Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

British Bulldog

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Sorry to intrude and admin please allow this post! I know it's quite an unconventional site to post such a matter, however I'm sure you can understand posting on this site can reach all areas of the UK very easily. Thank you.

Male British bulldog stolen in ME10 area. Pls everyone everywhere keep eyes/ears open for him. If someone just got one as a gift let me know.

This bulldog needs medical attention due to a resent operation on his leg. His parents and children human siblings, are beside themselves with worry and sadness.

Please help bring him home.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *oddyWoman
over a year ago

between havant and chichester

Have you a pic of him then i can put on bookface

over a year ago

"Have you a pic of him then i can put on bookface "

It's been shared over Facebook but yes anymore help is greatly appreciated. I do have a pic but can't seem to upload it on this site. I have kik messenger if you do??

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

sorry to hear that dogs myself ebt some sad bastards about hope he gets found

By *entralscotscpl7Couple
over a year ago

Falkirk

Our freinds breed them I think I have seen the post on FB.

Absolute scum that does this.

over a year ago

"sorry to hear that dogs myself ebt some sad bastards about hope he gets found "

Thank you. The dog in question isn't a puppy but I don't know his exact age as of yet. He is red with a white chest and white feet/toes. He could of been stolen to order due to upcoming Xmas. So if someone you know just received one as a early Xmas gift, please let me know. Many many thanks!

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/11/16 10:16:04]

over a year ago

"Our freinds breed them I think I have seen the post on FB.

Absolute scum that does this. "

I know . Dogs aren't just pets. They're family members. My dogs are my kids. I love them just the same. Normal people wouldn't steal a child so why they would steal a child's beloved dog, I just don't know!

over a year ago

"sorry to hear that dogs myself ebt some sad bastards about hope he gets found

Thank you. The dog in question isn't a puppy but I don't know his exact age as of yet. He is red with a white chest and white feet/toes. He could of been stolen to order due to upcoming Xmas. So if someone you know just received one as a early Xmas gift, please let me know. Many many thanks!"

il keep my ears open might be an idea throw a message on pets4homes

over a year ago

"sorry to hear that dogs myself ebt some sad bastards about hope he gets found

Thank you. The dog in question isn't a puppy but I don't know his exact age as of yet. He is red with a white chest and white feet/toes. He could of been stolen to order due to upcoming Xmas. So if someone you know just received one as a early Xmas gift, please let me know. Many many thanks!

il keep my ears open might be an idea throw a message on pets4homes "

They have done so I believe. Many thanks sir.

over a year ago

The power of social media rules! Quite amazing as after a few hours Ted has been found! Such a relief. Thank you to you guys on here who shared. Xx

over a year ago

"The power of social media rules! Quite amazing as after a few hours Ted has been found! Such a relief. Thank you to you guys on here who shared. Xx"

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"The power of social media rules! Quite amazing as after a few hours Ted has been found! Such a relief. Thank you to you guys on here who shared. Xx"

Great news. So was he stolen or just waddled down the road?

over a year ago

So glad he's been found and is safe. I have a bully too, I'd be distraught if anything happened to her

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"So glad he's been found and is safe. I have a bully too, I'd be distraught if anything happened to her "

Have an olde tyme bulldog myself. British bulldog isn't a bully tho. Bull breed but bullies are a breed of their own now

over a year ago

He went dogging.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"He went dogging."

Ha. A lot of british bulldogs can't fuck tho. Has to be lifted into situ and his behind pushed. Take all the fun out of it

over a year ago

Just a thought have you put it on the for sale boards, I know round Crawley they allow stolen pets to be advertised on them.

over a year ago

"So glad he's been found and is safe. I have a bully too, I'd be distraught if anything happened to her

Have an olde tyme bulldog myself. British bulldog isn't a bully tho. Bull breed but bullies are a breed of their own now "

ive got bullys ha English bull spot on mate

over a year ago

British / English bulldog same thing. They are the main bulldog of their breed. I'm registered with the bulldog council and various others. I know how quality these dogs are these days thanks to careful selection during potential breeding. So many are 100% healthy in every way...including my bitch. She's even been DNA tested to ensure she's perfect for breeding to continue on with her 5 generation of championship bulldog bloodline. I'd travel the entire UK to find her a perfect boyfriend. House visits for pups and ensure the male is 100% healthy as well as from a championship bloodline.

Preserving and monitoring this iconic breed which represents the UK, is what's important to myself and other British/English bulldog owners. It's not about the money. It's about our love for this breed and helping them thrive into a healthy life.

Yes the dog is question was found. He was stolen. People just don't realise how much a lot of people class our dogs as family members..not pets! Thank you to those who helped.

over a year ago

"So glad he's been found and is safe. I have a bully too, I'd be distraught if anything happened to her

Have an olde tyme bulldog myself. British bulldog isn't a bully tho. Bull breed but bullies are a breed of their own now "

Bull breed = bully as far as I'm concerned

over a year ago

Have an olde tyme bulldog myself. British bulldog isn't a bully tho. Bull breed but bullies are a breed of their own now

Bull breed = bully as far as I'm concerned "

You're right lovely. People clearly need to research more before even buying certain breeds. It's kind of shocking how many people buy a certain breed of dog and yet know little or nothing about it.

over a year ago

Bull breed = bully as far as I'm concerned "

i can go with that name of affection suppose

over a year ago

You're right lovely. People clearly need to research more before even buying certain breeds. It's kind of shocking how many people buy a certain breed of dog and yet know little or nothing about it. "

Totally agree. I used to work for a bulldog rescue charity and saw far too many dogs who had been bought for their fashion statement rather than a knowledge and love of the breed.

As always, the main thing is this little fella is safe and back where he belongs

over a year ago

You're right lovely. People clearly need to research more before even buying certain breeds. It's kind of shocking how many people buy a certain breed of dog and yet know little or nothing about it.

Totally agree. I used to work for a bulldog rescue charity and saw far too many dogs who had been bought for their fashion statement rather than a knowledge and love of the breed.

As always, the main thing is this little fella is safe and back where he belongs "

Thank you muchly, he is. Happy ending for that family.

Ah the bulldog rescue, I'm a supported and raise funds for them. Great charity. Yes indeed lots of people giving up those dogs due to having little knowledge of the breed. Quite sad really and it's the dog who always suffers.

over a year ago

How was he nicked? Where did you leave him. Or was it out of garden??

over a year ago

"How was he nicked? Where did you leave him. Or was it out of garden?? "

Wasn't my dog. He belongs to someone I know. They stole him while he was walking off the lead on a park. His owner couldn't get to him before they grabbed him. He's back home now thanks to the power of social media.

I personally never ever walk my dog on my home town. Never in local parks and never in my town high St. I vary where I walk my bulldog for reasons like above. I've never even left my dog alone. They have a babysitter for when I'm working or just out.

A lot of thieves out there and they just don't care.

over a year ago

"How was he nicked? Where did you leave him. Or was it out of garden??

Wasn't my dog. He belongs to someone I know. They stole him while he was walking off the lead on a park. His owner couldn't get to him before they grabbed him. He's back home now thanks to the power of social media.

I personally never ever walk my dog on my home town. Never in local parks and never in my town high St. I vary where I walk my bulldog for reasons like above. I've never even left my dog alone. They have a babysitter for when I'm working or just out.

A lot of thieves out there and they just don't care."

Wow. What's the world coming to that we have to take these measures. Terrible.

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

You're right lovely. People clearly need to research more before even buying certain breeds. It's kind of shocking how many people buy a certain breed of dog and yet know little or nothing about it. "

Think you both need to do more research then.

American bullies or bullies are recognised by the ukc for years

British/english bulldogs are an entirely separate breed

over a year ago

British/english bulldogs are an entirely separate breed"

Yes I'm very aware that American bulldogs are a different breed to English bulldogs thank you. I need to do no research at all, my dog is very well cared for and understood.

However, English bulldogs are a bully breed and are very often referred to as such

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Yes I'm very aware that American bulldogs are a different breed to English bulldogs thank you. I need to do no research at all, my dog is very well cared for and understood.

However, English bulldogs are a bully breed and are very often referred to as such "

An american bully and an american bulldog are two different breeds. All bulldogs and bull breeds are referred to as bullies I know but there is a completely separate breed called a bully

over a year ago

However, English bulldogs are a bully breed and are very often referred to as such

An american bully and an american bulldog are two different breeds. All bulldogs and bull breeds are referred to as bullies I know but there is a completely separate breed called a bully"

So what's your point?!? I referred to my English bulldog as a bully and you were quick to jump on me and say I'm incorrect yet you're now agreeing?!?

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

An american bully and an american bulldog are two different breeds. All bulldogs and bull breeds are referred to as bullies I know but there is a completely separate breed called a bully

So what's your point?!? I referred to my English bulldog as a bully and you were quick to jump on me and say I'm incorrect yet you're now agreeing?!?"

I was talking to and quoted the op actually as she corrected me but you chose to reply

Then I tried to educate you

over a year ago

So what's your point?!? I referred to my English bulldog as a bully and you were quick to jump on me and say I'm incorrect yet you're now agreeing?!?

I was talking to and quoted the op actually as she corrected me but you chose to reply

Then I tried to educate you"

Actually you quoted me, not the OP (feel free to check) and have ended up agreeing with me, so not sure what it is you think you've educated me on? You don't even know who you're quoting

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 23/11/16 16:28:35]

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Actually you quoted me, not the OP (feel free to check) and have ended up agreeing with me, so not sure what it is you think you've educated me on? You don't even know who you're quoting "

Actually if you check I quoted op and she quoted you in above post

over a year ago

Oh my god how ridiculous a nice story likes that turns into an argument. Does it really matter what they r

over a year ago

Actually you quoted me, not the OP (feel free to check) and have ended up agreeing with me, so not sure what it is you think you've educated me on? You don't even know who you're quoting

"

And said English bulldogs aren't bullies then said they are....

over a year ago

"Oh my god how ridiculous a nice story likes that turns into an argument. Does it really matter what they r"

Exactly! Which was my point further up but for some reason I'm being 'educated'

This is why I prefer dogs to people

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

And said English bulldogs aren't bullies then said they are....

"

Like I said I was talking to op as she had the haughty attitude about ppl needing to do research when in fact she needs to do research

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"Oh my god how ridiculous a nice story likes that turns into an argument. Does it really matter what they r

This is why I prefer dogs to people "

Because they don't correct you when you're wrong?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Oh my god how ridiculous a nice story likes that turns into an argument. Does it really matter what they r"

Yes, just glad the dog has been returned to his family, bless him!

over a year ago

"Oh my god how ridiculous a nice story likes that turns into an argument. Does it really matter what they r

Yes, just glad the dog has been returned to his family, bless him! "

over a year ago

Then I tried to educate you"

You're totally wrong. There's no such breed as a bully! None! Bully is the nickname for the english/British bulldog. I'm a registered British/ English bulldog Breeder, member of the bulldog council, owner of a 5 generation of championship bulldogs, friends with peoole who are experts with kennel club and friends with a bulldog expert vet!

American bulldogs weren't even a thing until the 60's! Took America even longer to officially recognise them and allow them to be registered with the American kennel club. Old tyme bulldogs was a poor invention to try and "improve" the English bulldogs. They failed! English / British bulldogs are thriving 100% healthy more so these days then ever before. All thanks to dedicated professionals and English bulldog lovers pouring all the effort and resources into ensuring only the healthiest and fittest British bulldogs are bred. These are the bulldogs which represent our great nation. All other are just man made imitations.

Sir, no one is trying to cause an argument here but you. You're ignoring expert advice and facts when yourself needs to read more to learn more. No not having a dig but please don't assume you're 100% correct when you neither own a British/ English bulldog nor work towards keeping their bloodlines healthy!

I'm slightly annoyed that the whole point of this thread has been taken over by your bickering. Not cool!

over a year ago

This is why I prefer dogs to people "

Sweetheart no point trying to put the ignorant to rights with facts. They'll just ignore everything you say. I've got the facts and have professionals to back me up. But I guess that gentleman is right and all the professionals and all the years of research is all wrong .

Many thanks for your best wishes and yes the entire point is the gorgeous bulldog is home where he belongs. Keep a close eye on your dogs. Far too many thieves about stealing to order. X

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

You're totally wrong. There's no such breed as a bully! None! Bully is the nickname for the english/British bulldog. I'm a registered British/ English bulldog Breeder, member of the bulldog council, owner of a 5 generation of championship bulldogs, friends with peoole who are experts with kennel club and friends with a bulldog expert vet!

American bulldogs weren't even a thing until the 60's! Took America even longer to officially recognise them and allow them to be registered with the American kennel club. Old tyme bulldogs was a poor invention to try and "improve" the English bulldogs. They failed! English / British bulldogs are thriving 100% healthy more so these days then ever before. All thanks to dedicated professionals and English bulldog lovers pouring all the effort and resources into ensuring only the healthiest and fittest British bulldogs are bred. These are the bulldogs which represent our great nation. All other are just man made imitations.

Sir, no one is trying to cause an argument here but you. You're ignoring expert advice and facts when yourself needs to read more to learn more. No not having a dig but please don't assume you're 100% correct when you neither own a British/ English bulldog nor work towards keeping their bloodlines healthy!

I'm slightly annoyed that the whole point of this thread has been taken over by your bickering. Not cool! "

Like I said in above post the american bully is a ukc recognised dog breed. Fact

As for the test of your statements about the bulldog breeds they are laughable but I'm not getting into that with you. I only talk dogs to other good dog people and reading your post your not 1 of those

over a year ago

This thread started as a concerned dog owner lookin for dog

kinda got pathetic now to the point i dont even know what the argument is ive read all the threads and to be honest the woman was right bully is a name of endearment i have Ebts never call them that but lots do wether staffordshire bull british bull american bull old tyme bull were getting a pattern here hence the name Bully there one more the bull this thread turned into and

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

"This thread started as a concerned dog owner lookin for dog

kinda got pathetic now to the point i dont even know what the argument is ive read all the threads and to be honest the woman was right bully is a name of endearment i have Ebts never call them that but lots do wether staffordshire bull british bull american bull old tyme bull were getting a pattern here hence the name Bully there one more the bull this thread turned into and "

You do know what the argument is. You've just added your 2 cents worth.

I know bullies is a term of endearment for bull breeds but an american bully is a ukc registered dog breed too

And in my mind registered dog breeds trump terms of endearment anyday

I only posted here asking about the ops dog and I get nothing but attitude and erroneous info

over a year ago

"This thread started as a concerned dog owner lookin for dog

kinda got pathetic now to the point i dont even know what the argument is ive read all the threads and to be honest the woman was right bully is a name of endearment i have Ebts never call them that but lots do wether staffordshire bull british bull american bull old tyme bull were getting a pattern here hence the name Bully there one more the bull this thread turned into and

You do know what the argument is. You've just added your 2 cents worth.

I know bullies is a term of endearment for bull breeds but an american bully is a ukc registered dog breed too

And in my mind registered dog breeds trump terms of endearment anyday

I only posted here asking about the ops dog and I get nothing but attitude and erroneous info"

its recognised by the american kennel club granted as is a british bulldog as well as uk kc still dont get your point

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

My point sir is with the op who has said that there is no such breed as an american bully. And their is

What's not to get?

over a year ago

"My point sir is with the op who has said that there is no such breed as an american bully. And their is

What's not to get? "

AHH ok so you have one i get probably she means by not being recognised by the uk Kennel club but yeah it is by american

over a year ago

"My point sir is with the op who has said that there is no such breed as an american bully. And their is

What's not to get? "

Wow you are so nasty! Name calling , there is absolutely no need for it! Great filter you're setting yourself up with here.

And I NEVER said there's no such thing as an American bulldog lol...my goodness you just don't stop.

I have info that is facts as said by professionals to inform you so you know instead of not knowing. That's being helpful. What's rude is you practically accusing myself and other professionals as wrong.

To take over a good hearted thread with your nastiness shows more about you sir then anyone else on here. There's no need for it!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

What's not to get?

Wow you are so nasty! Name calling , there is absolutely no need for it! Great filter you're setting yourself up with here.

And I NEVER said there's no such thing as an American bulldog lol...my goodness you just don't stop.

I have info that is facts as said by professionals to inform you so you know instead of not knowing. That's being helpful. What's rude is you practically accusing myself and other professionals as wrong.

To take over a good hearted thread with your nastiness shows more about you sir then anyone else on here. There's no need for it!"

Are you even reading my posts???

IM talking about an american bully not an american bulldog

And what names have I called you?

over a year ago

What's not to get?

To take over a good hearted thread with your nastiness shows more about you sir then anyone else on here. There's no need for it!

And what names have I called you?"

You're reading nothing yourself. You're clearly chopping and changing your minf throughout and then going on to accuse someone of things not said or done. Learn facts and stop calling names etc. I know my stuff as do all other professionals. That's who real concerned dog people go to. You didn't start the thread kindly enquiring. You proceeded rudely at me and the other lady. I wish you all the best on this site!

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

What's not to get?

And what names have I called you?

You're reading nothing yourself. You're clearly chopping and changing your minf throughout and then going on to accuse someone of things not said or done. Learn facts and stop calling names etc. I know my stuff as do all other professionals. That's who real concerned dog people go to. You didn't start the thread kindly enquiring. You proceeded rudely at me and the other lady. I wish you all the best on this site!"

I didn't call you any names apart from not a good dog person. Which I stand by

You have too much negativity for proven healthy dog breeds like american bulldogs and olde times while breeding "healthy" british bulldogs

No such thing as a free breathing/breeding bulldog with no hip or elbow dysplacia and all the other health problems that come from the proven too narrow gene pool of the once great British bulldog

Post new Message to Thread