Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Worst experience so far

Jump to newest

By *agicfingers86 OP   Man
over a year ago

Gold Coast

So I've just come in from a club in Australia and though I would share a 'discussion'/assault that I over heard.

So there was this muslim girl (wearing a head scarf) at the club, playing pool and hanging out with her mates. Whilst sitting down and minding her own business this woman gets up and starts aggressively quizzing her out of no where, without even a hello. "So, are you a muslim?", "why did you come hear dressed like that?", "you can't be a real muslim coming here!", "what are you doing here!?", "I'm going to take a picture and share it on the internet", "you are disgusting". It was so cringe worthy to watch and took alot for me not say something, it literally came from no where.

The only response I heard from the young lady was that she had a husband and she was just here to watch.

I don't really know what to say about this apart from I hope I never experience such behaviour ever again.I just can't believe the immediate hate caused by someone dressing a certain way or having particular religion, especially when they are in the same club as you.

I would hope this would never happen in my home country and I hope the woman who spouted that shit tonight feels like a proper cunt tomorrow, but I doubt she will.

Anyway. I hope everyone has a good weekend and we remember to treat each other with love and respect always.

Happy swinging! No matter what your age, sex, race, orientation, religion, etc etc.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *he devil wears pradaWoman
over a year ago

gosport ish

Why did you not say anything if it was that cringeworthy op? Surely that would have been the decent thing to do

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

I'd have said something I couldn't have let that go on.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

[Removed by poster at 25/11/16 17:42:48]

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'm really unsure as to why, if you feel as strongly as your OP signifies you did, you failed to act then but instead report it back. You say it 'took alot to not say anything' but you're able to post here with a slightly patronising message once out of it. If I witness such treatment going on, I don't create a thread to tell others what to do, I help the person out that needs it.

over a year ago

Gold Coast

I am in a foreign country and she was with friends. The partner of the offender eventually dragged her off. I apologise for not stepping in but it was literally over in the space of 2 minutes.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You hope you never experience it again??? What exactly did you experience? Seems to me it was the poor girl who experienced it while nobody stepped in to support her

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think what is equally shocking is that nobody stepped in to help her

I would have.

Nita

By *alandNitaCouple
over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"I am in a foreign country and she was with friends. The partner of the offender eventually dragged her off. I apologise for not stepping in but it was literally over in the space of 2 minutes."

Two minutes is an awfully long time when at the receiving end of something like that.

Nita

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I am in a foreign country and she was with friends. The partner of the offender eventually dragged her off. I apologise for not stepping in but it was literally over in the space of 2 minutes."

If you were in a country where you couldn't understand the language, maybe. Australia? They sound a tad odd but it's understandable.

By *nterracial2Couple
over a year ago

Ribble Valley

As Rants & Bants once said, "silence defends the ignorant", please speak up.

For those of you who don't know he's a ghetto social commentator, pretty funny, look him up.

over a year ago

It's been said that the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.I understand some people don't like confrontation.Next time call that shit out for what it is.

over a year ago

By not saying anything you are complicit in the woman's actions. You could have challenged her. You could have defended the muslim woman. You chose not to.

All it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to do nothing

over a year ago

Gold Coast

Plenty of people could have said something.

She was with friends.

The couples other half was there.

They have staff.

I am still a foreigner/outsider and a guest in this country and I was mearly commenting on a crap thing I witnessed (experience may have been the wrong word)this evening.

Both parties went their separate ways. I later saw the girl enjoying the views of the bondage and orgy rooms, so I guess she must have been happy enough to stick around.

No more comments from me now.

Peace out

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"Plenty of people could have said something.

She was with friends.

They have staff.

I am still a foreigner/outsider and a guest in this country and I was mearly commenting on a crap thing I witnessed (experience may have been the wrong word)this evening.

Both parties went their separate ways. I later saw the girl enjoying the views of the bondage and orgy rooms, so I guess she must have been happy enough to stick around.

Peace out"

And that is exactly the attitude which causes the problem. 'Someone else will deal with it'. Then they don't.

over a year ago

I don't think it's fair to accuse the OP. None of us know what we'd have done in that setting. Hindsight is always very cheap and we all look back on situations and think how we might have acted or reacted differently. But her basic message is on target! Be kind! Peace! Love! Swinging!

By *trawberry-popWoman
over a year ago

South East Midlands NOT

"I don't think it's fair to accuse the OP. None of us know what we'd have done in that setting. Hindsight is always very cheap and we all look back on situations and think how we might have acted or reacted differently. But her basic message is on target! Be kind! Peace! Love! Swinging! "

I know exactly what I'd have done in the situation!

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"I don't think it's fair to accuse the OP. None of us know what we'd have done in that setting. Hindsight is always very cheap and we all look back on situations and think how we might have acted or reacted differently. But her basic message is on target! Be kind! Peace! Love! Swinging! "

I do. And have done many times before. I don't see why we should heap fall praise on a rather sad story because the message at the end is nice.

over a year ago

Easy to talk about how perfectly you'd behave from the comfort of a keyboard.

I don't believe anybody can truthfully say they haven't looked back on a situation and wished they'd taken a stronger stand.

No doubt we'll see more and more of these sorts of situations. Let's hope people are as able to talk the talk when it matters as they claim...

over a year ago

I've heard similar views expressed on this site tbh. Not just about Muslims, but they're more visible than other religions because of the clothing traditions.

Easy to say what you "would have done" with hindsight. I couldn't put my hand on my heart and say I wouldn't have just watched aghast like the OP did.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

"Easy to talk about how perfectly you'd behave from the comfort of a keyboard.

I don't believe anybody can truthfully say they haven't looked back on a situation and wished they'd taken a stronger stand.

No doubt we'll see more and more of these sorts of situations. Let's hope people are as able to talk the talk when it matters as they claim..."

I do when racism and sexism is concerned as I've been on the receiving end of both and had no help from bystanders and I would hate for another to feel how I have done. I might not have reacted 'perfectly' as my aggression flares up but I would have reacted.

over a year ago

"Plenty of people could have said something.

She was with friends.

They have staff.

Peace out"

Not go how you planned op

By *erbyDalesCplCouple
over a year ago

Derbyshire

"I don't really know what to say about this apart from I hope I never experience such behaviour ever again."

I do.

While ever everyone just sits quietly as these bigots rant away it WILL keep happening. And it will keep getting worse. I hope next time you will feel able to say something to the abuser, the abused or at least the club. (who tend to give more weight to independent witnesses)

Regardless of how terrible you feel your experience has been, take a moment to consider how much worse it must have been for the young lady concerned, so that next time you are better prepared.

Mr ddc

over a year ago

No doubt we'll see more and more of these sorts of situations. Let's hope people are as able to talk the talk when it matters as they claim..."

By *asokittyWoman
over a year ago

Nr Worksop

"Why did you not say anything if it was that cringeworthy op? Surely that would have been the decent thing to do "

over a year ago

No doubt we'll see more and more of these sorts of situations. Let's hope people are as able to talk the talk when it matters as they

claim...

I do when racism and sexism is concerned as I've been on the receiving end of both and had no help from bystanders and I would hate for another to feel how I have done. I might not have reacted 'perfectly' as my aggression flares up but I would have reacted. "

The op isn't to blame and there is nothing to say your reaction would of been any help, possibly it shocked the op into stage fright and left him not able to do something. Every type of situation like this is different and having a go at a bigot isn't always the answer

Post new Message to Thread