Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Cryogenic freezing

Jump to newest

By *empsey and hotpiece OP   Man
over a year ago

North west

In the news today, the 14 year old girl who knew she was going to die , and requested to be cryogenically frozen . Not wanting to analyse that, but personally I feel, if it gave her comfort in her final stages , to know this would happen after her death, im glad her wish was granted, god bless her.

Just wondering people's thoughts.

I'm open minded ( of course, I'm on fab), 200 years ago , if someone had predicted planes, cars, phones, the Internet etc, they would have been called crazy by most.

So , in the future, do you think the technology will be discovered to thaw bodies that have been frozen, and bring them back to life?

Bit heavy for a Friday night sorry but I'm fascinated by this.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *eliz NelsonMan
over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Yeah! Got me thinking in my own weird way....

I thought:

1) Already being a technophobe, I would hate to be frozen as would return 'defrosted' as a complete neanderthal

2) I would be completely beyond age range filters on fab

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

The way the world's going, it's pretty cruel and inhumane to bring someone back in the future.

over a year ago

Once your dead it's bust your dead.

The research shows that only a minute proportion of human body tissue can be frozen in such a way

And this only lasts for a specific amount of time i.e. with eggs/sperm etc.

It's clear this young girl was intelligent, it also shows how some companies pray on the vunrerble.

It's just plain wrong she's 14 say if the did bring her back in 200 years what then? She won't have family

Around her.

over a year ago

(copied & pasted from the other thread on the same topic):

It gave a child the thought of the chance of a future life she couldn't otherwise hope for.

It gave her mother the (remote) possibility that one day her daughter may live a life she can't have now.

But I doubt it will have any value beyond that.

We're more likely to figure out how to transplant the mind into technology long before we can unfreeze and cure people which will make doing so redundant. Immortals won't need human bodies.

over a year ago

"In the news today, the 14 year old girl who knew she was going to die , and requested to be cryogenically frozen . Not wanting to analyse that, but personally I feel, if it gave her comfort in her final stages , to know this would happen after her death, im glad her wish was granted, god bless her.

Just wondering people's thoughts.

I'm open minded ( of course, I'm on fab), 200 years ago , if someone had predicted planes, cars, phones, the Internet etc, they would have been called crazy by most.

So , in the future, do you think the technology will be discovered to thaw bodies that have been frozen, and bring them back to life?

Bit heavy for a Friday night sorry but I'm fascinated by this.

"

I've been thinking about this all day since first seeing it on the news. Such a tragic story, I can totally understand where the young girl was coming from, she must have been so scared of dying.

I feel for her parents in different ways;

- her mum, who apparently was not able to devote as much time at the end of her daughters life as one would Ordinarily, due to having to arrange for the actual process to be carried out.

- her dad who hasn't been able to lay his daughter to rest.

Above all, a young woman has lost her life and her family and friends are grieving. Just so sad. I am glad that a court upheld her right to have her wishes carried out though.

By *moothies.Couple
over a year ago

Woodthorpe

I've not seen this news. How much do they have to pay for this????

By *ooking for bbwsCouple
over a year ago

secret garden chilling, always something to do in the garden

"I've not seen this news. How much do they have to pay for this???? "

but thinking in other ways yes I'm still not strong on my leg but my knee as not dislocated in just over 2years. However at the time of my first opp was right bout 17years ago, so a lot of improvements in 15years, the same doctors knew each other,an the first doctor was retired.... crazy he... mrs

By *eavenNhellCouple
over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"I've not seen this news. How much do they have to pay for this???? "
heard £ 37k but don't know if that's a one off or yearly

By *or Fox SakeCouple
over a year ago

Thornaby

Complete waste of money and basically a lie to themselves to give them some comfort, basically it's "religion" for them.

May as well tell them that the easter bunny is going to make it all better at some unknown time using magic.

over a year ago

Wouldnt like to be in the parents shoes one bit.

I do rememeber this being popular back in the mid 90s in america theres films and all made about the subject and that was 20 years ago.

I wonder what the story is with those people have they aged or what?

I know some animals hibernate

Post new Message to Thread