Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

the peoples history of pop

Jump to newest

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

if you get the chance... watch this fab series on the bbc iplayer....

they have just done 86-96 tonight on bbc4.... i think they hit my sweet spot for music when i was young.... and even mentioned the clubs i use to go to when i was ahem.. not quite old enough... (the limelight and bagleys warehouse for the really cool london kids!!!)

it is fantasic...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

It was rather jolly ,in the eighties I was very much a rock fan and then came along Massive Attack

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

That period was a musical void for me OP...

Child care...but I did get early 70's to late 80's so did pretty well

By *istressZoeTV/TS
over a year ago

cheshire

"if you get the chance... watch this fab series on the bbc iplayer....

they have just done 86-96 tonight on bbc4.... i think they hit my sweet spot for music when i was young.... and even mentioned the clubs i use to go to when i was ahem.. not quite old enough... (the limelight and bagleys warehouse for the really cool london kids!!!)

Il look out for it x

it is fantasic... "

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Got to be the 80s for me

i love Spandau Ballet and Aha's take on me

By *anes HubbyCouple
over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

It was the Cats Whiskers club in Streatham for me, and the orignal Biba's in Bromley.....

By *abio OP   Man
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

just remembering all the old clubs i use to go to....

bagleys, the limelight, the borderline.... and if you went "south of the river" people would always ask you where the ministry of sound was because you could never find the bloody place on visit 1!!!! lol

i was ya standard pop fan till i think the prodigy came along.... then branched out into everything but landed with blur/oasis and the madchester scene and stayed... lol

it was great to see how people were influenced....and me thinking "well the music wasn't that bad after all"...

By *anes HubbyCouple
over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

I was caught up in the whole Motown/Soul thing, once I heard 'Songs In the key of life'. By Stevland I was hooked....everything I earned went on records.

Then I discovered Aretha, and Donny Hathaway and that was it for me.....Brit music never did get me excited after that.

Post new Message to Thread