Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Lewis' last chance.

Jump to newest

By *mokes n Mirrors OP   Couple
over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

Not long now until the last race of the season and as much as we want a certain young Brit to win, we're resigned to the fact that unless someone takes Rosberg out at the first corner it's going to be an unhappy afternoon in our house later. Just hoping it's not Lewis that does it as that would put him in the same club as the other two most famous cheats of the sport...Senna and Schumacher. Keep it clean Lewis and good luck for the race.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I cant invest too much emotion regards the outcome of an event where the price of a teams chances of winning or losing are biased by a level of monetary influence that dilutes the contribution of the individual competitor.....

But I'll be watching ....

By *mmmMaybeCouple
over a year ago

West Wales

Maybe Rosberg can lose a motor like Hamilton did?

S

over a year ago

I want Jenson to win....

over a year ago

Big shout out to Jenson today too last race

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

"Not long now until the last race of the season and as much as we want a certain young Brit to win, we're resigned to the fact that unless someone takes Rosberg out at the first corner it's going to be an unhappy afternoon in our house later. Just hoping it's not Lewis that does it as that would put him in the same club as the other two most famous cheats of the sport...Senna and Schumacher. Keep it clean Lewis and good luck for the race."

3 cheats. You forgot Alonso. Never forget him not letting Hamilton into the pit a few years ago costing hammy a championship

over a year ago

I'd love Jenson to win too

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/11/16 12:27:22]

over a year ago

"Not long now until the last race of the season and as much as we want a certain young Brit to win, we're resigned to the fact that unless someone takes Rosberg out at the first corner it's going to be an unhappy afternoon in our house later. Just hoping it's not Lewis that does it as that would put him in the same club as the other two most famous cheats of the sport...Senna and Schumacher. Keep it clean Lewis and good luck for the race.

3 cheats. You forgot Alonso. Never forget him not letting Hamilton into the pit a few years ago costing hammy a championship "

I didn't mention him as we think that incident was an aberration and that cheating isn't ingrained in his psyche. Unlike the other two where it was a win at any cost mentality.

over a year ago

Goodbye to a great ambassador to the sport and brilliant racer and a true gentleman Jensen he has brought great excitement to F1 over the years.

Mechanical failure to far for Lewis I'm afraid

By *limandtrim300Couple
over a year ago

Ely

"Big shout out to Jenson today too last race "

don't forget Massa too

over a year ago

"Big shout out to Jenson today too last race

don't forget Massa too "

yeah Massa too

By *limandtrim300Couple
over a year ago

Ely

"Goodbye to a great ambassador to the sport and brilliant racer and a true gentleman Jensen he has brought great excitement to F1 over the years.

Mechanical failure to far for Lewis I'm afraid"

what will be will be and whatever the outcome Lewis is a still a champion

over a year ago

Oh yes Massa is a great guy too

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

wanting to see how conservatively nico plays it.... do he just try and stay just behind lewis.... if a charging red bull or ferrari and there is no danger, will he just let them pass

over a year ago

Some legends bowing out of the sport today.

over a year ago

Well that's it job done....fade out until that last lap

over a year ago

No verstappen after that start so cant see anything more than a Rosberg championship

over a year ago

Button out mechanical failure...

over a year ago

"Button out mechanical failure...

"

can he not just switch it off then back on again

over a year ago

"Button out mechanical failure...

can he not just switch it off then back on again "

Mechanical! Not electronics

over a year ago

Shows how rubbish Mclaren have become. Poor JB

over a year ago

The rumour is Button, Webb and Coulthard as being lined up to host Top-Gear next year,,,,

Actually I just made that up....

over a year ago

Nothing wrong with that line up for TG. Just add Guy Martin for the bikers and that'll be perfect

By *elvet RopeMan
over a year ago

by the big field

i hope they replace Couthard with Button as presener DC was a fairly dull driver, he's not much better as a presenter

By *rightonfranceMan
over a year ago

brighton - chalais france

Not looking good for Lewis. . Needs to back them up a bit

By *hekaiserMan
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Goodbye to a great ambassador to the sport and brilliant racer and a true gentleman Jensen he has brought great excitement to F1 over the years.

Mechanical failure to far for Lewis I'm afraid"

Here, here...

over a year ago

"i hope they replace Couthard with Button as presener DC was a fairly dull driver, he's not much better as a presenter

"

Coultard not presenting next year, unless he goes to Sky........ F1 exclusive to PPV from 2017

over a year ago

It will go down to the wire and a close finish of who will win. I reckon hamilton will win it.

over a year ago

Go-on there Lewis..... you tell Mercedes to fuck off...

Cheeky twats .....

over a year ago

It was a good race and rosberg is the world champion, he did a good spin

with the wheels there as he won it.

2 hamilton

3 vettel

By *ichaelangelaCouple
over a year ago

notts

Bummer

over a year ago

Great result Nico. Twice as nice that it'll upset that dummy spitting twat Hamilton

over a year ago

Lewis hasnt congratulated Nicco which is very childish !!! Unless i missed it !

over a year ago

"Great result Nico. Twice as nice that it'll upset that dummy spitting twat Hamilton "

over a year ago

"Lewis hasnt congratulated Nicco which is very childish !!! Unless i missed it !"

Hamilton being petulant? Never. Not in his character!

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

"Great result Nico. Twice as nice that it'll upset that dummy spitting twat Hamilton

"

over a year ago

Lewis is acting like a big baby....

over a year ago

Hamilton is a Cnut.

Bad sportsman, how rude, poor looser

over a year ago

Ah he has just congratulated him ... twice lol

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i don't think there is anything wrong with what hamilton did during the race.... I have much more of an issue with mercedes trying to play the team orders card and telling lewis to speed up when it should have just been a battle of the drivers.....

By *atcoupleCouple
over a year ago

Suffolk - East Anglia

Never mind Rosberg, his wife is georgous.

over a year ago

Result I wanted to see

over a year ago

"Lewis hasnt congratulated Nicco which is very childish !!! Unless i missed it !"

You did miss it. He gave him a hug at the parc ferme and just shook his hand twice.

over a year ago

"i don't think there is anything wrong with what hamilton did during the race.... I have much more of an issue with mercedes trying to play the team orders card and telling lewis to speed up when it should have just been a battle of the drivers....."

agreed. Miss T x

over a year ago

It's a game........... Hamilton played the game, it's what he had to do to get rosberg back to 4th....... rosberg would have done the same had the rolls be reversed.......

I'm not a hammer fan......... verstappen next year!!!!

over a year ago

"Never mind Rosberg, his wife is georgous. "

Totally agree there.

She could happily stroke my gear stick x

By *limandtrim300Couple
over a year ago

Ely

"i don't think there is anything wrong with what hamilton did during the race.... I have much more of an issue with mercedes trying to play the team orders card and telling lewis to speed up when it should have just been a battle of the drivers....."

here here

over a year ago

You did miss it...He gave him a hug while they were still by the cars.

over a year ago

Gutted for Lewis...The best driver won the race but the most reliable car won the title.

By *limandtrim300Couple
over a year ago

Ely

"Gutted for Lewis...The best driver won the race but the most reliable car won the title."

exactly most definately agree

over a year ago

"Gutted for Lewis...The best driver won the race but the most reliable car won the title.

exactly most definately agree"

Don't agree with the slating they've just given him but was great interview with a 'merry' Jensen.

over a year ago

Can't believe that Lewis done everything he possibly could back his team mate up into the so called classing pack and not one single fucker was in a position to capitalise.

Just when you need the likes of both Ferraris and both RedBulls to be on their A game, at least put Nico under some sort of pressure, they all fuck up.

Lewis couldn't have done much more.

More wins, more poles, more laps led than his rival but still missed out due to reliability issues. That really sucks.

2 DNFs compared to Nicos 1

65 qualifying grid penalties spanning 4 races, compared to Nicos 5 place grid penaty imposed on just the single race.

Lewis has been beaten over the stick all year and still he had the drive to take it to the last race.

Some people dislike Lewis, hate him even due to personality. Well the likely hood is he's never going to invite you to his crib for a meal so personality has nothing to do with it.

He is a bloody awesome and exciting race driver and that's why I support him.

Gutted he lost out today

By *limandtrim300Couple
over a year ago

Ely

"Can't believe that Lewis done everything he possibly could back his team mate up into the so called classing pack and not one single fucker was in a position to capitalise.

Just when you need the likes of both Ferraris and both RedBulls to be on their A game, at least put Nico under some sort of pressure, they all fuck up.

More wins, more poles, more laps led than his rival but still missed out due to reliability issues. That really sucks.

65 qualifying grid penalties spanning 4 races, compared to Nicos 5 place grid penaty imposed on just the single race.

Lewis has been beaten over the stick all year and still he had the drive to take it to the last race.

Some people dislike Lewis, hate him even due to personality. Well the likely hood is he's never going to invite you to his crib for a meal so personality has nothing to do with it.

Gutted he lost out today "

wow couldn't have said it any better myself he a true champion even if he doesn't hold the title any more

By *usie pTV/TS
over a year ago

taunton

Great result the gentleman and sportsman came good for once well done nico.

over a year ago

"Great result the gentleman and sportsman came good for once well done nico."

How do work that one out? Sportsman in what way?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Nico deliberately crash in Monaco to prevent Lewis getting pole last year. Al so crashed into him in Bahrain 2015, Spa 2015 and Austria 2016. How is that sportsman like behaviour. That's Bullshit my friend. Sportsman my fucking arse

over a year ago

"Can't believe that Lewis done everything he possibly could back his team mate up into the so called classing pack and not one single fucker was in a position to capitalise.

Gutted he lost out today "

The reason people don't like him is that he has no class.

over a year ago

Gutted he lost out today

The reason people don't like him is that he has no class. "

And you obviously know that because you have clearly either worked with him, done a charity event with him, or hanged out with him, right?

What a load of tosh

over a year ago

Thought it was a great race right til the end and Hamilton was unlucky..

Glad he didnt roll over and let him pass when instructed too.. i liked his fighting spirit

Post new Message to Thread