Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

struuging gettin bday pressie

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

dunno wat to get my twin nieces for their 8th bday? what are 8 yr olds into lol.should i buy my twin nephews a wee something to open on the day so theyre not left out? being an aunty is hard work pmsl

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Blimey to sets of twins that must be bloody hard work lol.

Twin girls, iwould go for girlie stuff or you could look somewhere like the early learning centre. Im out of touch with 8 year olds as well. Personally i wouldnt buy your nephews something, they will be centre of attention on their birthday and if you start doing it you will always have to do it. But thats just my opinion

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

my niece's wee girl loves all by peppa pig..

best I can do

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

thanks guys, il just buy the girls as the boys are just 6 months old. they dont care lol. thinking sometthing messy or loud haha. auntys perogative

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

cant go wrong with hello kitty stuff .my daughter liked arty stuff too crafts sets ,aqua breads , making jewlery ect .ohhhhh how could i forget ds games and bratz !! lol

By *ensual temptressWoman
over a year ago

Southampton

ohhhh if they have wii then just dance game is fantastic fun (if they dont already have it lol ) .only trouble is the kids actually want to have a shot when your up struting your stuff lol ! not tat id be guilty of that of course .....cough !!!

By *essesCouple
over a year ago

nottingham

I would agree withe the Hello Kitty stuff or Sylvanian familys is something mine like but think they might find Peppa Pig too babyish (they grow up suddenly at 8).

Even better would be to take them shopping to choose something themselves (make sure you set them a limit!!) and for a bite to eat. Which would also I bet be a welcome relief for mum. I know my daughter would love that.

Lisa

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I could help you give them a cousin...

...but that would be next year...

( Doh! )

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

i tend to go for craft/creative presents.There are a lot of good kits out there,from solar sytem models to make your own jewelry

Parents love them too cos they can be dragged out on rainy "mum i'm bored days!"

over a year ago

grandmother of 3 girlies between 5 and 10 here !! they love stickers ,fairies ,princeesses ,anything pink ! glitter , crafty stuff ,puzzles,barbies , baby dollys,hello kitty, clothes, also the wII dance and singing games but like someone said they love to be taken out for an after noon and given a treat and they love thank god its fridays and the waitresses singing happy birthday ...

over a year ago

difficult age 8! too big for dollys sometimes but too little for other things! i agree with the craft stuff,most that age seem to enjoy making their own stuff and its good learning too! x

Post new Message to Thread