achieve the dry paper thin competition look with striations showing, by using a carb cycle. I am going to spain so I want to look my best on the beach

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"For 2017, my goal is to get more ripped and to achieve the dry paper thin competition look with striations showing, by using a carb cycle. I am going to spain so I want to look my best on the beach "

Good luck, flabbo

over a year ago

Some fantastic achievements and great goals

Remember, it doesn't matter how they compare to others (for the most part). The only person you compete with is yourself.

over a year ago

I lost over 2 stone.

Wanting to lose 2 more

My highlight was probably that and having 3 cocks all to myself.

~Mia

over a year ago

2017 target is to lose a stone, tone up again & be fitter.

Kicking off the year with Dry January. The more I say it the more likely I am to do it, that's the plan anyway

over a year ago

So in 2017 I want to get my weight back down as fast as possible, do the Great North Swim in Windemere and do a 10k run. "

Happens to us all, don't beat yourself up over it

Great goals you've set!

over a year ago

I'd like to get back to my triathlons - missed them this year.

And also lose some of the wiggle I've gained. It's all fun and games til your pants don't fit

over a year ago

"In a year I've lost quite a few stones. Down from a size 22 at the start of the year to a 16 now but I'm still obese and have a bit of a way to go - my aim for the next year is to shift the final couple of stones and be toned and curvy (and hopefully not lose my boobs or bum!)."

You look absolutely beautiful!

By *ooking for bbwsCouple
over a year ago

secret garden chilling, always something to do in the garden

Same this time last year I was getting to 19stone, now 15.11 so really happy, just started my swimming to get fit again! (But mother nature gets in the way) but managed to beat my amount of lengths, from 26-50 in an hour, (however I can't use my legs did to my knee used to dislocate fixed but still weak, so can't use my left leg, but now managing to kick during swimming) so hoping to build up on doing it on a faster time!

also never been under 15stone,since I was 15 years old so really pleased but still classed as mobordly obese so started at my local gym, an i used to hate to walking, an now I'm ok with walking, I'm doing much better, but glad I've lost weight, but my back don't feel any better!

By *-angel-XWoman
over a year ago

hell

I've gone off the rails and keep eating how the hell do I stop it !!!

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

29k m bike tomorrow xx week of active recovery and half kilo of fat to add in a week xx then 2 weeks of ballistic skiing

over a year ago

l haven't trained in so long so l want to get back into it for the new year.

over a year ago

" then 2 weeks of ballistic skiing "

Is that something to do with the Russian border?

By *essThePirateWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"I've gone off the rails and keep eating how the hell do I stop it !!! "

Don't punish yourself. Plan a bacon sandwich breakfast then get out of the house...walk, movie, gym.. have whatever you like for lunch but in my view should be meat protein and several large teas to hand, chips etc fine but . Don't eat yo feel full, stuffed ...read a newspaper towards the end....don't web surf... have a good meal so you don't need to snack..

Mixed nuts of you need a snack...just get out!! Occupy your mind...

By *essThePirateWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Same this time last year I was getting to 19stone, now 15.11 so really happy, just started my swimming to get fit again! (But mother nature gets in the way) but managed to beat my amount of lengths, from 26-50 in an hour, (however I can't use my legs did to my knee used to dislocate fixed but still weak, so can't use my left leg, but now managing to kick during swimming) so hoping to build up on doing it on a faster time!

also never been under 15stone,since I was 15 years old so really pleased but still classed as mobordly obese so started at my local gym, an i used to hate to walking, an now I'm ok with walking, I'm doing much better, but glad I've lost weight, but my back don't feel any better! "

Well done! What an achievement.

In theory, sorry if you feel it does not apply to you, but we lick from our ankles not our knees. So if you can stabilise your knee with a support that splints your knee that should isolate it.

Maybe get some flowers and try the odd length legs only. Very slowly so you can concentrate on your weaker bit

By *workoutMan
over a year ago

Cradley Heath

Wrote a huge post on how inspirational this thread is. Deleted it before posting as I knew it looked a bit white knightish.

In summary, well done, keep it up, be happy.

over a year ago

also never been under 15stone,since I was 15 years old so really pleased but still classed as mobordly obese so started at my local gym, an i used to hate to walking, an now I'm ok with walking, I'm doing much better, but glad I've lost weight, but my back don't feel any better!

In theory, sorry if you feel it does not apply to you, but we lick from our ankles not our knees. So if you can stabilise your knee with a support that splints your knee that should isolate it.

Maybe get some flowers and try the odd length legs only. Very slowly so you can concentrate on your weaker bit"

not sure which but I mean with flowers? But I do try an kick with right leg, it's really small steps atm!

By *essThePirateWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

Maybe get some flowers and try the odd length legs only. Very slowly so you can concentrate on your weaker bit

not sure which but I mean with flowers? But I do try an kick with right leg, it's really small steps atm!"

Oh Christ...predictive in my phone..either it or me needs a drink...I like licking from knees idea...who could fault...maybe I meant kick.

Definitely get some flowers...but floats for pool so for your arms so isolating legs to focus

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 11/12/16 03:16:03]

over a year ago

not sure which but I mean with flowers? But I do try an kick with right leg, it's really small steps atm!

Oh Christ...predictive in my phone..either it or me needs a drink...I like licking from knees idea...who could fault...maybe I meant kick.

Definitely get some flowers...but floats for pool so for your arms so isolating legs to focus

"

I think drink lol as I can't but u need to be healthy lol so no drink an not sure flowers wood work opps ment floats, as my legs lock together real hard to explain but thank u, shame ur not closer u could help me!?

By *-angel-XWoman
over a year ago

hell

"I've gone off the rails and keep eating how the hell do I stop it !!!

Don't punish yourself. Plan a bacon sandwich breakfast then get out of the house...walk, movie, gym.. have whatever you like for lunch but in my view should be meat protein and several large teas to hand, chips etc fine but . Don't eat yo feel full, stuffed ...read a newspaper towards the end....don't web surf... have a good meal so you don't need to snack..

Mixed nuts of you need a snack...just get out!! Occupy your mind..."

I follow sw , yes I think I'm bored .

By *exatooCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth/ Fuerteventura

"

(Mrs)

I was the same until I started lifting weights, I got myself a weighted bag 25kg heavy and started using that, after a month I can now manage 20 push-ups no without much effort. Love how its defined my back and arms

over a year ago

(Mrs)

I was the same until I started lifting weights, I got myself a weighted bag 25kg heavy and started using that, after a month I can now manage 20 push-ups no without much effort. Love how its defined my back and arms "

I started weight training just before I got ill. It's great, right!? Although the pain of not being able to walk or move your arms the next day!!

over a year ago

I've been injured a LOT this year, so my aim, for 2017, is to let my hand fully heal and get climbing again!

I may need to find some other form of exercise in the meantime, as I have a very sweet tooth and I'm starting to put the pounds on...

over a year ago

Finally managed to get free from a very abusive relationship??

Now lost almost 5 stone, started living again and getting my life back together..

Been on a journey of self discovery and I'm not that bad a person as it turns out. Did an official mensa test and only just missed passing the exam! Still I'm in the top 4% in intelligence... or extremely good at guessing the right answer

over a year ago

(Mrs)

I was the same until I started lifting weights, I got myself a weighted bag 25kg heavy and started using that, after a month I can now manage 20 push-ups no without much effort. Love how its defined my back and arms

I started weight training just before I got ill. It's great, right!? Although the pain of not being able to walk or move your arms the next day!! "

That's the good pain though. That's the 'pat yourself on the back, muscles we kicked arse' pain.

Blissful soreness

over a year ago

Gentle road run today after work. Weight is dropping slightly. Now to just stay on track during the festive period.......

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

How much would a motivational gym person be to sort me a training programme and make sure I stick with it? A personal trainer type.

By *exatooCouple
over a year ago

Bournemouth/ Fuerteventura

"How much would a motivational gym person be to sort me a training programme and make sure I stick with it? A personal trainer type. "

(Mrs)

Our neck of the woods they charge £60 an hour

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"How much would a motivational gym person be to sort me a training programme and make sure I stick with it? A personal trainer type.

(Mrs)

Our neck of the woods they charge £60 an hour"

I want to get fit not have a heart attack!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

Running at least a mile a day this month then next month the training starts proper for the marathon eeeeeekkkkk!

over a year ago

"How much would a motivational gym person be to sort me a training programme and make sure I stick with it? A personal trainer type. "

At my gym the staff do it free as part of your induction/membership. They have PTs too but they supervise your sessions, give nutritional advice etc hence the cost

over a year ago

"Running at least a mile a day this month then next month the training starts proper for the marathon eeeeeekkkkk! "

Good luck

Have you got a proper plan set out?

over a year ago

evesham

"Running at least a mile a day this month then next month the training starts proper for the marathon eeeeeekkkkk!

Good luck

Have you got a proper plan set out?"

have set something up on my asics and got lots of advice from fellow runners at the club....just got to clear the decks and do some proper running!!

over a year ago

"Running at least a mile a day this month then next month the training starts proper for the marathon eeeeeekkkkk!

Good luck

Have you got a proper plan set out?

have set something up on my asics and got lots of advice from fellow runners at the club....just got to clear the decks and do some proper running!!"

Cool - it's a great experience. You'll smash it.

over a year ago

evesham

also have a problem piriformis to sort out as it hurts after a run and presses on my sciatic nerve

over a year ago

"also have a problem piriformis to sort out as it hurts after a run and presses on my sciatic nerve"

Ouch that sounds painful! Is that something a physio can sort?

over a year ago

Cant go in to it but last year and half I have done some serious life changing stuff all for the greater good n future of my kids n outlook n prospects in life ....been hard but hell yes worth it and looking at doing a couple a comps in summer if things go well n no injuries and poss mud run if I ain't up n to bulky at time chaffed thighs ain't good after five miles lol ??

over a year ago

evesham

"also have a problem piriformis to sort out as it hurts after a run and presses on my sciatic nerve

Ouch that sounds painful! Is that something a physio can sort?"

Yeah, am lucky to have sports physios where I work so go down and see them at lunchtime lol

Also need to be a lot more regimented in my stretching routine!

By *essThePirateWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

"How much would a motivational gym person be to sort me a training programme and make sure I stick with it? A personal trainer type.

(Mrs)

Our neck of the woods they charge £60 an hour

I want to get fit not have a heart attack! "

Training as a fitness instructor at the moment...I have found one on one , obviously I mean training, useful at times to focus...oh oh for a snigger

over a year ago

I plan to focus on cutting my bodyfat down a couple of percentage points. This will require more discipline on my eating

By *-angel-XWoman
over a year ago

hell

I lost half a lb this week don't know what I was worried about

over a year ago

I've knocked 4 inches of my waist size and delighted!

Goal for 2017? Stop those 4 inches from jumping back on

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/12/16 13:11:47]

By *-angel-XWoman
over a year ago

hell

Well done I've lost 61cm overall

over a year ago

Lost 2 stone since June and 3 since new year. Was good to go and buy some jeans yesterday that were the same waist size I was 20 years ago and had a bit of slack

over a year ago

Brilliant to see all these stories

over a year ago

"Lost 2 stone since June and 3 since new year. Was good to go and buy some jeans yesterday that were the same waist size I was 20 years ago and had a bit of slack "

That was the bit keeping me going. I've not worn a waist size this small since I went to uni and I've thrown out some trousers recently that are 8 inches bigger than I am now. Numbers on a scale are great but I find the clothes change more tangible

over a year ago

"Lost 2 stone since June and 3 since new year. Was good to go and buy some jeans yesterday that were the same waist size I was 20 years ago and had a bit of slack

That was the bit keeping me going. I've not worn a waist size this small since I went to uni and I've thrown out some trousers recently that are 8 inches bigger than I am now. Numbers on a scale are great but I find the clothes change more tangible "

I agree

over a year ago

Give up smoking and do the fan dance.

No, not dance naked whilst holding a fan made of large feathers but climb pen y fan in Wales, carrying a bergen with 35lbs in a set time.... For a military charity.

Mr

over a year ago

Time to get on it or business as usual?

No time like the present to make positive changes - but remember to have fun as well.

over a year ago

This is still the plan for 2017. Faced the scales this morning and it wasn't quite as bad as I expected. At least I still weigh less than last January and considerably less than the January before. I'm also sick of food so don't think I'll have too much difficulty shifting the first stone this year. Target for the year is 3 stone off, which would leave me still overweight but anything more than that feels too scary a number.

over a year ago

"Time to get on it or business as usual?

No time like the present to make positive changes - but remember to have fun as well.

"

I'm in sloth mode today, nursing a cold & a hangover ~ on the plus side I don't feel like drinking or eating crap food

I've got my Xmas Fitbit on so I'm going to wrap up and go for a walk, see what it takes to achieve the 10,000 daily steps.

Aiming to replace going out & drinking with going to the gym so I'm checking through the classes available for this week.

over a year ago

I have gained 5.6lbs over the holiday season. It was worth it

I guess I'll have to stop eating the chocolate and everything now that the holidays are over and I no longer have an excuse

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Stepped on the scales this morning, first time since I retired on 18 November. I've put on 9kg

Time to get back on track. I have a gym in my house...better start making use of it.

over a year ago

I'm going to get on the scales later. Eeeek...

over a year ago

Going to hit the scales later. I'm under the weight I want to be so sensible gaining is the aim.

Held a plank for 1 minute today. I know my core is ridiculously weak so I'm aiming for 5 minutes by the end of the year

over a year ago

I don't know what I've put on. My scales change my weight every time I get on them. I can gain and lose a couple of pounds in the same day.

over a year ago

"Going to hit the scales later. I'm under the weight I want to be so sensible gaining is the aim.

Held a plank for 1 minute today. I know my core is ridiculously weak so I'm aiming for 5 minutes by the end of the year "

I held a wooden spoon for a few minutes today. Every little helps

over a year ago

"Going to hit the scales later. I'm under the weight I want to be so sensible gaining is the aim.

Held a plank for 1 minute today. I know my core is ridiculously weak so I'm aiming for 5 minutes by the end of the year

I held a wooden spoon for a few minutes today. Every little helps "

Always one

over a year ago

"Time to get on it or business as usual?

I'm in sloth mode today, nursing a cold & a hangover ~ on the plus side I don't feel like drinking or eating crap food

I've got my Xmas Fitbit on so I'm going to wrap up and go for a walk, see what it takes to achieve the 10,000 daily steps.

Aiming to replace going out & drinking with going to the gym so I'm checking through the classes available for this week."

Go for it... 10,000 steps tend to take around an hour to an hour and a half for most people. Good luck.

over a year ago

I plan to lose another stone this year.

Lost 2 and a half stone last year then plateaued.

And eat more vegetables!

over a year ago

"I plan to lose another stone this year.

Lost 2 and a half stone last year then plateaued.

And eat more vegetables! "

Good work last year. Some willpower and effort and you'll smash it

over a year ago

To be able to do a one armed pullup..a good strict one from a dead hang...and hold an l sit for 1 minute

over a year ago

"To be able to do a one armed pullup..a good strict one from a dead hang...and hold an l sit for 1 minute "

Studly!

over a year ago

I have just uploaded a progress pic

Post new Message to Thread