Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

THE END OF AN ERA!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

We just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who as supported us over the past 2 years at both the Barnsley and Cannock socials, we have a great time organising the socials and met many great friends along the way.

Although we wont be organising the socials any longer as we decided a few months ago we where coming out of pubs altogether (dont believe everything you read in the papers ) we will still be around and will have more time to attend other socials, so you dont get rid of us that easily

Once again thank you to everyone who as attended our socials over the past two years, and to our close friends who have helped with the organising, and a special thank you to our one and only kitchen slut, you know who you are

love (randy ) kev and kat x x x x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

good luck for the future...xx

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Don't want to get all soppy, but just to say it's a pleasure to know you two. Gonna miss your socials, but hings change and you have to do whats best for the two of you.

Good luck with your future plans and hopefully see you see

Hugs to you both

Yvonne aka ....... ....

over a year ago

"Don't want to get all soppy, but just to say it's a pleasure to know you two. Gonna miss your socials, but hings change and you have to do whats best for the two of you.

Good luck with your future plans and hopefully see you see

Hugs to you both

Yvonne aka ....... ...."

Hey KS,

You will see still us often...when you come around and cook for us again lol.

love ye loads x x x

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Saturday was my first at yours. It was a lovely send-off. Thanks to you two and KS for all the work. x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

yours was the first social i ever attended (think it was an easter one in Barnsley) and it was fab!!

good luck for the future, bet it will be nice to attend socials and relax rather than organise them all the time

p.s. love the new name hehehe

over a year ago

I attended 3 socials and had a great time at all 3. Met some lovely folks in the process too.

Thanks kat and kev for being brilliant hosts, your socials will be missed greatly.

Good luck with whatever you do in the future

xxx

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

Did you really have a no knicker rule?

*Her*

over a year ago

Be nice to attend a social without having to take my knickers off at the door.

over a year ago

"Did you really have a no knicker rule?

*Her*"

it was more of a standing joke than a rule lol lol

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

"Did you really have a no knicker rule?

*Her*it was more of a standing joke than a rule lol lol "

Now you bloody tell me you old sod (54 ya know)

over a year ago

evesham

"Be nice to attend a social without having to take my knickers off at the door. "

you love it when kev coes round to check and you know it

over a year ago

"Be nice to attend a social without having to take my knickers off at the door. "

we always let you keep yours on they suited you sooooooo much

over a year ago

evesham

"Be nice to attend a social without having to take my knickers off at the door.

"

hahaha were you too scared to check???

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

Reminder to me for Tomorrow!!!

"Must go to my Optician for a sight test!"

I thought the Post Title read:

'The end of a Bra'

over a year ago

thank you it was my first social and i loved it, i wish i had been able to attend more. Id like to thank everyone there for making me feel so welome xxx

By *havenangel1Couple
over a year ago

Worcester

We had a great time as always we will look forward to seeing around and about.

You'll have more time for you now good luck with your future plans and hope we'll see you at the BBW.

All our love Kirsty and Sean xx

By *attnvettCouple
over a year ago

wakefield/ pontefract

we will miss your socials so glad we made it to this one and so chuffed we got to be your bar bitch and bar whore for a while lol.

Whats matt gonna do now need to find somewhere else he can go where there so much choice of boobage for him to fondle and lots of people to flirt wi. looks like we need to start going to clubs again lol xx

over a year ago

"Be nice to attend a social without having to take my knickers off at the door.

"

For some reason dint find it necessary to remove mine lol.

All the best for the future you two n hope to see you soon. xxx

over a year ago

We made it to one and had a brill night.

Thank you guys

Looking forward to seeing you both soon xxx

over a year ago

I did not make it to the last one, however, I thoroughly enjoyed the ones that I attended.

Good luck with the future.

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"I did not make it to the last one, however, I thoroughly enjoyed the ones that I attended.

Good luck with the future. "

and ditto from me.

And PS I always had my knickers on

over a year ago

"

And PS I always had my knickers on "

Same here.

over a year ago

And I for one had my knickers on for at least some part of the night.

Its been great attending Kat n Kevs socials I have made some great friends and met some brill people.

The kitchen slut earned her overnight stay with all the work she put in. I nearly exherted myself also, I folded the raffle tickets dont forget.

Good luck Kat n Kev, unfortunately I will stay in touch so you wont be able to get away from me

over a year ago

Best of luck guys...

Sorry I couldnt make more of your fabulous socials...

Well done Celebs...

over a year ago

"And I for one had my knickers on for at least some part of the night.

Its been great attending Kat n Kevs socials I have made some great friends and met some brill people.

The kitchen slut earned her overnight stay with all the work she put in. I nearly exherted myself also, I folded the raffle tickets dont forget.

Good luck Kat n Kev, unfortunately I will stay in touch so you wont be able to get away from me "

you still got your pvt invitation xx

By *iddytoxcplCouple
over a year ago

Stoke/Uttoxeter

The era may have ended, but the legacy will live forever......

over a year ago

All the best the both of you

You two are among the maddest baddest peeps i know

And im honoured ta know ya both as friends

Yes end of an era and i fa one will miss the socials

But one door closes and all that

Good luck fa the future and remember dont let the bastards grind ya down

See ya both soon

Craig xx

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"We just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who as supported us over the past 2 years at both the Barnsley and Cannock socials, we have a great time organising the socials and met many great friends along the way.

Although we wont be organising the socials any longer as we decided a few months ago we where coming out of pubs altogether (dont believe everything you read in the papers ) we will still be around and will have more time to attend other socials, so you dont get rid of us that easily

Once again thank you to everyone who as attended our socials over the past two years, and to our close friends who have helped with the organising, and a special thank you to our one and only kitchen slut, you know who you are

love (randy ) kev and kat x x x x "

I read the newspaper story and thought it was seriously shit. Good luck...

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Hope the fact you are attending more means our paths will cross again.

Good luck for your future xxxxxxx

over a year ago

The Fisking of Adam Aspinall (a journalist so insignificant he doesn’t even get a mention in the Sunday Mercury’s online directory of journalists)

Para 1 – scene setting – just the usual stuff, written as if from a textbook of bad journalism.

Para 2 – here we go guys – “But by night the Grade II listed boozer, just a stone’s throw from two primary schools,”

OK Adam, first of all, were you never taught not to start a sentence with ‘but’? What exactly is the relevance of the two primary schools? Who does throw stones at primary schools? Could it be you’re trying to whip up some prejudice here by linking events that take place when the schools are closed, (‘at night’) to a risk to children? Incidentally, this helpful Google Map shows that a stone thrown from the Crystal Fountain, to reach St Marys Primary School, would have to clear 14 houses and cross two streets. If you can throw a stone that far Mr Aspinall you should be in the Olympics, which might suit you better than journalism.

Para 3 – ‘secret events’ – how are they secret if they’re advertised and re_iewed on swingers websites?

Para 4 – ‘the brewery’ – You tell us in para 3 Mr Aspinall that the pub is owned by Enterprise Inns – they are not a brewery. They’re a property company, the result of the same economic dogma in the 1990s that gave us the most expensive rail system in Europe. They’re doing so well that 82% of their landlords need a discount on the cost of the beer Enterprise buys in from breweries and sell on to them. I know these seem like mere details to you Adam, but you can see why I think you’re not fit to be a journalist. These facts might give you an idea as to why landlords diversify into special events as well Adam.

Para 5 – interesting the way you paraphrase here, and the way you seek to make mountains out of molehills. If you think a no knickers policy is a little risque, I hope you avoid Carnage events if they ever come to a town near you.

Para 6 – enter Cllr Morgan with his wonderful impersonation of Al Murray as the pub landlord. (Here’s a clue Cllr Morgan – Murray does satire, not political commentary.) Did you not think to ask Cllr Morgan if maybe he’s fallen out with the landlords? He does, after all, live just round the corner – barely a stone’s throw away in Adam Aspinall language. How is it that a hard-working well informed local councillor with his ear to the ground had to find out about all this from his local paper? Unless of course he’s not hard-working and not well informed, which would be a different story entirely.

Oh, and sexy shenanigans? That’s just bad writing Adam. Seriously bad writing.

Para 9 – “The Sunday Mercury discovered the couple advertising their sex ‘socials’ on seedy swinging websites.” Now, here’s where the public interest issue gets interesting. If Mindless Morgan, the local councillor, had kicked up a stink about the events at his local pub, you’d have a public interest story. The Mercury though, says it discovered the couple advertising their events on seedy websites. So there was no public interest until the Mercury created it by going looking for a story on a swingers website. Assuming of course that that is what happened, and that Adam Aspinall wasn’t actually looking for some wank fodder when he discovered a story that could give him a front page splash rather than a splash on a tissue.

Once you’ve got that image out of your head I’ll repeat that point again. According to the Mercury there was no public interest in the story until they created it, sexing the story up along the way by dragging kids and schools into the second paragraph via a piece of metaphorical stone throwing that would get Adam Aspinall into the all Palestine ‘lobbing a rock at the Israeli tanks’ elite squad.

Paras 10-13 are mere filler, although they do demonstrate that the people attending the parties are satisfied customers.

Page 2 continues in the same vein. People appear to have liked the parties at the Crystal Fountain. Great news.

Now comes the wonderful moment every journo likes to write.

Paragraph 18 – our journalist goes undercover. Now, you might wonder, why exactly does the journo need to go undercover? He’s got loads of quotes from websites, along with the pic he’s lifted to get some tits on the first page, so why does he need to lie to the pub landlord to bolster his story?

Answer? He doesn’t. It’s about his ego and sexing up the story, not the facts. The story doesn’t stand up otherwise. So we get a few quotes courtesy of the journo’s entirely reliable memory. There’s also a wonderful, and startlingly irrelevant reference to the local Asda just down the road. Proximity to a place of worship used to be a mainstay of these sorts of stories – presumably at the Sunday Mercury the new god is Walmart.

The rest of the story, or the missing parts of the story, sit in the last three paragraphs.

Enterprise Inns say they had a complaint from a member of the public, but the Mercury say they got the story from a swingers website they happened to be perusing. We think it’s more likely that Enterprise got the story when Adam Aspinall phoned up for a quote and that, besides Mindless Morgan, the local councillor, no-one else could be found to give a quote to shore up a feeble story badly told. The story closes, appropriately, with a mind-blowing piece of logic from Cllr Morgan that it’s OK to do these things behind closed doors in a swingers club, but not behind closed doors in a family pub. Well done Cllr Morgan, it’s thinking like that that makes you worth £5000 a year.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Here endeth the first lesson

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 26/05/11 00:56:22]

Post new Message to Thread