Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The subject of blogging

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Doing quite a bit of self-reflection currently and as I often find writing is a way of streaming my thinking, helping to solve problems and finding new ways forward, it got me wondering about blogs.

Have you ever written a blog, or do you still? Do you blog about your passion? Maybe you love animals or excel as a parent or have the insight to know how a business can be improved. If you were to start blogging what would you choose to write about?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I wouldn't know where to start, if I'm honest maybe my journey through cooking and using it to destress

By *ightfall79Man
over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

My passion is horse racing mostly the jumps season and have my own blog site for it.

By *imiUKMan
over a year ago

Hereford

Not blogging, but I do keep meaning to find within myself the novel that supposedly everyone has.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I have deliberately avoided blogging. However, last year I kept one for my 50 challenges.

I did like the ability to add photos and videos to my words.

I want to take it down now but I can't work out how to archive it so that I have a copy of it (I couldn't make any of the Fab solutions work).

over a year ago

One of three things:

1) coming out the other side of supporting someone during a particularly poo depressive episode

2) supporting a partner as they come out

3) my work stuff (too much detail would give the game away)

over a year ago

"I wouldn't know where to start, if I'm honest maybe my journey through cooking and using it to destress "

That's a great topic and I like your angle!!

I'm thinking what I might fancy writing about currently.

over a year ago

"My passion is horse racing mostly the jumps season and have my own blog site for it."

Awesome!!

over a year ago

"I wouldn't know where to start, if I'm honest maybe my journey through cooking and using it to destress

I'm thinking what I might fancy writing about currently. "

I'm sure a lady of your talents will think of something

over a year ago

"Not blogging, but I do keep meaning to find within myself the novel that supposedly everyone has. "

Yes, I'm pondering that one too!

over a year ago

"I have deliberately avoided blogging. However, last year I kept one for my 50 challenges.

I want to take it down now but I can't work out how to archive it so that I have a copy of it (I couldn't make any of the Fab solutions work)."

That sounds like a great topic -- was it do fifty things around a certain age?! I'm turning 40 beginning of January -- maybe I should challenge myself similarly?! Oooooh.

over a year ago

"One of three things:

1) coming out the other side of supporting someone during a particularly poo depressive episode

3) my work stuff (too much detail would give the game away)"

There's something there about endurance, resilience, change, expectations, support and hope.

over a year ago

"I wouldn't know where to start, if I'm honest maybe my journey through cooking and using it to destress

I'm sure a lady of your talents will think of something "

Ha! Well thank you.

over a year ago

Ha! Well thank you. "

Though a photo blog is a top idea I tried that a while ago got bored with it tho

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"I have deliberately avoided blogging. However, last year I kept one for my 50 challenges.

I want to take it down now but I can't work out how to archive it so that I have a copy of it (I couldn't make any of the Fab solutions work).

That sounds like a great topic -- was it do fifty things around a certain age?! I'm turning 40 beginning of January -- maybe I should challenge myself similarly?! Oooooh. "

Yes, I was 50 last year so I spent the calendar year doing 50 things I'd never done before. I asked people to challenge me for some of them.

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

Yes I do

over a year ago

"One of three things:

There's something there about endurance, resilience, change, expectations, support and hope. "

Things we all need at some point

over a year ago

Ha! Well thank you.

Though a photo blog is a top idea I tried that a while ago got bored with it tho"

But photos of what? Would there be a theme or direction or just a melange?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/11/16 22:08:19]

over a year ago

Ha! Well thank you.

Though a photo blog is a top idea I tried that a while ago got bored with it tho

But photos of what? Would there be a theme or direction or just a melange? "

A week in the life of me on the road. Just random photos of things I've cooked places I've been

over a year ago

I've had 3 blogs all to do with running.

2 were event specific and 1 is ongoing - which reminds me I really should write something.

over a year ago

Never written a blog, but during the most transformative part of my life I kept a journal. It enabled me to process the emotions I was feeling and critically reflect on my experiences. I used it to inform my assignments, projects and Masters dissertation. Without the discipline of the reflection it would have been difficult to make sense of it all.

over a year ago

That sounds like a great topic -- was it do fifty things around a certain age?! I'm turning 40 beginning of January -- maybe I should challenge myself similarly?! Oooooh.

Yes, I was 50 last year so I spent the calendar year doing 50 things I'd never done before. I asked people to challenge me for some of them.

"

I like this idea a lot! What kind of things did you do, if you don't mind sharing? (And if not here or now, another time maybe -- I'm keen for you to have caught up and reviewed Blackpool!!!)

over a year ago

"Yes I do "

Your matchmaking thread is virtually a blog too!

over a year ago

"One of three things:

There's something there about endurance, resilience, change, expectations, support and hope.

Things we all need at some point "

over a year ago

Ha! Well thank you.

A week in the life of me on the road. Just random photos of things I've cooked places I've been "

Brilliant!!

over a year ago

Ha! Well thank you.

A week in the life of me on the road. Just random photos of things I've cooked places I've been

Brilliant!!"

Ties in with my love of both travelling and cooking

over a year ago

"I've had 3 blogs all to do with running.

2 were event specific and 1 is ongoing - which reminds me I really should write something."

Would you be able to teach me how to even start to take up running? I genuinely love the idea of doing it but it terrifies me too.

over a year ago

"Never written a blog, but during the most transformative part of my life I kept a journal. It enabled me to process the emotions I was feeling and critically reflect on my experiences. I used it to inform my assignments, projects and Masters dissertation. Without the discipline of the reflection it would have been difficult to make sense of it all."

And how did you structure your reflection? So you mean just really ensuring you have the time to read and think or did you do specific things as part of the reflection.

I find the way you write, your use of language and the conclusions you draw/ideas you present really engaging and relevant. I would certainly follow a blog of your musings. (Sorry, that was a bit fan girl!!)

over a year ago

2 were event specific and 1 is ongoing - which reminds me I really should write something.

Would you be able to teach me how to even start to take up running? I genuinely love the idea of doing it but it terrifies me too.

"

You start to take up running by walking

Slow and steady wins the race. You start by walking at a pace slightly quicker than you usually would then insert a minute of jogging for every 2 or 3 of walking.

As you get stronger you increase the jogging and reduce the walking.

Reebok used to have a great slogan 'run at the speed of chat'. If you can still natter while jogging, you are going at the right pace.

over a year ago

I kept two blogs for a long time:

- Davidoff Lights

- KeepOnRunning

I think the site was called 20six or twenty6. One of those two.

I lost my dad, 2 best friends, changed jobs and became a parent in the space of 8 months. I found keeping a blog helped me let of steam, get things off my chest and also to have a laugh.

I made a lot of friends from all over the world. Five of whom I am still in contact with.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

Slow and steady wins the race. You start by walking at a pace slightly quicker than you usually would then insert a minute of jogging for every 2 or 3 of walking.

Reebok used to have a great slogan 'run at the speed of chat'. If you can still natter while jogging, you are going at the right pace."

Thank you. I might try that. One day.

over a year ago

Reebok used to have a great slogan 'run at the speed of chat'. If you can still natter while jogging, you are going at the right pace."

That's the simplest, and least terrifying starter recommendation I've heard. Thank you!!

over a year ago

"

Reebok used to have a great slogan 'run at the speed of chat'. If you can still natter while jogging, you are going at the right pace.

"

Come for a London ramble with me!

over a year ago

"Doing quite a bit of self-reflection currently and as I often find writing is a way of streaming my thinking, helping to solve problems and finding new ways forward, it got me wondering about blogs.

Have you ever written a blog, or do you still? Do you blog about your passion? Maybe you love animals or excel as a parent or have the insight to know how a business can be improved. If you were to start blogging what would you choose to write about? "

Yes i used to write a blog that was very naughty and did very well. But put it all private a few years ago.

I do have a very boring mumsey one I use.. its about life as a mum of special needs child x

over a year ago

"I kept two blogs for a long time:

- Davidoff Lights

- KeepOnRunning

I lost my dad, 2 best friends, changed jobs and became a parent in the space of 8 months. I found keeping a blog helped me let of steam, get things off my chest and also to have a laugh.

I made a lot of friends from all over the world. Five of whom I am still in contact with. "

That sounds a very challenging time to have been coming through. Thank you for sharing -- I've had my circumstances change quite suddenly so am probably processing things similarly! And also trying to reconnect with myself better!

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"Yes I do

Your matchmaking thread is virtually a blog too! "

That's true

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

I've a blog full of random waffle (mostly about drag stuff) but hardly bother with it these days. Microblog via Farcebook, Twitter and Instasham under my Holestar guise

over a year ago

That's the simplest, and least terrifying starter recommendation I've heard. Thank you!!"

I really love running. Anyone can do it and it's taken me to some amazing places.

Some of my favourite photos from this year have been taken while out running and I've seen more of where I live in the past 18 months than the previous 16 years.

Trying to translate some of that, and the frustrations, into words just seemed like a good ideas. Having someone at a race say 'ah you're the bloke writing that blog' was incredible.

over a year ago

"Doing quite a bit of self-reflection currently and as I often find writing is a way of streaming my thinking, helping to solve problems and finding new ways forward, it got me wondering about blogs.

Have you ever written a blog, or do you still? Do you blog about your passion? Maybe you love animals or excel as a parent or have the insight to know how a business can be improved. If you were to start blogging what would you choose to write about?

Yes i used to write a blog that was very naughty and did very well. But put it all private a few years ago.

I do have a very boring mumsey one I use.. its about life as a mum of special needs child x"

Ooooerrr how wonderful

And your current one I'm sure is far from boring -- I went to see my best mate suddenly yesterday evening as I just needed to be near her three little sproggins (I'm their god mum) and feel that joy that only little people can give you. I'm sure the joys and struggles that come with motherhood, and especially when special needs are involved, is a tapestry of realness! And if it's useful for you and/or anyone else -- incredibly worthwhile.

over a year ago

"I've a blog full of random waffle (mostly about drag stuff) but hardly bother with it these days. Microblog via Farcebook, Twitter and Instasham under my Holestar guise "

My son has just got in to drag. Would you mind sharing your blog with? On here or privately? Thank you.

over a year ago

I use these forums as my blog. Well that's my excuse for my ramblings anyway. Xxx

over a year ago

"I've a blog full of random waffle (mostly about drag stuff) but hardly bother with it these days. Microblog via Farcebook, Twitter and Instasham under my Holestar guise "

I must come and see you perform.

over a year ago

"

I really love running. Anyone can do it and it's taken me to some amazing places.

Some of my favourite photos from this year have been taken while out running and I've seen more of where I live in the past 18 months than the previous 16 years.

Trying to translate some of that, and the frustrations, into words just seemed like a good ideas. Having someone at a race say 'ah you're the bloke writing that blog' was incredible.

"

Awww I bet it did!

over a year ago

"I use these forums as my blog. Well that's my excuse for my ramblings anyway. Xxx"

I do too!

over a year ago

I do have a very boring mumsey one I use.. its about life as a mum of special needs child x

Ooooerrr how wonderful

And your current one I'm sure is far from boring -- I went to see my best mate suddenly yesterday evening as I just needed to be near her three little sproggins (I'm their god mum) and feel that joy that only little people can give you. I'm sure the joys and struggles that come with motherhood, and especially when special needs are involved, is a tapestry of realness! And if it's useful for you and/or anyone else -- incredibly worthwhile. "

ita started off as an extention of the support group I help from time to time... as my daughter is now 20.. so its a way to help those going through the early part of these journeys

By *igeiaWoman
over a year ago

Bristol

I keep an occasional journal but since it's personal it isn't one I share online. If I ever get the right idea I'd love to write but I know I lack the discipline and the inspiration thus far.

over a year ago

- Davidoff Lights

- KeepOnRunning

I made a lot of friends from all over the world. Five of whom I am still in contact with.

That sounds a very challenging time to have been coming through. Thank you for sharing -- I've had my circumstances change quite suddenly so am probably processing things similarly! And also trying to reconnect with myself better!"

The worst year of my life, apart from this year (much the same type of events, albeit no children born, just lots of loss and change).

I would say it can be beneficial, as you can choose how much of yourself you want to share. The option for having comments obviously allows you to connect with people, but can also lead to flame wars (not unlike any other kind of communication).

I stopped blogging following the 7/7 bombings, because the division that was caused by that awful incident was horrendous. There were conspiracy theorists, anti-Islamists, pro-democracy, anti-democracy camps. It got really nasty, really quickly.

A friend of mine blogs about vintage cars now and another, female friend about baking.

over a year ago

"Never written a blog, but during the most transformative part of my life I kept a journal. It enabled me to process the emotions I was feeling and critically reflect on my experiences. I used it to inform my assignments, projects and Masters dissertation. Without the discipline of the reflection it would have been difficult to make sense of it all.

And how did you structure your reflection? So you mean just really ensuring you have the time to read and think or did you do specific things as part of the reflection.

I find the way you write, your use of language and the conclusions you draw/ideas you present really engaging and relevant. I would certainly follow a blog of your musings. (Sorry, that was a bit fan girl!!) "

Thank you, that is a lovely thing too say.

At times I had areas to focus on so my reflection was specific to assignments and experiences relevant to that assignment. However most of the time it depended what was going on. Lucid dreams, working through emotional experiences from my childhood and youth, dealing with personal and professional challenges. I used relevant literature, collaborative inquiry groups and meetings with others who were travelling similar paths to assist in the reflection. The process I used was cycles of experience, personal reflection, then critical reflection to add academic perspective to my conclusions which tended to just lead onto the next cycle.

I studied a lot of philosophical and psychological stuff to help.

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

Come for a London ramble with me! "

Any time. I like walking.

over a year ago

"

Ooooerrr how wonderful

And your current one I'm sure is far from boring -- I went to see my best mate suddenly yesterday evening as I just needed to be near her three little sproggins (I'm their god mum) and feel that joy that only little people can give you. I'm sure the joys and struggles that come with motherhood, and especially when special needs are involved, is a tapestry of realness! And if it's useful for you and/or anyone else -- incredibly worthwhile. ita started off as an extention of the support group I help from time to time... as my daughter is now 20.. so its a way to help those going through the early part of these journeys "

That's incredibly supportive.

over a year ago

"I keep an occasional journal but since it's personal it isn't one I share online. If I ever get the right idea I'd love to write but I know I lack the discipline and the inspiration thus far."

I can relate to the last sentence. I have too many things I'd like to blog about to know which one to be truly inspired by. I still live in hope that the discipline comes once you're inspired. I'm now starting to think perhaps the discipline comes first -- and inspiration rushes into the space you hold for it. So I'm going to try that!!

over a year ago

"

Awww I bet it did! "

and with that I'm off to kickstart the blog again. Might help with my current running funk.

Thanks gorgeous

over a year ago

- Davidoff Lights

- KeepOnRunning

That sounds a very challenging time to have been coming through. Thank you for sharing -- I've had my circumstances change quite suddenly so am probably processing things similarly! And also trying to reconnect with myself better!

The worst year of my life, apart from this year (much the same type of events, albeit no children born, just lots of loss and change).

I would say it can be beneficial, as you can choose how much of yourself you want to share. The option for having comments obviously allows you to connect with people, but can also lead to flame wars (not unlike any other kind of communication).

I stopped blogging following the 7/7 bombings, because the division that was caused by that awful incident was horrendous. There were conspiracy theorists, anti-Islamists, pro-democracy, anti-democracy camps. It got really nasty, really quickly.

A friend of mine blogs about vintage cars now and another, female friend about baking. "

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you

over a year ago

"Never written a blog, but during the most transformative part of my life I kept a journal. It enabled me to process the emotions I was feeling and critically reflect on my experiences. I used it to inform my assignments, projects and Masters dissertation. Without the discipline of the reflection it would have been difficult to make sense of it all.

I find the way you write, your use of language and the conclusions you draw/ideas you present really engaging and relevant. I would certainly follow a blog of your musings. (Sorry, that was a bit fan girl!!)

Thank you, that is a lovely thing too say.

At times I had areas to focus on so my reflection was specific to assignments and experiences relevant to that assignment. However most of the time it depended what was going on. Lucid dreams, working through emotional experiences from my childhood and youth, dealing with personal and professional challenges. I used relevant literature, collaborative inquiry groups and meetings with others who were travelling similar paths to assist in the reflection. The process I used was cycles of experience, personal reflection, then critical reflection to add academic perspective to my conclusions which tended to just lead onto the next cycle.

I studied a lot of philosophical and psychological stuff to help."

Wonderful. Thank you.

over a year ago

"I keep an occasional journal but since it's personal it isn't one I share online. If I ever get the right idea I'd love to write but I know I lack the discipline and the inspiration thus far.

I can relate to the last sentence. I have too many things I'd like to blog about to know which one to be truly inspired by. I still live in hope that the discipline comes once you're inspired. I'm now starting to think perhaps the discipline comes first -- and inspiration rushes into the space you hold for it. So I'm going to try that!!"

I find having a real purpose for writing gives me the discipline, without that I never find the motivation. I also find others spark my inspiration so I'm most likely to write something worthwhile in response to someone else's questions. In my younger days it was my questions.

over a year ago

"

"

I will hold you to that, if not next month then certainly in the new year.

over a year ago

" and with that I'm off to kickstart the blog again. Might help with my current running funk.

Thanks gorgeous "

Awww hurrah! Hope it helps

over a year ago

"I keep an occasional journal but since it's personal it isn't one I share online. If I ever get the right idea I'd love to write but I know I lack the discipline and the inspiration thus far.

I can relate to the last sentence. I have too many things I'd like to blog about to know which one to be truly inspired by. I still live in hope that the discipline comes once you're inspired. I'm now starting to think perhaps the discipline comes first -- and inspiration rushes into the space you hold for it. So I'm going to try that!!

I find having a real purpose for writing gives me the discipline, without that I never find the motivation. I also find others spark my inspiration so I'm most likely to write something worthwhile in response to someone else's questions. In my younger days it was my questions."

Well I'll need to shape my purpose, and start generating my questions -- then I'll definitely seek more questions from others to hone it.

over a year ago

I find having a real purpose for writing gives me the discipline, without that I never find the motivation. I also find others spark my inspiration so I'm most likely to write something worthwhile in response to someone else's questions. In my younger days it was my questions.

Well I'll need to shape my purpose, and start generating my questions -- then I'll definitely seek more questions from others to hone it. "

You ask interesting questions

By *icketysplitsWoman
over a year ago

"

I will hold you to that, if not next month then certainly in the new year. "

New Year... lots of Christmas singing things in December.

over a year ago

Well I'll need to shape my purpose, and start generating my questions -- then I'll definitely seek more questions from others to hone it.

You ask interesting questions "

That made my face grin lots.

over a year ago

"

I will hold you to that, if not next month then certainly in the new year.

New Year... lots of Christmas singing things in December.

"

Perfect. I'd love that.

over a year ago

That made my face grin lots. "

The thing that makes a truly interesting question is that it captures the interest of others and yourself, because it is timely, relevant and touches and resonates with their experience. Then what would be a personal inquiry becomes collaborative and engaging.

Keep on asking them

over a year ago

"You ask interesting questions

The thing that makes a truly interesting question is that it captures the interest of others and yourself, because it is timely, relevant and touches and resonates with their experience. Then what would be a personal inquiry becomes collaborative and engaging.

Keep on asking them "

thank you

over a year ago

Keep on asking them "

Seconded

over a year ago

Keep on asking them

Seconded "

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/11/16 00:58:19]

over a year ago

Another question might be: do you have any particular blogs that you read that you would recommend (whatever the subject) -- and if so, what do you like about it/them?

over a year ago

Trials and tribulations of a fab forum user lol

over a year ago

"Trials and tribulations of a fab forum user lol"

over a year ago

Ha! Well thank you. "

Best blog I read was about traveling on the London Underground It was hilariously funny in parts and annoying in others

over a year ago

Ha! Well thank you.

Best blog I read was about traveling on the London Underground It was hilariously funny in parts and annoying in others"

Thank you I'd say that summarises travelling on the London Underground accurately as well as the blog!

over a year ago

Ha! Well thank you.

But photos of what? Would there be a theme or direction or just a melange? "

Photos of all the presents you had over the past year

By *obwithkiltMan
over a year ago

Belton

I started to set one up based on lighting rigs/operating when I was based in a theatre along with festival stuff and odd bits... Real life intervened unfortunately but have some time on my hands I may finish it off

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

"I've a blog full of random waffle (mostly about drag stuff) but hardly bother with it these days. Microblog via Farcebook, Twitter and Instasham under my Holestar guise

My son has just got in to drag. Would you mind sharing your blog with? On here or privately? Thank you. "

Yeah go for it. Just Google Holestar, 3rd link down

By *iSTARessWoman
over a year ago

London

"I've a blog full of random waffle (mostly about drag stuff) but hardly bother with it these days. Microblog via Farcebook, Twitter and Instasham under my Holestar guise

I must come and see you perform. "

Do it. I'm performing all of Prince's Purple Rain the next two Saturdays

over a year ago

Ha! Well thank you.

Photos of all the presents you had over the past year"

Who me?

over a year ago

"I started to set one up based on lighting rigs/operating when I was based in a theatre along with festival stuff and odd bits... Real life intervened unfortunately but have some time on my hands I may finish it off "

over a year ago

I must come and see you perform.

Do it. I'm performing all of Prince's Purple Rain the next two Saturdays "

Fabulous.

over a year ago

My son has just got in to drag. Would you mind sharing your blog with? On here or privately? Thank you.

Yeah go for it. Just Google Holestar, 3rd link down "

Wonderful, thank you!

over a year ago

I blogged about makeup for a few years when I was younger, when it was still quite a new thing. Then beauty blogging all became quite big business with people trying to make it their full time job and monetise it, and I couldn't really be arsed any more because that wasn't what I wanted to do. Got sent a lot of free stuff for a few years though

over a year ago

"I blogged about makeup for a few years when I was younger, when it was still quite a new thing. Then beauty blogging all became quite big business with people trying to make it their full time job and monetise it, and I couldn't really be arsed any more because that wasn't what I wanted to do. Got sent a lot of free stuff for a few years though "

Ha! Of course you did!!!

I hadn't even thought about the monetary or gifting element!! *blogs about cheese immediately*

over a year ago

"I blogged about makeup for a few years when I was younger, when it was still quite a new thing. Then beauty blogging all became quite big business with people trying to make it their full time job and monetise it, and I couldn't really be arsed any more because that wasn't what I wanted to do. Got sent a lot of free stuff for a few years though

Ha! Of course you did!!!

I hadn't even thought about the monetary or gifting element!! *blogs about cheese immediately* "

I actually follow a cheese blog. It's called Fromage Homage

over a year ago

I post my photos on various different sites. I wouldn't be much good at the written word. I find it gives me extra motivation to get out and take pictures.

over a year ago

"I blogged about makeup for a few years when I was younger, when it was still quite a new thing. Then beauty blogging all became quite big business with people trying to make it their full time job and monetise it, and I couldn't really be arsed any more because that wasn't what I wanted to do. Got sent a lot of free stuff for a few years though

Ha! Of course you did!!!

I hadn't even thought about the monetary or gifting element!! *blogs about cheese immediately*

I actually follow a cheese blog. It's called Fromage Homage "

Oh joy!

over a year ago

"I post my photos on various different sites. I wouldn't be much good at the written word. I find it gives me extra motivation to get out and take pictures. "

Awesome! Do you take photos of everything or a particular theme?

over a year ago

"I post my photos on various different sites. I wouldn't be much good at the written word. I find it gives me extra motivation to get out and take pictures.

"

Generally nature stuff(with some sky photos as well) and some portrait stuff. Only starting out really so still finding my feet somewhat.

I think everyone should have at least one thing they are passionate about.

over a year ago

Have you ever written a blog, or do you still? Do you blog about your passion? Maybe you love animals or excel as a parent or have the insight to know how a business can be improved. If you were to start blogging what would you choose to write about? "

When I was on a site where adults find friends, I used to blog all the time. It was mostly about sex and meets, and I found it very cathartic to think back to all my experiences with different women and couples. It was a good way for me to process all my experiences, and it helped to hear peoples' feedback on my writing too!

Best of luck with your blog!

By *oward1978Man
over a year ago

Rotherham

I once had this idea of doing a blog about the world of porn. Reviewing porn films etc. Kind of like Barry Norman mixed in with a Hunter S Thompson vibe. Something a little different. Never gave in any serious thought of how it might work or how to go about it but I liked the idea. I do have the weirdest ideas at times.

I must admit recently I have had this great urge to write. Not sure what exactly but I just like the idea of being a little creative. A bit like you OP, I find writing can at times be cathartic.

over a year ago

I have blogged for a few years although mine is currently 'offline for maintenance'.

I have a child with additional needs and so I wrote about the way that impacts me and my family. However as my son is now older and learning about the internet, and the whole digital foot print is becoming more of an issue, I've let it take a backseat for a while. Whilst I find it incredibly cathartic, I'd hate to cause him embarrassment or upset if he read it.

I miss it a lot but I also keep a diary which I find helpful.

over a year ago

"I post my photos on various different sites. I wouldn't be much good at the written word. I find it gives me extra motivation to get out and take pictures.

Generally nature stuff(with some sky photos as well) and some portrait stuff. Only starting out really so still finding my feet somewhat.

I think everyone should have at least one thing they are passionate about. "

Sounds wonderful, and I agree

over a year ago

When I was on a site where adults find friends, I used to blog all the time. It was mostly about sex and meets, and I found it very cathartic to think back to all my experiences with different women and couples. It was a good way for me to process all my experiences, and it helped to hear peoples' feedback on my writing too!

Best of luck with your blog!"

Ha, if I was to write about that it would be more a comedy blog of ungraceful mishaps!

Thank you!

over a year ago

"I once had this idea of doing a blog about the world of porn. Reviewing porn films etc. Kind of like Barry Norman mixed in with a Hunter S Thompson vibe. Something a little different. Never gave in any serious thought of how it might work or how to go about it but I liked the idea. I do have the weirdest ideas at times.

I must admit recently I have had this great urge to write. Not sure what exactly but I just like the idea of being a little creative. A bit like you OP, I find writing can at times be cathartic."

That sounds amazing!

Yes, I'm in that sounding out the myriad ideas I have stage too -- perhaps I just need to start and see what works.

over a year ago

"I have blogged for a few years although mine is currently 'offline for maintenance'.

I have a child with additional needs and so I wrote about the way that impacts me and my family. However as my son is now older and learning about the internet, and the whole digital foot print is becoming more of an issue, I've let it take a backseat for a while. Whilst I find it incredibly cathartic, I'd hate to cause him embarrassment or upset if he read it.

I miss it a lot but I also keep a diary which I find helpful. "

Yes, I can see the tension there. Writing really is catharsis -- I think of it in the same way that when you cry you expel the toxic hormones your body wants rid of, when you write you detach a little from the pain or stress etc you are putting out on the page. And then there's the reflecting on it and seeing change etc later on when you re-read.

over a year ago

New post yesterday and one lined up for today

I also managed to get out for a run.

Maybe I'll add a few on getting started and some hints and tips from my POV

over a year ago

"New post yesterday and one lined up for today

Maybe I'll add a few on getting started and some hints and tips from my POV "

Yay!! Impressive

over a year ago

My best friend writes a blog. It excruciatingly details most of my exploits when we're together. Reading it all back sober makes me go

I have no idea how we still have friends.

Funny though.

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

It would have to be music!

If retirement plans go well, then would have to via website updates

over a year ago

"My best friend writes a blog. It excruciatingly details most of my exploits when we're together. Reading it all back sober makes me go

I have no idea how we still have friends.

Funny though. "

That's hilarious!

over a year ago

"It would have to be music!

If retirement plans go well, then would have to via website updates"

Ding dong!

By *iamondjoeMan
over a year ago

Glastonbury

I've never written a blog.

One of the problems with the internet is that it gives every Tom, Dick or Harriet a platform to drivel inconsequentially...

Like Sam Johnson said: "When you have written the page, reread and the sentence you think is best - strike it out!"

You need a good editor.

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Ding dong! "

Estella! Have you just truned into the female version of Terry Thomas

over a year ago

Maybe I'll add a few on getting started and some hints and tips from my POV

Yay!! Impressive "

Cheers - maybe I'll feature you one day

over a year ago

"I've never written a blog.

One of the problems with the internet is that it gives every Tom, Dick or Harriet a platform to drivel inconsequentially...

Like Sam Johnson said: "When you have written the page, reread and the sentence you think is best - strike it out!"

You need a good editor."

Thanks for the encouragement, you [rest of sentence has been removed as the best bit]

over a year ago

Ding dong!

Estella! Have you just truned into the female version of Terry Thomas "

*raises eyebrow*

over a year ago