Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Panorama: undercover in nursing homes.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Will you also watch it? It is interesting and it is on bbc1 8.30pm.

Janice finch goes undercover to investigate a chain of private nursing homes that makes millions from nhs and local authority placements and has been told to make improvements. The reporter poses as a resident in two different homes, where she witnesses staff being run off their feet, leaving the privacy and dignity of some fellow residents being ignored.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I remember watching the one about winterborne about 5 years ago, I was in tears watching it.

over a year ago

I'm a care worker in St austell so I will be watching as it's local to me

over a year ago

Not all care homes are the same . Bare that in mind if you watch this. Please

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 21/11/16 20:27:35]

over a year ago

"I remember watching the one about winterborne about 5 years ago, I was in tears watching it."

over a year ago

"I'm a care worker in St austell so I will be watching as it's local to me "

over a year ago

"Not all care homes are the same . Bare that in mind if you watch this. Please "
That is right as well, many are good too.

over a year ago

"Not all care homes are the same . Bare that in mind if you watch this. Please "

yes, please do! rarely hear anything good about care homes or careworkers in the media..anyway must get off to bed soon...another 15 hour day for fuck all pay tomorrow...

over a year ago

It was good and clinton house got suspended for bad care and the residence have got alternative housing, they showed one family how they treated their family member in the care home and they were shocked, the regulator of morley group wont let them open another home.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Absolutely this. The care home my mother was in was a) spotless, b) full of activities and, c) incredibly caring.

When she was dying, every single member of staff came to see her at the end of their shift in case she wasn't there when they came back on.

Bad care homes need to be exposed and the issues addressed. It looks like the one featured on Panorama was already deemed unacceptable by the CQC.

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"Not all care homes are the same . Bare that in mind if you watch this. Please

Absolutely this. The care home my mother was in was a) spotless, b) full of activities and, c) incredibly caring.

When she was dying, every single member of staff came to see her at the end of their shift in case she wasn't there when they came back on.

"

Consider yourself hugged xx

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Not all care homes are the same . Bare that in mind if you watch this. Please

Consider yourself hugged xx"

Thank you. We've been more than a little touched at the messages from the care staff who were off when she died. Five of them are coming to funeral, in their own time.

over a year ago

There is a care home behind my house the oldies have a right time in there and they have nice activities planned most nights. On a Saturday they have dancing or a disco.

It's amazing to sit watching them enjoy themselfs.

On Xmas eve for the ladies who are not going to be with families I'm nipping around to paint there nails ready for Xmas day.

The manager was chugged when I contacted him to ask him.

over a year ago

My thoughts.. So another Panorama programme that slates care homes. Yes they were bad and it is heartbreaking to watch. But let us not forget that there are good homes out there too. Homes where we care for our people in a way that exceeds any CQC recommendation, homes where each and every staff member is hard working and dedicated, where we work endless hours beyond those that we are paid for. Those same homes work under immense pressure doing their utmost to meet the unrealistic goals placed upon them, where paperwork is overwhelming and support from external agencies is scant and hard to access. Where CQC can criticise the slightest shortcoming and use it in a negative way, where staff can be demoralised and lost along the way. I am bloody proud of my home and every one of my team. . So Fuck You Panorama and your negativity about the industry and THANK YOU my awesome fricking team. . .

By *irtyGirlWoman
over a year ago

Edinburgh

My Dad has decided that when my Mum gets dementia he's going to buy a gun, shoot her and get banged up for his remaining years thus saving us nursing home fees and he gets fed three meals a day, watches TV and is warm.

over a year ago

"My thoughts.. So another Panorama programme that slates care homes. Yes they were bad and it is heartbreaking to watch. But let us not forget that there are good homes out there too. Homes where we care for our people in a way that exceeds any CQC recommendation, homes where each and every staff member is hard working and dedicated, where we work endless hours beyond those that we are paid for. Those same homes work under immense pressure doing their utmost to meet the unrealistic goals placed upon them, where paperwork is overwhelming and support from external agencies is scant and hard to access. Where CQC can criticise the slightest shortcoming and use it in a negative way, where staff can be demoralised and lost along the way. I am bloody proud of my home and every one of my team. . So Fuck You Panorama and your negativity about the industry and THANK YOU my awesome fricking team. . ."

over a year ago

"It was good and clinton house got suspended for bad care and the residence have got alternative housing, they showed one family how they treated their family member in the care home and they were shocked, the regulator of morley group wont let them open another home."
Clinton house has had repeated warnings about standards of care glad I never went for that interview with them

over a year ago

"It was good and clinton house got suspended for bad care and the residence have got alternative housing, they showed one family how they treated their family member in the care home and they were shocked, the regulator of morley group wont let them open another home. Clinton house has had repeated warnings about standards of care glad I never went for that interview with them"
Yes and good you went to another one as they have had few reports.

over a year ago

"It was good and clinton house got suspended for bad care and the residence have got alternative housing, they showed one family how they treated their family member in the care home and they were shocked, the regulator of morley group wont let them open another home. Clinton house has had repeated warnings about standards of care glad I never went for that interview with themYes and good you went to another one as they have had few reports."
perfectly happy working in community x

Post new Message to Thread