Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Caitlyn jenner and gender

Jump to newest

By *ath_Neil_bifun OP   Couple
over a year ago

near cardiff

Well I just thought "she" was a pisstake from South Park!

I'm happy for her to do whatever she wants to her body but I will never ever in a million years ever think she is a woman..

So is transgender real or just the make believe that goes on in your head when it comes to identity...

(thread closed by moderator)

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'll just sit back and watch the fireworks.

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Caitlyn Jenner, 67, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, is an American television personality and retired Olympic gold medal-winning decathlete.

Had to Google that

Who needs to label anyone?

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"Caitlyn Jenner, 67, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, is an American television personality and retired Olympic gold medal-winning decathlete.

Had to Google that

Who needs to label anyone?"

Because we love labels

I'll call her her a bloke in a dress with titties

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Well I just thought "she" was a pisstake from South Park!

I'm happy for her to do whatever she wants to her body but I will never ever in a million years ever think she is a woman..

So is transgender real or just the make believe that goes on in your head when it comes to identity..."

Are you saying that all identity is make believe? If you are then by your definition transgender is as real as every other way of defining one's identity.

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Caitlyn Jenner, 67, formerly known as Bruce Jenner, is an American television personality and retired Olympic gold medal-winning decathlete.

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

I'll call her her a bloke in a dress with titties "

I think Soxy will be most offended with this comment

Reply privately

over a year ago

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

Whatever your personal feelings are regarding transgender people, why do you have to call her anything?? have some respect for other peoples feelings.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nipping to the shop for popcorn

Reply privately

over a year ago

She is a woman, formerly a man. That is how she see's herself and how she wants to project herself to the world. Much as I am a he.

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

So is transgender real or just the make believe that goes on in your head when it comes to identity...

Are you saying that all identity is make believe? If you are then by your definition transgender is as real as every other way of defining one's identity.

"

I definitely believe that your identity is make belief. Your gender isn't though. A woman can never know what it is to be a man in a fundamental level nor can a man now what it's like to be a woman.

Caitlyn can call herself whatever she wants.i'll happily call her miss or caitlyn but she will always be a man pretending to be a woman

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

Whatever your personal feelings are regarding transgender people, why do you have to call her anything?? have some respect for other peoples feelings. "

Like I said I'm happy for her to do what ever she wants.

Although I couldn't give a shit about her feelings to be honest.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I definitely believe that your identity is make belief. Your gender isn't though. A woman can never know what it is to be a man in a fundamental level nor can a man now what it's like to be a woman.

Caitlyn can call herself whatever she wants.i'll happily call her miss or caitlyn but she will always be a man pretending to be a woman"

What, in your opinion, is the definition of male/female then? Is it about body parts, iE women have boobs and a vagina, men a penis?

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Caitlyn can call herself whatever she wants.i'll happily call her miss or caitlyn but she will always be a man pretending to be a woman"

So gender and identity are separate? Why can't she define herself by her identity rather than her gender?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nothing more than a publicity stunt, he was even talking about changing back. A tragic family that will do anything to remain in the spotlight.

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

Caitlyn can call herself whatever she wants.i'll happily call her miss or caitlyn but she will always be a man pretending to be a woman

What, in your opinion, is the definition of male/female then? Is it about body parts, iE women have boobs and a vagina, men a penis? "

Plus all the different hormones we produce and the difference in our brains...

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

So gender and identity are separate? Why can't she define herself by her identity rather than her gender? "

She can identity as what ever she wants. I've said that from the start..no one will ever convince me though that she is a woman

Reply privately

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

First things first, if a person asks you to call them "she" just fucking do it and stop being rude. It is no skin off your nose and doing otherwise makes you look small minded and spiteful.

There is a propensity to mistake sex and gender.

Sex is what we are born with, it is a physical state and no matter what you think, you are what you are.

Gender is entirely made up and assumes that people of different sex must act differently.

If we can get rid of the notion that your genitals and chromosomes mean you should act in a particular way then we don't need gender.

Gender has been invented to allow people to pigeon hole themselves, often, mistakenly, in the name of freeing themselves from the shackles of societal expectation.

Unfortunately the gender concept only serves to further divide, define and pigeon hole people.

I (Andy) was born with the male sex organs and by all accounts the corresponding chromosomes.

However if i want to be called "she" then call me "she".

If I want to wear a dress, then I shall wear a dress. I don't want to wear a dress, but who knows what might change in time.

Let us lose the assumption that people of certain sexes need to fulfil certain roles. Then we can get rid of the gender red-herring and we can stop discriminating.

Just because someone thinks something about themselves, doesn't mean it is true. Your sex is your sex, no matter what it is and what you want it to be. If you don't like it, change it, but do not invent another medium for discrimination, pigeon holing and bigotry.

Reply privately

over a year ago

oh dear oh dear

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm not qualified in the field, but I believe it is a medically proven fact that one can have the emotional and mental equipment of gender X and the body of gender Y.

If someone was born with a physical abnormality that we can all see, for example webbed toes or a missing finger, no one would claim it was just imaginary.

Why is it so difficult to accept that someone could have the physical attributes of one gender but the emotional and mental ones of another?

I'm not suggesting that there are none out there that haven't made it up, one story jumps to mind of someone having a sex change to a woman and then expecting the NHS to foot the bill to reverse it because it was inconvenient putting make up on.

Though if you believe that story is 100% true, you'd believe anything that the press print.

Reply privately

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

So gender and identity are separate? Why can't she define herself by her identity rather than her gender?

She can identity as what ever she wants. I've said that from the start..no one will ever convince me though that she is a woman "

The issue here is not that she is or is not one thing. It is that your brain is incapable of comprehending it.

Let's be honest there, that is such a tiny issue as to not be worth anyone else giving it any thought or consideration.

Only you can become mentally agile enough to treat people with respect and at face value. Until then, probably the best advice would be for you to keep quiet and stop your thinly veiled nonsense.

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

i agree with your first paragraph a man and woman cant fully understand thats because they are men and women and not transgender. I was born a woman and identify as a woman. I wasnt born with one set of genitals and the mind of the opposite sex

Reply privately

over a year ago

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

Whatever your personal feelings are regarding transgender people, why do you have to call her anything?? have some respect for other peoples feelings.

Although I couldn't give a shit about her feelings to be honest."

Why refer to him as a her then?

Reply privately

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

"First things first, if a person asks you to call them "she" just fucking do it and stop being rude. It is no skin off your nose and doing otherwise makes you look small minded and spiteful.

There is a propensity to mistake sex and gender.

Sex is what we are born with, it is a physical state and no matter what you think, you are what you are.

Gender is entirely made up and assumes that people of different sex must act differently.

If we can get rid of the notion that your genitals and chromosomes mean you should act in a particular way then we don't need gender.

Gender has been invented to allow people to pigeon hole themselves, often, mistakenly, in the name of freeing themselves from the shackles of societal expectation.

Unfortunately the gender concept only serves to further divide, define and pigeon hole people.

I (Andy) was born with the male sex organs and by all accounts the corresponding chromosomes.

However if i want to be called "she" then call me "she".

If I want to wear a dress, then I shall wear a dress. I don't want to wear a dress, but who knows what might change in time.

Let us lose the assumption that people of certain sexes need to fulfil certain roles. Then we can get rid of the gender red-herring and we can stop discriminating.

Just because someone thinks something about themselves, doesn't mean it is true. Your sex is your sex, no matter what it is and what you want it to be. If you don't like it, change it, but do not invent another medium for discrimination, pigeon holing and bigotry.

"

OP: go look up 'gender dysmorphia'. It is a very real thing. And it really is not something to be taken as a joke or as a 'publicity stunt'.

-Matt

Reply privately

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"I'm not qualified in the field, but I believe it is a medically proven fact that one can have the emotional and mental equipment of gender X and the body of gender Y.

If someone was born with a physical abnormality that we can all see, for example webbed toes or a missing finger, no one would claim it was just imaginary.

Why is it so difficult to accept that someone could have the physical attributes of one gender but the emotional and mental ones of another?

I'm not suggesting that there are none out there that haven't made it up, one story jumps to mind of someone having a sex change to a woman and then expecting the NHS to foot the bill to reverse it because it was inconvenient putting make up on.

Though if you believe that story is 100% true, you'd believe anything that the press print."

You are mistaking gender for sex.

You have the physical attributes of your sex. Gender is in the mind.

If you don't think that having balls means that you must have certain emotional attributes, then you don't need gender.

If you think that the possession of a pair of balls means that you must act or think in a specific way, then you are open to accusations of sexism.

Why should a person with a woman's body act in any set way? Why would he possession of a pair of balls mean you must behave like another person whose only common trait with you is that they have balls too?

Reply privately

over a year ago

What, in your opinion, is the definition of male/female then? Is it about body parts, iE women have boobs and a vagina, men a penis? "

Chromosomes.

Identity is a totally different thing. it might be seen as how one perceives oneself. Other people are entitled to perceive that differently.

However, everyone is entitled to be treated with respect and dignity. If a male wishes to identify as a female he is perfectly entitled to be addressed as such.

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

So is transgender real or just the make believe that goes on in your head when it comes to identity..."

Transgender is very real; and comes in many forms;

The most basic and obvious is the completely physical transgender;

E.g. Someone who has, for instance, female chromosomes and genes, but a male body, and vice versa.

And some who have both sets of " bits".. or none.

Then there are those who have mixed male/ female chromosomes, or an extra one.

All of the above need treatment and " correction" to make them whichever sex they wish to be/are driven to be. ( some may wish to remain cross gender, and do).

Then there are those who , whilst genetically one gender, are disposed , by both hormonal issues, and mental disposition, to be the opposite gender. They have to make a choice as to which gender they wish to be, and can take " corrective action".

None if which should be confused with Transvestites, cross dressers, etc, who remain, on the whole, committed to being and remaining the sex that they are; but enjoy, dressing as, and to greater or lesser extent , behaving as, the opposite sex.

Of course, there are a ( very) small number of people who think they are Transgender, who really are not, and seriously need condemning to sort themselves out, and decide " if they are real" and " which way to go". And there are a few attention seeking nutcases.

It's a massively complex subject. There are so many " shades" of Transgender, that the majority of people can't even begin to know what it is like.

And I have every sympathy for those who are in that "middle ground" who are full of conflicts, and have life changing decisions to confront.

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

She can identity as what ever she wants. I've said that from the start..no one will ever convince me though that she is a woman

The issue here is not that she is or is not one thing. It is that your brain is incapable of comprehending it.

Let's be honest there, that is such a tiny issue as to not be worth anyone else giving it any thought or consideration.

Only you can become mentally agile enough to treat people with respect and at face value. Until then, probably the best advice would be for you to keep quiet and stop your thinly veiled nonsense."

No one will ever convince me that caitlyn is a woman..never ever, and like I said I'm happy for her to be what ever she wants, and I will discuss what ever I please on a public forum

I love the advice to keep quiet. Lol..just what we need in a healthy society ; being told what I can or can't say because they don't like a difference of a opinion

Reply privately

over a year ago

OP I find it hard to believe that anyone can be so very dismissive of someone else's feelings and wishes, we live in a progressive society where issues such as those experienced by Caitlin can be addressed.

You cannot know what she has gone through in her life and to speak out has taken a huge amount of strength.

To express such flagrant disregard of someone's feelings is to my mind shocking and rather callous

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

"

I have referred to caitlyn as he and she

she will always be a He in my opinion ..like I've said I'm happy to call her caitlyn if I ever meet her but I will not ever believe she is a woman..do you think she is a woman?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

OP: go look up 'gender dysmorphia'. It is a very real thing. And it really is not something to be taken as a joke or as a 'publicity stunt'.

-Matt"

Google Gender Dysphoria

Reply privately

By *loria JamesTV/TS
over a year ago

Durham

Oh God I need attention.....I know I'll say something controversial!!

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"OP I find it hard to believe that anyone can be so very dismissive of someone else's feelings and wishes, we live in a progressive society where issues such as those experienced by Caitlin can be addressed.

You cannot know what she has gone through in her life and to speak out has taken a huge amount of strength.

To express such flagrant disregard of someone's feelings is to my mind shocking and rather callous "

Well I don't care about your feelings nor caitlyns I don't know either of you, and as I have said all along she can do what ever she damn well pleases. I'll happily call her caitlyn. I would never physically attack her nor would I ever stop anyone from doing what they want to their bodies but I will never ever be convinced that she is a woman..

Reply privately

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

"

-Matt

Google Gender Dysphoria

"

Sorry, you are right... dysphoria, not dysmorphia.

I have to say, having just looked at the OPs profile, being what many would consider an 'alternative' couple and clearly happy to not fit to what many would say are 'society's norms'... I'm really surprised at the attitude towards another human.

-Matt

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"Oh God I need attention.....I know I'll say something controversial!!"

I don't need attention...you might though, and it's hardly controversial..I'm not says no she shouldn't do it nor am I calling for her to be killed or have any violence against her..all I've said is I will never believe she is a woman.

I wonder How many straight guys would happily fuck Caitlyn Jenner...

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

OP, as well as getting a basic understanding of what gender is, suggest you look up the rates of suicides in trans people. And the rates at which they are victims of sexual assaults. Both are extremely high.

Joking about men in dresses and insisting people are not the gender that they feel they are is completely unhelpful and potentially damaging. Yes, you have the free speech to say what you want. But you can educate yourself and choose the way you want to refer to your fellow human beings.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

I'm sure she's super hyped that you're "happy for her to do whatever she wants"...

Reply privately

By *hloe sussexTV/TS
over a year ago

Larne

Of course it's real

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

I'm sure she's super hyped that you're "happy for her to do whatever she wants"... "

Is that not enough in a liberal society?

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"OP, as well as getting a basic understanding of what gender is, suggest you look up the rates of suicides in trans people. And the rates at which they are victims of sexual assaults. Both are extremely high.

Joking about men in dresses and insisting people are not the gender that they feel they are is completely unhelpful and potentially damaging. Yes, you have the free speech to say what you want. But you can educate yourself and choose the way you want to refer to your fellow human beings."

I don't care what people do. Are you not able to read?

Let me explain this to you..trans people can do what ever they want to their bodies..they can call themselves what ever pronoun they want. I will not harm anyone who has made this choice, I will happily call you sue if you want me to but I will never believe they are a woman...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow, just wow. I hope I have people like you for my dissertation project, but then maybe I don't.

Gender is fluid, you have no right in telling someone what their gender is, only they know that. You say women have no idea what it's like to be a man and men have no idea what it's like to be a women, do you think all those of the same sex are living their life the same?

I'm pretty certain people know when they don't feel right in their own body and it normally happens at a younger age, but so many are afraid to speak up about it due to society making them believe they have to be cis gender and worry about the consequences they'll face of they don't conform to the ways which have been set. More education needs to be put out there, so everyone understands it more and those with gender dysphoria are able to speak out.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"OP, as well as getting a basic understanding of what gender is, suggest you look up the rates of suicides in trans people. And the rates at which they are victims of sexual assaults. Both are extremely high.

Joking about men in dresses and insisting people are not the gender that they feel they are is completely unhelpful and potentially damaging. Yes, you have the free speech to say what you want. But you can educate yourself and choose the way you want to refer to your fellow human beings.

Let me explain this to you..trans people can do what ever they want to their bodies..they can call themselves what ever pronoun they want. I will not harm anyone who has made this choice, I will happily call you sue if you want me to but I will never believe they are a woman... "

I can read perfectly well, thanks. Your opinion is your own, but there's no need to share it. What are you hoping to achieve here, other than wind people up?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

I'm sure she's super hyped that you're "happy for her to do whatever she wants"...

Is that not enough in a liberal society?

"

My point was, why feel the need to comment at all, especially when a number of the trans community use this forum and will probably see your comments as pretty narrow minded.

I'm actually really surprised that as a couple who are obviously quite 'alternative' that you'd be so openly harsh and insensitive on someone's appearance.

Reply privately

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Let me explain this to you..trans people can do what ever they want to their bodies..they can call themselves what ever pronoun they want. I will not harm anyone who has made this choice, I will happily call you sue if you want me to but I will never believe they are a woman... "

So we can sum this thread up in the following sentence:

Man fails to grasp basic concept; doesn't care.

Great, why did this require an entire thread to advertise the fact you cannot deal with basic stuff?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I suppose it depends on what you see being a woman as actually meaning. If it means being born with a vagina then no, she's not. If it means living as a woman than yes of course she is.

A bit like whether you consider the meaning of being a father as providing some sperm, or actually behaving as a father and taking on the role of bringing up children.

Reply privately

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

OK, so what do you think that any transgender people might feel when they read your original post on here stating:

"but I will never ever in a million years ever think she is a woman.."

What do you think that makes them feel? For someone who might already be dealing with a lot of issues both within themselves and perhaps with society, friends and family... and then they read that?

-Matt

Reply privately

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Let me explain this to you..trans people can do what ever they want to their bodies..they can call themselves what ever pronoun they want. I will not harm anyone who has made this choice, I will happily call you sue if you want me to but I will never believe they are a woman...

OK, so what do you think that any transgender people might feel when they read your original post on here stating:

What do you think that makes them feel? For someone who might already be dealing with a lot of issues both within themselves and perhaps with society, friends and family... and then they read that?

-Matt"

To be fair, an half sensible person would see it for what it is and give it the regard it deserves.

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"Wow, just wow. I hope I have people like you for my dissertation project, but then maybe I don't.

Gender is fluid, you have no right in telling someone what their gender is, only they know that. You say women have no idea what it's like to be a man and men have no idea what it's like to be a women, do you think all those of the same sex are living their life the same?

I'm pretty certain people know when they don't feel right in their own body and it normally happens at a younger age, but so many are afraid to speak up about it due to society making them believe they have to be cis gender and worry about the consequences they'll face of they don't conform to the ways which have been set. More education needs to be put out there, so everyone understands it more and those with gender dysphoria are able to speak out."

How can you ever know what it is to be a man?

Do you have the same hormones as me?

Do our chromosomes match? do you have balls and a penis? Do you have the same brains? No ..You ignore biology and environment at your peril..

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

When i first started to here about transgender people i struggled. I am 51 there was no knowledge. So i went and educated myself as much as i could. I watched interviews on transgender people and was fascinated how they "realized" from such a young age something wasnt right.

Im just glad that it can be identified from a young age and transgender people are seen as real.

I will never know what its like to be transgender but i undertand enough

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you met her without knowledge of her transformation your opinion would be shaped differently and no one important to these matters gives a fuck what we all think. Nor should they.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Wow, just wow. I hope I have people like you for my dissertation project, but then maybe I don't.

I'm pretty certain people know when they don't feel right in their own body and it normally happens at a younger age, but so many are afraid to speak up about it due to society making them believe they have to be cis gender and worry about the consequences they'll face of they don't conform to the ways which have been set. More education needs to be put out there, so everyone understands it more and those with gender dysphoria are able to speak out.

How can you ever know what it is to be a man?

Do you have the same hormones as me?

Do our chromosomes match? do you have balls and a penis? Do you have the same brains? No ..You ignore biology and environment at your peril.."

Go educate yourself and understand why some individuals believe they are in the wrong body... Maybe then you may understand my statement.

Reply privately

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

-Matt

To be fair, an half sensible person would see it for what it is and give it the regard it deserves. "

True. Howeve, as the father of an adult trans son, I can attest that it can be the little comments and small minded-ness over and over that can create the hurt.

Slightly un-related, but I caught a bit on the radio in the car the other day about a young lad that committed suicide due to bullying. One of the things that caught my attention was that the mother was saying that a lot of the people who called him names and made his life hell didn't think they were doing anything wrong. "Well, I only called him that once" they said. But the mother pointed out that whilst they might have said it once... that was the tenth time it had been said to her son that day by others. ie. the individual act might be a one-off, but it can be the cumulitive effect that people don't notice.

-Matt

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

-Matt

To be fair, an half sensible person would see it for what it is and give it the regard it deserves. "

Why do I care what other people feel? Like I said so whatever you want to your body but you will never control my mind. If you get upset by what a complete stranger says then that's an insight into your mind.

Reply privately

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

-Matt

To be fair, an half sensible person would see it for what it is and give it the regard it deserves.

Why do I care what other people feel? Like I said so whatever you want to your body but you will never control my mind. If you get upset by what a complete stranger says then that's an insight into your mind."

You clearly don't care what anyone else thinks.

That's great. Congratulations.

Just don't fuck up other people's existences because you aren't capable of grasping basic concepts.

Reply privately

By *litheroevoyeurMan
over a year ago

Clitheroe

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

In that case don't be offended if anyone calls you an offensive pillock.

Reply privately

By *hetalkingstoveMan
over a year ago

London

"If you get upset by what a complete stranger says then that's an insight into your mind."

What a lovely attitude to have.

'If you get upset by someone being ignorant and unsympathetic, it's your own fault'

Reply privately

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

-Matt

Why do I care what other people feel? Like I said so whatever you want to your body but you will never control my mind. If you get upset by what a complete stranger says then that's an insight into your mind."

OK, you don't care what other people feel.

Fine.

You've made that clear.

I'm not entirely sure why you are so proud of that fact and advertising it on here. But if that is a strategy you think will work for you, then go ahead. We, personally, would give someone making comments like that a very wide berth, but who knows, maybe others find it an attractive quality.

-Matt

Reply privately

over a year ago

Kids on the edge: the gender clinic. It was on last night, try catching it on 4 on demand.

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

In that case don't be offended if anyone calls you an offensive pillock."

I'm not a precious little snowflake

What people i.e complete strangers think of me is totally irrelevant..insult me all you like

Reply privately

By *isKinkedKuntsMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

Amazing how someone can headline their profile with open minded and yet clearly demonstrate that this isn't the case.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Mmmm #backlashensues

Reply privately

over a year ago

I actually agree that she will never be 100% a woman. She has refused to get rid of her penis and takes medication to alter her hormones and make her more feminine.

If there is a different between gender and identity, then I would question both.

Her identity & gender is clearly still half and half by the fact that she carries the sexual organ of a man and does not want to change that.

Hormone therapy will have a massive impact on the way she feels about herself, others and the way she interacts. Hormones and mental health are intertwined and can have both negative and positive affect on how you see yourself. By medicating her with hormones, they are not just physically changing her, but mentally as well.

If she has body dismorphia, which someone has stated, then that's a mental illness. For instance if you had an anorexic with body dismorphia, you wouldn't actively encourage their negative body image, you would help them to see their body for what it actually is and help them acknowledge and accept it.

These are just my ramblings and thoughts. No offense intended

Reply privately

over a year ago

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

I have referred to caitlyn as he and she

she will always be a He in my opinion ..like I've said I'm happy to call her caitlyn if I ever meet her but I will not ever believe she is a woman..do you think she is a woman?"

Tbh, The Kardashians/Jenners don't place in my thoughts EVER

Reply privately

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman
over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

Seems like you're both trying to out do each with your thread's...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Biologically he's a man and always will be...... However I think it's entirely possible that a biological man could live like a female if she chooses?.

Evidentially the course he's choosing with his life doesn't really have great successes, most transgender people are no more happier than they were before

I don't really have any problem with anything somebody chooses to do providing that A I don't have to pay for it and B it doesn't interfere with my life.

On that basis Caitlin can do what the fuck she wants

Reply privately

over a year ago

We have had the pleasure of meeting and playing with a transgender female . She was gorgeous , and the experience was wonderful for all parties .

Yes she was at one point a guy with a cock and so on , but when she transitioned into a woman , she was most definitely all woman .

The thought that she was once a man never entered my mind as I fucked her , nor did it afterwards . And it didn't seem to affect her thinking either , she felt 100% female in every way , even to the point that she wasn't into my wife at all as she said she wasn't bi in any way shape or form .

Reply privately

By *rinking-in-laCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Also you can have a penis and still be of the female sex. Physically it is the testicles which defines if you are male or not. A male can have reproductive organs more commonly associated with females. If he also has testicles, he is a male.

Gender is made up. We could live happily without it. But since its here, let's respect those who need to label themselves to be validated and just accept them as they come to you.

Reply privately

over a year ago

If you don't care what strangers think then why post a statement looking for responses on a forum ?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If you don't care what strangers think then why post a statement looking for responses on a forum ? "

Probably for the 'lulz'

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If you don't care what strangers think then why post a statement looking for responses on a forum ? "

Exactly my thinking. Making loud and controversial statements and then denying any level of interest in others views smacks to me of trolling.

Reply privately

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

Hey, OP, Know what this weekend is? Know what is celebrated the 20th November internationally?

Trans Day of Remembrance.

A day to memorialise those who have been murdered as a result of transphobia and to bring attention to the continued violence endured by the transgender community.

Well timed.

And want to bring it a bit closer to home? Less than a month ago, a Fab member who was very active in the South West chat room on here committed suicide due to transgender bullying. One of the last things she posted online before she hanged herself was:

"I am starting to believe the insults. I am tired and I can’t see a happy ever after."

So. Seriously. Grow the fuck up. Take a long hard look at yourself and start to realise that you are a part of the problem.

-Matt

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hey, OP, Know what this weekend is? Know what is celebrated the 20th November internationally?

A day to memorialise those who have been murdered as a result of transphobia and to bring attention to the continued violence endured by the transgender community.

Well timed.

And want to bring it a bit closer to home? Less than a month ago, a Fab member who was very active in the South West chat room on here committed suicide due to transgender bullying. One of the last things she posted online before she hanged herself was:

"I am starting to believe the insults. I am tired and I can’t see a happy ever after."

So. Seriously. Grow the fuck up. Take a long hard look at yourself and start to realise that you are a part of the problem.

-Matt"

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

I suggest you read what the OP 'couple' have posted on their vegetarian thread to get a further insight of their mentality and tolerance.

MrB

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 17/11/16 12:23:36]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Looks like both parts of the op as a couple are being particularly antagonistic today, though it could be one half of the couple posing as either half. If it is then call yourself him or her, makes no difference to you.

To put things into perspective, we've established the op is entitled to their view, whether it's right or wrong.

The op established that Caitlin can call herself he or she, it makes no difference to the op. We're all grateful for getting permission by the way.

It's also pretty clear that any trans person probably has enough to concern themselves with without having to worry about getting approval from the op.

Again, thanks that you don't care whether I call myself Sue. To be honest, I don't really give a flying fuck for the approval of some troll on an internet forum.

While I've never met Caitlin Jenner, I doubt she gives a fuck for the opinions of an internet troll either.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Also you can have a penis and still be of the female sex. Physically it is the testicles which defines if you are male or not. A male can have reproductive organs more commonly associated with females. If he also has testicles, he is a male.

Gender is made up. We could live happily without it. But since its here, let's respect those who need to label themselves to be validated and just accept them as they come to you."

Gender isn't really made up, is it? You're one of the other, a man or a woman, and it's why people who want to swap go through such hard work to get to that other gender. If it was all in the mind there'd be no surgical solutions to gender identity.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Hey, OP, Know what this weekend is? Know what is celebrated the 20th November internationally?

Well timed.

-Matt"

That's horrendous

Reply privately

By *irceWoman
over a year ago

Gloucester

Hope your happy now...have a great day..

Reply privately

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

"Also you can have a penis and still be of the female sex. Physically it is the testicles which defines if you are male or not. A male can have reproductive organs more commonly associated with females. If he also has testicles, he is a male.

Gender is made up. We could live happily without it. But since its here, let's respect those who need to label themselves to be validated and just accept them as they come to you.

Gender isn't really made up, is it? You're one of the other, a man or a woman, and it's why people who want to swap go through such hard work to get to that other gender. If it was all in the mind there'd be no surgical solutions to gender identity. "

Yes, but the mind and body are very much linked.

So imagine you (born biologically female) realise that you actually identify more as male. You start to live a male life, and identify by a male name and pronouns... but each day you stare down at these two large lumps on your chest. Those lumps that you need to bind and conceal every day in order to wear the male shirt that you want to wear to fit in with your identity.

-Matt

Reply privately

By *unandbuckCouple
over a year ago

Sheffield

Poi_lucy Matt,

You are correct and your post about the TG suicide makes me even madder with this 'couple' .

If you green arrow you will get an idea of their self centred intolerance.

Reply privately

By *rishman75Man
over a year ago

Chessington/epsom

You can't say ladies and gentlemen on the underground stations anymore because a transgendered person found it upsetting ! Wtf is going on with this world now .

Reply privately

By *enny79TV/TS
over a year ago

chesterfield

I hate the body I have Iv never been male in my head Iv suffered so much because of this it hurts to have a feeling all ur life that ur in the wrong body I agree with gender is a state of mind but when u can't change ur mind no matter how hard u try where does that leave u?? It's things like this that made me keep my "secret " for so long why can't people stop judging and let others be who they want or NEED to be xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Forget Kaitlyn, have you seen Kendall and Kylie Jenner? god damn they fine

Reply privately

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

"I suggest you read what the OP 'couple' have posted on their vegetarian thread to get a further insight of their mentality and tolerance.

MrB"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Damn those evil n oppressive doctors enforcing their preconceived gender stereotypes on all those wee non binary babies.....fuckers!

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"I hate the body I have Iv never been male in my head Iv suffered so much because of this it hurts to have a feeling all ur life that ur in the wrong body I agree with gender is a state of mind but when u can't change ur mind no matter how hard u try where does that leave u?? It's things like this that made me keep my "secret " for so long why can't people stop judging and let others be who they want or NEED to be xx"

I'm not judging you. You can be what ever you want. I will never stop you. I will even happily call you what ever pronoun you want me to. You can imagine being a boy a girl or even a horse..what goes on in your head is your business but just never expect me to believe your make belief I would never mock you nor would I physically harm you nor would I bar you for living your life. I will even defend your right to do what ever you need to do but I will never believe it..Not sure why people are getting so wound up.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I hate the body I have Iv never been male in my head Iv suffered so much because of this it hurts to have a feeling all ur life that ur in the wrong body I agree with gender is a state of mind but when u can't change ur mind no matter how hard u try where does that leave u?? It's things like this that made me keep my "secret " for so long why can't people stop judging and let others be who they want or NEED to be xx

I'm not judging you. You can be what ever you want. I will never stop you. I will even happily call you what ever pronoun you want me to. You can imagine being a boy a girl or even a horse..what goes on in your head is your business but just never expect me to believe your make belief I would never mock you nor would I physically harm you nor would I bar you for living your life. I will even defend your right to do what ever you need to do but I will never believe it..Not sure why people are getting so wound up. "

Maybe, just maybe, it's not make believe. There's a long procedure a trans person has to go through to be able to even be considered, it's not like they just rock up to their doctors and say hey I'm a woman but have a penis and he says ok let me sort that for you the whole procedure for it all is one of the main reasons that many, whether trans male or trans female, don't end up having the full transition.

Yes maybe it is a mind thing, but then surely it's a mind thing that you're cis gender, but that's not seen as make believe, you were just one of the lucky ones to be born in the body you identify with.

Reply privately

By *tarbeckCouple
over a year ago

york

"I hate the body I have Iv never been male in my head Iv suffered so much because of this it hurts to have a feeling all ur life that ur in the wrong body I agree with gender is a state of mind but when u can't change ur mind no matter how hard u try where does that leave u?? It's things like this that made me keep my "secret " for so long why can't people stop judging and let others be who they want or NEED to be xx

I'm not judging you. You can be what ever you want. I will never stop you. I will even happily call you what ever pronoun you want me to. You can imagine being a boy a girl or even a horse..what goes on in your head is your business but just never expect me to believe your make belief I would never mock you nor would I physically harm you nor would I bar you for living your life. I will even defend your right to do what ever you need to do but I will never believe it..Not sure why people are getting so wound up. "

maybe they are reading the thread you also have on the go

Reply privately

By *obin_and_marionMan
over a year ago

Beaconsfield

I'm surprised in a community like this, where so much is tolerated and respected, to find intolerance and disrespect.

Reply privately

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

"I'm not judging you.... just never expect me to believe your make belief... I would never mock you "

Do you even read what you type?

-Matt

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'll happily take a turn on the naught step for this

Your a real transphobic peice of shit OP

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

I'm not judging you. You can be what ever you want. I will never stop you. I will even happily call you what ever pronoun you want me to. You can imagine being a boy a girl or even a horse..what goes on in your head is your business but just never expect me to believe your make belief I would never mock you nor would I physically harm you nor would I bar you for living your life. I will even defend your right to do what ever you need to do but I will never believe it..Not sure why people are getting so wound up.

Maybe, just maybe, it's not make believe. There's a long procedure a trans person has to go through to be able to even be considered, it's not like they just rock up to their doctors and say hey I'm a woman but have a penis and he says ok let me sort that for you the whole procedure for it all is one of the main reasons that many, whether trans male or trans female, don't end up having the full transition.

Yes maybe it is a mind thing, but then surely it's a mind thing that you're cis gender, but that's not seen as make believe, you were just one of the lucky ones to be born in the body you identify with."

If it's a mind thing which it is then it is make belief but the mind is powerful, and if they want to go ahead and have surgery ,and such like then I am more than happy for them to do it..shit I'm happy for the NHS to pay for it. But if you were born a man then you can only guess and imagine what it is to be a woman....and vice Versa

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"I'll happily take a turn on the naught step for this

Your a real transphobic peice of shit OP"

Lol..I won't report you

Not that I care what you think of me.. seeing as transgender is imaginary then I'd argue you can't be transphobic

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm surprised in a community like this, where so much is tolerated and respected, to find intolerance and disrespect.

"

We're not that surprised, which is depressing.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes maybe it is a mind thing, but then surely it's a mind thing that you're cis gender, but that's not seen as make believe, you were just one of the lucky ones to be born in the body you identify with.

If it's a mind thing which it is then it is make belief but the mind is powerful, and if they want to go ahead and have surgery ,and such like then I am more than happy for them to do it..shit I'm happy for the NHS to pay for it. But if you were born a man then you can only guess and imagine what it is to be a woman....and vice Versa "

You do realise that many recognise that something isn't right preadolescent? So they have no real understanding of what it's like to be a man or a woman, so how does that justify your argument that they'll never understand? They clearly understand that something isn't right, that they identify with the opposite gender more, so maybe your argument is flawed and they do actually know what it's like to be a woman, because that is what they actually are, inside.

Reply privately

over a year ago

So if you are born with three arms and have one surgically removed will you always have three arms?

If you were born with the wrong genitals and have this surgically corrected, will you still have the wrong genitals.

When your opinions are bigoted and offensive, you should probably try keeping them to yourself... Or running for president.

Reply privately

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

Lol..I won't report you

Not that I care what you think of me.. seeing as transgender is imaginary then I'd argue you can't be transphobic "

Clearly you are now just trolling, and you are aware that both the Police and CPS specifically have policies for dealing with them. Just search for "Policy for Prosecuting Cases of

Homophobic and Transphobic Hate Crime" and you've find the CPS policy on it.

-Matt

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"I'm not judging you.... just never expect me to believe your make belief... I would never mock you "

Do you even read what you type?

-Matt"

Matt I'm not sure how hard this is for you to get..what goes on in your head is make belief..I will not stop you from thinking the way you do. I don't hate trans people, I would never insult one to their face..not my problem if people don't like what's going on in my head, if you don't like my opinions then go run to your safe space.Your feelings are totally irrelevant to me

Reply privately

over a year ago

In that case gender is make believe, not just transgender.

Reply privately

over a year ago

https://youtu.be/dq_va3wNfFo

Against me-transgender dysphoria blues

Good band,good tune

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

Lol..I won't report you

Not that I care what you think of me.. seeing as transgender is imaginary then I'd argue you can't be transphobic

Clearly you are now just trolling, and you are aware that both the Police and CPS specifically have policies for dealing with them. Just search for "Policy for Prosecuting Cases of

-Matt"

Hahahaha....the thought police is it Matt? I'm trolling now because the snowflakes are easily wound up..

Report me to the CPS and lets see them make a case against me..the crime of having an opinion different from yours!!!lol lol lol lol quick dial 999

Reply privately

over a year ago

#FabSuicide

Reply privately

By *enard ArgenteMan
over a year ago

London and France

"I'm surprised in a community like this, where so much is tolerated and respected, to find intolerance and disrespect.

"

I am not; I find this " swingers" community is regularly overall more intolerant and bigoted than elsewhere

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"In that case gender is make believe, not just transgender."

No pretending to be a woman when your a man is make belief..being born a male makes you a man. Gender fluidity is ideology not science I.e an opinion. If you want to think you are a woman then crack on. I will never stop you. I will never be that interested in your internal struggle for identity. You will never pass legislation that will make people belief in flights of fancy and make belief. You can never control my mind with your ideology and identity politics

Reply privately

By *oi_LucyCouple
over a year ago

Barbados

Lol..I won't report you

-Matt

Hahahaha....the thought police is it Matt? I'm trolling now because the snowflakes are easily wound up..

Report me to the CPS and lets see them make a case against me..the crime of having an opinion different from yours!!!lol lol lol lol quick dial 999"

No, it is not the thought police. If you kept your vile thoughts in your head then it would not be an issue. The issue is when you start expressing them to others. And you clearly missed my point. You claimed that 'transgender' is imaginary and you can't be transphobic as a result. I was merely pointing out that both the Police and CPS disagree with that sentiment and transphobia is not only a real thing, but that they have a specific policy to deal with hate crimes related to it.

-Matt

Reply privately

over a year ago

https://youtu.be/LnZppZ6CBSg

Lead singer of rock band laura jane grace talking about transgender dysphoria

Reply privately

over a year ago

So if what goes on in folks heads is make believe where does that leave those with mental illness/depression???

Reply privately

over a year ago

"https://youtu.be/LnZppZ6CBSg

Lead singer of rock band laura jane grace talking about transgender dysphoria"

Rock band against me*

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"#FabSuicide "

Unlikely seeing as the vast majority of fab users don't use the forums and in fact due to this post we've had loads more winks ah friend requests

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"So if what goes on in folks heads is make believe where does that leave those with mental illness/depression???"

That they are fucked because thy can't control their brains

Reply privately

over a year ago

"In that case gender is make believe, not just transgender.

No pretending to be a woman when your a man is make belief..being born a male makes you a man. Gender fluidity is ideology not science I.e an opinion. If you want to think you are a woman then crack on. I will never stop you. I will never be that interested in your internal struggle for identity. You will never pass legislation that will make people belief in flights of fancy and make belief. You can never control my mind with your ideology and identity politics "

Being born with a penis makes you have the sex of a man, knowing you're really a woman makes your gender a female.

What about those that have to go through scientific procedures to be the opposite gender? That's science. And then on ALL documents they are identified as M or F, so it's legal then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So if what goes on in folks heads is make believe where does that leave those with mental illness/depression???

That they are fucked because thy can't control their brains "

Your a bundle of fun you are

Reply privately

By *al2001Man
over a year ago

kildare

Had to Google that

Because we love labels

And I doubt she gives a shit about yours or your like

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

Lol..I won't report you

-Matt

Report me to the CPS and lets see them make a case against me..the crime of having an opinion different from yours!!!lol lol lol lol quick dial 999

No, it is not the thought police. If you kept your vile thoughts in your head then it would not be an issue. The issue is when you start expressing them to others. And you clearly missed my point. You claimed that 'transgender' is imaginary and you can't be transphobic as a result. I was merely pointing out that both the Police and CPS disagree with that sentiment and transphobia is not only a real thing, but that they have a specific policy to deal with hate crimes related to it.

-Matt"

So again if my opinions on a public forum are that vile and they upset you that much(lol) then report me and see what happens....I dare you to see how far they go with the prosecution...I don't believe that a man can be a woman just because he thinks it so let's see if my opinion gets me banged up..

Reply privately

over a year ago

near cardiff

"In that case gender is make believe, not just transgender.

No pretending to be a woman when your a man is make belief..being born a male makes you a man. Gender fluidity is ideology not science I.e an opinion. If you want to think you are a woman then crack on. I will never stop you. I will never be that interested in your internal struggle for identity. You will never pass legislation that will make people belief in flights of fancy and make belief. You can never control my mind with your ideology and identity politics

Being born with a penis makes you have the sex of a man, knowing you're really a woman makes your gender a female.

What about those that have to go through scientific procedures to be the opposite gender? That's science. And then on ALL documents they are identified as M or F, so it's legal then."

No. thinking you are a woman is subjective..it's as far from science as you can get.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"So if what goes on in folks heads is make believe where does that leave those with mental illness/depression???

That they are fucked because thy can't control their brains "

Can't argue with that flawless logic!

Kudos on the level of self control displayed on your threads

Reply privately

over a year ago

Lol..I won't report you

-Matt

-Matt

So again if my opinions on a public forum are that vile and they upset you that much(lol) then report me and see what happens....I dare you to see how far they go with the prosecution...I don't believe that a man can be a woman just because he thinks it so let's see if my opinion gets me banged up.."

Don't think it's about you being "banged up" it's just you are coming across in a not so positive light over a subject that has

A) no bearing on your life

B) no bearing on your partners life

C) not effected you in any way to cause you to research the subject

D) clearly brought out a not so attractive part of your personality

But hey ho

Reply privately

over a year ago

I wonder how many complaints have been made about this idiot today. Admin will be looking for extra staff at this rate.

Reply privately

By *inkyChrissy99TV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol

Lol, is he for real?

I find it hard to believe hes real and has survived to the age he is with his views tbh lol

Reply privately