Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Charitable Giving

Jump to newest

By *yldstyle OP   Woman
over a year ago

A world of my own

So today is Children in need. I'm sure all agree its a good cause.

However on the annual day of celebrities,large organizations and millions given - please for a moment consider donating to smaller charities. The ones who don't get the limelight but work tirelessly 24/7 and 365 days a year all over the UK. Some may even be local to you. Making a difference to lives in your comminuty or in your circles of family or friends. Unsung heroes who dedicate themselves because they really care and want to make a difference and empower or support others.

I work for a charity and every day I'm inspired and moved by the stories and the people. I feel very lucky to be able to go to work and the focus is to make things better. Not to make some corporate a big profit.

So if you plan to donate today, please consider other causes too.

Thanks xxxx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

over a year ago

I give to two charities that both mean something personal to me

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

Don't forget to use the tax " gift aid " when donating ;

It gives the charity an additional 25p for every £1 you donate

over a year ago

We can't afford monetary donations so instead we volunteer our time at two animal shelters.

over a year ago

I used to help run a charity, but because we couldn't get the funds we had to lose our charity status and without that it's hard to get support.

over a year ago

over a year ago

"We can't afford monetary donations so instead we volunteer our time at two animal shelters."

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I already do

over a year ago

"So today is Children in need. I'm sure all agree its a good cause.

However on the annual day of celebrities,large organizations and millions given - please for a moment consider donating to smaller charities. The ones who don't get the limelight but work tirelessly 24/7 and 365 days a year all over the UK. Some may even be local to you. Making a difference to lives in your comminuty or in your circles of family or friends. Unsung heroes who dedicate themselves because they really care and want to make a difference and empower or support others.

I work for a charity and every day I'm inspired and moved by the stories and the people. I feel very lucky to be able to go to work and the focus is to make things better. Not to make some corporate a big profit.

Thanks xxxx

"

This

By *L RogueMan
over a year ago

London

"So today is Children in need. I'm sure all agree its a good cause.

Thanks xxxx

"

Already do.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I have a dd set up for a cancer charity as I lost both my parents to this horrible disease, ma mum 2 days before ma 7'th birthday and ma dad when I was 21.

Anything that helps is always a plus

By *orkie321bWoman
over a year ago

Nottingham

I choose not to support the large charitable events or even the big national charities. I don't have a lot to spare but I prefer to support small, local charites such as the nottingham branch of the ms society. They help people like my mum by providing support groups, benefit advice and they have a special centre which offers things like low cost hyperbaric oxygen therapy which isn't available on the NHS. Although my mum doesn't use many of the services they offer I support them as much as can. They make a massive difference to other local people who have this awful illness.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple
over a year ago

Halifax

I give to an animal charity and a cancer charity monthly ,i also volunteer for a charity which is close to my heart.

I think we can all do our bit doesn't have to be monetary.

Miss

over a year ago

For anyone able to give up your time to help out beats any monetary amount that you can donate. Gets a big up from me.

By *lanwoodMan
over a year ago

Alton

Thinking of giving my time over Christmas to Crisis at Christmas.

Post new Message to Thread